Author Topic: Dai-ichi Speakers & sub  (Read 490455 times)

Offline mr_raymondsx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dai-ichi Speakers & sub
« Reply #510 on: May 19, 2004 at 06:31 PM »
im new here sa set up....id like hear some good advises sa mga guru dito

i am planning to buy the EFD pregnant series ng Dai-Ichi.....lahat ng speakers including sub. i saw it in their raon showroom.inaudition ko...sarap naman pakinggan...crisp and clear naman.

ano ang masasabi nyo mga bro who have this or anyone na nakadinig na tumunog ito?

Offline lance

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • SVS SB-1000 & Polk Audio RTi A3 Make sense to me!
  • Liked:
« Reply #511 on: May 20, 2004 at 10:24 AM »
I already heard that speaker at megamall showroom and I noticed that it has lot of BASS. I can say it is in the boomy side. The highs and mids is lacking and not proportion to bass as I may say. But that just me bro.  :)
This link might help you with your kids.

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #512 on: May 20, 2004 at 03:23 PM »
Bro raymondsx,
Why not get the DTX euros 6 ng Daiichi, it's the smaller brother of the EFD. Pregnant baffle din, this sounds clearer since it has smaller drivers and less bass. Mura pa. Eto rin nga ang next project ko sa speakers e. 

Bro lance,
I would second that. But you'd have to expect medyo bassy tong EFD since it has triple bass drivers. ;D
Making the most of what I've got

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #513 on: May 20, 2004 at 03:59 PM »
Sometimes mas madaling remedyohan yung malakas ang bass relative to other drivers.  Mas mahirap pag wa-bass.  ;D

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #514 on: May 21, 2004 at 01:36 PM »
Sometimes mas madaling remedyohan yung malakas ang bass relative to other drivers.  Mas mahirap pag wa-bass.  ;D

uh--huh! yup yup yup! ;D

Offline mr_raymondsx

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #515 on: May 29, 2004 at 01:45 AM »
 just bought an rxv440 and i matched it with dai ichi dtx efd pregnant series speakers w/ 512l mk2 dtx sub.
gemini hifi audio cables lang binili ko.eto ang kinaya ng munti kong ipon.

rxv 440---13k
efd pregnant ng dtx / dai ichi
(center, tower type front and bookshelf type sorround) w/ 512 L mk2 na dtx sub---- 27k
50mtrs. gemini and nobelle audio cables---3k
panasonic dvd player progressive scan---6k

mga tsong im super satisfied na...panis ang sm cinema's (hehe)

well its just me...so ano masasabi nyo mga expert kong ka-forum?

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #516 on: May 29, 2004 at 07:19 AM »
Mr raymondsx,

Congrats sa new toys mo sir.. will provide you happy watching and listening pleasure through out the years... pre experiment on placement/position of speaker and play with your AVR to maximize it potencial mas maganda pa yan after some tweaks and balancing... ;) ;)

Lance,

Bro,  :D ha ha ha may kapareho pla akong sitwasyon dito..he he eh ....yan lang kagandahan sa mga tulad nating pinag iipunan muna ang mga bagay na gustong bilin....habang nag iipon ka at malapit na eh..ang sarap ng feeling. Tapos pag nabili mo na, talagang chi ne cherish. Hindi tulad ng mga mayayaman na pag may gusto bili agad. parang wala lang.... ;) kaya mas masarap mabuhay ng simple lang tulad natin. Sana kung may mayayamang nakakakita ng msg ko na ito at gusto nyo akong pasayahin eh bili nyo lang po ako ng Tube amp..... ;D hayyyy..wish wish wish..

MABUHAY ANG MGA AV ADIK...YAHHHOO..

Pre ganyan di ako.. AV adik kahit sa 2 channel lang PANALO na!!

