Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 868638 times)

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #4920 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 02:27 PM »
Aray ko naman, dpogs ;D  Isa kang old school heckler if there's such a  term.  I remember collegiate games in the 80s-90s o kahit mga inter barangay games na grabe ang heckling.  Pag mahina ang loob mo at talo team mo, yari ka talaga.   May araw din ang Miami Heat mo ;D

From the looks of it, dpogs is getting under everyones skin regardless if you are a laker fan or not.  I'm a Celtic fan but somehow im not a laker hater, pang finals lang ang heckling kasi 2 teams remaining to get the crown.  What will be funny is if after all this heckling, neither of the two teams being mentioned win, ayun ang anti climatic between dpogs and the laker fans hahaha.  Obvious naman na si dpogs abhors the lakers, baka naman kasi ilang taon syang pinaiyak ng organization kaya ganon na lang ang galit nya sa team and kobe in particular.  So on the flipside, he is savoring his chances kasi ngayon lang naman sya nakakabawi.  So isipin nyo na lng, ilang taon na yang iyakin...ngayon lang naka tikim ng tuwa kaya pagbigyan at wag na lang pakinggan.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 980
« Reply #4921 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 02:29 PM »
From the looks of it, dpogs is getting under everyones skin regardless if you are a laker fan or not.  I'm a Celtic fan but somehow im not a laker hater, pang finals lang ang heckling kasi 2 teams remaining to get the crown.  What will be funny is if after all this heckling, neither of the two teams being mentioned win, ayun ang anti climatic between dpogs and the laker fans hahaha.  Obvious naman na si dpogs abhors the lakers, baka naman kasi ilang taon syang pinaiyak ng organization kaya ganon na lang ang galit nya sa team and kobe in particular.  So on the flipside, he is savoring his chances kasi ngayon lang naman sya nakakabawi.  So isipin nyo na lng, ilang taon na yang iyakin...ngayon lang naka tikim ng tuwa kaya pagbigyan at wag na lang pakinggan.

A championship in every 3 years....that's the average hehehehe
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4922 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 02:34 PM »
To the mere casual fans like you and me we may be jaded by stats and individual awards. Blake Griffin has amassed a ton of fans already from his unworldly dunks. He is good yes but does that define him as a player? I read an article once about NBA players that were gathered when they received the awards for the 50 greatest players in the NBA. Some of them with rings and some of them without. When Russel entered the room ALL of those players wanted to shake his hand and the respect that he commanded in that room was TOTAL. Bird was there and so was Magic, Jordan, Olajuwon, Malone, Stockon etc...you name it. He possesses something that no other man in that room has achieved. As a player its normal when you get the respect of fans due to your accomplishment but when you reach that level wherein you get the respect of your peers because of what defines you as a player then you can be considered as GREAT.

It is and has always been the measure of a team sport and that is winning the championship. I can bet that LeBron if given the chance will exchange those multiple MVPs that he won for multiple rings in a heartbeat.

Kapatid na Hector, only real athletes will understand what we are talking about. Hehehe. What put the icing on the cake for bill russel was his attitude, he kept on winning but kept his feet on the ground.  And always admired players, never did i hear news that he talked down on them.  The closest i know that has that same approach is hakeem olajuwon who also is very well respected.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4923 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 02:37 PM »
A championship in every 3 years....that's the average hehehehe

If thays how we will look at it bro, dpogs has cried at least 17 times and smiled twice.  Assuming pa yan that he was already a heat fan nung 06 which i sincerely doubt.  Kasi shaq was a part of that group that won for the heat and since also won for the lakers thrice, galit din si dpogs kay shaq kasi laker player eh hehehe.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4924 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 02:38 PM »
To the mere casual fans like you and me we may be jaded by stats and individual awards. Blake Griffin has amassed a ton of fans already from his unworldly dunks. He is good yes but does that define him as a player? I read an article once about NBA players that were gathered when they received the awards for the 50 greatest players in the NBA. Some of them with rings and some of them without. When Russel entered the room ALL of those players wanted to shake his hand and the respect that he commanded in that room was TOTAL. Bird was there and so was Magic, Jordan, Olajuwon, Malone, Stockon etc...you name it. He possesses something that no other man in that room has achieved. As a player its normal when you get the respect of fans due to your accomplishment but when you reach that level wherein you get the respect of your peers because of what defines you as a player then you can be considered as GREAT.

