Author Topic: Dai-ichi Speakers & sub  (Read 490511 times)

Offline p.dividdy2

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Galit Na Si Manoy!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dai-ichi Speakers & sub
« Reply #1080 on: Jan 31, 2005 at 11:48 PM »
hirap talaga kapag nakarinig ka ng ibang mga brand na speakers, magkakaroon ka ng point of comparison. mga dai-ichi speakers kse for beginners sa ht ok lang pero once na nakarinig ka ng more expensive na brands of speakers duon mo ma discern yung sinasabi ng ibang mga audiophiles na nag di-disappear sa room yung sound, with grace and finesse and so forth...etc. dai-ichi's kse medyo walang finesse, puro power lang.

my sentiments exactly...   if you own dai-ichi made speakers dont listen to branded speakers kundi diretso check-in sa SARS ward ng pinoydvd! sa kaso mong nahawa kaagad ibang sakit yan..sa meninggo ward yan..ehehehe
PinoyBazaar - Shop Easy!
http://pinoybazaar.forumotion.com

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #1081 on: Feb 01, 2005 at 06:57 AM »

my sentiments exactly...   if you own dai-ichi made speakers dont listen to branded speakers kundi diretso check-in sa SARS ward ng pinoydvd! sa kaso mong nahawa kaagad ibang sakit yan..sa meninggo ward yan..ehehehe

Sir may i just make a lil qualification --  ;D "if you own dai-ichi made speakers dont listen to branded speakers, while you have money in your hands , kundi diretso check-in sa SARS ward ng pinoydvd!"
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2005 at 06:58 AM by jerix »
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1082 on: Feb 01, 2005 at 07:46 AM »
Sir may i just make a lil qualification --  ;D "if you own dai-ichi made speakers dont listen to branded speakers, while you have money in your hands , kundi diretso check-in sa SARS ward ng pinoydvd!"

my version:

"if you own dai-ichi made speakers and more into music than ht, dont listen to better branded speakers, while you have money in your hands, kundi diretso check-in sa SARS ward ng pinoydvd!"
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2005 at 07:50 AM by bumblebee »

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1083 on: Feb 01, 2005 at 10:36 AM »
Kaya nga ayaw ko na uli marinig yung ibang expensive audiophile speakers e, sumasama lang loob ko. I just made my self be contented with what I have and what I can afford. :'( ;D
Making the most of what I've got

Offline Chito C.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #1084 on: Feb 01, 2005 at 03:14 PM »
mas ayos ba naka spikes yung euros8? d ko pa linalagay eh.

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #1085 on: Feb 01, 2005 at 03:52 PM »
i have several locally made speakers -- but what the heck! theyre the best for their price --  ;)
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Think HARDER - HOLLOW Heads! No FO0Ls Please!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1086 on: Feb 01, 2005 at 06:42 PM »
my version:

"if you own dai-ichi made speakers and more into music than ht, dont listen to better branded speakers, while you have money in your hands, kundi diretso check-in sa SARS ward ng pinoydvd!"

my version:

"if you own dai-ichi made speakers and more into music than ht, LISTEN to better branded speakers, from surplus areas while you have money in your hands, IDIRETSO check-in sa SARS ward ng pinoydvd ang dai-ichi and save money in the process and at the same time enjoy a better sound too!"

Being in the Philippines, going the expensive branded speakers of the boutique, is not always OR is not the ONLY way to attain good sounding systems - if you will just open your ears (and is patient holding on to your money)!  ;D

Anti PDVD Malware (STUP1Ds & F0OLs)

Offline p.dividdy2

• Collector
  • Galit Na Si Manoy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1087 on: Feb 01, 2005 at 09:25 PM »
alam ko na ata ang feeling ni Hesus nung sinusulat ang gospel...ahahaha
PinoyBazaar - Shop Easy!
http://pinoybazaar.forumotion.com

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1088 on: Feb 02, 2005 at 11:04 AM »
i have several locally made speakers -- but what the heck! theyre the best for their price --  ;)

You know what speakers ang talagang inaambisyon ko dati? Martin Logan. Kahit yung Prodigy na lang (Ni-lang ba naman ang Prodigy). Kaya lang sa status namin sa buhay, talagang panaginip na lang sya. Kung sa babae pa, natutunan ko na lang mahalin ang Daiichi, kahit na di sya perfect. He he.  ;D

Offline Chito C.

