Author Topic: Bose Speakers  (Read 198719 times)

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 965
Re: BOSE owners list your comments
« Reply #300 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 08:54 AM »
Yan ang mahirap sa BOSE lovers they tend to reject and disbelief that they've been sacked by BOSE... :P :P :P :) having "sour grapes" after buying a BOSE using their pride not their ears and brains ??? ??? ???... buti pa ang iba nagigising sa katotohanan

Happy enlightment sa mga naka-recover from BOSE... now you have a good taste in HT and music...   

maybe its not fair to generalize people and to discriminate them to the point of saying that if you have a Bose system stashed somewhere in your house and you do like its performance then you do not have good taste in Audio and in HT based from the statement that you gave.  simply moving up from a Bose to a what have you Brand W doesnt mean you automatically have good tatse in audio as well right? let us not be prejudiced.

true...the Bose systems isnt the best sounding speakers and are quite costly if you buy it brand new but what speaker is the best? that is a very subjective decision which totally varies from one individual to another.  people buy products because of so many different variables....one might buy because its a dirt cheap deal, it fits a certain requirement, some buy the best there is, by peer pressure, by brand loyalty etc etc. Now lets say one bought a 901 and likes how it sounds....that doesnt automatically mean that he has poor taste.

I do want to give you an example on what I am saying. I have a friend who formerly OWNED a big audio store with several branches across the Metro and was one of the pioneer stores that carried high end audio products.  he has access to a LOT of speaker brands for the sole reason that he owns the chain and up to now he till listens to his pristine condition 901's in his den/bar. I was quite curious as to why he doesnt want to ditch it and replace them with other speakers that are worthy of his lofty exprience in audio but his answer surprised me...he simply likes how it sounds...it sounds unique and like no other...period. That doesnt make it the best for him but its uniqueness has its appeal to him. In that regard I respected his opinion and his preference. he does have a Magnepan (the biggest maggie models) system in his bedroom and if asked the question which is better sounding..the 901 or the maggies syempre its a no brainer..the maggies will outperform the 901's but he is fast in adding that he also loves the unique presentation of the 901 in his den/bar.  Ripped off? hehe thats the good thing...he got the 901 for a measly Php15K from a person who simply ridiculed Bose to high heavens just like you.  so to sum it all up...he got it for a dirt cheap price and it fills his den/bar with energetic sound which is his requirement to begin with.  Those are the reasons why he loves his Bose...and in no way does he have poor taste in audio.

In my case, I bought my Lifestyle12 set to fit my requirement which is for a all in one compact system that is virtually invisible.  Got a good deal for it and thats that. Im still happy with it to this day. Its uniqueness also appeals to me in a way because examples of all in one compact systems that are designed to be invisible are quite rare.  Ripped off? nope. got a very good price for it.....again from a person who simply hated Bose.  BTW I do have other speakers sytems in my house that will blow away the Lifestyle 12 but nonetheless i still like my Lifestyle 12.   poor taste? hahaha...who cares what others think. as long as you are happy in this hobby. 
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

Offline JFBagadiong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #302 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 10:33 AM »
maybe its not fair to generalize people and to discriminate them to the point of saying that if you have a Bose system stashed somewhere in your house and you do like its performance then you do not have good taste in Audio and in HT based from the statement that you gave.  simply moving up from a Bose to a what have you Brand W doesnt mean you automatically have good tatse in audio as well right? let us not be prejudiced.

true...the Bose systems isnt the best sounding speakers and are quite costly if you buy it brand new but what speaker is the best? that is a very subjective decision which totally varies from one individual to another.  people buy products because of so many different variables....one might buy because its a dirt cheap deal, it fits a certain requirement, some buy the best there is, by peer pressure, by brand loyalty etc etc. Now lets say one bought a 901 and likes how it sounds....that doesnt automatically mean that he has poor taste.