It is and has always been the measure of a team sport and that is winning the championship. I can bet that LeBron if given the chance will exchange those multiple MVPs that he won for multiple rings in a heartbeat.

In an interview, this is exactly the point of Kobe who only has 1 MVP.  He said he could've won more if he wanted to but he has always deferred to Shaq before and to his teammates and "sacrificed" individual stats so they can win championships.  That's why he has 5 rings.  Yes, he said that believe it or not ;D

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 464
« Reply #4925 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 02:43 PM »
Championship rings, IMO, define first and foremost, the greatness of the TEAM followed by the greatness of a certain player during a specific era.  It can't be an individual player only because basketball is a team game.  Bill Russell's Celtics had players like Bob Cousy, Sam Jones, Don Nelson & John Havlicek.  Jordan had Pip, Kukoc, Rodman, Armstrong.  Kobe had Shaq, Or Shaq had Kobe (depends which side you're on).   And don't forget the coaches.  It's always a team effort when it comes to winning championships.  The individual greatness of a player, sa tingin ko, must be measured by stats and his impact to the game.  Barkley, Stockton, Malone, Reggie, Drexler were all great players but have zero rings.  E kung padamihan nga lang ng rings ang favorite example ko si Robert Horry with 7 ;D

Clyde Drexler won an NBA Championship ring in 1995 in Houston Rockets together with Hakeem Olajuwon. I will proudly wear the jerseys of those ring-less players that you mentioned rather than the jersey of the one with the 7 rings.  :)
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2013 at 02:44 PM by VenoM_Unleashed »

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4926 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 02:50 PM »
^^ parang inulit pa ata ni KObe yang mga words na yan nong last radio interview nya sa espn :)

synchro_01 - the time nabasa ko yong name ni Bill Russel, dalawang word lang ni post ko.. "Natumbok mo" :)

Offline marsie38

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4927 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 02:51 PM »
Clyde Drexler won an NBA Championship ring in 1995 in Houston Rockets together with Hakeem Olajuwon. I will proudly wear the jerseys of those ring-less players that you mentioned rather than the jersey of the one with the 7 rings.  :)
Indeed... The ring is indeed the basis of being great provided you are the focal point of the team that wins the championship. For example Jordan and etc., Unlike Horry He has 7 rings but he is just a role player that a coach puts in the game to support the leader. It just so happen that Horry is one lucky dude. So no matter how many a ring you got but if you are only a supporting cast it does not count but instead you are just being blessed.
~*mars*~

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4928 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 02:51 PM »

Oh yeah Drexler with Houston tama!!  I stand corrected.

But there was a time I wanted to buy a Horry jersey -- back when LA beat Sacramento because of him.  Bwahaha...

Offline marsie38

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4929 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 02:56 PM »
I think the basis of greatness is how many of these two trophies you got. Championship and the MVP award. Meaning if you have a lot of MVP's and no rings says you are good but not good enough to lead your team to a championship, thus lucking leadership. If you have a ring and no MVP award says that you are not the main man and the people around you does the dirty job and you're just one of the factor in achieving the ring.
~*mars*~

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 464
« Reply #4930 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 03:00 PM »
Oh yeah Drexler with Houston tama!!  I stand corrected.

But there was a time I wanted to buy a Horry jersey -- back when LA beat Sacramento because of him.  Bwahaha...

