Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 870657 times)

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 982
Re: NBA: 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #1380 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 11:27 AM »
Though I'm a big MJ fan minsan naiisip ko rin yung sinabi ni Jabbar dati na dapat si Bill Russell ang GOAT. Masyado lang yata tayong focus sa mga inabutan nating era without looking at the early years wherein Russell was really dominating.

In the eyes of the players themselves it is still the number of rings and the value of the player in attaining those rings that count. Syempre excluded agad yung the likes of Steve Kerr and Robert Horry dun.  It's a different perspective if you ask people who didn't even play the game at that level like writers, analysts and syempre fans like us. There will always be bias. The players alone should be the only ones qualified to pick who amongst them is the GOAT because they know the game first hand.

Bill Russel's calling card was not scoring. It was primarily because of his leadership. Secondary factors na Lang yung rebounds, blocks, points and not to mention being the primary reason for demoralizing the opponents with his defense.

Prime example: he shifted from player to playing coach. The result was still a ring. Now I doubt it very much if both MJ and LBJ can coach their own team and win at the same time. That is leadership.
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012 at 11:29 AM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1381 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM »

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #1382 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 01:51 PM »
ill compare them pagretire na ni lebron ;D

ill compare them pag nag member na ng all defensive team si lebron, nanalo ng slam dunk competition

at nag laro na sya ng baseball ;D
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2228
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #1383 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 01:59 PM »
ill compare them pag nag member na ng all defensive team si lebron, nanalo ng slam dunk competition

at nag laro na sya ng baseball ;D

Dagdag mo golf  ;D
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1384 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 02:37 PM »
Serge Ibaka reaches agreement on four-year extension with Oklahoma City

Oklahoma City forward Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year, $40-million plus contract extension, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--serge-ibaka-reaches-agreement-on-four-year-extension-with-oklahoma-city.html

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #1385 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 02:51 PM »
puro si lebron ang bida? hehe....
before i like him but now....- not anymore

kung hindi lumipat si Lebron from cavs to miami - would you think he can get the RING?

sensya na kaya lang hindi na ako bilib kay lebron...

somehow when he move from cavs to miami i was disappointed
somehow who was a lot of talent - asking for assistance of two other talents like wade and bosh

opinion lang po
Love me or hate me.....

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1386 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 02:52 PM »
siya rin coach? ;D

yup, siya din ang assistant coach.  ;)

Pati water boy sya rin,...  ;D

he can be the athletic trainer too!  ;D

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1387 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 02:57 PM »

yes. actually, some look at him as a demigod.  ;)

kung hindi lumipat si Lebron from cavs to miami - would you think he can get the RING?

maybe, a slight tweak here and there to the Cavs roster and the right coaching.

somehow who was a lot of talent - asking for assistance of two other talents like wade and bosh

*from the Lebronytes' point of view*

but.. but.. Kobe had Shaq during the 3 peat years and Gasol in 2009 and 2010.
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012 at 03:23 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1388 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 03:17 PM »

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2405
« Reply #1389 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 05:09 PM »
yup, siya din ang assistant coach.  ;)

he can be the athletic trainer too!  ;D

:D ;D

How good is Lebron? He can dress up in a suit and be the ticket steward in the front door, and run down the stairs while taking off the suit, and with his miami jersey inside (ala superman) ready to play the 2nd quarter for just 5 minutes and score 30 points. Go back up in the 3rd quarter and sell popcorn and hotdogs and go back for the last few minutes of the game and score the game winning 3 pointer. That is how good Lebron is!!! ;D

Guys, just having fun here and kulitan. Huag i personal or get offended. Forum kasi. ;D Sometimes pang tuwaan lang, pang stress relief. Can't be serious all the time. :D ;D Siempre kung Lebron fan ka baka magalit. ;D. All in good fun lang.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1390 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 05:24 PM »
How good is Lebron? He can dress up in a suit and be the ticket steward in the front door, and run down the stairs while taking off the suit, and with his miami jersey inside (ala superman) ready to play the 2nd quarter for just 5 minutes and score 30 points. Go back up in the 3rd quarter and sell popcorn and hotdogs and go back for the last few minutes of the game and score the game winning 3 pointer. That is how good Lebron is!!! ;D

Lebron's versatility at it's best! :D

Guys, just having fun here and kulitan. Huag i personal or get offended. Forum kasi. ;D Sometimes pang tuwaan lang, pang stress relief. Can't be serious all the time. :D ;D Siempre kung Lebron fan ka baka magalit. ;D. All in good fun lang.

don't get me wrong. Lebron is really, really, really (as in really!) good.

it's just that i don't like the fact that Lebronytes worship him as a basketball god.
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012 at 05:53 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #1391 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 05:55 PM »

don't get me wrong. Lebron is really, really, really (as in really!) good.

it's just that i don't like the fact that Lebronytes glorify him as a basketball god.