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1089 on: Feb 18, 2005 at 04:31 PM »
Didn't know what happened? Bought a set of of lotr rotk extended edition dvd's (p#@*ted) and watched it for two straight nights. Grabe tunog! Ang ganda! Sisiw gb3 at kahit anong thx na sinehan. Pati wharfs wh2 surrounds ko lumabas yung tunog. With my euros8 as fronts I could hear things that I didn't hear in my previous set-up (bose cubed fronts). Probably the rotk discs but I'm gonna watch my other LOTR extended dvd's just to make sure.  Ganda talaga ng tunog.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1090 on: Feb 19, 2005 at 08:49 AM »
Didn't know what happened? Bought a set of of lotr rotk extended edition dvd's (p#@*ted) and watched it for two straight nights. Grabe tunog! Ang ganda! Sisiw gb3 at kahit anong thx na sinehan. Pati wharfs wh2 surrounds ko lumabas yung tunog. With my euros8 as fronts I could hear things that I didn't hear in my previous set-up (bose cubed fronts). Probably the rotk discs but I'm gonna watch my other LOTR extended dvd's just to make sure.  Ganda talaga ng tunog.

Often times it's the source. I have DVD's that are great and others that are just okay. Want a DVD that has great surround effects? Try getting the "Darkness Falls" DVD, I'm sure you'll be surprised with the surround effects. And yes, we both feel the same way about the towers. Just great, and to think I got it for just 5.1K.  ;D

Offline Chito C.

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1091 on: Feb 21, 2005 at 10:50 AM »
It ain't the dvd. Probably got used to the bose speakers. Now I'm enjoying my system. Who starred in darkness falls?

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1092 on: Feb 21, 2005 at 12:01 PM »
It ain't the dvd. Probably got used to the bose speakers. Now I'm enjoying my system. Who starred in darkness falls?

So you mean you played those dvds before when you still had the bose speakers? Well, if that's the case, probably. Besides, the Euros are a 3-way, 4-speaker system and may be better designed. I forgot who starred in Darkness Falls, di naman sila gaanong kilala. It's just a DVD that can give your rear speakers a good workout.  ;D

Offline Jagner

• Collector
  • Listen...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #1093 on: Feb 21, 2005 at 06:47 PM »
hirap talaga kapag nakarinig ka ng ibang mga brand na speakers, magkakaroon ka ng point of comparison. mga dai-ichi speakers kse for beginners sa ht ok lang pero once na nakarinig ka ng more expensive na brands of speakers duon mo ma discern yung sinasabi ng ibang mga audiophiles na nag di-disappear sa room yung sound, with grace and finesse and so forth...etc. dai-ichi's kse medyo walang finesse, puro power lang.

I disagree.  When you listen to expensive speakers notice that the room is properly treated.  That's the secret of good sound, as audiophiles would say - "the speakers dissapear" - the room reacts positively with the sound in a way that the sound envelopes the listener,  making the speakers disappear and making the sound pleasant to the ears.  Try placing a dai-ichi speaker inside the treated room and you'll be surprised on how the sound from these speakers improve.  BTW,  even megabuck speakers will sound awful when placed inside a improperly treated room

Proper room treatment and proper speaker positioning is the key to good and pleasurable listening

Just my opinion.  Cheers.

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1094 on: Feb 21, 2005 at 07:36 PM »
Aside from room treatment, just to add...speakers that cost 2x,3x or even 5x does not commensurate to equivalent improvement.

Offline Chito C.

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1095 on: Feb 22, 2005 at 09:40 AM »
Even my wife could clearly hear the difference between my previous set-up and the euros. The first week I used it sabi ko parang walang difference at malakas lang yung bass yun pala break in lang ang kailangan. I wonder what will this sound after 3 months. I've been comparing the sound weekly using my david benoit cd's and I swear every week it keeps on getting better. Can't wait for my next project, a separate audio set-up (digital amp, sacd/dvd audio player and mid-priced speakers). Tagal pa 13th month.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1096 on: Feb 22, 2005 at 09:57 AM »
Aside from room treatment, just to add...speakers that cost 2x,3x or even 5x does not commensurate to equivalent improvement.

