Author Topic: UNDECIDED: Samsung UA-32EH5300 vs. LG 32LS5700  (Read 26736 times)

Offline nookii

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
UNDECIDED: Samsung UA-32EH5300 vs. LG 32LS5700
« on: Nov 24, 2012 at 08:19 PM »
Hi PinoyDVD Experts,

I saw this LG 32LS5700 on malls and caught my attention.
Smart TV, Built-in WiFi Connectivity, Magic Remote.
for 21,800.00

This made me compare with my choice Samsung UA-32EH5300
Full HD, Direct LED, Smart TV, Excellent Picture Quality.
for 21,300.00

I need expert advise here.

Thank you in Advance!
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2012 at 08:40 PM by nicoluat12 »

Offline nookii

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
Re: UNDECIDED: Samsung UA-32EH5300 vs. LG 32LS5700
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2012 at 03:36 AM »
Hi PDVD Experts,

I need your expert advise po sa pagdecide.

Thank you in advance.

Offline cnn

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2012 at 07:33 AM »
Both are good brands...

But samsung has longer warranty for LED and LCD units (2years)...  Not sure of LG's warranty duration...

I suggest you do side by side comparison to view PQ of these 2 units...

I'd get Samsung...  ;)  FULL HD LED is a good choice.

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2012 at 09:13 AM »
^ Full HD LED din yung LG LS5700 and 2 years warranty din. O0

@nicoluat12

You're in luck. I owned the EH5300 before I switched to LS5700. The switch was a great decision! I thought I already had an awesome tv with the EH5300 but I started looking for the soap opera effect I saw in malls. It didn't have SOE. Although the quality is good, it felt like it was almost a low-end tv. Medjo plastic yung overall feel ng EH5300.

Ok naman Smart features ng EH5300. It paired seamlessly with my Galaxy Note. I could stream videos from my phone to the TV via Smart Connect/Smart Share. As for PQ and Sound, ok din. Very decent yung EH5300. Very vivid yung colors out of the box. Of course, a lot of "experts" would praise EH5300 more due to its direct array backlight arrangement vs the LS5700's EDGE lit LED but do not let that deter you from the LS5700.

The LS5700 has a premium feel to it. Maybe it's because of it's svelt, slim figure compared to the EH5300's fatboy figure (well, relatively fat. it's still slim based on the current standard). The PQ out of the box is dull, so you really have to tweak it first before you can get great PQ. But no worries because the Picture Wizard II will help you get the perfect settings that you prefer. It has a lot of options for tweaking because it has an ISFexpert mode which can be tweaked by...well, experts. EH5300 does not have this mode. The Smart features are way better than that of the EH5300's. It already has a lot of built-in apps, compared to the EH5300 wherein you'll have to download the apps to your USB (so that's 1 less USB Slot for you) before you can use the apps. For the LS5700, the Smart apps can be accessed right away. But really, you won't be using them if you already have those apps on android or you use your laptop. It's just nice to know that you can access youtube, twitter and facebook right away from your TV.

The LS5700 comes with two types of remote control (at least mine did) - the Magic Motion remote and your standard remote. The Magic Motion remote is like a Wii controller. When you use it, a mouse-like pointer comes out and you can direct it to the clickable areas of the screen. I find it useful when I'm streaming a movie from my laptop HDD or from my External HDD via USB port because it allows you to click to a particular portion of the movie/video you're watching.

As for the standard remote of the LS5700, it has a good feel to it. EH5300's remote control also has a good feel to it. The LS5700 remote can be used as a remote control for your PS3 or other media player as long as it can be interconnected via Simplink. I use it to double as a PS3 remote and it's great. :D You can also use your Android or Apple phone as a remote control for both Samsung and LG tvs. I wasn't able to test the samsung android remote app but for the LG app, it's great. I can do screen captures when I'm watching tv.

One of the things to consider here as well is the option to turn on motion interpolation (Soap Opera Effect). This one, you have to see for yourself before plunging in. But!!! because the price of both tv sets are almost the same (mas expensive pa yung EH5300 if you buy the dongle for its wi-fi), I suggest you go for the LG tv. Because even if you decide that you don't like the Soap Opera Effect, you have the option to turn it off. Whereas, if you pick the Samsung tv and you decide you want the Soap Opera Effect, you won't have the option to turn it on because EH5300 lacks Motion Interpolation feature.