Ya ako din, as what I have posted, you already know my side. I agree he is very good and very dangerous naman, the rest na post ko na. :D ;D

My opinion is his greatness and player comparisons are a fair discussion on this thread and not very tiring or nonsense. ;D Why? You have Coach K, Coach Boeheim, Pippen, media people etc. saying a lot on this guy. So if we discuss it here it is ok naman ::) I think its a fair exchange and great discussion.

Ito sinabi ni Coach B,

Syracuse basketball coach Jim Boeheim has spent the last decade coaching LeBron James as part of the men's U.S. Olympic basketball team. So, he's seen him grow as a player over the years. And, he thinks that King James might—key word: might—be a better player right now than Michael Jordan was.

"He's a leader," he said on Colin Cowherd's ESPN radio show yesterday. "He gets on the court, he tells people what to do…This guy can guard five [positions]…Put him on anybody, he can guard him. I always felt Michael Jordan was the best player I've ever seen…I didn't think it was close…and I'm not so sure anymore…He's like Magic Johnson with Michael Jordan-type skills as well."

Okay, let's cut right to the chase. Who agrees with Boeheim right now at this moment? Anyone? Anyone at all?

Yeah, that's what we thought. But, we know we're gonna be hearing this argument for, oh, the next 50 years or so. So, we might as well start having it now, right?

« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012 at 06:53 PM by Moks007 »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1392 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 06:07 PM »
Ito sinabi ni Coach B, so we can't discuss it? ;D

Syracuse basketball coach Jim Boeheim has spent the last decade coaching LeBron James as part of the men's U.S. Olympic basketball team. So, he's seen him grow as a player over the years. And, he thinks that King James might—key word: might—be a better player right now than Michael Jordan was.

"He's a leader," he said on Colin Cowherd's ESPN radio show yesterday. "He gets on the court, he tells people what to do…This guy can guard five [positions]…Put him on anybody, he can guard him. I always felt Michael Jordan was the best player I've ever seen…I didn't think it was close…and I'm not so sure anymore… He's like Magic Johnson with Michael Jordan-type skills as well.''

i agree with the highlighted part, but i think he doesn't have MJ type skills as of yet.

even before Lebron stepped into an NBA court.. experts, scouts, and analysts had always looked at him as a Magic Johnson type player. in fact, Pat Riley used that as a recruiting pitch during the free agency of 2010, that Lebron would play the role of Magic in the revamped Heat roster.

just my opinion, Lebron uses his brute strength and athleticism to bulldoze his way to the painted area. take that away, and he can only show you an average perimeter game and midrange jumper. now, if he can work on further improving his shot from the outside, then that will surely be a welcome addition to his arsenal. think im wrong? Nuggets head coach George Karl said..

''He is not a natural jump-shooter,'' Karl said. ''He's kind of a self-made jump shooter. He makes the ball go in, the ball goes in, but it's not pretty, his balance isn’t perfect. It's not going to look like Kevin Durant or Ray Allen. It goes in but at the end of the game that extra extra special player… Sometimes I don't know if he trusts his jump shot. He needs to get to the rim. If you take away the rim, he's probably going to pass the ball more often than not.''

source: palmbeachpost.com

now, Lebron definitely needs to work on that. he can't rely on his slashing abilities for the rest of his NBA career. once the age factor and (god forbid) injuries starts creeping in, he's going to need that midrange game.

work on the perimeter game
develop MJ & Kobe's footwork + work ethic

and then ''maybe'' we can start GOAT discussions.
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012 at 11:40 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #1393 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 06:47 PM »
Btw all this basketball talk made me buy the Dream Team book by Jack McCallum today at Fully Booked for 995 pesos. ;) ;D

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1394 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 07:04 PM »
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012 at 07:05 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1395 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 08:57 PM »
In the eyes of the players themselves it is still the number of rings and the value of the player in attaining those rings that count. Syempre excluded agad yung the likes of Steve Kerr and Robert Horry dun.  It's a different perspective if you ask people who didn't even play the game at that level like writers, analysts and syempre fans like us. There will always be bias. The players alone should be the only ones qualified to pick who amongst them is the GOAT because they know the game first hand.