I remember that shot, Horry caught the loose ball and threw a heartbreaking 3 point shot.  ;D

Okey naman si Horry, without him baka hindi din nag champion LAkers noon at inulit nya pa 'yun noong nasa Spurs naman sya.  :)

Offline marsie38

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4931 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 03:05 PM »
In an interview, this is exactly the point of Kobe who only has 1 MVP.  He said he could've won more if he wanted to but he has always deferred to Shaq before and to his teammates and "sacrificed" individual stats so they can win championships.  That's why he has 5 rings.  Yes, he said that believe it or not ;D

Well its very possible for Kobe to have more than 1 MVP before when he is with shaq, But it would have a draw back of a possible lesser rings for Kobe. When Kobe/Shaq Duo hits the floor before you can see that the main reason that LAL is winning before is due to the presence of Shaq. If Kobe hogs the ball all the time it's more probable for his team to lose. I remember way back then when shaq and kobe is alternating injuries, The one that shaq played without Kobe wins games rather than the other way around. Kobe is good individually but as for being the leader of the team, He doesn't have the respect of his team mates. Unlike in Chicago before, Just the mere presence of Jordan lifts the whole teams morale and all will play well.
~*mars*~

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 980
« Reply #4932 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 03:06 PM »
many fans kasi do not respect the history of the game. They only see what they see on TV presently.  It's been 100 years already. Many great players have come and gone. Some are still there holding on to greatness past (Kobe and Duncan), some in the present (Lebron) and some who show a lot greatness for years to come (Lebron again and to a close degree....Durant). The NOW is enjoyable to watch hence a lot of fans base their allegiance to what they only know but the past remains an embodiment of achievement standing tall. The future naman is something to look forward to for everybody. Iba iba ang type ng fans. Some see the total spectrum while others just see what is there right in front of them.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline marsie38

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4933 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 03:07 PM »
I remember that shot, Horry caught the loose ball and threw a heartbreaking 3 point shot.  ;D

Okey naman si Horry, without him baka hindi din nag champion LAkers noon at inulit nya pa 'yun noong nasa Spurs naman sya.  :)
Naalala ko rin nung mga panahon na iyon. Gusto kong patayin si Horry sa inis dahil sa mga game winning shots niya .
~*mars*~

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #4934 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 03:28 PM »
what if.. what if lang.. someday si King James mapunta sa lakers.

for sure mixed emotion yan lalo na sa mga Lakers haters :)

kahit gumapang pa ang lakers sa pusali.. may galit syempre ang mga fans sa lakers pero hindi naman kami bumibitaw as a lakers fans .. dyan ako proud sa mga lakers fans.

Sana makabawi ang Lakers sa BOS next week... sana lang.. sana. YONG bukas tiyas lamang sa talo ang lakers tsk tsk tsk.

Go Lakers.. tuloy ang gapang.... mabuti nga gumagapang and we learn something on it!!!

i dont mind if ever lumipat si James sa Lakers... ill still be Miami fans... siguro magkakaroon lang ako ng mixed emotion kung si coach spo na ang lumipat sa Lakers...

i was never a miami fan before... naging fans lang ako ng miami nang maging head coach na nito si coach spo... our very own... nagkataon lang na lumipat si LBJ during coach spo term...

Aray ko naman, dpogs ;D  Isa kang old school heckler if there's such a  term.  I remember collegiate games in the 80s-90s o kahit mga inter barangay games na grabe ang heckling.  Pag mahina ang loob mo at talo team mo, yari ka talaga.   May araw din ang Miami Heat mo ;D

ha ha ha... darating at darating din yan... katulad sa araw na dumating sa Lakers ngayon (buti nga)... sa ngayon... samantalahin ko muna tamasahin ang saya habang nasa rurok ng tagumpay ang Miami...

I have never been a Laker fan, but somehow parang napaka-unprofessional ng postings mo sir,...
I know you meant no offense, yet we do respect your opinion, pero parang hindi bagay ang salitang kanto sa mga posts mo sir,...