Conclusion ko:

Go for LS5700.

More points to tip you over to buying the LG set:

*more HDMI ports
*more USB ports
*Built-in wifi. no need for a dongle, unlike EH5300 na bibili ka pa ng Php1,000 dongle
*120hz vs 60hz
*swivel stand
*slimmer bezel
*great DLNA connectivity via Plex Media Server(it shows synopsis of your movies on your media server)

« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2012 at 09:29 AM by the_w0rks »

Offline nookii

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM »
Thank you Sir sa comment. :)

I think i have to audition it side by side. :)

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM »
Thank you Sir sa comment. :)

I think i have to audition it side by side. :)

Happy to help! Make sure to bring your favorite test video, preferrably a non animated video but should be HD material para ok talaga.

Offline zankuro

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • cloud!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2012 at 02:24 PM »
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2012 at 03:41 PM by zankuro »

Offline house_rn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2012 at 04:50 PM »

@nicoluat12

You're in luck. I owned the EH5300 before I switched to LS5700. The switch was a great decision! I thought I already had an awesome tv with the EH5300 but I started looking for the soap opera effect I saw in malls. It didn't have SOE. Although the quality is good, it felt like it was almost a low-end tv. Medjo plastic yung overall feel ng EH5300.

Ok naman Smart features ng EH5300. It paired seamlessly with my Galaxy Note. I could stream videos from my phone to the TV via Smart Connect/Smart Share. As for PQ and Sound, ok din. Very decent yung EH5300. Very vivid yung colors out of the box. Of course, a lot of "experts" would praise EH5300 more due to its direct array backlight arrangement vs the LS5700's EDGE lit LED but do not let that deter you from the LS5700.

The LS5700 has a premium feel to it. Maybe it's because of it's svelt, slim figure compared to the EH5300's fatboy figure (well, relatively fat. it's still slim based on the current standard). The PQ out of the box is dull, so you really have to tweak it first before you can get great PQ. But no worries because the Picture Wizard II will help you get the perfect settings that you prefer. It has a lot of options for tweaking because it has an ISFexpert mode which can be tweaked by...well, experts. EH5300 does not have this mode. The Smart features are way better than that of the EH5300's. It already has a lot of built-in apps, compared to the EH5300 wherein you'll have to download the apps to your USB (so that's 1 less USB Slot for you) before you can use the apps. For the LS5700, the Smart apps can be accessed right away. But really, you won't be using them if you already have those apps on android or you use your laptop. It's just nice to know that you can access youtube, twitter and facebook right away from your TV.

The LS5700 comes with two types of remote control (at least mine did) - the Magic Motion remote and your standard remote. The Magic Motion remote is like a Wii controller. When you use it, a mouse-like pointer comes out and you can direct it to the clickable areas of the screen. I find it useful when I'm streaming a movie from my laptop HDD or from my External HDD via USB port because it allows you to click to a particular portion of the movie/video you're watching.

As for the standard remote of the LS5700, it has a good feel to it. EH5300's remote control also has a good feel to it. The LS5700 remote can be used as a remote control for your PS3 or other media player as long as it can be interconnected via Simplink. I use it to double as a PS3 remote and it's great. :D You can also use your Android or Apple phone as a remote control for both Samsung and LG tvs. I wasn't able to test the samsung android remote app but for the LG app, it's great. I can do screen captures when I'm watching tv.

One of the things to consider here as well is the option to turn on motion interpolation (Soap Opera Effect). This one, you have to see for yourself before plunging in. But!!! because the price of both tv sets are almost the same (mas expensive pa yung EH5300 if you buy the dongle for its wi-fi), I suggest you go for the LG tv. Because even if you decide that you don't like the Soap Opera Effect, you have the option to turn it off. Whereas, if you pick the Samsung tv and you decide you want the Soap Opera Effect, you won't have the option to turn it on because EH5300 lacks Motion Interpolation feature.

Conclusion ko:

Go for LS5700.