I do want to give you an example on what I am saying. I have a friend who formerly OWNED a big audio store with several branches across the Metro and was one of the pioneer stores that carried high end audio products.  he has access to a LOT of speaker brands for the sole reason that he owns the chain and up to now he till listens to his pristine condition 901's in his den/bar. I was quite curious as to why he doesnt want to ditch it and replace them with other speakers that are worthy of his lofty exprience in audio but his answer surprised me...he simply likes how it sounds...it sounds unique and like no other...period. That doesnt make it the best for him but its uniqueness has its appeal to him. In that regard I respected his opinion and his preference. he does have a Magnepan (the biggest maggie models) system in his bedroom and if asked the question which is better sounding..the 901 or the maggies syempre its a no brainer..the maggies will outperform the 901's but he is fast in adding that he also loves the unique presentation of the 901 in his den/bar.  Ripped off? hehe thats the good thing...he got the 901 for a measly Php15K from a person who simply ridiculed Bose to high heavens just like you.  so to sum it all up...he got it for a dirt cheap price and it fills his den/bar with energetic sound which is his requirement to begin with.  Those are the reasons why he loves his Bose...and in no way does he have poor taste in audio.

In my case, I bought my Lifestyle12 set to fit my requirement which is for a all in one compact system that is virtually invisible.  Got a good deal for it and thats that. Im still happy with it to this day. Its uniqueness also appeals to me in a way because examples of all in one compact systems that are designed to be invisible are quite rare.  Ripped off? nope. got a very good price for it.....again from a person who simply hated Bose.  BTW I do have other speakers sytems in my house that will blow away the Lifestyle 12 but nonetheless i still like my Lifestyle 12.   poor taste? hahaha...who cares what others think. as long as you are happy in this hobby. 

Again another BOSE lover  ::) ::) ::), can you justify to me why BOSE has its missing nos?   

Offline JFBagadiong

• Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #303 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 10:36 AM »
OT:

What then can you say about this:
http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_STATIC_PAGE_EVENT&url=/learning/project_sound/bose_suspension.jsp

BOSE suspension for cars?, have you seen its review? it failed due to excessive power use on cars, batteries died down on few kilometers. Hindi pa nga nila na perperfect yung speakers nila eto na naman sila hayy ::) ::) ::)

Offline Chito C.

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #304 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 10:43 AM »
siguro sagot ng bose dyan eh basta gawa kami maganda suspension, bahala ka na sa power he-he.

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #305 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 10:45 AM »
Wala naman problema kahit billion of pesos or dollars pa worth ng Bose. As long as they drop that "Better Sound Through Research" claim.

Offline hattori_hanzo

• DVD Guru
  • LOUD and CLEAR! Mabuhay ang mga PCCian na bagets!
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 10:47 AM »
Wala naman problema kahit billion of pesos or dollars pa worth ng Bose. As long as they drop that "Better Sound Through Research" claim.

HEHEHE! tama ka dyan sir bumblebee pati yung "most highly acclaimed speaker"!
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Pipho (pinoy photography) member

Offline ganicru

• Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 10:55 AM »

pero kung compare mo ang price nang Klipsch sa Bose laki nang pinag-kaiba.   ::)

Too much price, less quality.

Wait  lang po!
       Yung acoustimass 15 How much?  Complete HT system na to ah (5.1 set-up)

Yung Klipsch RF25 (stereo floorstander ito di ba)  Magkano kaya kung 5.1 set-up ng Klipsch.

We're talking of HT speaker set-up.....

Just me.
Panasonic PV70
Bose acoustimass 7, vcs10, mdl100x3
Velodyne CHT 8R
Kenwood KRF X9090D
Sony BDP S

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #308 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 10:58 AM »

Nice one  ;D ;D ;D Remeber yung speaker nila na nasa aquarium, mayron na bang naka duplicate nito  ;)

Offline JFBagadiong

• Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #309 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 11:00 AM »
Wait  lang po!

Yung Klipsch RF25 (stereo floorstander ito di ba)  Magkano kaya kung 5.1 set-up ng Klipsch.

Just me.

Sir hindi lang price ang tignan mo pati yung kind of materials used sa speakers nila and how they build it... :) :) :)

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #310 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 11:04 AM »
Remeber yung speaker nila na nasa aquarium, mayron na bang naka duplicate nito  ;)

At meron kayang bumili nito ???

