Author Topic: Audio Nirvana Fullrange Speakers - Fair Price, High End SQ  (Read 645214 times)

Offline sound garden

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Audio Nirvana Fullrange Speakers - Good Price, High End SQ
« Reply #1230 on: Jan 06, 2014 at 12:14 PM »
La ba paparating dito teradak?
Brader PM mo si Monreq pwede kang sumabay ng order ng teradac. Sulit yang DAC na yan. Ang AN hindi talaga maselan sa placement kahit idikit mo sa wall walang problema.
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2014 at 12:16 PM by sound garden »
Clarity, detail, accuracy, and realism are unmatched....

Offline monreq

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • DVD Guru
  • Only a deaf can't distinguish good from bad audio.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1231 on: Jan 06, 2014 at 06:33 PM »
Brader PM mo si Monreq pwede kang sumabay ng order ng teradac. Sulit yang DAC na yan. Ang AN hindi talaga maselan sa placement kahit idikit mo sa wall walang problema.
Naku bro...dumating na. Pick up ko bukas sa post office.
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1232 on: Jan 06, 2014 at 06:35 PM »
ok din SQ ng royal copenhagen, napansin ko lang medyo kailangan nya ng magandang placement di gaya ng AN hindi maselan kahit dikit na sa wall ok lang. Over all it was a good session both have their own sound signature in both tube amps and dac's we used. Very engaging and satisfying di namin namalayan ang oras he he! The art looks "unique" sir monreq.
Salamat! Hiya namn ako.
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline sound garden

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1233 on: Jan 09, 2014 at 01:02 PM »
Brader Monreq, finally na kumpleto mo na yong dream set-up mo. AN Neo at Teradac. 8) 8) Wishlist ko itong taon yong Teradac na lang. ;D Brader Sidney ikaw na lang yong kulang para sa AN Neo dahil malupit na yong teradac mo. ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2014 at 01:04 PM by sound garden »

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1234 on: Jan 09, 2014 at 05:20 PM »
Brader Monreq, finally na kumpleto mo na yong dream set-up mo. AN Neo at Teradac. 8) 8) Wishlist ko itong taon yong Teradac na lang. ;D Brader Sidney ikaw na lang yong kulang para sa AN Neo dahil malupit na yong teradac mo. ;D
Tsismis lang yan... :)

Offline shrek7

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Guru
  • God First! Family Second! Audio Third!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #1235 on: Jan 09, 2014 at 09:12 PM »
Naku! Brader jorge, matagal pa yung Neo, tapusin ko muna yung amp ko at kwarto, masayang masaya pa ko sa alnico, hehehehe!!!  Ilagay mo na sa kahon yung Neo mo!
>:D >:D >:D

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1236 on: Jan 09, 2014 at 10:09 PM »
*""The Audio Nirvana 'Super 8 Alnico' drivers are by far the most natural, neutral, musical, and extended full range driver I've ever owned or heard. I don't say this lightly. I've owned the "who's who" of both vintage and modern 8" full range drivers such as KLANGFILM, TELEFUNKEN, GOODMANS, JBL, FOSTEX, ALTEC 755s, and even $3K electromagnetic SUPRAVOX 215s. In the category of more common audiophile speakers, I've owned some of the more famous studio monitors such as HARBETH, ATC 20SLs, and VERITY AUDIO Parsifals. I've also owned electrostatics such as QUAD ESL57s and ACOUSTAT 3s with the direct drive servo amps. I am a professional in the manufacture of audiophile products and have been building speakers for over 30 years. I purchased the 'Super 8 Alnico' drivers to use in my reference R&D system for evaluation of the high end audio products my company manufactures. The 'Super 8 Alnicos' are among the most MUSICAL sounding speakers I've EVER heard, either custom made or in a high end audio store. They portray all the frequencies they cover, from about 45Hz to about 18KHz, in a very smooth and even fashion so that no specific frequency stands out or brings attention to itself. The tones of the instruments sound ORGANIC with a great deal of subtlety, rich harmonics, and natural attack and decay. They portray your favorite music with proper time, tune, musical flow, and organic tones and timbers as you have rarely, if ever, heard before. They are among the most musically coherent speakers I've ever heard. You would need to spend well over $5K to get anything that would even come close to their level of performance."--"Benjamin Zwickel*

