Author Topic: Tangent - audio/video speakers.  (Read 1102 times)

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Tangent - audio/video speakers.
« on: Feb 18, 2008 at 01:40 AM »
Last Saturday, my brother alerted me to check out Acoustic Dimension in Rockwell Center. He went to buy foam cups for his Grado headphones and told me to audition the Tangent Home Theater Millennium 5-pack.

The Tangent Millennium 5-pack is composed of 2 floorstanders, a center & 2 small bookshelf for surround duties. AD only sells them as a set for 39.9k. They do sound dynamic, and while I thought that the center was small - it did deliver full sound enough to fill the store. I did find them to be a bit bright for my taste, but overall they were a great sounding set & wish I had more time to properly audition them.
They were powering the set with a Tangent AVR-100, a 7.1 AV-receiver that cost 75k+

The Tangent audio speakers were surprising - I auditioned their EVO4 speakers - very small about half the size of a regular bookshelf speaker - however it felt that the sound were coming from bigger speakers. They were clear & detailed - nice! It comes in 3 cabinet colors - red, white & black. All piano finish. Not bad for 13k+ and I'd recommend it for small bedroom audio set-ups where space is tight.
They also have regular sized bookshelf speakers & better sounding (daw) than the EVO called "clarity", but at almost 30k - I just took a pass - mahirap na at baka talagang maganda ang sound ;D
The owner, Mr. Eric Lopez Lim did treat me to audition Magnepans - now those floorstanders are sweet.........very. very sweet!
At 80k a pair, they should sound sweet! ;D

Tangent also has 3 integrated amplifiers in different wattage as well as 3(?) CD players - they reminded me of Cambridge Audio in their designs. AD also carries Cambridge Audio, Mirage speakers, a lot of turntables, records and a lot more of other stuff that I just didnt have the time to check out - sayang.

So if you're around the neighborhood of Rockwell, do check them out and audition these Danish goodies called Tangent - baka magustuhan ninyo ;)

Offline DTNS

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 242
Re: Tangent - audio/video speakers.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2012 at 07:52 PM »
I got to check out Acoustic Dimension earlier too. they also carry Polk Audio, Wilson Audio, and turntables.  ::)
Acer | Samsung | Harman Kardon | GoldenEar | NAD | Emotiva | SVS | iFi | Grado