More points to tip you over to buying the LG set:

*more HDMI ports
*more USB ports
*Built-in wifi. no need for a dongle, unlike EH5300 na bibili ka pa ng Php1,000 dongle
*120hz vs 60hz
*swivel stand
*slimmer bezel
*great DLNA connectivity via Plex Media Server(it shows synopsis of your movies on your media server)

There you go. Great insight chief

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2012 at 05:08 PM »
I read at rtings.com that Samsung cheats in the 120Hz refresh rate in their sets. It's really 60Hz lang daw then the "cheating" part comes in another part which compensates for the additional refresh rate.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2012 at 07:59 AM »
I read at rtings.com that Samsung cheats in the 120Hz refresh rate in their sets. It's really 60Hz lang daw then the "cheating" part comes in another part which compensates for the additional refresh rate.

very true. but it's not limited to Samsung alone. TV makers have coined their own proprietary terms for their marketing gimmicks. Clear Motion Rate (Samsung), Trumotion and Motion Clarity Index (LG), Motionflow (Sony), etc. These terms do not represent the actual refresh rate. They are mere gimmicks to fool the consumers into believing they are getting a premium tv when in fact, normal refresh rate lang pala. Take for example the Samsung EH5300, if I remember correctly 100hz CMR yata nakaindicate. But the real refresh rate is 60hz. Very misleading. For the LG LS5700 naman, 120hz trumotion but, I think, 100hz lang real refresh rate.

It's something that needs to be controlled and standardized dapat measurement ng refresh rate hindi yung may kanya-kanyang proprietary terms to fool the consumers. pero so far, Samsung may pinakabogus computation for CMR para lang tumaas yung hz count nila. They even had me fooled. haha

Offline ronnel0918

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2012 at 08:20 AM »
I, too, am confuse between these two. I think it's an LG. :)

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2012 at 08:31 AM »
very true. but it's not limited to Samsung alone. TV makers have coined their own proprietary terms for their marketing gimmicks. Clear Motion Rate (Samsung), Trumotion and Motion Clarity Index (LG), Motionflow (Sony), etc. These terms do not represent the actual refresh rate. They are mere gimmicks to fool the consumers into believing they are getting a premium tv when in fact, normal refresh rate lang pala. Take for example the Samsung EH5300, if I remember correctly 100hz CMR yata nakaindicate. But the real refresh rate is 60hz. Very misleading. For the LG LS5700 naman, 120hz trumotion but, I think, 100hz lang real refresh rate.

It's something that needs to be controlled and standardized dapat measurement ng refresh rate hindi yung may kanya-kanyang proprietary terms to fool the consumers. pero so far, Samsung may pinakabogus computation for CMR para lang tumaas yung hz count nila. They even had me fooled. haha

The Clear Motion Rate (CMR) is a made-up number invented by Samsung to qualify how a TV can reduce the appearance of motion blur. The refresh rate alone is not a perfect representation of the motion blur, so they added on top of it the backlight and processor speed.

While it is true that the refresh rate is not the best representation of the motion blur, Samsung is misleading the customers because it usually only displays the CMR in its specifications instead of the real panel refresh rate. This inflated number makes the comparison across brands harder to do.

The table above converts Samsung's Clear Motion Rate (CMR) into the real panel refresh rate, so you can better compare it to televisions of other brands. The upgrade from a 240 CMR to 480 is not worth it, because it is still the same actual panel refresh rate of 120 Hz. A Clear Motion Rate of 720, 840 and 960 all have the same real refresh rate of 240 Hz, so you will not really notice a difference between them in term of movement resolution.

Source: http://www.rtings.com/info/what-is-the-refresh-rate

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 468
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2012 at 01:47 PM »
Thanks for all the info you provided "the_works" and "Quitacet"

My mind is set on getting the LG 42LS5700 in a few days. However, I have a few questions before I pull the trigger on this one:

Prone ba sa back light bleeding 'yun LS5700?

What signs of defects should I look for when buying this TV?

May testing pattern ba para dito?

TIA  ;)

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Nov 27, 2012 at 02:28 PM »
Thanks for all the info you provided "the_works" and "Quitacet"

My mind is set on getting the LG 42LS5700 in a few days. However, I have a few questions before I pull the trigger on this one:

Prone ba sa back light bleeding 'yun LS5700?