copy paste lang

Offline sound garden

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1237 on: Jan 09, 2014 at 10:44 PM »
*""The Audio Nirvana 'Super 8 Alnico' drivers are by far the most natural, neutral, musical, and extended full range driver I've ever owned or heard. I don't say this lightly. I've owned the "who's who" of both vintage and modern 8" full range drivers such as KLANGFILM, TELEFUNKEN, GOODMANS, JBL, FOSTEX, ALTEC 755s, and even $3K electromagnetic SUPRAVOX 215s. In the category of more common audiophile speakers, I've owned some of the more famous studio monitors such as HARBETH, ATC 20SLs, and VERITY AUDIO Parsifals. I've also owned electrostatics such as QUAD ESL57s and ACOUSTAT 3s with the direct drive servo amps. I am a professional in the manufacture of audiophile products and have been building speakers for over 30 years. I purchased the 'Super 8 Alnico' drivers to use in my reference R&D system for evaluation of the high end audio products my company manufactures. The 'Super 8 Alnicos' are among the most MUSICAL sounding speakers I've EVER heard, either custom made or in a high end audio store. They portray all the frequencies they cover, from about 45Hz to about 18KHz, in a very smooth and even fashion so that no specific frequency stands out or brings attention to itself. The tones of the instruments sound ORGANIC with a great deal of subtlety, rich harmonics, and natural attack and decay. They portray your favorite music with proper time, tune, musical flow, and organic tones and timbers as you have rarely, if ever, heard before. They are among the most musically coherent speakers I've ever heard. You would need to spend well over $5K to get anything that would even come close to their level of performance."--"Benjamin Zwickel*

copy paste lang
Amen to a great review. But honestly yong pagka organic sound ng AN Alnico ang wala sa AN Neo but the details is superb. Still both have special sound character.

« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2014 at 10:49 PM by sound garden »

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1238 on: Jan 10, 2014 at 12:37 AM »
Akala mo lang na di organic yung neo, di mo pa kasi na break in, i will be buying neo within the year kapag naisingit sa budget, neo and alnico is something special, just imagine listening to an orchestra with neo, using only 2-3watts, party volume na agad. Tube amp kasi talaga ang kapartner ng neo. Inggit na ako sa inyong dalawa brad.
Basta tapusin ko muna yung amp ko. Hihihi!

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1239 on: Jan 10, 2014 at 03:20 AM »
Akala mo lang na di organic yung neo, di mo pa kasi na break in, i will be buying neo within the year kapag naisingit sa budget, neo and alnico is something special, just imagine listening to an orchestra with neo, using only 2-3watts, party volume na agad. Tube amp kasi talaga ang kapartner ng neo. Inggit na ako sa inyong dalawa brad.
Basta tapusin ko muna yung amp ko. Hihihi!
Hmm ikaw pa.  Karamihan namn ng naka AN di naiingit ksi masaya na sila.  Dumadaan lang opportunity na pinaghahandaan lang natin retirement sa audio upgrades bago mag snow sa Pinas. :)

Btw, mganda at tama copy paste review mo ng Alnico ng AN.

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1240 on: Jan 10, 2014 at 02:04 PM »
Basta bro Jorge and Sidny...mark my word...neo 8 is my last speaker upgrade and 6bm8 set of Edrel is my last tube amp...Tera Dak3.1v is my last DAC, 2014 is the year i will retire in doin major upgrades in audio.  Tama na!  Galit na si kumander!!!

Listening room n ang susunod.  Sagot ni kumander ksi naiinis siya naka kalat sa living room niya set up ko.

Offline sound garden

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1241 on: Jan 10, 2014 at 05:09 PM »
Basta bro Jorge and Sidny...mark my word...neo 8 is my last speaker upgrade and 6bm8 set of Edrel is my last tube amp...Tera Dak3.1v is my last DAC, 2014 is the year i will retire in doin major upgrades in audio.  Tama na!  Galit na si kumander!!!