Bill Russel's calling card was not scoring. It was primarily because of his leadership. Secondary factors na Lang yung rebounds, blocks, points and not to mention being the primary reason for demoralizing the opponents with his defense.

Prime example: he shifted from player to playing coach. The result was still a ring. Now I doubt it very much if both MJ and LBJ can coach their own team and win at the same time. That is leadership.

Bill Russel is so respected, he has a trophy named after him, and he's still freakin alive!
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1396 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 09:10 PM »
yes. actually, some look at him as a demigod.  ;)

“I think he’s God disguised as Michael Jordan.”
--Boston's Larry Bird, on Michael Jordan after he scored 63 points against the Celtics in Game 2 of the 1986 Eastern Conferece First Round

Oh...Larry's a legend too! Yan ang valid comment!
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #1397 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 09:25 PM »
Bill Russel is so respected, he has a trophy named after him, and he's still freakin alive!

nakakmiss yung mga dominant big men sa NBA. yung mga intense battles in the paint. olajuwon, ewing, robinson, shaq, mourning, mutombo, kaya kawawa rin yung mga smalls na mangangahas magdrive to the basket. ibang iba na rin talaga yung game dahil inadjust na nila sa kakulangan ng paint players. no hand checking, defensive 3 seconds, tagumpay ang NBA sa kanilang goal to make it a faster game but a lot softer. mas physical pa ang NCAA games. pabor talaga sa slashing wingmen ang game today.

sana magkaroon na ng second coming ang mga dominant centers and power forwards

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 982
« Reply #1398 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 09:57 PM »
If James had been around back then when physical play was in vogue and completely legal we will then see the presence or absence of his determination to get things done just like Jordan when he was up against the Bad Boys.

Recently John Sally was interviewed and he divulged the game plan that they had back then for Jordan....."if he is in the middle always drive him to his left, never give the baseline and if he goes up in the air then we put him down" no wonder there was a playoff game between the Bulls and Detroit wherein Jordan came crashing down the deck hard 9 times courtesy of Laimbeer, Rodman, Mahorn and Salley....but still he never backed down and he got things done eventually.

Most importantly it never came to a point wherein he needed to join another team for support to get things done. That by itself separates him from LBJ who accomplished things the easy way. How can one compare him to Jordan on that aspect alone? Much less declare him better than Jordan or the GOAT?
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #1399 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:38 PM »

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #1400 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 11:17 PM »
If James had been around back then when physical play was in vogue and completely legal we will then see the presence or absence of his determination to get things done just like Jordan when he was up against the Bad Boys.

Recently John Sally was interviewed and he divulged the game plan that they had back then for Jordan....."if he is in the middle always drive him to his left, never give the baseline and if he goes up in the air then we put him down" no wonder there was a playoff game between the Bulls and Detroit wherein Jordan came crashing down the deck hard 9 times courtesy of Laimbeer, Rodman, Mahorn and Salley....but still he never backed down and he got things done eventually.

mukhang matagal ng may problema si thomas kay MJ. ang gameplan naman lagi ng detroit was to ground air jordan. pero habang sinasaktan at ginagalit nila si jordan lalong gumagaling until the bulls finally destroyed the detroit pistons. kahit nung isang all star game nagconspire si thomas na walang magpapasa ng bola kay jordan. the controversial "freeze out" then after nung allstar at nagtapat ang pistons at bulls jordan dropped 49 points, 15 rebounds and 5 assists. in the end michael had the last laugh because one of the conditions for him joining the dream team was that isiah thomas wasn't included. and the detroit pistons never regained their winning form and jordan dominated the league

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1401 on: Aug 19, 2012 at 02:36 AM »
kahit nung isang all star game nagconspire si thomas na walang magpapasa ng bola kay jordan.

what year nangyari yan?

%$*@ naman talaga si Isiah Thomas, look what he did to the Knicks during his tenure as head coach/basketball executive. Jordan is no saint either, but Isiah takes the cake as my most hated NBA personality.
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2012 at 03:36 AM by 5zig3n »

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1402 on: Aug 19, 2012 at 04:12 AM »
what year nangyari yan?

