Author Topic: Dai-ichi Speakers & sub  (Read 490262 times)

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: Dai-ichi Speakers & sub
« Reply #990 on: Jan 20, 2005 at 09:17 AM »
thank you very much sir av_phile1 for the reply.  :)

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #991 on: Jan 20, 2005 at 10:37 AM »
will there be a significant difference sa performance kung yung Euros center speakers eh naka lagay sa floor  ???  kasi dahil sa bigat nito i think baka di ito kayanin ng RPTV ko. thanks very much ;)

Di naman sya gaano kabigat bro a, I tried placing it on top of my tv, okay naman sya. Try mo lang kaya bro kasi the center speaker is meant to be placed close to the screen either directly on top or directly below. And even if you do find a way to make it fire at the listening position you are in, what about everybody else watching? Just a suggestion.  ;D
Making the most of what I've got

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #992 on: Jan 20, 2005 at 10:45 AM »
the "top width" din kasi of the RPTV is mga 4" m thinking of putting double adhesive tape para di gumalaw since masmalapad yung width ng Euros center, will try later, mamaya din lang kasi ito ideliver (got the 43" inch na lang).  :D thanks very much for the inputs.
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2005 at 10:49 AM by vtec3 »

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #993 on: Jan 20, 2005 at 11:09 AM »
Maybe you can attach some sort of legs or support for the rear end of your center speaker on top of your RPTV?  ;D Besides, the front end of the center speaker is the heavier side so I'm sure di naman sya mahuhulog.
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2005 at 11:11 AM by arthurallanj »

Offline juneaki

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #994 on: Jan 20, 2005 at 01:20 PM »
the "top width" din kasi of the RPTV is mga 4" m thinking of putting double adhesive tape para di gumalaw since masmalapad yung width ng Euros center, will try later, mamaya din lang kasi ito ideliver (got the 43" inch na lang).  :D thanks very much for the inputs.

Bro, you can also try to use the speaker of your RPTV as your center channel. Kung may center pre-out yung receiver mo, you can hook it to the audio input of your TV at baka mas maganda pang tumunog ito compared to Euros center.

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #995 on: Jan 20, 2005 at 01:53 PM »
Bro, you can also try to use the speaker of your RPTV as your center channel. Kung may center pre-out yung receiver mo, you can hook it to the audio input of your TV at baka mas maganda pang tumunog ito compared to Euros center.

when you say center pre-out eto din ba yung center  speaker out ng receiver. salamat sa inputs.  ;)

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #996 on: Jan 20, 2005 at 02:18 PM »
when you say center pre-out eto din ba yung center  speaker out ng receiver. salamat sa inputs.  ;)

Nope. When you say pre-out, it means line level output, requiring amplification in order for it to be audible. The speaket out of the amp is a speaker level output, already amplified, so if you connect thet speaker out to line input of your RPTV, there's a big probability na masusunog sya. Check the back of your receiver if it has pre outs at the back, kung meron, then pwede, kung wala, then sorry. You can also use the center out of the dvd player if it has a 5.1 decoder. But if wala din, then sorry again. If these are the cases, then no choice but to find a way to place the center speaker on top of the RPTV. Besides, sayang naman if you don't get to use it. And although I'm not contesting Bro Juneaki's theory that it might sound better, I highly doubt that the built in speakers on your RPTV is better than your center speaker.  ;D

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #997 on: Jan 20, 2005 at 02:38 PM »
Nope. When you say pre-out, it means line level output, requiring amplification in order for it to be audible. The speaket out of the amp is a speaker level output, already amplified, so if you connect thet speaker out to line input of your RPTV, there's a big probability na masusunog sya. Check the back of your receiver if it has pre outs at the back, kung meron, then pwede, kung wala, then sorry. You can also use the center out of the dvd player if it has a 5.1 decoder. But if wala din, then sorry again. If these are the cases, then no choice but to find a way to place the center speaker on top of the RPTV. Besides, sayang naman if you don't get to use it. And although I'm not contesting Bro Juneaki's theory that it might sound better, I highly doubt that the built in speakers on your RPTV is better than your center speaker.  ;D

thank you very much sir art for always answering my querry.  will stick with the all Euros set-up na lang and find a way na lang na maipatong yung center sa ibabaw ng TV. thanks again :).

Offline juneaki

• DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
« Reply #998 on: Jan 20, 2005 at 02:46 PM »
Bro Art,  kindly advise me. My AVR is Onkyo TX-SR 501 (courtesy of one of our members here) and am currently using Wharfedale Modus 3 (100 watts, 8 ohms) as fronts and Wharfedale Valdus center and surrounds set (100 watts each, 4-8 ohms). My problem is, when using all channel stereo mode in music/audio listening, pakiramdam ko ay mas malakas ang surrounds kesa sa fronts. Ang theory ko ay hirap ang AVR na patunogin ang modus 3 kasi 8 ohms ito while the normal impedance required of the AVR sa speaker ay 6 ohms. Do i need to replace my fronts? Kaya kaya ng AVR ko ang Euros 8 na tower?

