Author Topic: Dai-ichi Speakers & sub  (Read 489974 times)

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dai-ichi Speakers & sub
« Reply #930 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 12:27 PM »
this is not a good news, i have yet to buy my center speaker. dvh would you know when they will  implement the new prices. thanks.

To help you decide sooner, I personally think the Euros 8 center is great, and the bookshelfs, too. What I like about it the most is the way it reproduces high frequencies. Clear but not exaggerated, hindi sya puro "ssssssssss". Now with regards to the "ngongo" issue that Sir DVH raised, yes, they have weaker bass and treble reproduction if compared with the Towers. The reason may be the fact that the center and bookshelf Euros 8 don't have a midrange driver and has smaller mid/bass drivers. They possibly may be using similar crossovers with the towers, center and bookshelf speakers instead of designing an entirely different crossover to reproduce the same timbre that the towers have to compensate for the fact that both center and bookshelf speakers are just two-way systems. But this is where the center equalizer of our Yamaha 650s come in handy. We can increase lower and higher frequencies and decrease mid frequencies so as not to sound "ngongo". Besides, based on my own personal taste, I don't really like a center that has too much bass. I'd like my system to sound natural. All in all, at least with regards to my personal taste, the Euros 8 system is great, I also couldn't really argue with Sir DVH since I wasn't really able to audition the PL100 series extensively. The real reason why I decided to get the entire Euros 8 system was to ensure timbre matching. It may seem the PL100 and the Euros are brothers with different characteristics. Or maybe, the towers were just too good for the center and bookshelfs. Just me.  ;D

Making the most of what I've got

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #931 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 12:34 PM »
Sir AV,
Happy New Year po! Just wanna ask if it seems practical to convert a non Biwirable speaker system into a Biwirable one by utilizing the original crossover but separating them by cuttting the circuit and attaching a new terminal to each? I plan to convert the Euros 8, which is non biwirable, to one which is. But since this is a 3-way speaker system, would it be better to make it "TRI-WIRABLE"? Making a separate terminal each for the high, the mid and the low. Hope you can indulge my brainstorm. Thanks.  ;D

That can be done. As long as you have the patience and the tools.  And you apparently know how.  Though I think that would invalidate your warranties on the speaker.  You plan to convert all your Euros?  The effort is fine but may not be commensurate to the benefits.  Bi-amplification would yield more perceptible benefits though.
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2005 at 12:41 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #932 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 12:37 PM »
floor stander ng daichi ilang watts and mag kano po

salamat  O0 O0

The DTX 9.5 Towers cost around 3,600. 140 Watts Max RMS. Freq. Resp.:65Hz~20KHz.  ;D

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #933 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 12:40 PM »
That can be done. As long as you have the patience and the tools.  And you apparently know how.  Though I think that would invalidate your warranties on the speaker. 

Thanks for validating my brainstorm sir. Enjoy ko muna sya in the meantime. Just wanted somebody I trust to say that it won't destroy my speakers, hehe. Someday, itu-tweak ko sya.  ;D

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #934 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 12:46 PM »
Thanks Sir DVH, I'm also waiting for my kumpare's reply regarding this inquiry. He's gonna be asking the agent daw.  ;)

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #935 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 02:42 PM »

Bro dvh,
Would you be so kind as to ask exactly when they are going to implement this bringing back of the prices, please? Thanks.  ;D

Sir Arthur, just got back from Daiichi Megamall and bought the Euros8 center. Nag panic ako sa kanilang price increase he he he. I asked them kailan talaga implement ang bago price and they told me most probably daw itong dadating na weekend.  ;)

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #936 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 02:49 PM »
To help you decide sooner, I personally think the Euros 8 center is great, and the bookshelfs, too. What I like about it the most is the way it reproduces high frequencies. Clear but not exaggerated, hindi sya puro "ssssssssss". Now with regards to the "ngongo" issue that Sir DVH raised, yes, they have weaker bass and treble reproduction if compared with the Towers. The reason may be the fact that the center and bookshelf Euros 8 don't have a midrange driver and has smaller mid/bass drivers. They possibly may be using similar crossovers with the towers, center and bookshelf speakers instead of designing an entirely different crossover to reproduce the same timbre that the towers have to compensate for the fact that both center and bookshelf speakers are just two-way systems. But this is where the center equalizer of our Yamaha 650s come in handy. We can increase lower and higher frequencies and decrease mid frequencies so as not to sound "ngongo". Besides, based on my own personal taste, I don't really like a center that has too much bass. I'd like my system to sound natural. All in all, at least with regards to my personal taste, the Euros 8 system is great, I also couldn't really argue with Sir DVH since I wasn't really able to audition the PL100 series extensively. The real reason why I decided to get the entire Euros 8 system was to ensure timbre matching. It may seem the PL100 and the Euros are brothers with different characteristics. Or maybe, the towers were just too good for the center and bookshelfs. Just me.  ;D

