Author Topic: LCR Wall Mounted for HT and Music: Pros and Cons  (Read 565 times)

Offline gunslinger

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
LCR Wall Mounted for HT and Music: Pros and Cons
« on: Nov 22, 2012 at 10:05 AM »
Hi All,

Is it advisable to wall mount the LCR for an HT set-up? If yes, what's the best value for money brand that can be used for this purpose?

Are wall mounted speakers also good for stereo listening?

My wife saw my curious 1 year old daughter last night climbing the rack that serves as my TV stand and where my other HT gears are located in our bedroom set-up. I'm thankful that she got in time to pick her up but its now an accident waiting to happen.

I already have plans to wall mount the TV and another shelf for the center speaker and other gears but not the fronts. The incident made me reconsider if mounting the fronts could also be an option.

I am currently using 2 BS for my fronts with stands but mounting it may not be an options since its back ported.
I can stop speaking but I cannot so easily silence my thoughts...

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
Re: LCR Wall Mounted for HT and Music: Pros and Cons
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2012 at 10:17 AM »
Naka stands din ako dati. But the reason kung bakit ako nag wall mount dati is para less clutter because hiwalay ang speakers ko for HT and music. Masmalinis tignan. Ang catch lang is hiding the wires properly. Ideally, dapat hindi magvibrate ang speakers when wall mounted para lahat ng energy would be translated to music.

Try mo yun Pinpoint brand nila Audio Exellence. Or meron din sa mga Ace Hardware etc.

Offline gunslinger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2012 at 11:24 AM »
Will do master. Thanks. Also looking at a false wall to hide the cables just in case. Medyo mahal kasi yung in-wall speakers so looking for other options.

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2012 at 11:32 AM »
also planning to mount mine. less clutter is also the primary reason. we're more critical with music so i'll reserve the stands for that purpose.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2012 at 01:47 PM »
Will do master. Thanks. Also looking at a false wall to hide the cables just in case. Medyo mahal kasi yung in-wall speakers so looking for other options.

Before sa sala ko, ceiling mounted yun fronts and center ko. Masmasarap kasi manuod when you don't see your speakers. Mas-moviehouse ang dating. Ang set back lang ng ceilling mount, medjo mataas ang "image" ng sound mo. My wife and kids don't mind naman. Ngayon in my current room, literally nakatago na ang speakers ko except for the BS for music.

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 975
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2012 at 05:33 AM »
have two HT set ups that are wall mounted. One is a Definitive Mythos set up for the bedroom and the other one an Altec Lansing THX LCR Trio for the main rig.

pro
- neat factor. less clutter specially if your monitor is also wall mounted
- you can mount the speakers higher than usual vs custom made stands which is an added expense

con
- to get the neat factor the wires must be hidden as well and that takes pre-planning for the channels or ingenious ways of hiding the wires.. if its just a stand mount the wires may be left naked (as is...dangling on the speaker).

just recently I decided to stand mount the Altecs because it is rear ported and I need the added response in the low end. when it was wall mounted the ports were plugged with a bung.

for Music I do not prefer wall mounted speakers. the speakers I use for Music needs to be positioned  away from the walls by a certain distance to sound its best in reproducing the proper imaging and sounstage.
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2012 at 05:37 AM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline gunslinger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2012 at 07:46 AM »
Thanks for sharing your experiences. Still in discussion with wifey on our options. But now, I am leaning towards wall mounting the speakers for HT and move my audio rig in the living room so I could still use the stands. My kids prefer watching movies in our bedroom anyway even if we have a bigger display donwstairs.