Author Topic: The Amazing Spider-Man on Blu-Ray  (Read 5298 times)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
The Amazing Spider-Man on Blu-Ray
« on: Oct 14, 2012 at 06:55 AM »
I really enjoyed this film, and am looking forward to its Blu-ray release.

Looks like it's going to be a good one!

PRESS RELEASE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Comes To DVD And Blu-Ray On November 9th

Earlier today, we brought you the full list of special features and deleted scenes which had been classified by the BBFC and now Sony Pictures have issued an official press release and cover art for the upcoming release of The Amazing Spider-Man on DVD and Blu-ray.
Josh Wilding - 9/4/2012
One of the most beloved and iconic super heroes of all time reemerges in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, debuting on Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack, Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, DVD, and a Limited Edition Gift Set with collectible Spider-Man and Lizard figurines, all with UltraViolet™, on Friday, November 9th from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Presented for the first time in at-home 3D, THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN tells the story of teenage Peter Parker, who grapples with both high school and amazing super-human crises as his alter-ego Spider-Man battles The Lizard.

Directed by Marc Webb ((500) Days of Summer), THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN stars Andrew Garfield (The Social Network) as Peter Parker, a.k.a. Spider-Man, and Emma Stone (The Help) as Gwen Stacy. The film also features Rhys Ifans (Notting Hill) as Dr. Curt Connors, a.k.a. The Lizard, Denis Leary (TV’s Rescue Me) as Captain Stacy, Campbell Scott (TV’s Damages) as Richard Parker, and Irrfan Khan (Slumdog Millionaire) as Rajit Ratha. Rounding out the all-star cast are Martin Sheen (TV’s The West Wing) as Uncle Ben and two-time Academy Award winner for Best Actress, Sally Field (Norma Rae, 1979; Places in the Heart, 1984), as Aunt May.

The Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack comes with three discs:

• Disc One is a Blu-ray containing the feature film, as well as the "Amazing Spider-Man Second Screen App," which can be used with the Sony Tablet™ S, Xperia Tablet™ S and iPad. The App syncs with the film as it plays in "Timeline" mode and features "Production" mode allowing users to "sling" content from their tablets to the TV screen for a greater and more interactive HD experience. Content includes interviews, storyboards, concept art, pre-visualization sequences, stunt rehearsals, and more.
• Disc Two is a Blu-ray featuring 90 minutes of behind-the-scenes documentaries, taking viewers behind the scenes of the development and direction of the film, casting, costumes, location shoots, visual effects, and more.
• Disc Three is a DVD that includes the feature film, as well as stunt rehearsals and deleted scenes, The Oscorp Archives, an image gallery featuring production art stills, and audio commentary with director Marc Webb, and producers Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach.

In addition to the three discs of content in the Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack, the Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack contains a fourth disc featuring the film in 3D. Exclusive to the Blu-ray 3D is also an image progression reel and the "3D 101 with Marc Webb" featurette, providing a look at the 3D techniques used for the film and allowing viewers to toggle through three scenes from the film at different levels of 3D.

The Limited Edition Gift Set, available at select retailers, comes with collectible Spider-Man and Lizard figurines, in addition to the 4-disc Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack.

Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack Special Features:

Disc 1: 2D Blu-ray feature film
Special Features:
• The Amazing Spider-Man Second Screen App, including interviews, storyboards, alternate takes, costume tests, pre-visualization sequences and more. Allows you to “sling" content from your tablet to the TV.

