Author Topic: Bose Speakers  (Read 199314 times)

Offline pixar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: BOSE 2.2 -- suggestion
« Reply #360 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 09:20 AM »
This is an interesting comment, I have changed the cables to a different one and it might take a few days for me to determine if the sound is much better.

I have eliminated the IPOD and the songs since I take it out a lot and the sound is okay in the car and travel speakers.

I eliminated the amps already, cables are good so it basically boils down to cable and speakers-

thanks for the help-

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Think HARDER - HOLLOW Heads! No FO0Ls Please!
  • Liked:
Re: BOSE owners list your comments
« Reply #361 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 01:11 PM »

3rd having a good taste on music defines as being knowledgeable enough know the basic audible hearing of a human being 20hz – 20khz, does BOSE even closely possess this specification?

How do you want your coffee Mr. JFBagadiong? blacker? sweeter? creamier? So what defines a good taste in coffee?  ???
What's the standard in good coffee taste?

In the same terms, what defines a good taste in HT, Mr. JFBagadiong?  ???  ???
What's the standard in good HT taste?

I think you are the one that do not understand what you are saying ... that taste is dictated by an individual preferences - and not an imposed taste standard by another person to another person.

Hearing only 13.3 khz to 280 hz then “blank” from 202hz to 46hz, does this mean you have good taste? Baka bingi ka? Oh well… 

I think Synchro_01 knows BOSE has a HOLE. It is that you are not reading posts properly - BOSE do not have spectacular specs, and do not market audiophilia specs. They market cheap products, attractive to the moneyed market,and sells. Your "bingi" post is not in place!

So Mr. synchro_01 I don’t know kung bata ka pa or what? Maybe you just have less experience or understanding on Audio/Video/HT or society, don’t worry okey lang yan…

Yup! and I think you also do ... have less understanding!  :P

P.S. I know of hardcore audiophiles (undefined term?) just using full range in their audio rig - not 20 to 20khz - and I dont see a problem why they cant be called an audiophile - and that they have such a poor taste in music listening!  ???  ???  ???
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2005 at 01:26 PM by aHobbit »
Anti PDVD Malware (STUP1Ds & F0OLs)

Kevlar

« Reply #362 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 01:22 PM »
I'm an audiophile and I actually like the appearance of Bose's 'cute' cubes.  
Very 'high-tech', 'modern' and 'futuristic' looking.  I think Bose sells because
of its 'fashion statement'.  Its creative small 'cube' design is very appealing
to buyers.

Having small, 'futuristic' looking cube speakers like Bose, adds beauty
to your living room.  It is like a plasma tv which makes your living room look
'modern', 'chic', 'stylistic' and 'futuristic'.  :)

As for the sound, Bose sounds reasonably good; comparable to brands such
as Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony and Panasonic but somehow lacking the bass of
those speakers.

My advice?  If you are happy with the Bose sound and are more concerned with
what the general population thinks of your sound system, buy a Bose.  You will
surely impress the general population.  If you want however the best sound
from your audio system and don't care what majority of the population thinks,
there are better and cheaper brands out there.  I suggest B&W's and other
British speakers for a start.  I seem to like 'British' sound though I hate the
'British' accent...  ;D

- Kevlar

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Think HARDER - HOLLOW Heads! No FO0Ls Please!
  • Liked:
« Reply #363 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 01:36 PM »

My advice?  If you are happy with the Bose sound and are more concerned with
what the general population thinks of your sound system, buy a Bose.  You will
surely impress the general population.  If you want however the best sound
from your audio system and don't care what majority of the population thinks,
there are better and cheaper brands out there.  I suggest B&W's and other
British speakers for a start.  I seem to like 'British' sound though I hate the
'British' accent...  ;D

- Kevlar

Conversely,
If you are happy with your brand sound and are more concerned with what the general audiophile population thinks of your sound system, buy your brand.  You will surely impress the general 'audiophile' population.  If you want however the best (tasting) sound
from your audio system and don't care what majority of the audiophile population thinks, buy what satisfy you.  I suggest to use your ears and not the eyes (to look into the brands).

;D  ;D  ;D
Anti PDVD Malware (STUP1Ds & F0OLs)

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #364 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 01:46 PM »
I'm not an owner (hope soon to be) but anybody can help me find slightly used Acoustimass 7. Somebody want to upgrade their bose? PLs. PM me your price. Thanks for reading.
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #365 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 02:05 PM »

I think Synchro_01 knows BOSE has a HOLE. It is that you are not reading posts properly - BOSE do not have spectacular specs, and do not market audiophilia specs. They market cheap products, attractive to the moneyed market,and sells. Your "bingi" post is not in place!