Offline mr_raymondsx

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #517 on: May 29, 2004 at 01:24 PM »
Mr raymondsx,

Congrats sa new toys mo sir.. will provide you happy watching and listening pleasure through out the years... pre experiment on placement/position of speaker and play with your AVR to maximize it potencial mas maganda pa yan after some tweaks and balancing... ;) ;)

Lance,

Pre ganyan di ako.. AV adik kahit sa 2 channel lang PANALO na!!

tnx pare....ill do your suggestions

nga pala 440 is an EISA award 2003-2004 and 6.1 discrete na sya...(dehins na phantom)

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #518 on: May 31, 2004 at 12:01 PM »

tnx pare....ill do your suggestions

nga pala 440 is an EISA award 2003-2004 and 6.1 discrete na sya...(dehins na phantom)

Bro,
Can the 440 provide adequate power for the speakers that you have? Ano nga rating ng 440? Kasi I like the 440 a lot kaya lang I'm not sure if it has enough power.  Thanks bro.

Offline lance

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #519 on: May 31, 2004 at 01:03 PM »

tma ka bro, ang mahirap lang pag walang adjust-an yung amp mo for bass. minsan nga naiisip ko paano pag bumili ako ng amp na walng adjustment sa bass eh yung speaker ko ang daming lamang bass eh.......paano kaya? ???

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #520 on: May 31, 2004 at 01:18 PM »

tma ka bro, ang mahirap lang pag walang adjust-an yung amp mo for bass. minsan nga naiisip ko paano pag bumili ako ng amp na walng adjustment sa bass eh yung speaker ko ang daming lamang bass eh.......paano kaya? ???

Taming a speaker with plenty of bass:

1 You can stuff the port (if it has) with socks or crumpled paper or anything so that the cabinet internal air pressure loads the woofer compliance.
2  You can put the speaker on a pedestal to raise it above the floor thereby reducing bass reinforcement.  The higher the least perceived bass.
3  You can move the speaker farther away from corners or walls again reducing bass reinforcement. The farther away the least bass perceived.
4  You can tweak the crossover inside with series resistors to divide the LF voltage going into the woofer (sort of putting a variable L-pad or potentiometer along the LF path)
5  You can teak the crossover to have a lower crossover frequency (assuming the tweet can hack the lower crossover point) thereby decreasing the woofer's operating range.
6  You can change the long-throw woofer with a stiffer cone or one with lower efficiency.
7  You can mass-load the speaker cabinet to increase its resonant frequency. 
8  You can treat the room with bass traps if you notice bass peaking.
9  You can insert an equalzier along the LF path to tame LF peaking (but not boost perceived cancellation)

« Last Edit: May 31, 2004 at 01:22 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline mr_raymondsx

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #521 on: May 31, 2004 at 11:36 PM »

Bro,
Can the 440 provide adequate power for the speakers that you have? Ano nga rating ng 440? Kasi I like the 440 a lot kaya lang I'm not sure if it has enough power.  Thanks bro.

yes bro...kayang laya naman ng 440....wala pa nga sa 12oclock ang dial ng volume e...i have a large home theater room...that is why i got the dtx efd pregnant series speakers tsaka maporma kc tingnan at afoordable pa (php 27 k).sabi nga ng pinagbilhan ko masyado daw malakas set-up ko.im really happy na kahit nakarinig na ako ng mga mission, mordaunt and b&w speakers.

here's the specs bro...try these links

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/RECEIVER/RX-V440.htm

http://www.eisa-awards.org/awards/2003-2004/ht.htm

tnx for the askin bro...

Offline mr_raymondsx

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #522 on: May 31, 2004 at 11:40 PM »
Bro raymondsx,
Why not get the DTX euros 6 ng Daiichi, it's the smaller brother of the EFD. Pregnant baffle din, this sounds clearer since it has smaller drivers and less bass. Mura pa. Eto rin nga ang next project ko sa speakers e. 