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #999 on: Jan 20, 2005 at 02:59 PM »
Try adjusting the AVR's output levels of your fronts and rears independently.  See my posts to your querry in the amplifier section. 

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1000 on: Jan 20, 2005 at 03:03 PM »
Bro Art,  kindly advise me. My AVR is Onkyo TX-SR 501 (courtesy of one of our members here) and am currently using Wharfedale Modus 3 (100 watts, 8 ohms) as fronts and Wharfedale Valdus center and surrounds set (100 watts each, 4-8 ohms). My problem is, when using all channel stereo mode in music/audio listening, pakiramdam ko ay mas malakas ang surrounds kesa sa fronts. Ang theory ko ay hirap ang AVR na patunogin ang modus 3 kasi 8 ohms ito while the normal impedance required of the AVR sa speaker ay 6 ohms. Do i need to replace my fronts? Kaya kaya ng AVR ko ang Euros 8 na tower?

I think the thing that you need to check on is the sensitivity of the speakers. This is my major turn off with wharfedale speakers, the sensitivity. Easy to drive speakers are normally rated at 91-89dB, and a difference of about 3dB is gonna require twice the power to amplify it at the same volume level. So if those speakers are rated at 86dB, there's your problem.
If your amp has a lower impedance than your speaker, all the better. A 6 ohm amp can drive an 8 ohm speaker better than the other way around. Think of it this way, parang tubo lang ng tubig at gripo yan e, ang amp mo ang tubo and ang speaker mo ang gripo. Kung mas malaki ang tubo at kinabitan mo ng maliit na gripo, mas malakas ang daloy ng tubig, di ba? But if maliit ang tubo at malaki ang gripo, dadaloy pa rin ang tubig pero di singlakas. So I don't think the amp and speaker impedance is your problem. Now, I can tell you that the Euros 8 are rated with an 89dB sensitivity so they are pretty easy to drive.
So check the sensitivites of your fronts and surrounds, I'm thinking, the fronts might have a lower sensitivity than the surrounds.

Offline Chito C.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #1001 on: Jan 20, 2005 at 03:05 PM »
I think it's easier to drive 8 ohms speakers than 6ohms. Maybe when u use the all channel stereo mode the surrounds are set at a higher volume than the fronts. I for one set the surrounds at a higher volume during ht listening but only use stereo (2 front channels) for my audio listening thereby turning off my surrounds. It's probably on the set up of ur onkyo.

Offline juneaki

• DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
« Reply #1002 on: Jan 20, 2005 at 03:28 PM »
I think the thing that you need to check on is the sensitivity of the speakers. This is my major turn off with wharfedale speakers, the sensitivity. Easy to drive speakers are normally rated at 91-89dB, and a difference of about 3dB is gonna require twice the power to amplify it at the same volume level. So if those speakers are rated at 86dB, there's your problem.
If your amp has a lower impedance than your speaker, all the better. A 6 ohm amp can drive an 8 ohm speaker better than the other way around. Think of it this way, parang tubo lang ng tubig at gripo yan e, ang amp mo ang tubo and ang speaker mo ang gripo. Kung mas malaki ang tubo at kinabitan mo ng maliit na gripo, mas malakas ang daloy ng tubig, di ba? But if maliit ang tubo at malaki ang gripo, dadaloy pa rin ang tubig pero di singlakas. So I don't think the amp and speaker impedance is your problem. Now, I can tell you that the Euros 8 are rated with an 89dB sensitivity so they are pretty easy to drive.
So check the sensitivites of your fronts and surrounds, I'm thinking, the fronts might have a lower sensitivity than the surrounds.

The valdus speakers have sensitivity of 88db, for the modus, i still have to check. BTW, my AVR has an option to independently adjust the volume of each channels. Sir av_phile suggest to just increase the volume of the fronts in relation to the surrounds. I think i'll try it and if it function, then i save a lot of bucks. Thanks sir Art.
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2005 at 08:45 AM by juneaki »

Offline ultraman

• Collector
  • mama mia!!! mama mia!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1003 on: Jan 20, 2005 at 08:48 PM »
Hi room!!! ehehe.. ala pala ko sa chatroom hehe.. Mga pards musta na? Tanong lang... how much ang mga euros speakers? mukhang andaming nagsasabing maganda to. gusto ko na din magpalit ng speakers eh. gusto ko kasi dai ichi din parang dati. un lang.. tnx O0

Offline jacorb88

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1004 on: Jan 21, 2005 at 09:15 AM »
how much ang euros fronts (pair)? thanks.

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1005 on: Jan 21, 2005 at 09:36 AM »
for those that are asking how much the Euros8 are now.  (Daiichi Megamall)

Old Price                                   New Price                         % Increase

Tower        : 5,560.00               Tower         :  10,630                     91.19
 Bookshelf   : 2,860.00               Bookshelf   :    4,040                     41.25
 Center    :  1,650.00                 Center        :    2,340                     41.82

try ninyo din sa Moses Aaron sa Raon, i think they can give it to you at the old price.  ;)

Offline ultraman

• Collector
  • mama mia!!! mama mia!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1006 on: Jan 21, 2005 at 09:44 AM »
makapunta nga sa megamol maya. :) Di ba Dai ichi products at Raon is  much cheaper than sa mega? Or just the same?