Disc 2: 2D Blu-ray featuring 90 Minutes of Behind-the-Scenes Documentaries, including:
• Development and Direction
• Casting
• Costumes
• On Location: LA
• On Stage: Sony Studios
• On Location: NY
• Post Production and Release
• 16 Pre-Visualization Sequences

Disc 3: DVD feature film
Special Features:
• Deleted Scenes
• Filmmaker Audio Commentary
• The Oscorp Archives – Production Art Gallery
• Stunt Rehearsals

Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack Special Features:

All of the 3-Disc Combo Pack Special Features plus...
Disc 1: 3D Blu-ray
• 3D versions of the film
• 3D 101 with Director Marc Webb
• 3D Image Progression Reel

Disc 2: 2D Blu-ray feature film

Disc 3: 2D Blu-ray featuring 90 Minutes of Behind-the-Scenes Documentaries

Disc 4: DVD feature film

Limited Edition Gift Set Special Features:

All of the 4-Disc Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack Special Features plus...
• Collectible Amazing Spider-Man Figurine
• Collectible Lizard Figurine

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=66786#b48iDsMx32HCiEHH.99

I wonder which version we'll get locally, and if the price will be reasonable/competitive with the R1/R2 releases?
« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2012 at 10:36 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline speckels

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Amazing Spiderman Astoplus/Odyssey Oct 26
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2012 at 04:14 PM »

release on Oct 26, 2012 on all Astroplus and Odyssey
« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2012 at 10:46 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 216
Re: Amazing Spiderman Astoplus/Odyssey
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2012 at 04:23 PM »
Yikes. Almost 2k for just the 1-disc? Ridonkulous  :P  Sana may pre-book incentives.
« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2012 at 10:46 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline speckels

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Amazing Spiderman Astoplus/Odyssey Oct 26
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2012 at 04:29 PM »
Yikes. Almost 2k for just the 1-disc? Ridonkulous  :P  Sana may pre-book incentives.
sir di ka nman pinilipit bumili, kung ayaw mo just dont comment
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2012 at 09:38 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline speckels

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2012 at 04:30 PM »
nobody forcing u to buy sir..u can get it somewhere else
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2012 at 09:39 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline speckels

• Collector
  • Liked:
The Amazing Spiderman
« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2012 at 04:48 PM »
release on Oct 26, 2012 on all Astroplus and Odyssey

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2012 at 04:50 PM »
Nice one, bro. I see what you did there  8)   >:D   8)

This is awesome news! Pipila na ako sa Astro at Odyssey for this!

ETA: And I noticed na we're earlier than the US release by 2 weeks (Nov. 9).
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2012 at 05:00 PM by Dan »

Offline limor

• Trade Count: (+168)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2012 at 06:29 PM »
can't wait :D

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2012 at 09:06 PM »
loool @ the price. di makatarungan.

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2012 at 09:43 PM »
loool @ the price. di makatarungan.

Careful... ;)

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2012 at 08:51 AM »
i'm relatively new so i have no idea what that means, sir dan. haha

i'm guessing it's coz the threadstarter is connected (or maybe owns/manages) those stores?

Online jas

• Trade Count: (+427)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1238
« Reply #11 on: Oct 25, 2012 at 09:08 AM »
^ Hehehe...I caught what the Thread Starter did yesterday. To clarify, when Dan commented on the expensive pricing, the Thread Starter deleted the entire thread & then re-posted again without Dan's comment. I'm not sure if the Thread Starter is connected with the local distributor or stores, but I agree with Dan that each member should be free to post his personal comments on this topic since this is not a Marketplace "For Sale" thread.

For the record, I also agree that the local pricing is too expensive. And, yes, I'll be getting this title elsewhere.... :)

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Oct 25, 2012 at 09:13 AM »
i'm relatively new so i have no idea what that means, sir dan. haha

i'm guessing it's coz the threadstarter is connected (or maybe owns/manages) those stores?

Hey, all I know is certain people erase entire threads if they see an opinion that is negative to what they're peddling... actually surprised yours hasn't prompted any action yet...  :o

^ Hehehe...I caught what the Thread Starter did yesterday. To clarify, when Dan commented on the expensive pricing, the Thread Starter deleted the entire thread & then re-posted again without Dan's comment. I'm not sure if the Thread Starter is connected with the local distributor or stores, but I agree with Dan that each member should be free to post his personal comments on this topic since this is not a Marketplace "For Sale" thread.