What signs of defects should I look for when buying this TV?

May testing pattern ba para dito?

TIA  ;)

Bring a set of images in solid colors (1920 x1080p). You can do this in MS Paint. Tapos save mo sa usb flashdrive, gamitin mo pangtest for dead pixel. Pause mo sa bawat kulay para makita mo kung may dead or stuck pixel ang screen. Mahalaga na iba't ibang kulay dahil a stuck pixel can come in different colors. This way tyak lalabas maging puti man siya o itim.

Kung edge-lit ang TV mas prone sa bleeding or clouding. Makikita mo yan kung bukas yung TV sa madilim na lugar. tapos using the same set of images (lalo yung black or dark colors), ifix mo sa image tapos look at the screen, kelangan pantay ang ilaw/liwanag sa buong screen at walang parts na parang mas maliwanag kesa sa ibang parts.

Di ko sure sa mga bagong LG TV ngayon pero sa model ng tv ko, when you press Home/Menu button, tapos press REd or Green yata sa remote (makikita mo sa baba ng screen yung color for another option) lalabas ang menu for looking at the usage time/hours of the TV. Kelangan mababa pa kung bago yan. Kung nasa hundreds na yan, malamang display model yan being sold as bnew fresh out of the box. Kumbaga sa kotse, look at the mileage.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 468
« Reply #14 on: Nov 27, 2012 at 04:11 PM »
^ TY, Sir. Very informative.

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Nov 27, 2012 at 04:22 PM »
^ TY, Sir. Very informative.

You are welcome.

The good thing about LG is hindi sasakit ang ulo mo sa pagpapawarranty in case magkaproblema ka sa TV.

Offline zankuro

• Collector
  • cloud!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Nov 28, 2012 at 01:15 AM »
ok pala ang LG 42LS5700, pwede mo ON or OFF motion interpolation

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Nov 28, 2012 at 11:27 AM »
ok pala ang LG 42LS5700, pwede mo ON or OFF motion interpolation

Yep! pwede. If ayaw sa Motion Interpolation  (SOE), off mo lang. If gusto, simple, turn it on. For me, it's always on...except when I'm playing video games though kasi dapat Game Mode yung tv para walang input lag.

Offline garter26

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Nov 29, 2012 at 11:15 AM »
Planning to purchase a 32" TV.
Torn between LG 32 Ls5700
and
Samsung 32EH5000. But I've
found out that you will not
noticed the difference
between
720p and a full hd 1080p on a
32" TV. Now, Should I go for a
cheaper Samsung HD ready
32EH4000 instead? What LG
model is the counterpart?
Should i settle for hd ready
nlang ba? please
help.. TY!

Offline ana.pereira2011

• Collector
  • "He who does not economize will have to agonize"
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Nov 29, 2012 at 11:43 PM »
SONY KDL EX650 is better go to ansons magalanes i was able to buy it for 31.5K pinagpilian ko yung dalawa na gusto mo pero theres nothing like sony wag ka basta basta maniwala sa forums believe me dito sa pdvd hindi lahat ng comments totoo dont bse your decision  by plain forums kasi i think maraming bias say sa pdvd obvius na maka LG and SAMSUNG but think outside the box when you say sony may reputation

KDL EX350 after buying this parang tinamad na ako mag Overtime i have been enjoying it for two weeks

go to ay store view lg over sony > mas maganda sony

compare sony and samsung big simmilarities

basta no regrets and to tell you before buyinng iba pa rin ang sony and PS iba pa rin pag sa ABENSONS, SM Appliance or ANSONS bumili

nakasisisguro kang bago i bought tv insights and sounds very obvious yung binigay sa akin not new

may ibang amoy yung mga bagong tv when you buy it

puedeng tumawad sa ANSONS or Abensons with something like 2 difference and BRANDNEW ung mabibili mo is lot beneficial in the long run makakamura ka nga sa ibang store but PS there are not brnad new

believe me i sawthe guy na pinipraise sa pdvd buying tvs in ANSONS nakawalang tiwalasiya

To earn what you can; spend what you must; give what you should, and save the rest—this is thrift.”