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1007 on: Jan 21, 2005 at 09:47 AM »
makapunta nga sa megamol maya. :) Di ba Dai ichi products at Raon is  much cheaper than sa mega? Or just the same?

Most every electronic stuff is cheaper in Raon than elsewhere.

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1008 on: Jan 21, 2005 at 09:54 AM »
Don't worry bro, kumpare ko at Moses Aaron confirmed from a Daiichi agent that until the last week of January pa. After that, balik na sa dati. Oh and aah, Moses Aaron has got the lowest base prices as far as I know, and they can give you an extra 5% discount, just in case you wanna know.  ;D

Already purchased two more pairs of Euros 8 bookshelf speakers last friday. Expecting it to arrive this week. Natakot kasing maabutan ng pagtaas ng presyo. Nag-panic. He he he. ;D

I agree kay Sir AV. Above is a quote from Sir Art, yung isa dun sa Moses Aaron eh kumpare niya. Sabi nga niya they can give you pa a 5% discount.  :)

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1009 on: Jan 21, 2005 at 09:56 AM »
Although yung set ko ng Euros eh sa Mega ko binili for the reason na wala ako makaka tulong magbuhat kung sa Raon ako bibili and mahirap ang parking.  Bro if you intend to buy a set bring somebody along to help you carry the speakers and bring an SUV/AUV.  ;)

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1010 on: Jan 21, 2005 at 10:42 AM »
Yup. Convenient hassle-free shopping is what those malls are about.  So you pay a premium over the same things you can get at Divisoria, Raon, Quiapo, Carriedo, Baclaran, etc.   ;D  After sales service, maybe.
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2005 at 10:44 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1011 on: Jan 21, 2005 at 10:53 AM »
Daiichi's reason why mas mahal sila is protection of their dealers, they look at their dealers as their help in distributing their products. But this is one of those very rare times na nagkalapit ang prices ng Daiichi at ng dealers, but still mas mura pa rin sa Raon. But sad to say those days are almost over.  And yes, as Sir AV said , you pay a premium for convenience. Consider airconditioning, location, etc. Everything that makes malls a nice place to go to. :)

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1012 on: Jan 21, 2005 at 11:16 AM »
The valdus speakers have sensitivity of 88db, for the modus, i still have to check. BTW, my AVR has an option to independently adjust the volume of each channels. Sir av_phile suggest to just increase the volume of the fronts in relation to the surrounds. I think i'll try it and if it function, then i save a lot of bucks. Thanks sir Art.

Bro, I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I'm suggesting you change your speakers, he he ;D, I'm not. I just gave one possibility as to why you have that problem. But yes, Sir Av's suggestion is sure to work. It just seems like an inconvenience to some, you know, different settings for different modes. But that is definitely the easiest solution. Ingat.  ;)

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1013 on: Jan 21, 2005 at 08:10 PM »
Dai Ichi rin ang US Audio diba?

Totoo ba yung so called lifetime service warranty nila? How do you avail of it? Receipt required? Thanks.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1014 on: Jan 22, 2005 at 10:15 AM »
Dai Ichi rin ang US Audio diba?

Totoo ba yung so called lifetime service warranty nila? How do you avail of it? Receipt required? Thanks.

Yes, US Audio products are made by Daiichi so they have the lifetime service warranty. Just bring your unit to Daiichi Raon and that's it. They don't even ask for a receipt. Ganun kadali.  ;D

Offline dvh

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1015 on: Jan 22, 2005 at 12:37 PM »
Yes, US Audio products are made by Daiichi so they have the lifetime service warranty. Just bring your unit to Daiichi Raon and that's it. They don't even ask for a receipt. Ganun kadali.  ;D

sa raon lang ba ang service center ng daiichi?  di ba pwede sa megamall?

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1016 on: Jan 22, 2005 at 01:03 PM »

Yup, andun ang shop nila e, wla sa Megamall.  ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1017 on: Jan 23, 2005 at 12:05 AM »

Pwede bro, I had my DTX tower serviced at Megamall a few days ago, no receipt needed. Yun nga lang 10 working days to repair. Kirat ang HT ko ngayon  :) so I hold back muna sa noisy action movies until the DTX gets repaired.

« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2005 at 11:20 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1018 on: Jan 23, 2005 at 08:46 AM »
I also saw the DTX 4.15 there for the first time. MAN, they are huge! But they are for repair as well. They dont sell DTX 4.15 na raw.

They also dont sell DTX centers anymore in Megamall, anyone know if they are still selling it in Raon?

Offline Yakuini

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1019 on: Jan 23, 2005 at 09:46 AM »
Sa 27th pa ako makakaluwas to buy Euro8 center...sana di pa ako abutin ng price increase :(

By the way, I like the sounds of the Euro8 center than my DTX center. Even my wife noticed a big difference with their sounds. DTX is kinda sharp side while the Euros8 center is well balanced - matinis na medyo mag pagkabilog, probably because its a ported design while DTX is sealed.