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 11:06 AM »
Nice one  ;D ;D ;D Remeber yung speaker nila na nasa aquarium, mayron na bang naka duplicate nito  ;)

Ala naman isda e ;D

Offline ganicru

• Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #312 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 11:13 AM »
Yan ang mahirap sa BOSE lovers they tend to reject and disbelief that they've been sacked by BOSE... :P :P :P :) having "sour grapes" after buying a BOSE using their pride not their ears and brains ??? ??? ???... buti pa ang iba nagigising sa katotohanan

Happy enlightment sa mga naka-recover from BOSE... now you have a good taste in HT and music...   

Sir, I don't feel what you mean. When I buy things, I make it a point that the item really excites me. I don't buy on impulse specially on audio gears. I visit , look and try to ask for a demo (kung walang masyadong buying customer) as frequent as I can  and check my pocket if I can afford it na. Then when the right time comes, I buy it na and take it home na parang bata at tuwang tuwa sa bago kong toy and enjoy it. Well its human nature na magsawa at maghanap ng bago. But this doesn't mean that we were sacked by any body. No body forces us to make our  buying decisions. It is we and we alone ourselves and more often than not later we realised that we made a bad decision but it doesn't mean na yung "Kapalaran ni Juan ay kapalaran din ni Pedro". Kung masaya si Pedro hindi sigurado na masaya din si Juan or the other way around. But don't judge people on how they make decisions, its their own call.

I AM HAPPY WITH MY BOSE!

just me.
Panasonic PV70
Velodyne CHT 8R
Kenwood KRF X9090D
Sony BDP S

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #313 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 11:15 AM »
kaya siguro masyadong mahal ito dahil pati isda binebentahan ng HT  ;)

peace  :D

itong brand na ito ang unang speaker na ginamit ko sa HT ko. gusto ko na din ilagay sa aquarium yung speaker kaya lang sayang naman

peace ulit  ;)

Offline ganicru

• Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 11:19 AM »
Sir hindi lang price ang tignan mo pati yung kind of materials used sa speakers nila and how they build it... :) :) :)

Can you do factory visit before buying anything? Brand perception is the name of the game.
Panasonic PV70
Velodyne CHT 8R
Kenwood KRF X9090D
Sony BDP S

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 11:24 AM »
Hey guys, if we must bash, let's bash the product, not each other :)

Offline JFBagadiong

• Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 11:28 AM »

Natatawa nga ako eh, do you need to submerged a speaker para mapatunayan ang performance nito, sino makikinig dun isda o serena? They always try to trick peoples mind para makabenta lang. It is not necessary to submerge speaker under water to prove their waterproof. Dahil sa weather natin rain, sunshine, or snow kahit splash proof lang okey na, wala naman nakikinig sa ilalim ng tubig eh, saka sinong matinong tao ang maglulubog ng speakers niya sa ilalim ng tubig, ano isusunod nila ilulubog na nila sa putik. Hehehe!

I even wonder if the speaker’s paper cone would last playing under water or kahit wet for a long time, paper cones tend to break when it’s wet because of its composition. Kahit nga double or triple treated ply paper nadudurog when wet for a long time.

Mas bi-bilib pa ako kung high voltage passing through their speakers at hindi na dadamage, like similar sa thunder at lighting para sa outdoor speakers nila, ayun mas kabilib-bilib yun!!!         

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 11:32 AM »
Sir, I don't feel what you mean. When I buy things, I make it a point that the item really excites me. I don't buy on impulse specially on audio gears. I visit , look and try to ask for a demo (kung walang masyadong buying customer) as frequent as I can  and check my pocket if I can afford it na. Then when the right time comes, I buy it na and take it home na parang bata at tuwang tuwa sa bago kong toy and enjoy it. Well its human nature na magsawa at maghanap ng bago. But this doesn't mean that we were sacked by any body. No body forces us to make our  buying decisions. It is we and we alone ourselves and more often than not later we realised that we made a bad decision but it doesn't mean na yung "Kapalaran ni Juan ay kapalaran din ni Pedro". Kung masaya si Pedro hindi sigurado na masaya din si Juan or the other way around. But don't judge people on how they make decisions, its their own call.

