Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 869065 times)

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 382
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #1170 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 06:00 AM »

Basta laro lang ng laro, nagkataon na maraming pera ang LA eh,
sabi nga nila, if you have it, flaunt it,.. hehehe
Gusto nilang makuha ang championship at any cost, so eto na nga,..
rebuilding process, and it does comes with a price,...
So hate the system, not the team,.. hehehe

Nobody is hating on the team bro ....... (well, a few here are ..... maybe.)

The new CBA is in place, yet a few teams like the LAKERS still chose to spend for that legit championship chase.

Like I keep posting, if there's anyone to blame ...... it's the MAGIC for accepting weak trade returns for Howard.

==========================================================================

Aside from the obvious, potential Finals matchup with the HEAT ....... I'm excited about the home-games between the new-look LAKERS & a complete CLIPPERS team.

A healthy Billups makes for a more dangerous CLIPPERS team.

Offline Ashburndaride

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #1171 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 06:56 AM »
I HATE artificial teams! GO THUNDER! GO BULLS! ;D

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2669
« Reply #1172 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 07:07 AM »
ang tindi ah di pa nag umpisa ang season kangkungan na agad ang usapan ;D ;D

mahilig magbilang ng sisiw di pa nga nangingitlog ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #1173 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 08:16 AM »
I HATE artificial teams! GO THUNDER! GO BULLS! ;D

Sir, masyadong matipid ang BULLS, been wanting to see them rebuild sana,
pero parang Boston, ang kunat,... hehehe

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #1174 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 08:17 AM »
ang tindi ah di pa nag umpisa ang season kangkungan na agad ang usapan ;D ;D

Ganyan katindi ang forecast ni sir DPOGS,...

But one thing I admire from the guy, hindi sya pikon,...

thumbs up sir,...  ;)

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #1175 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 09:46 AM »
Like I keep posting, if there's anyone to blame ...... it's the MAGIC for accepting weak trade returns for Howard.

What trade makes it better? There is already an article out on Hennigan's interview. The trade in Houston wasn't as attractive as everyone assumed to be.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/08/15/dwight-howard-rob-hennigan-orlando-magic/index.html
Summary:
* Houston was only trading the Toronto pick, their pick from Dallas(2018), Kevin Martin, Gary Forbes, Jon Brockman and Marcus Morris. They even took out Jeremy Lamb because Houston liked his performance in the Summer League.
* Houston's GM Daryl Morey were all-praises for Hennigan after the trade. Here's the quote:
"I enjoyed working with Rob on a potential deal," Rockets general manager Daryl Morey told SI.com via text message. "He went with what was best for Orlando and over time people will see that he has made a good decision. He has a plan for Orlando and he has proved his ability to execute a plan to make franchises great from his time in San Antonio and Oklahoma City."
"
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2012 at 09:46 AM by sientobente »

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #1176 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 09:51 AM »
Dadaan muna yang Dwight na yan sa bangis ni Javale Mcgee!!!

Hakeem Olajuwon believes Denver Nuggets Center JaVale McGee should dominate NBA

This is awesome. Tapos sana magpanaturalize for the Philippine Team si McGee  :D

Anyway, I think I get the point that the Lakers will have a hard time against OKC and Miami with all the rules in the NBA right now like hand checking, illegal defense, clear path rule and the 3-second violation. It has created the game as a perimeter player driven league. This is where the Durants, Lebrons, Wade, Westbrook and Hardens thrive.
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2012 at 09:56 AM by sientobente »

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 349
« Reply #1177 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 10:05 AM »
^
If all their young guns keep improving, I think they can surprise some people.

They have a very deep roster.

PG: Ty Lawson, Andre Miller, Julyan Stone +
SG: Andre Iguodala, Corey Brewer, (Evan Fournier)
SF: Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler +, (Quincy Miller)
PF: Kenneth Faried, Anthony Randolph, Jordan Hamilton
C: JaVale McGee, Timofey Mozgov, Kosta Koufos

Agree with this one. Denver can pose a serious threat to the early favorites in the West, OKC & LAL. Aside from these three, I'm also predicting MIN, LAC, DAL, SAS and POR to make the WC playoffs.

For the Bulls fans out there, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvLIM3ZWldk&feature=youtu.be

I'm looking forward to seeing how adidas plans to market the new Dwight Howard.  :)

« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1178 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM »
What trade makes it better? There is already an article out on Hennigan's interview. The trade in Houston wasn't as attractive as everyone assumed to be.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/08/15/dwight-howard-rob-hennigan-orlando-magic/index.html
Summary:
* Houston was only trading the Toronto pick, their pick from Dallas(2018), Kevin Martin, Gary Forbes, Jon Brockman and Marcus Morris. They even took out Jeremy Lamb because Houston liked his performance in the Summer League.
* Houston's GM Daryl Morey were all-praises for Hennigan after the trade. Here's the quote:

If I read the article correctly, the breakdown of the deal mentioned being offered by Houston involved a third team already....the Lakers.  It didn't mention specifically what was offered if it was just between Houston and Orlando.  Only it was not that plentiful.

