Author Topic: Bose Cube Speaker System model 403  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Schubertz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bose Cube Speaker System model 403
« on: Jul 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM »
Hi guys, I found these pair of Bose Cube Speaker System model #403 and I was wondering how to set it up. I don't have a digicam at the moment so I would describe how the speakers look (i'll upload pics asap).

There are four cube speakers per set, one on top of the other. You cant really separate them, you can only swivel each cube to different directions. At the bottom or base there are two jacks/plugs, one for input and one for output (i'm not sure if these are standard 1/4" jacks/plugs), and a switch for direct or reflecting mode.

Do I need a specific amplifier to use these speakers? If not, can anyone suggest one that will work for these speakers? What would be the use of the output jack? Is it for a subwoofer?

Sorry for having a lot of questions, I tried to search for this particular model but all that turns up is the Bose Acoustimas Cube Speakers. Thanks in advance to those who would reply.

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
Re: Bose Cube Speaker System model 403
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2012 at 05:07 AM »
I think those come with a separate subwoofer,  The cubes plugs into the subwoofer and the subwoofer plugs into the amp. for now, dont plug the cube speakers directly into an amp as the crossover / filter is located in that module

Offline Schubertz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bose Cube Speaker System model 403
« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2012 at 09:56 AM »
Ah yes, I think I saw that one (Dual Channel Bass System), looks like a suitcase ;D and it seems it is an acoustmass series.

Those are pictures of the back of the Dual Channel Bass System (not the one I have, just a reference), how is it powered? And it seems there is only one output jack for the speakers, do I have to use a splitter of some sort to use two speakers?

Thanks for the quick reply qguy :)