I AM HAPPY WITH MY BOSE!

just me.

amen to that bro.  Nobody is saying that Bose is the best speaker sold out there. The thing that I just dont get it why people are judging others and say that they have poor taste in audio just because they bought a bose.  such an immature statement.  The CEO in the company that I work for has a Wave system in his office....I dont think he has poor taste in audio...he has a killer rig at home that consists of Martin Logan, Audio Reasearch and Musical Fidelity.  

yung iba kasi naka pag upgrade lang at natuto ng konti sa kakabasa sa threads at sa pag audition ng iba-ibang speakers ay "audiophile" na agad ang tingin sa sarili.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline JFBagadiong

• Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #318 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 11:37 AM »
       Can you do factory visit before buying anything? Brand perception is the name of the game.

Sir being observative and analytical makikita mo naman kung oky at pulido ang make and made ng isang product. kahit hindi ka pumunta sa factory nila, just a little research you'll know, kung your buying a good one, pero kung brand rat ka its up to you. yun nga lang you rely so much on brand not on the performance pero ganun talga there are people more on brand.

anyways better enjoy your BOSE system...

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #319 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 11:40 AM »
Natatawa nga ako eh, do you need to submerged a speaker para mapatunayan ang performance nito, sino makikinig dun isda o serena? They always try to trick peoples mind para makabenta lang. It is not necessary to submerge speaker under water to prove their waterproof. Dahil sa weather natin rain, sunshine, or snow kahit splash proof lang okey na, wala naman nakikinig sa ilalim ng tubig eh, saka sinong matinong tao ang maglulubog ng speakers niya sa ilalim ng tubig, ano isusunod nila ilulubog na nila sa putik. Hehehe!

Maybe according to their research team, maraming speakers ang nasisira dahil nahuhulog sa aquarium ..... hhmmm.  

Offline JFBagadiong

• Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #320 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 11:42 AM »
amen to that bro.  Nobody is saying that Bose is the best speaker sold out there. The thing that I just dont get it why people are judging others and say that they have poor taste in audio just because they bought a bose.  such an immature statement.  The CEO in the company that I work for has a Wave system in his office....I dont think he has poor taste in audio...he has a killer rig at home that consists of Martin Logan, Audio Reasearch and Musical Fidelity.  

yung iba kasi naka pag upgrade lang at natuto ng konti sa kakabasa sa threads at sa pag audition ng iba-ibang speakers ay "audiophile" na agad ang tingin sa sarili.

Being a CEO doesnt mean your superior to all.

And by the way hindi lang sa pagbabasa ng threads at pag audiotion ng iba-ibang speakers ay magiging audiophile kana,

if you studied it at may expirience ka for 15years and designed many auditoriums at recording studios including local and abroad and contributed research in acoustics sa isang big audio company, can you say your an audiophile?    

Offline Tony C.

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 11:53 AM »
About a few years ago, a cousin bought a 301 bose speaker believing at the time that it was a prized purchase.  The reason, according to him was that he was not aware of the other existing products available at the time, i.e., BW's, etc.  Had he known of the other choices, he would have looked for these before doing a purchase.

My guess is that most Bose owners were also victims of the same situation and didn't had the chance to compare performance as well as prices of the competition.

Hope this thread can help enlighten all would be buyers....thanks!

Offline ganicru

• Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #322 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 11:56 AM »
Sir being observative and analytical makikita mo naman kung oky at pulido ang make and made ng isang product. kahit hindi ka pumunta sa factory nila, just a little research you'll know, kung your buying a good one, pero kung brand rat ka its up to you. yun nga lang you rely so much on brand not on the performance pero ganun talga there are people more on brand.

anyways better enjoy your BOSE system...

This are basic things and natural to humans but not to RATS!!@###@#@**
Panasonic PV70
Velodyne CHT 8R
Kenwood KRF X9090D
Sony BDP S

Offline bachwitz

• DVD Addict
  • Musica delenit bestiam feram
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #323 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 12:00 PM »
Wait  lang po!