Listening room n ang susunod.  Sagot ni kumander ksi naiinis siya naka kalat sa living room niya set up ko.
Talaga lang Brader Mon. Paano yan may bagong FR na malupit mas maganda daw sa AN at mura lang daw.
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2014 at 05:13 PM by sound garden »

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1242 on: Jan 10, 2014 at 06:20 PM »
Talaga lang Brader Mon. Paano yan may bagong FR na malupit mas maganda daw sa AN at mura lang daw.
Ok lang.  Kailangan makuntento.  Ksi di matatapos ito kalokohan kung di tutuldukan.  Mahal n para sa akin ang Neo at tube amp.  Sa tagal ko sa audio at sa dami ng na test ko including Avant Garde Trio which is my true dream and reference, dumikit lang ng 50% ang AN Neo 8 ok na.  For sure after I heard Neo, more than 50%siya ng Avant Garde Trio speakers more or less 70% katunog ng neo hi mid at midbass ng Avant Garde. Sa bAss lang lamang ng husto Avant Garde Trio.
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2014 at 06:25 PM by monreq »

Offline ilongranger

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1243 on: Jan 12, 2014 at 10:36 PM »
naku bago gastos na naman yan. Pa pm naman pareng george kung ano yan
Jbl Hartsfield
Emt 930 st
Marantz 8b
Marantz 7c
Jadis JP80mc
Jps labs

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1244 on: Jan 22, 2014 at 05:12 AM »

In DIY, you pay for the quality matters.  Ksi raw materials lang ang speaker driver to build a complete speaker.  The SQ of speakers depends upon the listener and how he listens.  AB blind test is the best way to audition.  Kailangan pareho broken in or if not pareho bago.

Mas malupit pa kapg yung 4n 99.99% copper foil ni Mr.Edrel
Sison na naka wire mesh ang gagamitin.  Grabe lumabas ang totoo character ng Audio Nirvana ko.  PM niyo n lang Edrel for it. Basta Highly Recommended ang copper foil para sa kin sa speaker wire.

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1245 on: Jan 22, 2014 at 05:52 AM »
The purity of copper matters in speaker wires.  The highest copper the better.  Most audio experts prefers high copper property content than others. 

Info about 4n copper category (99.99%)
http://www.espimetals.com/index.php/online-catalog/357-copper-cu
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2014 at 05:53 AM by monreq »

Offline xbase

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1246 on: Jan 22, 2014 at 09:00 AM »
Sir monreq, parinig naman ng bagong AN at DAC mo...mukhang malapit ka na talaga sa nirvana....

Offline xbase

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1247 on: Jan 22, 2014 at 09:02 AM »
Mas malupit pa kapg yung 4n 99.99% copper foil ni Mr.Edrel
Sison na naka wire mesh ang gagamitin.  Grabe lumabas ang totoo character ng Audio Nirvana ko.  PM niyo n lang Edrel for it. Basta Highly Recommended ang copper foil para sa kin sa speaker wire.

mukhang maganda rin ito ah... basta bro ikaw nag recommend alam ko mataas ang quality ng audio for listening pleasure...

Offline remington

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #1248 on: Jan 22, 2014 at 10:22 AM »
The purity of copper matters in speaker wires.  The highest copper the better.  Most audio experts prefers high copper property content than others. 

Info about 4n copper category (99.99%)
http://www.espimetals.com/index.php/online-catalog/357-copper-cu
totally agree with this. I have 2 sets of copper foil speaker wire both 99.99% purity, one is thin and the other is thick, for me the thin one is better but its just me maybe others will hear it differently ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2014 at 10:22 AM by remington »
tube + audio nirvana = beyond...

Offline xbase

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1249 on: Jan 22, 2014 at 10:47 AM »
totally agree with this. I have 2 sets of copper foil speaker wire both 99.99% purity, one is thin and the other is thick, for me the thin one is better but its just me maybe others will hear it differently ;)

i need to get this copper foil...soon...

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1250 on: Jan 22, 2014 at 12:11 PM »
Sir Remington, I would really appreciate if you will specify the thickness of your cables and the sound signatures they create based on your impressions, it will also be better if you will also state the difference and the major factors that made you choose the thinner copper foil cables, para naman mas may idea tayong lahat kung ano ang bagay sa Audio Nirvana speakers. thank you bro!