I agree with both you, bro, and sir Jagner. The basis of any speaker should be the price to performance ratio. Of course those speakers that cost about 5x more SHOULD sound better, heck, they burn your pocket, your wallet and even your credit card. But considering how inexpensive speakers like the Euros and the Diamonds sound, I'm sure you'd say your money was well spent. Heck, I'd sure love to get a pair of Martin-Logan's Prodigy or Monitor Audio's Gold series towers, but at 190 thousand? I highly doubt that the difference in performance is directly proportional to the price difference. Can anyone say that twice the difference in performance is worth the price difference that's 10 times more? I respect anybody who swears by and loves their expensive speakers, hey, I'd sure love to have speakers like yours, but if this is all one can afford, isn't it a nice thought that you get better value for your money? Just me.  ;D

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1097 on: Feb 22, 2005 at 10:05 AM »
Even my wife could clearly hear the difference between my previous set-up and the euros. The first week I used it sabi ko parang walang difference at malakas lang yung bass yun pala break in lang ang kailangan. I wonder what will this sound after 3 months. I've been comparing the sound weekly using my david benoit cd's and I swear every week it keeps on getting better. Can't wait for my next project, a separate audio set-up (digital amp, sacd/dvd audio player and mid-priced speakers). Tagal pa 13th month.

Similar results we have bro, the entire family can't tell if the sub is on or not. I'm glad I was able to buy the Euros at a bargain price.  ;D

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #1098 on: Feb 22, 2005 at 12:01 PM »
I agree with both you, bro, and sir Jagner. The basis of any speaker should be the price to performance ratio. Of course those speakers that cost about 5x more SHOULD sound better, heck, they burn your pocket, your wallet and even your credit card.

Not necessarily.  Hand-built speakers can be 10X more expensive than mass-produced speakers of the same material, but not always sound better, depending on what you value most. 

But many exotic speakers have qualities that stand out over many entry-levels.  Like better phase and time coherence between drivers, or wider bandwidth due perhaps to the use of more exotic ribbon tweets.  They may have better mids and highs but often at the expense of deep bass.  You'd notice that most expensive bookshelf speakers have inadequate bass responses.  But in terms of mids and highs, nothing below their price range can come close.  Makers of such bookshelf monitors go for optimum performance in mids and highs, knowing that the serious audiophile market will be getting subwoofers anyway.

OTH entry and mid levels make compromises or thread the middle ground so that they can generate the widest possible spectrum to appeal to the widest possible market.  Their bass may go further down to 45hz and highs up to 18khz which is essentially good enough to many people.  But they could suffer from non-flat responses due to inadequate crossover filtering and resonant peak controls that more expensive speakers have.  Or undamped cabinetry that can load the drivers due to internal standing waves.  Or have diffractive qualities that the more expensive ones have tamed due to more elaborate carpentry processes like the use of  cabinet curvatures, instead of sharp edges.  Or they can suffer from time and phase incoherence that the more expensive ones have corrected by aligning driver voice coils in a more elaborate cabinet design.  Or they can peak at 70hz to impart SLAM that is often impressive to the general market. 

My point is, many expensive speakers are without parallel in one or two areas, excellent in many respects, average or poor in other areas.  Never ALL.  While entry and mid levels attempt to be merely good in ALL areas, in the process, compromises are made in their design and production as well as the materials used so they can still make money at the prices they offer. You have to bear in mind that all affordable products are products of compromises for their low price.  They try to be many things to many people.  (Admittedly, China's cheap labor rate is making excellent speakers designed in Britain to be increasingly affordable as compared in the past when they were still made in Britain.)