And may I ask, ano ba sa libro mo ang sukatan ng usang atleta,..? To make or pad his stats lang ba sa game,..? Yet ano pa ang halaga ng isang player kung hindi naman nya inaasam ang maging isang tunay na champion,..?

It seems parang may pagka-ipokrito yata yun sir (do pardon me) kung hindi pala sukatan ang bilang ng sinsing o korona ng isang player, yet ano pa halaga ng paglalaro nya,.?

Again I meant no disrespect to you or anyone here,...

no prob sir... as usual... kesa sa sabihin kong olats o talo ang Lakers... might as well pabigatin ko na lang ang term... supalpal... gapang sa putik... kangkongan... for me it is not salitang kanto... para sa akin mas salitang kanto ang laging may bad words (masaya man o hindi, galit man o hindi)... example: "P... I... pare... talo ang Lakers" "nya ha ha P....I... panalo ang Lakers"..... for me that is saitang kanto... pero kung sasabihin mong "Pare... gumapang sa putik ang Lakers..." "Pre supalpal ang Lakers" salitang kanto na... well for me its an art (naks) ganoon lang siguro ako maglaro ng salita... no offense... gusto ko lang mang-asar ng grabe (kaya nga nasa ignore list ako ni sir NBC... LOL :))

Basketball is never been an individual player... it is always a teamwork... to single out a player para tawaging greatest basketball ever ay isang kabastusan against sa buong team in my opinion... puwede ko pang sabihin.. one of the best player during his/her era.. but will never say... one of the great... puwede kong sabihin isa sa mga magailng pero hindi ko sasabihin dakilang manlalaro...

i will only apply the word 'dakilang manlalro' sa mga individual event... i will only accept na maging batayan ng isang dakilang manlalaro ang bilang ng kampeonato niya kapag ang sinalihan niya ay individual event... i will only accept na tawaging greatest basketball player on earth si Jordan if you can prove to me na he alone brings championship to his team....

mag compromise na ako doon sa batayan ng isang magaling na player ang bilang ng singsing but never ang word na dakila....
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2013 at 03:31 PM by dpogs »
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4935 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 03:44 PM »
I think the basis of greatness is how many of these two trophies you got. Championship and the MVP award. Meaning if you have a lot of MVP's and no rings says you are good but not good enough to lead your team to a championship, thus lucking leadership. If you have a ring and no MVP award says that you are not the main man and the people around you does the dirty job and you're just one of the factor in achieving the ring.

Agree ako to a certain point dito. Iba ang main man but pip for example was such a huge sidekick to Jordan that he was just as important to the team.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4936 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 04:03 PM »
Hehehe... nbc = blissfully ignorant.

I love the Ignore User function. :)

Go Lakers!!!

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #4937 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 04:11 PM »
Hehehe... nbc = blissfully ignorant.

I love the Ignore User function. :)

Go Lakers!!!

nbc

you can always click the "You are ignoring this user. Show me the post. "

sige na... basahin mo na mga post ko LOL...

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4938 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 04:25 PM »

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #4939 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 04:27 PM »

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #4940 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 04:49 PM »

This was Kobe's exact statement.....

“Because I played with Shaq. It’s that simple. A lot of the time we cancelled each other out. I sacrificed a lot playing with him. I really did. I did it for the success of the team. If I never played with him, my numbers would have been ridiculous.”

Of course it's a two way street.  Shaq sacrificed a lot as well.  After all Shaq only has 1 MVP.  My only question is, Kobe played with Shaq the first 8 of his 17 seasons in the NBA.  And Kobe's prime was well after the first 8 seasons.  Why didn't he win MVPs after Shaq?  Those are still 8 years in the league.  Why didn't he win MVP in at least his 9th, 10th or 11th season in the NBA which were his prime years?  And even after his MVP after 2008 onwards?
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2013 at 04:58 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4941 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 04:58 PM »
Because the media never liked him.