Bro lance,
I would second that. But you'd have to expect medyo bassy tong EFD since it has triple bass drivers. ;D

tama ka pare...doon kc sa listening room sa raon ng dai-ichi walang euro 6 na nakaset-up.ang na auditon ko e efd series.pa phase-out na nga daw etong efd kc papalitan ng euro-8 which is available na sa raon...cheaper than efd and they say better sounding daw for a medium size room.it looks as nice as the efd pregnant series.japorms din.

tnx for reply bro

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #523 on: Jun 01, 2004 at 11:09 AM »

tama ka pare...doon kc sa listening room sa raon ng dai-ichi walang euro 6 na nakaset-up.ang na auditon ko e efd series.pa phase-out na nga daw etong efd kc papalitan ng euro-8 which is available na sa raon...cheaper than efd and they say better sounding daw for a medium size room.it looks as nice as the efd pregnant series.japorms din.

tnx for reply bro

Sabagay, bro, dati I thought the EFD was the final frontier for me, meaning if I could get it, tigil na ako dun, kaya lang it was just way too expensive for me. So I'm happy for you that you got those, inambisyon ko rin kasi dati yan e, kaya lang dun na lang ako sa EUROS 6, o kaya sa EUROS 8 kung ma-a-afford ko. Enjoy your toys bro. Thanks.  ;)

Offline Yakuini

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #524 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 02:53 PM »
Bro raymondsx,

Sir arthur, how much po Euros 6 ng Daiichi? Am using DTX Slim but want an all black setup...baka pwedi sa akin Euros 6 :) Thanks

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #525 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 03:02 PM »

Sir arthur, how much po Euros 6 ng Daiichi? Am using DTX Slim but want an all black setup...baka pwedi sa akin Euros 6 :) Thanks

17K+++, for the entire system, towers, center, rears, and sub. Almost 18K. Ang binigay kasi sa akin ni Mike na catalog walang individual pricing e, system na. Gusto ko rin nga nito e, pero pag nakumpleto ko ang euros 6 system, hanggang dun na lang siguro. Ang DTX 9.5 system + 4.12 na sub would cost around 15,500, so konti lang ang diperensya. Sige, bili na para mabigyan mo naman ng review, hehe. Ingat! ;D

Offline juneaki

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #526 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 03:17 PM »

Sir, kung mag-a-upgrade ka sa Euros 6 ay willing ako na amponin ang DTX Slim mo. Kaya sige na magEuros na! >:D >:D >:D

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #527 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 03:18 PM »
naks abababa pic naman diyan ng euro6?

has anyone auditioned this?

any comments?

rock solid pa rin ang Yamaha440+DTX ko!
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2004 at 03:25 PM by kimpOy »

Offline Yakuini

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #528 on: Jun 05, 2004 at 02:16 PM »

Ay walang retail? Plan ko sana kung maganda syang magperform compare to DTX Slim is to get Center and Tower muna.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #529 on: Jun 05, 2004 at 04:37 PM »
aba... ang pogi ah!!!

wala bang retail?

magkano ang set niyan?

any head to head matchup versus the DTX Slim Series?

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #530 on: Jun 07, 2004 at 01:03 PM »

Sir, kung mag-a-upgrade ka sa Euros 6 ay willing ako na amponin ang DTX Slim mo. Kaya sige na magEuros na! >:D >:D >:D

Ay, sorry, bro ha? Di ko kasi ipinapaampon ang mga anak ko e. Plano ko kasi dun is ilagay sya sa kwarto namin eventually, so may nakalaan na na lugar para sa kanya. Hehe. I rarely sell my babies kasi e. Sorry!! ;D ;D

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #531 on: Jun 07, 2004 at 01:12 PM »

Ay walang retail? Plan ko sana kung maganda syang magperform compare to DTX Slim is to get Center and Tower muna.

It can be bought in retail, kaya lang di ko kasi natanong sa Moses Aaron ang individual prices. Ang nakalagay lang kasi sa catalog na naibigay ni Mike sa akin ang yung package price lang e. But definitely, they can be bought separately. Suggestion ko? Buy the towers first, malaki ang difference sa performance. As with the centers and bookshelves, di gaanong malaki ang difference sa DTX 9.5.  ;D

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #532 on: Jun 07, 2004 at 01:28 PM »
aba... ang pogi ah!!!

wala bang retail?

magkano ang set niyan?

any head to head matchup versus the DTX Slim Series?