But considering how inexpensive speakers like the Euros and the Diamonds sound, I'm sure you'd say your money was well spent. Heck, I'd sure love to get a pair of Martin-Logan's Prodigy or Monitor Audio's Gold series towers, but at 190 thousand? I highly doubt that the difference in performance is directly proportional to the price difference. Can anyone say that twice the difference in performance is worth the price difference that's 10 times more? I respect anybody who swears by and loves their expensive speakers, hey, I'd sure love to have speakers like yours, but if this is all one can afford, isn't it a nice thought that you get better value for your money? Just me.  ;D

The use of Ribbon and Planar drivers will definitely up the price of any speaker.  Martin Logans and MAs are nothing compared to the P3.0M B&W Nautilus or Wilson Audio which are not even using planars.  Sonic superlatives are never proportionate with stratospheric prices.  Even a mere almost imperceptible off-axis improvement of 1db can cost thrice the price.   That's because manufacturers have always known that many audiophiles are prepared to pay a premium for incremental sonic improvements they perceive to be there based on their personal value judgement. .   To hear a faint triangle that seems to float above the orchestra, they are prepared to pay 10X more than a speaker that is generally good, but can't resolve the same faint triangle.  But for others who may not give a hoot about triangles, the price difference is not worth it.  Serious audiophiles have different value judgements over the casual listener.

Expensive speakers are unbelievably detailed when listening to a full orchestra. These are typically your planers and electrostats like the Magnepans and Martin Logans.  Their mids and highs are simply without parallel among entry and mid priced speakers.  But their bass sucks, requiring an equally competent sub.  That's what I mean above. 

Once you're deep into the hobby, having a discerning ear can be curse on your pocket.   ;D  But sonics are not entirely the lone criteria for getting a speaker.  The looks department have a lot to say.  On Jazz materials, I am hard pressed to discern any sonic difference between a Sonus Faber Concertino and B&W 602 at half price.  But if I can afford, I'd still get the SF because the looks alone is music to my eyes.  ;D  Cabinetry is another determinant of price.  SF uses multi-sectioned real wood instead of the cheaper MDF.  The craftmanship is definitely museum quality.  Others would opine such efforts have nothing to do with sonics.  Maybe.  That's another for your value perception.

And perhaps more telling is the fact that in this hobby, price-performance is not everything.   At the other extreme, social status can compel your choices.  Pride of Ownership. Bragging Rights.  Like Cellphones.   ;D  Little or Nothing to do with sonics at all.   Just my thoughts.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1099 on: Feb 22, 2005 at 12:58 PM »
Not necessarily.  Hand-built speakers can be 10X more expensive than mass-produced speakers of the same material, but not always sound better, depending on what you value most. 

And perhaps more telling is the fact that in this hobby, price-performance is not everything.   At the other extreme, social status can compel your choices.  Pride of Ownership. Bragging Rights.  Like Cellphones.   ;D  Little or Nothing to do with sonics at all.   Just my thoughts.

Remember how many people have fallen for the Bose Acoustimass systems then? I was one of them too, luckily, I didn't have the capacity to purchase such a deception.

Pride of ownership, bragging rights.... Social status..... Somehow even I would agree...  ;D

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1100 on: Feb 22, 2005 at 01:28 PM »
Remember how many people have fallen for the Bose Acoustimass systems then? I was one of them too, luckily, I didn't have the capacity to purchase such a deception.

That Bose Accoustimas is probably the odd-man-out among expensive speakers.  Bose was not in my mind when I posted above.  ;D  I have no doubt  there are other similarly overpriced speakers.  I personally would consider that P100T ++ Mark Levinson RED ROSE bookshelf speaker as among them. Paying so much for the benfit of a ribbon tweeter I know I can get elsewhere at a fraction is not my idea of a commensurate benefit.  That's my personal value judgemet, by the way. 