Just me.

E di sa Dai-Ichi na lang. 

compare it side by side with bose.

get a noobie that has no outright experience in Audio and HT.

Im 100% sure, Dai-Ichi ang pipiliin  nya mas OK.

Yan ang hirap sa Bose, may sariling showroom.  Ayaw ma compare side by side. 

Sa pagkaka alam ko, sila lang may ganiton practice.  ::)

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #324 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 12:01 PM »
This has been posted before here.  Quite lengthy and detailed, but I think it's  definitive in its description of the Bose accoustimas products.

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #325 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 12:05 PM »
Being a CEO doesnt mean your superior to all.

And by the way hindi lang sa pagbabasa ng threads at pag audiotion ng iba-ibang speakers ay magiging audiophile kana,

if you studied it at may expirience ka for 15years and designed many auditoriums at recording studios including local and abroad and contributed research in acoustics sa isang big audio company, can you say your an audiophile?    

I just said that as an example sir. nowhere in my post says that a CEO is superior to all and sundry. I wonder what gave you that idea  ???  oh well..  

now to your question....I dont give a rats ass even if one has studied audio for 75 years and have contributed to all the recording studios in this planet. If you do not have an open mind in audio then I guess you wont be able to understand why it is very subjective and one's preference will not be the same as the other guy's preference.
audiophile?  everybody can claim that title to his own just by buying a stereo, reading audio threads and magazines and start talking audio jargon that the next person cannot understand so I guess its a worthless title in my opinion....wala namang diploma yan saying that one earned the title eh. I have  never considered myself as an "audiophilie"..while I do know that I love music since I was in 2nd grade so I guess that makes me a music lover.  there are a gazillion and one "audiophiles" strutting their stuff here in PinoyDVD... maybe you could ask them how and where they got their title.

Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline aldrinpsx

• DVD Guru
  • Region 1 fanatic!!!!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #326 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 12:07 PM »
Break!!!!  break!!!!! ..keep it cool people... keep it cool.

peace!!!

Offline bachwitz

• DVD Addict
  • Musica delenit bestiam feram
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #327 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 12:21 PM »
BOSE vs. other Brands lang po.

wag naman  members vs. members

Peace lang tayo!!!

Offline ganicru

• Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #328 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 01:56 PM »
E di sa Dai-Ichi na lang. 

compare it side by side with bose.

get a noobie that has no outright experience in Audio and HT.

Im 100% sure, Dai-Ichi ang pipiliin  nya mas OK.

Yan ang hirap sa Bose, may sariling showroom.  Ayaw ma compare side by side. 

Sa pagkaka alam ko, sila lang may ganiton practice.  ::)

In fairness, di ba may Dai-Ichi showroom din sa megamall? The truth is I started my simple audio set up with a Pioneer KP5  car stereo with Daiichi assembled speakers (La pa ko datung eh)  then upgraded to Pioneer speakers then Bose. I keep my Bose for HT (AM7). For audio I started with B&W CDM1, then AE Evo3, then B&W 602S3 and  presently Epos M12.2. Mga 15 years of evolution din.
Ano kaya next? The quest never ends.... Its part of the learning curve. I can share my experiences (good or bad)  but I won't put any body down.

Panasonic PV70
Velodyne CHT 8R
Kenwood KRF X9090D
Sony BDP S

Offline JFBagadiong

• Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #329 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 02:08 PM »
This are basic things and natural to humans but not to RATS!!@###@#@**

Yun nga ang pagkakaiba ng rats sa human, they know how to distinguish good value vs performance, rather going thru brand's. Anyways if your enjoying your BOSE then enjoy listening to it. I have nothing against your BOSE speakers, sayo naman yan eh ikaw ang bumili ng pagkamahal-mahal at pera mo yan at ikaw ang makikinig.

Sana nga lang palawakin pa ng BOSE ang research nila at pataasin ang kalidad ng materials their using sa BOSE speakers. cause they tend to go into another product research without giving another solution sa speakers nila.

Happy BOSE listening nalang sayo PEACE!!!