"They market cheap products, attractive to the moneyed market..."   :o ??? ???

Offline shotgun

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Noob
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #366 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 02:16 PM »
It's really a 'Lifestyle' brand. Same way someone buys a Vertu phone for $5,000 just because he likes how it looks, even though it's a basic phone.

Just a question though: If I was really picky on size and is thinking to get the bose acoustimas.. are there other options that are just as small and sound similar/better without the high price tag?
+63917-8261578

Offline JFBagadiong

• Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #367 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 03:12 PM »

How do you want your coffee Mr. JFBagadiong? blacker? sweeter? creamier? So what defines a good taste in coffee?  ???

I think you are the one that do not understand what you are saying ... that taste is dictated by an individual preferences - and not an imposed taste standard by another person to another person.

P.S. I know of hardcore audiophiles (undefined term?) just using full range in their audio rig - not 20 to 20khz - and I dont see a problem why they cant be called an audiophile - and that they have such a poor taste in music listening!  ???  ???  ???

SO you call youre self "audiophile" eventhough you dont know what's the meaning of it? sige tagalugin ko na baka mahirapan kapa intindihin ito iho,... "Audiophile" eh hindi mo alam ang ibig sabihin nito? "kape" pa kaya? bata ka pa nga siguro mahirap ka patulan dahil napaka immature mo pag dating sa ganitong bagay... haggang ganyan ka na lang ba? wala kang definition sa field na pinapasok mo, dapat siguro mag aral at magkaroon kapa ng expirience, bago ka makipag usap sa ganitong level dahil mahirap bumaba sa level mo... period!!!   
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2005 at 03:18 PM by JFBagadiong »

Offline Abad Santos 7

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #368 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 03:19 PM »
Hey Gentlemen,

Just hold your horses.  This trend should be information sharing and not
a "Contest" whose the best audiophile in the.....

Peace... :) :) :)

Offline ganicru

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #369 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 03:28 PM »
OO nga mga bro. If somebody needs sympathy and condolences that you feel you were sacked by any brand,,Go somewhere else.  Basta kami happy sa Bose! and fortunately we don't share your sentiments. Who is immature now!
Panasonic PV70
Bose acoustimass 7, vcs10, mdl100x3
Velodyne CHT 8R
Kenwood KRF X9090D
Sony BDP S

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #370 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 03:29 PM »
It's really a 'Lifestyle' brand. Same way someone buys a Vertu phone for $5,000 just because he likes how it looks, even though it's a basic phone.

Just a question though: If I was really picky on size and is thinking to get the bose acoustimas.. are there other options that are just as small and sound similar/better without the high price tag?

There are.  I believe there's a Klipsch model.  There's even a cube Monitor Audio I just saw yesterday at Spectra.  At the other end of the price scale,  you'd be surprised that those generic brands like Xenon have copied the accoustimas cube style almost to a T and sounds just like them, at a mere tenth of the price.  

Offline hattori_hanzo

• DVD Guru
  • LOUD and CLEAR! Mabuhay ang mga PCCian na bagets!
  • Liked:
« Reply #371 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 03:36 PM »

aHobbit ikaw siguro dapat ang magbasa ng mga previous post, dahil obviously you dont keep tracked of it.

Mr. JFBagadiong is not against BOSE infact he even posted some good BOSE speakers from Japan, if you keep a close look at the situation, he's very particular in the BOSE missing numbers which will greatly affect the performance when the sound arrived at your ears so defining it ang noticing what's there and whats not and as much as possible defining the full 100% spectrum of sound make's you qualify as a true "audiophile", because for the fact he know's how to define what frequency is missing by merely lisiting to the speakers it self. If your an average listener and dont notice any difference between BOSE and JBL when you audition them that makes you just an average listener, but when you research and took it seriouly that field of study (eg. acoustics) then I can say you really can be define as an "Audiophile".

and please stick to the topic, hindi sa mga philosopong comments mo...
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Pipho (pinoy photography) member

Offline hattori_hanzo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #372 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 03:47 PM »
OO nga mga bro. If somebody needs sympathy and condolences that you feel you were sacked by any brand,,Go somewhere else.  Basta kami happy sa Bose! and fortunately we don't share your sentiments. Who is immature now!