But there are more logically priced speakers that are expensive for their qualities.   Whether or not the price seem commensurate to the aural benefits is a matter of personal value judgement and wallet.  ;D

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1101 on: Feb 22, 2005 at 03:04 PM »
Now, doesn't that all boil down to one line?
And that's: Get the best equiptment that your money can buy.  ;D

Thanks, sir AV.  ;)

Offline veige13

• Apprentice
  • somebody..stop me!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1102 on: Feb 23, 2005 at 10:18 AM »
To sir AV,
Nice and well perceived explanation.!! :owala ba kayong mga kamay dyan...it's nice to read from a guru..who really has a deep (ear) and  technical experience. ;D ....sa akin lang eh..if you have the bucks..let your bucks hear & go for it...if you don't have the bucks..let your pocket hear first..hehehehe

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1103 on: Feb 23, 2005 at 11:46 AM »
To sir AV,
Nice and well perceived explanation.!! :owala ba kayong mga kamay dyan...it's nice to read from a guru..who really has a deep (ear) and  technical experience. ;D ....sa akin lang eh..if you have the bucks..let your bucks hear & go for it...if you don't have the bucks..let your pocket hear first..hehehehe

Believe me, bro, that guy has my respect.
Here's my version of your line: If you have the bucks, then buy what your ears want, if you don't have the bucks, first see what you can afford and buy what your ears like from the choices that are available to you. He he.  ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1104 on: Feb 23, 2005 at 04:32 PM »
To sir AV,

I applaud this guy! I truly enjoy reading through the stuff he writes. Incredible source of knowledge.

I even put a respectable DJ-like voice in my head when I read his threads  ;D

Parang yung mga voice sa test DVDS.... LEFT SURROUND....FRONT LEFT... CENTER.... ;D

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1105 on: Feb 23, 2005 at 04:49 PM »
My goodness.  I'm speechless.  ;D  Just sharing what I know, corrections welcome.  Thanks. 

Offline @tomicZen

• Collector
  • AtomicZen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1106 on: Feb 28, 2005 at 11:42 AM »
Where is Moses Aaron shop located?
@tomicZen

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1107 on: Feb 28, 2005 at 12:32 PM »
Where is Moses Aaron shop located?

623 G. Puyat St., Quiapo, Manila. Tel. No. 7354390

Malapit sya sa Metrobank Raon.  ;)

Offline erworm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1108 on: Mar 04, 2005 at 04:51 PM »
hi there! just wanted to ask a couple of questions:

1. any price update for the Euros 6, 8 and pl100 (if they are still available :) )?

2. if not available, what is their current line na similar?

3. would a yamaha rxv-450 be a match with these? if not what would?

greatly appreciate your help guys! baguhan kasi ako... don't understand ohms and watts and their relationship :( :)
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2005 at 05:02 PM by erworm »

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1109 on: Mar 05, 2005 at 09:43 AM »
hi there! just wanted to ask a couple of questions:

1. any price update for the Euros 6, 8 and pl100 (if they are still available :) )?

2. if not available, what is their current line na similar?

3. would a yamaha rxv-450 be a match with these? if not what would?

greatly appreciate your help guys! baguhan kasi ako... don't understand ohms and watts and their relationship :( :)

1. The last time I asked, the Euros 8 are at 10K++, the Euros 6 at around 9K, the pl100 also at around that same price range. Yes, they are still available. Try calling Moses Aaron at 7354390 to confirm prices, malay mo, baka mas mababa sya ngayon.

2. I don't think Daiichi has come up with a new product in the full-sized category yet, they have new models but those that belong in the compact to mid-sized category only. At that 10K price range, it maybe better to get Wharfedales, and you heard that from a Daiichi fan. The Euros would be a bigger hit if they were priced a bit lower, some of us here got ours during the sale period when the prices fell down to 50%. I'm not so sure if that's gonna happen again real soon. But I've heard they're coming up with a new line that's identical to the Euros but at a more affordable price range. Can't wait to see those.  ;D

3. Daiichi speakers are perfect for Yamaha amps in terms of impedance, since both are rated at 6 Ohms, I even personally suspect Daiichi to copy Yamaha speakers, but that's just a theory (a theory with a lot of proof). Some say that Yamahas are also best matched with Mission speakers since Yamahas tend to be a bit bright sounding, but that involves taste, and the x50 series have improved audio reproduction compared to previous models. If you're planning for a budget set up, try listening to the Daiichi's DTX 9.5 system, a bit weak on bass (but that's what a sub is for), but very, very affordable, the towers rated at 140 Watts and the bookshelfs and center at 100 Watts, more than adequate for the 450. Very good value. Or better yet, go to their showrooms, and audition, and maybe you can find something you'd like.
 ;D