i auditioned both the Euros8 and PL 100 center speaker kanina at Megamall, personally mas nagustohan ko din yung sound ng Euros8 so i decided to get one before they increase the price.  Last pair na yung nakuha ko na stock nila, they are not sure kung yung dadating will also be sold at 1,650.  ;)

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #937 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 02:55 PM »
My kumpare just texted me and said, according to the agent, hanggang last week of January na lang daw ang present prices ng Euros. AAAAAAARRRRGGHH!!!! Kelangang makahanap na ng 5,300 so I can get 2 pairs of Euros 8 Bookshelfs before the prices increase.  :'( :'( :P ???

TO EVERYBODY CONCERNED:

HANGGANG LAST WEEK OF JANUARY NA LANG ANG MALILIGAYANG ARAW NATIN. HU HU HU. :( >:( ???

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #938 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 03:00 PM »
i auditioned both the Euros8 and PL 100 center speaker kanina at Megamall, personally mas nagustohan ko din yung sound ng Euros8 so i decided to get one before they increase the price.  Last pair na yung nakuha ko na stock nila, they are not sure kung yung dadating will also be sold at 1,650.  ;)

That's great bro. Besides, I also personally like the way the Euros look more than the PL. And think about matching. Now, I think we also have the same dilemma, di ba you also have the Yamaha 650? Paano na ang surrounds at presence pag di tayo umabot??? hu hu hu. I still have to get 2 more pairs. Gotta find some money, about 5K, hehehe.  ;D

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #939 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 03:01 PM »
My kumpare just texted me and said, according to the agent, hanggang last week of January na lang daw ang present prices ng Euros. AAAAAAARRRRGGHH!!!! Kelangang makahanap na ng 5,300 so I can get 2 pairs of Euros 8 Bookshelfs before the prices increase.  :'( :'( :P ???

TO EVERYBODY CONCERNED:

HANGGANG LAST WEEK OF JANUARY NA LANG ANG MALILIGAYANG ARAW NATIN. HU HU HU. :( >:( ???

sad news talaga ito sir art, sana naman they will reconsider, pero law of supply and demand kaya siguro they decided to increase price. para tuloy na paisip na din akong kumuha ng Euros8 bookshelfs kahit stock ko lang muna  :)

Offline dvh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #940 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 03:41 PM »
use your credit card  ;D!

5k is not that much!  konting lambing lang yan kay kumander!

regards,
dvh

Offline moks

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #941 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 04:37 PM »
ano yung counterpart ng dtx 9.5b (bookshelf speakers)? kse wala na akong mahanap na dtx bookshelfs sa raon...i need one lang para sa rear center ko para ma kumpleto na yung 6.1 na set-up ko.

Offline dvh

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #942 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 05:30 PM »
ano yung counterpart ng dtx 9.5b (bookshelf speakers)? kse wala na akong mahanap na dtx bookshelfs sa raon...i need one lang para sa rear center ko para ma kumpleto na yung 6.1 na set-up ko.

try asking for pl100, euros6 and euros8...

regards,
dvh

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #943 on: Jan 06, 2005 at 12:02 PM »
Bro dvh,
Payag na daw si kumander. As long as lahat daw ng sweldo ko ibibigay ko sa kanya for two months (I only give kasi yung para sa bahay at para sa account namin e, hehe). This time daw, I should give the rest of my salary to her and sya na ang bibili ng dalawang pares, pati daw ang kinikita ko sa mga tugtog ko, dapat ibigay ko rin daw. Haaaay... The things we do for love... Love of Home Theater that is.... He he he he. Kawawa ako nito for 2 months. :'( :'( :'(  ;D  ;D.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #944 on: Jan 06, 2005 at 12:08 PM »

If you like the idea of using a center speaker for your 6th channel, then why not get a 9.5 center? I don't think you can buy just one piece for the 9.5 Bookshelf unless you get somebody who also needs only one to buy it with you.  ;D

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #945 on: Jan 06, 2005 at 12:33 PM »
Does anybody here own a pair of Euros 6 Bookshelf speakers? Can you differentiate the Euros 6 from the Euros 8? Thanks in advance.  ;D