As I mentioned, it can be bought in retail. They do look better than the EFD pregnant system, both the Euros 8 and Euros 6 have tamer bass than the EFD series, clarity and detail are great, at least for me, ha? The towers have a substantial difference in performance, mas full bodied ang bass ng Euros, unlike ng 9.5 na inadequate ang bass if without a sub to back it up. The centers and the bookshelfs are very similar in terms of performance. Those are just my personal opinion about the said speakers. I'm no expert po. he he. Personal experience lang po ang foundation ko.  ;D

Offline kimosabe

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #533 on: Jun 08, 2004 at 09:19 AM »
Para saan ba yung switch sa DTX 4.x subwoofers na 5.1 and stereo? I hear no difference between the two whenever I switch from 5.1 to stereo or vice versa.

Thanks.
if life has failed you, leave the cross you nailed to

Offline lance

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #534 on: Jun 08, 2004 at 12:35 PM »

It can be bought in retail, kaya lang di ko kasi natanong sa Moses Aaron ang individual prices. Ang nakalagay lang kasi sa catalog na naibigay ni Mike sa akin ang yung package price lang e. But definitely, they can be bought separately. Suggestion ko? Buy the towers first, malaki ang difference sa performance. As with the centers and bookshelves, di gaanong malaki ang difference sa DTX 9.5.  ;D

Bro ganda nyan ah. lintek, dai-ichi ba yan?...galing ng porma. compare mo ang performance nya sa CT-813 bro ano masasabi mo?....CT-813 yun classic tower. intriga lang ako eh. :)

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #535 on: Jun 08, 2004 at 01:28 PM »
Para saan ba yung switch sa DTX 4.x subwoofers na 5.1 and stereo? I hear no difference between the two whenever I switch from 5.1 to stereo or vice versa.

Thanks.

Bro, if you're asking me, sensya na, di ko rin alam e. I don't have a DTX 4.x sub pa e. Sa ibang subs na nakita ko, they bring the crossover frequency range higher since music bass signals have higher frequencies than those of HT. Try mo kaya ibang source?  Or maybe, futile na sya since may cutoff adjustment na. ;D

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #536 on: Jun 08, 2004 at 01:37 PM »

Bro ganda nyan ah. lintek, dai-ichi ba yan?...galing ng porma. compare mo ang performance nya sa CT-813 bro ano masasabi mo?....CT-813 yun classic tower. intriga lang ako eh. :)

I couldn't be certain bro, ha? Kasi I never auditioned them side by side e. But, sa bass, medyo malakas din ang Euros, even stronger and cleaner than the CT813, I think. One point where the CT813 would be lacking when compared to the Euros is the clarity, the CT813 tends to have some details muffled out when it gets loud, maybe because it's not biwirable. The Euros have better detail even at loud volumes for both HT and Music. But that's just me.  ;D

Offline Yakuini

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #537 on: Jun 08, 2004 at 01:42 PM »
Gawin kong gradual yung upgrade ko. Bili ako ng euro 6 tower then gawin kong surround your DTX tower ko. hehehe

Offline Yakuini

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #538 on: Jun 08, 2004 at 01:44 PM »
BTW, ano difference ng Mylar and Soft Dome? Euro6 uses Soft Dome sa Tower while Mylar naman sa Center and Surround?

Offline cHiNo2728

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Addict
  • Its All In Your Ears
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Sakura 387 for Euros 6?
« Reply #539 on: Jun 08, 2004 at 05:35 PM »
Mga sirs, pwede ba ang Sakura 387 for Euros 6? Power handling kasi ng Euros 6 tower is 100w lang and Sakura has 250wx2 for fronts. Di kaya masunog and speaker? Mukha kasing alternative option ito from the DTX 9.5T. Kontinh help naman po. Thanks!  ???
LG SuperUHD SJ8500
Yamaha RXV 673
Raspberry Pi 2
Pana BDT310
Polk Audio Rti A7 & A6
Dual SVS PB100