Offline xbase

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1251 on: Jan 22, 2014 at 12:44 PM »
Sir Remington, I would really appreciate if you will specify the thickness of your cables and the sound signatures they create based on your impressions, it will also be better if you will also state the difference and the major factors that made you choose the thinner copper foil cables, para naman mas may idea tayong lahat kung ano ang bagay sa Audio Nirvana speakers. thank you bro!

+1

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7184
« Reply #1252 on: Jan 22, 2014 at 12:52 PM »
^25mm width x 0.25mm thickness, estimate ko lang...

you can also inquire from Sulimco metals, baka meron sila,
corner c.m. recto and benavides streets in binondo area,
mabait kausap yung chinoy na shop owner....

i have some, but i am using them for something else...

« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2014 at 12:59 PM by tony »
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline remington

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1253 on: Jan 22, 2014 at 01:24 PM »
I don't know the exact thickness of both of this cables but the width is 3/4 inch and they are both 2.5 meters wraped with shrinkable tubes. I chose the thin one because aside from its flexibility mas maraming details sa mid at high frequencies ako nadidinig when critical listening specially pag gabi na at tahimik na ang mundo,sa boses mas pronounced at centered at mas wider ang soundstage, sa lows almost the same but both of them are pretty good BTW,mas gusto ko lang yung isa hehehe.Pero this is just me di ko lang alam sa iba kung ano magiging listening impression nila, will try it with others pag may bumisita sa bahay... ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2014 at 01:27 PM by remington »

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1254 on: Jan 22, 2014 at 01:42 PM »
I don't know the exact thickness of both of this cables but the width is 3/4 inch and they are both 2.5 meters wraped with shrinkable tubes. I chose the thin one because aside from its flexibility mas maraming details sa mid at high frequencies ako nadidinig when critical listening specially pag gabi na at tahimik na ang mundo,sa boses mas pronounced at centered at mas wider ang soundstage, sa lows almost the same but both of them are pretty good BTW,mas gusto ko lang yung isa hehehe.Pero this is just me di ko lang alam sa iba kung ano magiging listening impression nila, will try it with others pag may bumisita sa bahay... ;) ;) ;)
Nice!!!! thank you very much sir!!! I appreciate it a lot!!! I will also do a comparison of copper foil vs my old speaker cables, kapag dumating na yung copper foil ko. ask ko lang sir kung saan galing yung copper foil mo and kung para saan talaga yung purpose ng copper foil na yan? (yan ba yung pang crossover ng speaker?) tnx!!!

Offline remington

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1255 on: Jan 22, 2014 at 01:52 PM »
Nice!!!! thank you very much sir!!! I appreciate it a lot!!! I will also do a comparison of copper foil vs my old speaker cables, kapag dumating na yung copper foil ko. ask ko lang sir kung saan galing yung copper foil mo and kung para saan talaga yung purpose ng copper foil na yan? (yan ba yung pang crossover ng speaker?) tnx!!!
the thin one was given to me by my electrical engineer kumpare ( di ko alam kung saan galing) the thick one was a 12" copper sheet actually, cut into 3/4" strips welded together to form a long strip.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2014 at 02:26 PM by remington »

Offline xbase

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1256 on: Jan 22, 2014 at 01:57 PM »
^25mm width x 0.25mm thickness, estimate ko lang...

you can also inquire from Sulimco metals, baka meron sila,
corner c.m. recto and benavides streets in binondo area,
mabait kausap yung chinoy na shop owner....

i have some, but i am using them for something else...

Remington, bro, have you try this type of copper foil in roll?

Offline remington

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1257 on: Jan 22, 2014 at 02:01 PM »
Remington, bro, have you try this type of copper foil in roll?
yup ganyan yung thin copper foil na binigay sakin. I cut it in half para di masyado malapad.

Offline xbase

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1258 on: Jan 22, 2014 at 02:03 PM »
yup ganyan yung thin copper foil na binigay sakin. I cut it in half para di masyado malapad.

iyan ba ung sinasabi mo ng makapal compare don sa copper foil sheet na mas manipis?

Offline remington

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1259 on: Jan 22, 2014 at 02:20 PM »
iyan ba ung sinasabi mo ng makapal compare don sa copper foil sheet na mas manipis?
hindi bro ganyan yung manipis na ginawa ko, yung makapal malapad yun 12" gugupitin nalang.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2014 at 02:37 PM by remington »