Offline dvh

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #946 on: Jan 06, 2005 at 01:06 PM »
Bro dvh,
Payag na daw si kumander. As long as lahat daw ng sweldo ko ibibigay ko sa kanya for two months (I only give kasi yung para sa bahay at para sa account namin e, hehe). This time daw, I should give the rest of my salary to her and sya na ang bibili ng dalawang pares, pati daw ang kinikita ko sa mga tugtog ko, dapat ibigay ko rin daw. Haaaay... The things we do for love... Love of Home Theater that is.... He he he he. Kawawa ako nito for 2 months. :'( :'( :'(  ;D  ;D.

sabi sa yo e konting lambing lang yan...ako nga e nung ginamit ko yung card ko sa dtx 4.12 e lambing at treat kay esmi kumain sa labas para pumayag... ;D

dvh.

Offline dvh

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #947 on: Jan 06, 2005 at 01:12 PM »

bro

6.1 din ang avr ko pero ang ginawa ko is yung 1pair of pl100 of as my surround back parallel-connected so ang labas e parang 7.1 na rin.

so ang setup ko ganto:

euros8 flrstnder             AVR 6.1             euros8 florstnder

euros8 surround    viewing position    euros8 surround

pl100 sur back   pl 100 sur back

but later on i will try to interchange euros8 and pl100 as my surround and surround back tingnan ko ang effect.

regards,
dvh

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #948 on: Jan 06, 2005 at 01:24 PM »
sabi sa yo e konting lambing lang yan...ako nga e nung ginamit ko yung card ko sa dtx 4.12 e lambing at treat kay esmi kumain sa labas para pumayag... ;D

dvh.

Ha ha ha... You devil you.....  ;D

Offline veige13

• Apprentice
  • somebody..stop me!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #949 on: Jan 06, 2005 at 01:32 PM »
To help you decide sooner, I personally think the Euros 8 center is great, and the bookshelfs, too. What I like about it the most is the way it reproduces high frequencies. Clear but not exaggerated, hindi sya puro "ssssssssss". Now with regards to the "ngongo" issue that Sir DVH raised, yes, they have weaker bass and treble reproduction if compared with the Towers. The reason may be the fact that the center and bookshelf Euros 8 don't have a midrange driver and has smaller mid/bass drivers. They possibly may be using similar crossovers with the towers, center and bookshelf speakers instead of designing an entirely different crossover to reproduce the same timbre that the towers have to compensate for the fact that both center and bookshelf speakers are just two-way systems. But this is where the center equalizer of our Yamaha 650s come in handy. We can increase lower and higher frequencies and decrease mid frequencies so as not to sound "ngongo". Besides, based on my own personal taste, I don't really like a center that has too much bass. I'd like my system to sound natural. All in all, at least with regards to my personal taste, the Euros 8 system is great, I also couldn't really argue with Sir DVH since I wasn't really able to audition the PL100 series extensively. The real reason why I decided to get the entire Euros 8 system was to ensure timbre matching. It may seem the PL100 and the Euros are brothers with different characteristics. Or maybe, the towers were just too good for the center and bookshelfs. Just me. ;D

Sir Arthur, just got back from Daiichi Megamall and bought the Euros8 center. Nag panic ako sa kanilang price increase he he he. I asked them kailan talaga implement ang bago price and they told me most probably daw itong dadating na weekend. ;)

uyy..me mapapagtanungan na ako with the same combination as mine sa katauhan nina boss arthurallanj & vtec3...congaratulations sa inyong dalawa sir!!medyo OT but, o.k lang ba gumamit ng ga16 for the center and bookshelf??and ga14 for the towers??thanks for the help in advance...

Offline dvh

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #950 on: Jan 06, 2005 at 02:20 PM »

ay mali nalimutan kong ilagay ang center!

so ang setup ko ganto:

euros8 flrstnder             pl100 center             euros8 florstnder

euros8 surround       viewing position    euros8 surround

pl100 sur back   pl 100 sur back

regards,
dvh

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #951 on: Jan 06, 2005 at 04:08 PM »
dvh,

yung sub mo do you place it very near your flrstndr or directly below your center speaker?  ;)

Offline dvh

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #952 on: Jan 06, 2005 at 10:47 PM »
dvh,

yung sub mo do you place it very near your flrstndr or directly below your center speaker?  ;)

yung sub ko katabi ng flrstander ko.  ganto ang setup...