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #4942 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 05:01 PM »
This was Kobe's exact statement.....

“Because I played with Shaq. It’s that simple. A lot of the time we cancelled each other out. I sacrificed a lot playing with him. I really did. I did it for the success of the team. If I never played with him, my numbers would have been ridiculous.”

Of course it's a two way street.  Shaq sacrificed a lot as well.  After all Shaq only has 1 MVP.  My only question is, Kobe played with Shaq the first 8 of his 17 seasons in the NBA.  And Kobe's prime was well after the first 8 seasons.  Why didn't he win MVPs after Shaq?  Those are still 8 years in the league.  Why didn't he win MVP in at least his 9th, 10th or 11th season in the NBA which were his prime years?  And even after his MVP after 2008 onwards?
probably because on how the mvp is being selected

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #4943 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 05:07 PM »

i believe its the main reason why MVP must never be used to gauge ones greatness...

Offline marsie38

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4944 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 05:55 PM »
I beg to disagree. Kobe does not win mvp because he lacks the leadership that other MVP's provides their team. For instance LBJ, Jordan and Nash. These guys are MVP's because of how they play the game. The people love their leadership including their team mates and coaches. If the media doesn't love Kobe he would not have gotten one because the year that he got his MVP I think that CP3 deserves it more.
~*mars*~

Offline 2fast2furious

• Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #4945 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 07:12 PM »
Well its very possible for Kobe to have more than 1 MVP before when he is with shaq, But it would have a draw back of a possible lesser rings for Kobe. When Kobe/Shaq Duo hits the floor before you can see that the main reason that LAL is winning before is due to the presence of Shaq. If Kobe hogs the ball all the time it's more probable for his team to lose. I remember way back then when shaq and kobe is alternating injuries, The one that shaq played without Kobe wins games rather than the other way around. Kobe is good individually but as for being the leader of the team, He doesn't have the respect of his team mates. Unlike in Chicago before, Just the mere presence of Jordan lifts the whole teams morale and all will play well.
+1

Offline 2fast2furious

• Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #4946 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 07:16 PM »
I beg to disagree. Kobe does not win mvp because he lacks the leadership that other MVP's provides their team. For instance LBJ, Jordan and Nash. These guys are MVP's because of how they play the game. The people love their leadership including their team mates and coaches. If the media doesn't love Kobe he would not have gotten one because the year that he got his MVP I think that CP3 deserves it more.
+1 ulit dito.

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #4947 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 08:05 PM »

agree. media votes destroyed kobe's chances of getting more than one mvp award. i still remember the one mvp award given to nash instead of kobe. he has lots of haters in the media. im suprised he even won an mvp award

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4948 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 08:13 PM »
Indeed... The ring is indeed the basis of being great provided you are the focal point of the team that wins the championship. For example Jordan and etc., Unlike Horry He has 7 rings but he is just a role player that a coach puts in the game to support the leader. It just so happen that Horry is one lucky dude. So no matter how many a ring you got but if you are only a supporting cast it does not count but instead you are just being blessed.

You're kinda right but Big Shot Rob/Bob(?)'s contribution to the Championship series were very very very much needed. LOL @Sheed's face when he left Rob alone LOL.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #4949 on: Feb 14, 2013 at 09:17 PM »
agree. media votes destroyed kobe's chances of getting more than one mvp award. i still remember the one mvp award given to nash instead of kobe. he has lots of haters in the media. im suprised he even won an mvp award

Speaking of Nash and Kobe....

Why Lakers' Steve Nash Has a Better Shot at MVP Than Kobe

Despite the fact that Bryant is leading the league in scoring and is having his best statistical year since his own MVP season in 2008, the fact of the matter is that the wins never showed up during Nash's absence.

With Nash, there's a lot more potential to earn victories since he addresses most of the issues the Lakers are having.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1455435-if-the-lakers-keep-winning-with-steve-nash-will-he-be-the-mvp