Author Topic: power cable  (Read 14158 times)

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: power cable
« Reply #90 on: Jan 04, 2013 at 11:07 AM »
There is always you to tell us that they are not true.... But then again you can always tell us what you think, who is there to tell us that what you say is correct?
At least they have a company to back their claims....

did i ever comment that it is true or false? truth is whatever you find it to be, your truth is all that need to matter to you........i am just merely saying that there is another way of looking at things...

a lot of that will depend on your educational experience, your line of work and circumstances in life.... ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2013 at 11:08 AM by TonyT »
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Jan 04, 2013 at 11:14 AM »
they are pointing out that their power cables can deliver 200 amps (44,000 watts at 220 volts) within 15 microseconds, twice the speed of what other cables can.

ang tanong, can the typical house wiring match that ampacity and speed?  ;D ;D ;D

or that do you ever really need it? :D there are those that are easily impressed, maybe because they can not know any different.....

any cable rated for 12 amps does not suddenly stop conducting current at say 12.1amps, no sirree ;D.....

the same can be said of any other cable, not only shunyata cables....the 200amps is current intensity, duration in milliseconds, the energy content is so small......other cables can do that also.....it is not unique to shunyata....

so i wonder, what is the relevance of that advertising in a typical home setting....except to generate sales....
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2013 at 11:31 AM by TonyT »
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline timber715

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • join us at www.cab1net.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #92 on: Jan 04, 2013 at 11:40 AM »
Most will probably not need those wires to run a transitor radio no. But, it does point out that the wires they use can respond fast enough when the equipment needs it, hence the difference in performance.
Most people would be fine with a cheap electrical tester, but some want fluke or sanwa for that matter. Does it matter? Yes, bec accuracy is important for some people. And accuracy is what classifies average from excellent. Now why would anyone need a thin wire like shunyata's when you can go to ace hardware or electrical store and get a regular wire? I guess education plays a big factor there, or does it? Depends on how you view the world I guess.
I don't have big bucks, but I do know how to save for what I like... Like tools and yes audio gears. I am sure you do spend more on some things too more than average. Perhaps on education of children or on food or on electrical parts and equipment. Why? Bec you want the best you can get for them or yourself. Now if you want everything to be ordinary its up to you. Me, I try to buy the best that I can afford.... Bec I like to be above ordinary. But that's just me.
I do understand that not everyone can spend on things like this and I respect that, there is more important things in life for others to spend their money on.
Bottomline is if you think it helps you get to where you need to be, go for it. If you think its a waste of money don't. Just remember that we are all going to different places in different ways. I respect you and I ask the same from you.
Cheers

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Jan 04, 2013 at 12:00 PM »
i have 2 Fluke 87's and 2 other low cost testers, i am fine with either of them....

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Jan 04, 2013 at 12:04 PM »
i have 2 Fluke 87's and 2 other low cost testers, i am fine with either of them....
;D ;D ;D O0

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Jan 04, 2013 at 12:16 PM »
Tony, I really believe that you are good enough to make something you can call your own. Something that could bear your name that no one else can claim from you. Perhaps and amplifier or maybe a Dac (that would be nice). Implement a new design, it would not be easy but it could make you live forever... I challenge you.
cheers and happy new year!

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Jan 04, 2013 at 12:23 PM »
Tony, I really believe that you are good enough to make something you can call your own. Something that could bear your name that no one else can claim from you. Perhaps and amplifier or maybe a Dac (that would be nice). Implement a new design, it would not be easy but it could make you live forever... I challenge you.
cheers and happy new year!

thanks.....i have them in sight.....too many ideas that needs to see fruition.....happy new year too!!!