If Houston would end up w/ Bynum, then the offer obviously would not be as good if the Rockets got Howard.

Here's an article that sorta debunks the Sam Amick article...
http://www.thedreamshake.com/2012/8/15/3245552/report-rockets-offer-for-dwight-howard-wasnt-as-good-as-originally
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2012 at 10:53 AM by DVD_Freak »

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1179 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM »
First of all I'm a Wade fan, but Coach K is kinda nuts (and most probably correct though):

The embrace they shared Sunday in London after their gold-medal moment was heartfelt. So is the enduring impression LeBron James left with U.S. Olympic coach Mike Krzyzewski.

"He's the most unique player to ever play basketball," the Duke coach said Wednesday of the Miami Heat forward, "because he can play every position, both offensively and defensively."

Appearing on ESPN Radio, Krzyzewski was effusive in his praise.

"I love LeBron," Krzyzewski said. "He was our leader. He's the best player on this planet. And I think he can even get better, as he accomplishes more."

etc.

Here is the LINK.
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM by rex.reyesiii »

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1180 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 10:53 AM »
You hit the nail right on the head....NO TRUE CENTER. That's the best way to win against Miami. Let a dominant center loose inside. Well....LA now has arguably the BEST center in the league flanked by a two time champion in Gasol who is arguably the most skilled big man in the league.

You forgot softest err hehe. They have the best center in the League but according to Coach K... ^ read above.

You think Gasol and D12 can be drawn out of the paint for the entire game thereby allowing Wade and Lebron to have practice lay ups? Probably yes if Joel Anthony and Chris Bosh shoot threes all night and make it but that's like waiting for a cold day in hell.

LA wants Miami to shoot from the outside. Mas malaki chance nila manalo dun if Miami falls into that trap.

Miami wants to space the floor they will not just shoot outside. Miami has an all around game, although not having a true center, the game will be won by spacing the floor, which LA cannot do for now.

All D12 has improved with the Lakers anyway is rebounding. Some even say Bynum was better all around.

FYI... The formula of LA in having one dominant center surrounded by talent has resulted in 16 championships. Count them....16. The formula of Miami resulted in 1. 

You cannot argue with results.

First off I don't live in the Past. The game is different now a days until proven otherwise OKC is King of the West, they also have 2 great/good Centers and have the 2nd Best Player in the planet (Durant)...

What more with Miami who could win a Championship without good one. (True Center).

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2405
« Reply #1181 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 11:09 AM »
Wala ba pustahan? ;D. Sino gumagawa ng odds? ;D

I think Lakers will be very strong. Depends how Howard will come back from the surgery and how they will play together. I think with Nash there, it will be no problem.  ;). I also like Boston with the addition of Terry. To me, the contribution of Terry really won it for Dallas against Miami in the previous championship.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1182 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 12:22 PM »
You forgot softest err hehe. They have the best center in the League but according to Coach K... ^ read above.

Miami wants to space the floor they will not just shoot outside. Miami has an all around game, although not having a true center, the game will be won by spacing the floor, which LA cannot do for now.

All D12 has improved with the Lakers anyway is rebounding. Some even say Bynum was better all around.

First off I don't live in the Past. The game is different now a days until proven otherwise OKC is King of the West, they also have 2 great/good Centers and have the 2nd Best Player in the planet (Durant)...

What more with Miami who could win a Championship without good one. (True Center).

True.  Because they have who Coach K calls "the best player in the planet" right now.  Another team who did this was the Chicago Bulls led by who else, His Airness Jordan.  Well, Longley is a center but I don't classify him as a good one either. 

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1183 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM »
First of all I'm a Wade fan, but Coach K is kinda nuts (and most probably correct though):

etc.

Here is the LINK.

I believe Phil Jackson would have said the same thing about Lebron.  Or any other coach who gets the opportunity to have him in the team.

As I keep saying, the brilliance of Lebron is just unfolding.  We haven't seen his peak and his full potential yet.  When that time comes, BOOM.  So we're about to witness something we haven't seen before in the history of basketball.  C/o LBJ. 

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 980
« Reply #1184 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 12:47 PM »
For me LA won't win it all this year. They need time to develop teamwork. But it's pretty darn certain that they will scare the favorites. Next year is another matter.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1185 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 12:58 PM »
Boston is the only one that has won it all in the first year of a team up. Even the great Miami Heat was not able to accomplish it.

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #1186 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 12:58 PM »
Gusto ko talaga magharap sa 2013 Finals ang Lakers at Heat...
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1187 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 12:59 PM »
Boston is the only one that has won it all in the first year of a team up. Even the great Miami Heat was not able to accomplish it.