Well at least your enjoying your BOSE, how do you compare the performance of your BOSE against other similar speakers like JBL, Def Tech, etc etc... can you tell us the superiority of your BOSE? sa iyong opinion lang naman...

para naman makatulong sa mga balak bumili ng BOSE in the future...
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Offline dhoyax

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #373 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 04:02 PM »
im glad to see this forum.............im a bose fanatic also.....so far wala akong comment sa Bose as long as you know the proper set-up. right now i have the acoustimass 16 which i purchased in hong kong 2 years ago..........so far so good.

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #374 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 04:04 PM »
I think being happy with a system is different from saying that it is superior. The links provided I think is enough for someone to have an idea of what to expect from a bose system, aside from the fact of actually hearing it. The topic of what an audiophile is should be discussed on a spearate thread. One thing i've learned is to respect each other's choices, as long as they are informed its up to them if they want to stick with what they have...its their choice.

« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2005 at 04:04 PM by john5479 »

Offline dhoyax

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #375 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 04:08 PM »
Well at least your enjoying your BOSE, how do you compare the performance of your BOSE against other similar speakers like JBL, Def Tech, etc etc... can you tell us the superiority of your BOSE? sa iyong opinion lang naman...

f u compare similar wattage of bose & JBL.....this s my assestment 100% bose & 85% JBL for sounds quality.....but for price medyo mahal lang talaga ang bose

Offline dhoyax

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #376 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 04:28 PM »
Just curious lang po. Meron na bang nagkamaling i derekta yung cube speakers sa ampli/receiver? I know that the manual says that you shouldn't do it. Matagal ko nang gustong gawin pero sayang kung masisira. The way i see it its either puputok yung cube speaker o lalalabas yung totoong tunog nung cubes kapag wala yung bass module nya.

i try this experiment before.......hindi naman puputok ang speaker mo.......but der s a possibility na puputok sya kung mas malakas (watts) ang AV receiver mo kaysa sa speaker mo.........pero huwag mo ng subukan dahil hindi rin maganda ang kinalalabasan ng sounds at safe pa ang cube speaker mo.

Offline ganicru

• Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #377 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 04:43 PM »

Well I'm not an expert but I had a short chance of hearing the brands you mentioned before taking home my Bose,it only took time for me to raise the budget but my final decision is I WANT BOSE!
Panasonic PV70
Bose acoustimass 7, vcs10, mdl100x3
Velodyne CHT 8R
Kenwood KRF X9090D
Sony BDP S

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #378 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 05:20 PM »
I think being happy with a system is different from saying that it is superior. The links provided I think is enough for someone to have an idea of what to expect from a bose system, aside from the fact of actually hearing it. The topic of what an audiophile is should be discussed on a spearate thread. One thing i've learned is to respect each other's choices, as long as they are informed its up to them if they want to stick with what they have...its their choice.

I agree, being informed and still insisting on your choice is a personal call.  I can understand members like JFBagadiong, who after learning their mistakes, would like to share it with fellow members for their enlightenment.   Take it or leave it.  Can't blame him for tryng.

Actually, I am a bit surprised that there's a loud following of Bose accoustimas and lifestyle products in this forum.   Those internet sites about Bose linked in some posts here are quite old.   BOSE-bashing has become a divertisement among serous audiophiles as they consider this product and its pricing a real JOKE.   ;D

The topic of what an audiophile is can be seen as relevant in the discussion.  That's when you consider if the Bose accoustimas, with its 13khz bandwidth and a -10db deviation in some places, is audiophile-grade or not.  I  don't think so.  But maybe another thread is in order. 
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2005 at 07:40 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline john5479

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #379 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 07:12 PM »
I don't think i would call bose acoustimass audiophile grade as well. And although the links are quite old, the "newer" acoustimass modules aren't that much different.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2005 at 07:14 PM by john5479 »

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #380 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 07:37 PM »
I don't think i would call bose acoustimass audiophile grade as well. And although the links are quite old, the "newer" acoustimass modules aren't that much different.

Yup, they're not.  When I said those links were old, I had thought people would by now be informed of the pitfalls of going the Bose path.  But obviously there are many who still do.   I don't know how people define what  audiophile-grade appliances are.  But anything with a mere 13khz bandwidth is definitely not one of them. 
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2005 at 07:43 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline hattori_hanzo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #381 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 12:15 AM »
For those who happen to audition Def tech procinema 60 and BOSE AM15...