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1462
« Reply #20 on: Nov 30, 2012 at 12:04 AM »
wag ka basta basta maniwala sa forums believe me dito sa pdvd hindi lahat ng comments totoo dont bse your decision  by plain forums kasi i think maraming bias say sa pdvd obvius na maka LG and SAMSUNG but think outside the box when you say sony may reputation

yes,i agree.after the comments and advice that you will get here,it will still come to what you will like between your choices. iyo pa din ang final decision.

i dont think biased ang mga opinions ng mga tao dito. we all give out as much as we can from personal experience and demo's we did kaya we give out our advice based on those things.

siguro mas marami ang population sa forum na ito ng naka Samsung,LG or other brands kaysa sa Sony but that doesnt mean inferior na sa paningin ng lahat ang Sony products.

ikaw nga, you shared how much you loved the TV you bought like what you just posted. ibig sabihin ba nyan biased ka na sa brand na yan?

Offline zankuro

• Collector
  • cloud!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Nov 30, 2012 at 12:37 AM »
SONY KDL EX650 is better go to ansons magalanes i was able to buy it for 31.5K pinagpilian ko yung dalawa na gusto mo pero theres nothing like sony wag ka basta basta maniwala sa forums believe me dito sa pdvd hindi lahat ng comments totoo dont bse your decision  by plain forums kasi i think maraming bias say sa pdvd obvius na maka LG and SAMSUNG but think outside the box when you say sony may reputation

KDL EX350 after buying this parang tinamad na ako mag Overtime i have been enjoying it for two weeks

basta no regrets and to tell you before buyinng iba pa rin ang sony and PS iba pa rin pag sa ABENSONS, SM Appliance or ANSONS bumili

nakasisisguro kang bago i bought tv insights and sounds very obvious yung binigay sa akin not new

puedeng tumawad sa ANSONS or Abensons with something like 2 difference and BRANDNEW ung mabibili mo is lot beneficial in the long run makakamura ka nga sa ibang store but PS there are not brnad new

believe me i sawthe guy na pinipraise sa pdvd buying tvs in ANSONS nakawalang tiwalasiya

Sa price po siguro kaya LG at Samsung lang lagi ang pinagpipilian
http://asia.cnet.com/product/sony-bravia-kdl-40ex650-40-inch-lcd-45896003.htm

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Nov 30, 2012 at 04:05 AM »

awww...but your suggestion sounds more biased than fair. It's easy to love your own TV just so you can avoid buyer's remorse. :p

Just kidding.

Anyway, I considered the EX650 but after watching this review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3YXMjLtGgY about it, i decided it would not be part of my choices. :)

Sabi sa review 50/60hz lang talaga siya na tv set. So no SOE. But you can correct me on that.  It also says it does not play MKV files. But I doubt that. Although I have heard that a lot of Sony TVs have lesser support for video file types. So might have to check on that fact.

For all its glory, Sony has been slowly declining. Samsung and LG are now at the top with Sony and Sharp playing second fiddle to the Korean brands. And this is not a biased take. This is a fact. But i do like Sony's Xreality engine. Very vibrant out of the box colors. But it's nothing that the LG can't match with proper tweaking of picture settings. :)

Offline hakudaten

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Nov 30, 2012 at 07:38 PM »
Galing daming natutunan dito just by reading ;-) I'm in quandary din kasi kung anong pipiliing tv na 32
"

Offline bugzy0509

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 10:55 PM »

@nicoluat12

Nice review sir!

I am new to HDTVs and I am planning to buy my first flat panel TV pag balik ko dyan sa Pinas. I have been  researching forums since August and have also narrowed down my options between the 42LS5700 and 40EH5300.  After reading your post, it made me like the 42LS5700 more. :) Its a bit hard to look for comments/reviews from people who actually owns this product....

Just like to ask if you have tried the Skype app? Basically, I like to know if could I just key in my existing FREE skype account and I could do regular PC-to-PC skype calls (PC-to-TV and vice versa for this case hehe) or is it something that needs PAID subscription?