%$*@ naman talaga si Isiah Thomas, look what he did to the Knicks during his tenure as head coach/basketball executive. Jordan is no saint either, but Isiah takes the cake as my most hated NBA personality.

That was michael jordans first all star, so kung '84 draft sya then that would be the '85 all star game.  "The FreeZe out!"
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1403 on: Aug 19, 2012 at 05:40 AM »
before i like him but now....- not anymore

sensya na kaya lang hindi na ako bilib kay lebron...

somehow when he move from cavs to miami i was disappointed

opinion lang po
yup,yuo are right brader,before mataas din paghanga ko kay lebron when he first entered the league.i thought he would be the next mj leading the cavaliers to the playoffs especially that game when he dominated the pistons.but to my surprise unlike jordan he didn't wait but join other superstars to  become a champion.since then,yeah i believe he is a great player but not as great as mj,you see it is not the title per se that makes a player great but the manner in which he got them.unlike the players today who form big threes players before have too much pride,nung hirap na hirap bulls sa pistons nun he could've easily decide to join the lakers or the celtics but no,he waited for his chance while improving his game to become a champion

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1404 on: Aug 19, 2012 at 06:27 AM »
yup,yuo are right brader,before mataas din paghanga ko kay lebron when he first entered the league.i thought he would be the next mj leading the cavaliers to the playoffs especially that game when he dominated the pistons.but to my surprise unlike jordan he didn't wait but join other superstars to  become a champion.since then,yeah i believe he is a great player but not as great as mj,you see it is not the title per se that makes a player great but the manner in which he got them.unlike the players today who form big threes players before have too much pride,nung hirap na hirap bulls sa pistons nun he could've easily decide to join the lakers or the celtics but no,he waited for his chance while improving his game to become a champion

There are lots of good players in the NBA, and among that top tier LeBron James stands out as the best of the bunch. There's nothing he doesn't do well on the basketball court, apart from shooting from outside at an elite level. The only way to discuss his place in the league, or to criticize him, is by comparing him to the cream of the HISTORIC crop.
As with most basketball arguments, that means he's going to be compared to Michael Jordan, to whom he cannot possibly measure up at this point in time. - Sports writer Eric Freeman
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1405 on: Aug 19, 2012 at 06:59 AM »
LBJ is good, but still  very young, marami pang magagawa yan,...
but I do agree with most of the guys here, unlike MJ, who waited for his time
to get his RINGS, itong si LBJ ay lumipat at nagbuo ng superteam,...

Well, it seems yun na ang trend ng NBA teams ngayon, like what the Lakers is doing now,
talagang ganun kahalaga ang Championship sa kanila...  ;)

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2670
« Reply #1406 on: Aug 19, 2012 at 07:26 AM »
LBJ is good, but still  very young, marami pang magagawa yan,...
but I do agree with most of the guys here, unlike MJ, who waited for his time
to get his RINGS, itong si LBJ ay lumipat at nagbuo ng superteam,...

Well, it seems yun na ang trend ng NBA teams ngayon, like what the Lakers is doing now,
talagang ganun kahalaga ang Championship sa kanila...  ;)

parang dinadaan na lang sa pera eh ::)
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1407 on: Aug 19, 2012 at 07:53 AM »
parang dinadaan na lang sa pera eh ::)

It is,.. its simple business sir,...

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1408 on: Aug 19, 2012 at 08:16 AM »
It is,.. its simple business sir,...

Lamang sa pera eh, use every advantage lang!
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1409 on: Aug 19, 2012 at 08:41 AM »
Lamang sa pera eh, use every advantage lang!

Exactly, and it seems LA doesn't really care kung gaano man kalaki ang tax nila ngayon,...
What's important to them now is to get back in top,...
Kobe wants to get another ring before he calls it quits,
Maikli na lang ang playability years ni Kobe, if you look at him now,
I can actually compare him now to the aging MJ before, if you guys remember,
nung kalakasan pa ni MJ ay panay ang saksak nito sa loob, but as the years go by,
Nag-ingat na rin sya at panay mid-range bombs ang hinasa nya, walang ipinag-iba kay
Kobe,... I have nothing against team rebuilding, kasama sa laro yan talaga, whoever has the
greatest $$$$$$$ gets the best players, its simple business, win and get more sponsors, and more investors,..

;)