Yeah mas takot pa nga ako as a Heat fan sa Boston dahil kay Doc Rivers.

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1188 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 01:00 PM »
did i say anything that you said I didn't? :D

Come to think of it, Knicks also look great on Paper. :)

Out of the things you said, Miami already knows how to stop great PGs. Dwade will be Healthy next season(hopefully remember 2008-2009 season?). D12 will be the problem, but with their System, who is mature now can find a way..

Tapos meron pang Feb Trade deadline papala. :) As a Mia fan, i'll wait if Riley do something...

Tell me.. what is their "System"

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1189 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 01:05 PM »
^ Position-less Basketball daw sabi ni Spo nung pagpunta niya dito eh. ;D

Online hls

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • DVD Guru
  • impossible is nothing. just do it.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 33
« Reply #1190 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 01:06 PM »
Gusto ko talaga magharap sa 2013 Finals ang Lakers at Heat...
Marami tayong may gusto nyan ;D

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1191 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 01:12 PM »
If palaging talo sa rebounds, eh di palaging extra possesions ang Lakers?

anyway....woudnt expect anything new coz biased ka for Miami.   Ill just wait and watch the games, then maybe come up with an objective analysis on how Lakers will play.

Lets just wait for these dates

Dec 7 vs OKC and January 17 vs Miami, US dates.

Baka dun malalaman natin kung paano lalamunin ni Durant and Lebron ang Lakers, just like you have repeatedly stated.

Same here.. lets wait and learn once we witness the every night game.

on other hand Well natatawa ako "not natututwa" sa mga analysis na ganyan... hindi kailangan ng Center.

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1192 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 01:32 PM »
Marami tayong may gusto nyan ;D

Di narin sulit, pawala na kasi si Kobe and matanda na si Nash etc. pero yeah lets see.

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1193 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 01:39 PM »
Same here.. lets wait and learn once we witness the every night game.

on other hand Well natatawa ako "not natututwa" sa mga analysis na ganyan... hindi kailangan ng Center.

unfortunately, those are only regular games. it won't say much since Miami has another level when it comes to the playoffs.

...on other hand Well natatawa ako "not natututwa" sa mga analysis na ganyan... hindi kailangan ng Center.

Well until proven otherwise (Beat Miami) then Miami not needing a true center in today's NBA still stands sir.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #1194 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 01:40 PM »

All D12 has improved with the Lakers anyway is rebounding.   Some even say Bynum was better all around.

Bro, Lakers were also 2nd in the league in rebounding last year.   So rebounding wouldnt be an issue anyways. What Howard will bring is overall defensive impact.   Lakers were mediocre in PTS allowed last year, ranking 15th.

Orlando Magic, with its defense centered around Howard, were 7th last year.   And his teammates, individually, were not particularly noted for their defense.  

Anyway....its normal when fans of the defending Champions feel threatened.   Im into running and biking, when you are in the lead pack, its hard to maintain the lead, and you are always looking behind you.   Mas maganda pa just behind the lead pack and following lead pack's tail....drafting  :P
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2012 at 01:42 PM by Munskie »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #1195 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 01:47 PM »

Sino yung 2 great/good centers ng OKC??   pwede ba ipagsama yung great and good?  interchangeable?

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1196 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 01:50 PM »
^ good sila na medyo great ang meaning niyan for me.

1 is a champ and the other a defensive stud (2nd last season atah right? @Power Forward/Center)
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2012 at 01:55 PM by rex.reyesiii »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #1197 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 01:54 PM »
^ good sila na medyo great ang meaning niyan for me.

wow..  that settles it  :D  

So what can you say about Howard/Gasol combo??  ok ok lang/good??  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2012 at 01:56 PM by Munskie »

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1198 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 01:56 PM »
wow..  that settles it  :D 

So what can you say about Howard/Gasol combo?? 

Same thing, which I said OKC is no push over over the Lakers, they have answers to both.

While LA has no answer to...?  :)

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1199 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 01:56 PM »
Bro, Lakers were also 2nd in the league in rebounding last year.   So rebounding wouldnt be an issue anyways. What Howard will bring is overall defensive impact.   Lakers were mediocre in PTS allowed last year, ranking 15th.

Orlando Magic, with its defense centered around Howard, were 7th last year.   And his teammates, individually, were not particularly noted for their defense.  

Anyway....its normal when fans of the defending Champions feel threatened.   Im into running and biking, when you are in the lead pack, its hard to maintain the lead, and you are always looking behind you.   Mas maganda pa just behind the lead pack and following lead pack's tail....drafting  :P

pagkakaiba lang ning DH12 at babynum ay... well kailangan pa ba e memorize ang pag kakaiba. kung baga nong bata ako laging sinasabi sa akin ng nanay ko.. "ang hirap mong espilengin"