Also, have you tried if any plug-and-play keyboard, mouse, web cam would work with it? I am planning kase to drop the magic remote and skype cam para maka discount ng konti... hehe

Thanks po in advance..
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2012 at 11:23 PM by bugzy0509 »

Offline bugzy0509

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 11:09 PM »
Bring a set of images in solid colors (1920 x1080p). You can do this in MS Paint. Tapos save mo sa usb flashdrive, gamitin mo pangtest for dead pixel. Pause mo sa bawat kulay para makita mo kung may dead or stuck pixel ang screen. Mahalaga na iba't ibang kulay dahil a stuck pixel can come in different colors. This way tyak lalabas maging puti man siya o itim.

Kung edge-lit ang TV mas prone sa bleeding or clouding. Makikita mo yan kung bukas yung TV sa madilim na lugar. tapos using the same set of images (lalo yung black or dark colors), ifix mo sa image tapos look at the screen, kelangan pantay ang ilaw/liwanag sa buong screen at walang parts na parang mas maliwanag kesa sa ibang parts.

Di ko sure sa mga bagong LG TV ngayon pero sa model ng tv ko, when you press Home/Menu button, tapos press REd or Green yata sa remote (makikita mo sa baba ng screen yung color for another option) lalabas ang menu for looking at the usage time/hours of the TV. Kelangan mababa pa kung bago yan. Kung nasa hundreds na yan, malamang display model yan being sold as bnew fresh out of the box. Kumbaga sa kotse, look at the mileage.

Very informative and helpful post sir! especially for people who knows nothing about LED/LCD/Plasma TVs like me.

Aside from looking for dead pixels, clouding, and bleeding, what else do I need to lookout for when auditioning a LED TV?

TIA!

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Dec 05, 2012 at 09:22 AM »
Nice review sir!

I am new to HDTVs and I am planning to buy my first flat panel TV pag balik ko dyan sa Pinas. I have been  researching forums since August and have also narrowed down my options between the 42LS5700 and 40EH5300.  After reading your post, it made me like the 42LS5700 more. :) Its a bit hard to look for comments/reviews from people who actually owns this product....

Just like to ask if you have tried the Skype app? Basically, I like to know if could I just key in my existing FREE skype account and I could do regular PC-to-PC skype calls (PC-to-TV and vice versa for this case hehe) or is it something that needs PAID subscription?

Also, have you tried if any plug-and-play keyboard, mouse, web cam would work with it? I am planning kase to drop the magic remote and skype cam para maka discount ng konti... hehe

Thanks po in advance..

I have not tried any of the Skype or keyboard connections but I have read comments regarding both. Gumagana yung Keyboard and mouse.  Not sure if sabay but separately, it's confirmed na gumagana. As for Skype, yes, parang normal skype lang, mas malaki lang screen mo. It's free. :)

** I got the magic motion remote for free. Kasama talaga siya. (it was not even indicated na kasama tapos pag tingin ko nasa loob siya ng box)

Yung skype cam ang separate. Hope this helps.

Offline bugzy0509

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Dec 05, 2012 at 10:10 AM »
I have not tried any of the Skype or keyboard connections but I have read comments regarding both. Gumagana yung Keyboard and mouse.  Not sure if sabay but separately, it's confirmed na gumagana. As for Skype, yes, parang normal skype lang, mas malaki lang screen mo. It's free. :)

** I got the magic motion remote for free. Kasama talaga siya. (it was not even indicated na kasama tapos pag tingin ko nasa loob siya ng box)

Yung skype cam ang separate. Hope this helps.

Thank you sir for that!

Wala kase LS5700  model dito sa China eh kaya never had the chance to personally check it out. Now I am even more excited to get this TV and I guess I can go get the skype cam na rin since madalas naman kami mag video call ng wife n kids ko.

Thank you again Sir!

Offline nayr12

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Dec 05, 2012 at 01:12 PM »
yung 32 and 42" same ba na 120hz panel? so far sa 42" ko lang nakita eh parang 120hz panel based sa demo sa glorietta.

Offline garter26

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Dec 06, 2012 at 10:24 PM »
hi, gumagana ba ang 120 hz motion interpolation ng LS5700? Kasi, last weekend, i went to ansons and auditioned the samsung 40eh5000 and the salesman said na gumagana lang ang 120hz if you are using hdmi and not the built in media player of the tv via usb, can someone verify this? Ty