BOSE challenge - Def Tech Pro 60 vs AM15

Who do you think performs better? sonic performance? built? timbre mathing? etc etc...

Give your best defense...   
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Offline hattori_hanzo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #382 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 12:21 AM »

from the "bingi" post...

Sir you've already auditioned speakers like JBL, Def Tech, B&W...etc...etc...then still the most speaker that impressed you was BOSE that produces only 13.3 khz? what do you call that?.... total audible hearing?
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1002
« Reply #383 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 09:13 AM »

hanns1976

please read this post of john5479.  I do hope you understand what he means. choosing one brand over another isnt an indication that one brand is superior over the other...its all a matter of personal choice and respecting one's choice. If you cannot comprehend what he means by his post then I guess its you who has a problem.

Happy with my Bose? for its application (sala BGM music/cocktails) yes. Im happy with what it can do but I do know its limitations.  If I were to have only one system then I guess it wont be a Bose due to its inherent limitations that you and JFB has mentioned all throughout this thread but thank God im blessed with having other systems at my disposal that i really like as well and can blow away the Bose to high heavens (even Def techs, JBL's too... ;D).  its all just a matter of what I want to listen to. 

Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline s2kov

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #384 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 10:18 AM »
mabilis ang takbo ng thread na toh! ;D

Offline scofield

• Collector
  • Hi boss!
  • Liked:
« Reply #385 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 11:10 AM »
ito ang debate! sana pag nakahrap harap kayo wag sana kayo mag suntukan....

wala akong bose o kahit na anong magagarang audio equipment. nakiki home theater lang ako sa friend ko..

pansin ko lang hindi kayo ngkakaintindihan. cguro nga mga audiophile kayong lahat pero wala sa inyo ang marunong mag basa ng maayos. meron dito yung ngbigay ng hint na nakapag design na siya ng mga acoustic room o anu pa man yun, magaling nga sya cguro pero hindi pa rin sya marunong makinig...makinig sa mga sinasabi ng iba, basta gusto nya ang maririnig lang nya yung sarili nya.

meron din dito yung pro-bose, mahusay sya magpaliwanag. mas naiintindihan ko point nya. nirerespeto ko sya pero may sadyang ayaw magpatalo sa kanya. ang sinasabi lang naman nya ay PARA SA KANYA/SA SARILI NYA hindi nya sinasabing gayahin mo, paniwalaan mo maganada ang AM ng bose. Hindi nga rin nya sinabi na ito na ang the best. sabi nga nya pang easy listening lang nya ito, at meron syang ibang set-up for rockrockan.

pansin ko rin na may sabat ng sabat hindi naman ata nag babasa ng mga previous post na pampagulo lang kay hanssolo at johncussack...hehehe peace

respeto lang yan....

Subjective daw itong hobby na ito ibig sabihin, maaring ang gusto ko at maganda para sa akin ay hindi mo gusto at pangit para sa iyo. pero hindi kita pipilitin na gustuhin mo yung gusto ko, walang nmimilit sa iyo d ba?

hindi ako pabor sa bose, pero sa debateng ito mas sensible ang mga pro-bose. mas malawak ang pang unawa nila. para sa akin hindi sila ang isip bata/makikitid ang utak. mas relaks sila hindi sila napipikon. pinapakita lng nil n confident sila sa mga sinasabi nila. at kung bata nga sila, natural lang na hindi papayag ang matatanda na matalo ng isang btang paslit sa isang debateng tulad nito.
Proud user of AVR135

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #386 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 11:42 AM »
Interesting to look back at the earlier thread on BOSE.  Meron pala.  I think there's another previous to this but may have been taken out in the earlier upgardes of the forum.

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=5037.0

This was started mid 2002.  The issues against Bose have not really changed at all.
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2005 at 11:44 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline rony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • didyital rules!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 58
« Reply #387 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 11:44 AM »
mabilis ang takbo ng thread na toh! ;D

Andy meron din ako dati na BOSE 2nd hand dyan pa sa clark ko nabili.  :D

Offline john5479

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #388 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 12:15 PM »
Interesting to look back at the earlier thread on BOSE.  Meron pala.  I think there's another previous to this but may have been taken out in the earlier upgardes of the forum.

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=5037.0

This was started mid 2002.  The issues against Bose have not really changed at all.

true, same issues, same arguments.

Offline aldrinpsx

• DVD Guru
  • Region 1 fanatic!!!!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #389 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 12:32 PM »
One Word.... RESPECT.

peace!!!!!