For the record, I also agree that the local pricing is too expensive. And, yes, I'll be getting this title elsewhere.... :)

::)

.... Aaaand this thread topic is still not being deleted despite having two comments on the "allegedly expensive" pricing already.... hmmm....  interesting...

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2611
« Reply #13 on: Nov 02, 2012 at 09:12 PM »
so me bumili ba nitong pdvd member? ^-^
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
The Amazing Spiderman
« Reply #14 on: Nov 03, 2012 at 12:04 AM »
Out now on Bluray and Bluray 3D.

The price of the combo pack (Bluray + Bluray 3D) is an AMAZING Php 2,500!!!

Note that while the SRP in the US is $56 (@Php 2,300), nobody there is selling it at SRP.  Some US Sellers are selling it 50% off.   And that's with an additional DVD free... 

The Brits have the same 3D/2D Bluray (Region Free) at £20.00 (PHp 1350).

In Asia, the same 3D/2D package can be had for 1,900.  Free shipping!

So prices in the Philippines, are higher than in more affluent countries! AMAZING INDEED!!!

The only consolation,. is that we are a week early compared to US, and a month early compared to the Londoners... Is that worth 1000?
« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2012 at 12:11 AM by techdude »
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Nov 04, 2012 at 01:04 PM »
i would like to know as well if may bumili satin nito. haha

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #16 on: Nov 04, 2012 at 01:50 PM »
baka nde taga-pinoydvd ang bumili

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Nov 04, 2012 at 04:44 PM »
^ for sure outside pdvd may bumili siguro. hehe

Offline amirrah

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Nov 04, 2012 at 08:40 PM »

Saw this in shang a week ago ibibili na sana ako ni mrs. Sabi ko sa pdvd (c/o anya) na lng ako bibili. :-)

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: The Amazing Spiderman
« Reply #19 on: Nov 04, 2012 at 09:49 PM »
This thread is still here??? No one is deleting it after so many criticisms from other members regarding the BD's pricing and availability from other sellers???

Wow... I never knew just one post from me could shake mountains...  :o  oh the power... and responsibility...  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2012 at 09:50 PM by Dan »

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #20 on: Nov 04, 2012 at 09:52 PM »
kaya pag bumibisita ako sa astro nadadagdagan pero parang hindi nababawasan yung mga bd's sa shelf eh. the studios really have to do something about the pricing.

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Nov 04, 2012 at 10:25 PM »
the price is just unreasonable.  Personally, I am willing to pay a little more for the convenience of picking it up and ready-to-go.  But the mark-up is just too much. 

Viva's releases Titanic 3D+2D for 2,000 and their 2D for 1,800.  For me, the 3d+2D is reasonable but the 2D is too much.  Note that this is a four-discs release.  No wonder, the 3D+2D version is quickly sold while the 2D versions (which they have more of, to begin with) stays on the shelf. 

Comparing Titanic's prices to Amazing Spiderman, and it's plain to see, how much higher the markup is (note that Titanic is already overpriced, just a little more reasonable (is that an oxymoron?)). 

If The Amazing Spiderman is priced liked that, how would they price the year's bigger title (TDK Returns)?

This thread is still here??? No one is deleting it after so many criticisms from other members regarding the BD's pricing and availability from other sellers???

Wow... I never knew just one post from me could shake mountains...  :o  oh the power... and responsibility...  ;D ;D ;D

We are a free country last time I checked.  I don't think any posts is out-of-bounds (yet), not even libelous.  Free Enterprise...
« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2012 at 10:29 PM by techdude »

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man on Blu-Ray
« Reply #22 on: Nov 05, 2012 at 01:14 AM »
sir di ka nman pinilipit bumili, kung ayaw mo just dont comment

nobody forcing u to buy sir..u can get it somewhere else

I think it's only fair that I re-post my reply to these since someone kindly restored them. Here's what I responded when I saw those replies and right before I discovered the original thread starter deleted his/her entire thread just to get rid of my opinion:

Quote from: Dan
Then don't post that here if that's your attitude. Last I checked, we're free to post opinions here in the general forums. This is not the "For Sale" thread where people are expected to respect the pricing that sellers post. Are you associated with Astro, Odyssey or Magna? Better check with your PR department before you alienate your potential clients...