DTX 4.12       euros8 flrstander              pl100 center                euros8 flrstander

euros8 surround        listening/viewing position     euros8 surround

pl100 surr back     pl100 surr back

dvh

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #953 on: Jan 07, 2005 at 09:18 AM »
will there be a difference kaya in performance kung yung sub is positioned just under the center speakers? ganun kasi ngayon yung sa akin and have not tried putting it sa tabi ng floorstander because din sa limitation ng space. thanks.  ;D

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #954 on: Jan 07, 2005 at 09:25 AM »
That's great bro. Besides, I also personally like the way the Euros look more than the PL. And think about matching. Now, I think we also have the same dilemma, di ba you also have the Yamaha 650? Paano na ang surrounds at presence pag di tayo umabot??? hu hu hu. I still have to get 2 more pairs. Gotta find some money, about 5K, hehehe.  ;D

sir art yung amps ko is Yamaha HTR 5240.  sa US  nabili ito during Thanksgiving Sale kaya mura ko lang nakuha  :D. Although I am seriously contemplating na bumili ng Euros8 surrounds at itabi lang muna habang mura pa.  I would also most likely upgrade my amps hopefully soon.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #955 on: Jan 07, 2005 at 10:44 AM »
will there be a difference kaya in performance kung yung sub is positioned just under the center speakers? ganun kasi ngayon yung sa akin and have not tried putting it sa tabi ng floorstander because din sa limitation ng space. thanks.  ;D

Yes. Subwoofers move around a lot of air and that being the case, they need to breathe. I'm quite certain your sub is now contained in a rack that constraints it. What may be happening right now is your rack panels and other equiptment near the sub are reverberating so much that your bass doesn't sound clean anymore. HIH.  ;D

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #956 on: Jan 07, 2005 at 10:48 AM »
sir art yung amps ko is Yamaha HTR 5240.  sa US  nabili ito during Thanksgiving Sale kaya mura ko lang nakuha  :D. Although I am seriously contemplating na bumili ng Euros8 surrounds at itabi lang muna habang mura pa.  I would also most likely upgrade my amps hopefully soon.

Hey, you've already got a good amp, as long as it makes you happy, upgrading shouldn't be an issue in the 'very soon' category.  ;D

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #957 on: Jan 07, 2005 at 02:17 PM »
Yes. Subwoofers move around a lot of air and that being the case, they need to breathe. I'm quite certain your sub is now contained in a rack that constraints it. What may be happening right now is your rack panels and other equiptment near the sub are reverberating so much that your bass doesn't sound clean anymore. HIH.  ;D

will try to re-arrange yung placement nung sub ko over the weekend para would really gauge yung performance ng Euros.  Thanks very much.  :)

Offline dvh

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #958 on: Jan 10, 2005 at 01:58 PM »
i was able to setup my new euros8/pl100 speakers a week ago, and i listen to it on the average of 6 hours a day.  1.5 - 2 hours in the morning (good thing that i usually left the house around 10am to go to work!) and around 3.5 - 4 hours in the evening (starting around 10:30pm onwards).  and last weekend i was able to do a marathon listening starting around 7am - 12 midnight (both sat and sun)! walang patayan.  from watching DVDs, listening to audio CDs, FM stereo, connecting it to my laptop and/or desktop and listening to my very huge collection of MP3 (downloaded from MIRC channels!) and also using it as my speakers when playing "Need for Speed Underground 2" from my laptop/desktop.  Very superb sounding speakers, kala mo daming nagdadaan racing cars sa harap mo!  super satisfied ako sa sound and setup considering di pa fully break-in yung speakers!  yung DTX 4.12 grabe sa dagundong parang may nagbabarilan sa baranggay namin nung nanood ako ng saving private ryan lupit talaga!  ma kumatok sa amin tapos tinanong kung ano nangyayari sabi ko im testing my new HT setup so ayun yung katabi kong bahay sa left and right nakipanood na tapos request ako sagot nila beers at pulutan.  SOLVE!  buti na lang di ako sumama kay kumander sa kasal ng barkada nya nung saturday hehehe.

regards,
dvh

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #959 on: Jan 10, 2005 at 02:16 PM »
Here's another story. We've been residing in our house since August 2004, ever since naglipat kami, nakakabit na ang home theater. Ours is a duplex unit, so we share a wall with the neighbor. Never got any complaint from them. But the first time they came knocking at my door to complain was nung ikinabit ko for the first time ang Euros. Hhhhhmmmm.  ??? ::). Must be good.  ;D ;D