I did ask kung may pre-book incentives. That was a chance for your company/ies to woo customers to buy your product.

Oh, the sweet nectar of justice...

On-Topic:

Despite some quibbles, I generally liked this movie. For me at least, the characters were strong and convincing despite the many problems with the filmmaking. I liked Garfield's portrayal of Spidey (liked Maguire's Peter Parker better) and Stone as Gwen Stacy.

This BD's a definite must buy for me this Christmas. Just not from the local shops the ORIGINAL THREAD STARTER is advertising because their marketing and PR department sucks. The best pa rin yung mga reliable sellers natin dito. Always the best pricing and the best service. Walang attitude problem.
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2012 at 07:55 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Nov 05, 2012 at 09:11 AM »
haha nice one dan. everytime i see the prices in local stores natatawa ako. how do they expect to sell the titles? or do they actually expect to sell them or display lang talaga?haha

If only walang Quiapo pirates siguro may mga swabe na home video stores na tayo dito. di kasi tatangkilikin ng mga pinoy kahit reasonably priced origs kasi may suking pirated stores sila. tsk.

if meron man, limited to us here na bumibili talaga ng orig.

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Nov 05, 2012 at 10:58 AM »
If only walang Quiapo pirates siguro may mga swabe na home video stores na tayo dito. di kasi tatangkilikin ng mga pinoy kahit reasonably priced origs kasi may suking pirated stores sila. tsk.

if meron man, limited to us here na bumibili talaga ng orig.

Not that I support pirates.  I no longer buy them.  But without them, you could expect even DVDs to be priced higher.  Kasi walang competition.

That's what they do with Blurays.  Sana puwede parallel importations tayo dito sa atin, then they would be forced to offer competitive prices.  Just imagine if we cannot get these titles from our friends, we'd be forced to buy Spiderman at their Amazing price of 2,500 (3D+2D).

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Nov 05, 2012 at 11:53 AM »
Not that I support pirates.  I no longer buy them.  But without them, you could expect even DVDs to be priced higher.  Kasi walang competition.

That's what they do with Blurays.  Sana puwede parallel importations tayo dito sa atin, then they would be forced to offer competitive prices.  Just imagine if we cannot get these titles from our friends, we'd be forced to buy Spiderman at their Amazing price of 2,500 (3D+2D).

yep, the price is more amazing than Spiderman himself! Is it worth almost 1000pesos more to be able to pick up new titles right away at your local store rather than wait for other online stores to deliver it to you? For me, it's definitely not wort it. Better wait.

Offline amirrah

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Nov 05, 2012 at 06:03 PM »
^ for sure outside pdvd may bumili siguro. hehe

Yup saw someone buy a copy (in shangrila) gusto ko na ngang awatin eh. Lmao. Seriously, if i had the chance kausapin ko talaga.

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
Re: Re: Amazing Spiderman Astoplus/Odyssey Oct 26
« Reply #27 on: Nov 05, 2012 at 09:15 PM »

Tingin ko naman wala. Fair game mga pricing criticisms since hindi naman tayo ang tayo market ng local distributors (with their ridiculous prices).

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 339
« Reply #28 on: Nov 05, 2012 at 09:40 PM »
Tumataga din pala si Spidey. Forget it about it.  ::)
We deserve better.

Offline revas9

• Trade Count: (+950)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Nov 05, 2012 at 09:46 PM »
Uber mahal.... pero syemore local distributors will seize the moment to sell blockbuster titles to their shelves. Considering the overhead that they shell out  is quite astronomical so they will levy it to the consumers.  Compared here wala po tayo overhead kaya kudos to pinoydvd making it reasonable and affordable to trade quality titles at worthy prices.
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2012 at 09:49 PM by revas9 »