Author Topic: My new TV Sony CX520 from LiS sale.  (Read 2346 times)

Offline darkentity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My new TV Sony CX520 from LiS sale.
« on: Dec 20, 2012 at 11:33 AM »
Got this TV yesterday from Listening in Style eastwood for 23k :) Very pleased with it. SD Skycable looks great! HD content, no question about it :)

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
Re: My new TV Sony CX520 from LiS sale.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2012 at 08:10 PM »
What's the size sir?

Offline Chorus

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • DVD Addict
  • Reading is Learning
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2012 at 06:35 AM »
What's the size sir?

good question. naunahan mo lang ako magtanong ^___^

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2012 at 06:55 AM »
55" ba? ;D
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline darkentity

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2012 at 11:25 AM »
ha forgot the important info, its 40 inch :P

Offline emvi_2000

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM »
Nice price na rin! Ma-check nga specs

Offline sirhc

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 191
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2012 at 12:31 PM »
Wow! Never expected it to be a 40 incher. It had to be 32" considering the price and the fact that it is a sony though sony had many negative experiences when it comes to reliability. Nonetheless, Good buy sir! congrats on your new tv.. :)
Never stop learning.

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1445
« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2012 at 12:40 PM »
i wonder if they have a 46er and how much it would be.... great deal for a 40 incher sir. congrats and merry christmas

Offline house_rn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2012 at 06:56 PM »
Smart tv narn ata to but its a 2011 model.

Offline darkentity

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2012 at 12:13 AM »
Im pretty amazed by the picture quality actually. Deep blacks and rich color. Its a 2011 model but has great reviews. I believe it can beat 2012 entry level models in terms of features and picture quality. The bezel is wide though when compared to new tv models, so may or may not be your type :)

Offline adistar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Dec 23, 2012 at 04:52 AM »
Wow! Never expected it to be a 40 incher. It had to be 32" considering the price and the fact that it is a sony though sony had many negative experiences when it comes to reliability. Nonetheless, Good buy sir! congrats on your new tv.. :)

I've been using my 40" sony lcd for almost 3 years now and never experienced any problem at all. :)
Of course mine is connected to a japan made voltage regulator. Sony is the best brand for me. I won't buy non-sony brands.
What was the problem you encountered sir?

Offline sirhc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Dec 23, 2012 at 09:40 AM »
I've been using my 40" sony lcd for almost 3 years now and never experienced any problem at all. :)
Of course mine is connected to a japan made voltage regulator. Sony is the best brand for me. I won't buy non-sony brands.
What was the problem you encountered sir?

Haven't experienced it sir, just had really bad feedback about reliability more specifically with their lcd models. Maybe its more of a russian roulette where my friend bought a bad model that seems to have slipped through they're QA.

Its just that for me, I'm not that willing to shell out big bucks for a tv that would not last that long. I mean, all electronics company, not exempting sony, rides on a wave that builds they're goods with the intention of breaking down at some point. I mean, its just good for business.

Its good that yours lasted for 3 years now.
Never stop learning.

Offline Hammerheart

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • DVD Guru
  • Formerly known as tormentor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #12 on: Dec 23, 2012 at 12:37 PM »
Very well said sir.

Offline sirhc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Dec 23, 2012 at 04:53 PM »
usually termed as planned obsolescence where goods are intentionally not made to last.  a grand plan to line the pockets of most manufacturers of electronics, to the detriment of consumers and most of all- the environment.  there was a recent decade where CRT tv's, amplifiers, speakers, cars, toys, etc. were proudly built to last and advertised as such but, as you mentioned, it's not good for business.

Yeah, that the term I was looking for. Its not a myth anymore.
Never stop learning.

Offline motion55

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Dec 24, 2012 at 06:44 AM »
My 40CX520 got busted after only 5 months use. My wife and brother-in-law were watching when suddenly the screen turned ghostly white, just like that.

I brought it to the Sony service center along Marcos highway. When we arrived, the shop had two irate customers who were demanding when they can get their units being serviced back. They had tried to call the direct line to the shop but they claimed nobody answered. I don't know what appliance they were having serviced but it was not a good sign. So after we went through the process, I was promised 1 week service time. That was 2 weeks ago. I know it's Christmas but I am not optimistic I will get my TV set back this year.

Sony PQ was great. I was quite happy with the unit. But if this is what to expect for service and reliability, it will be the last Sony TV set I'll buy.
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2012 at 06:46 AM by motion55 »

Offline whiteb16a

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Dec 26, 2012 at 05:24 PM »
I was set to buy this model, 40CX520 particularly for my son's PS3 gaming, but my mind changed when I saw the Toshiba 40PU200. Slim design, narrow bezel, LED backlit, decent blacks and just running cool
at 84watts. I just hope that this won't happen to my Tosh.. It was unfortunate that your tv conked out so early.
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2012 at 05:25 PM by whiteb16a »

Offline motion55

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Dec 27, 2012 at 03:17 PM »
I finally got my 40CX520 back today. According to them, it was ready for pick-up since Dec. 21 and they had sent a TXT message. Yeah right, I checked and I am sure I did not receive it.

I asked if they changed the panel. They said they just updated the panel data. Somehow it got corrupted. They said a voltage fluctuation could corrupt the data in flash memory. Or if the set was shutoff while updating the firmware. Anyway, it turned white while simply watching an analog broadcast. To be sure I disabled automatic software updating.

At the service center, it took me two hours to wait for my number to be called. I was only 6th in line but I got caught by the 12noon lunch break. I was the only guy with a TV set for service. All the rest of the customers were having their Myphones serviced.

BTW, I am also eyeing the Tosh 23PU200 as replacement for my home PC monitor. It's a FullHD but I have to verify if small letters appear clear. The panel's native resolution is 1920x1080.

« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2012 at 03:17 PM by motion55 »

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1445
« Reply #17 on: Dec 28, 2012 at 07:28 AM »
did you shell out cash for the repair sir motion55?

Offline meat_eater

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #18 on: Dec 28, 2012 at 07:39 AM »
Haven't experienced it sir, just had really bad feedback about reliability more specifically with their lcd models. Maybe its more of a russian roulette where my friend bought a bad model that seems to have slipped through they're QA.

Its just that for me, I'm not that willing to shell out big bucks for a tv that would not last that long. I mean, all electronics company, not exempting sony, rides on a wave that builds they're goods with the intention of breaking down at some point. I mean, its just good for business.

Its good that yours lasted for 3 years now.

I have a Sony Bravia that's almost 4 years old - also connected to a voltage regulator. the only thing that went bust was the remote control batteries - which were replaced of course, It's still running like it used to. I bought another one last year, an LED though, albeit a bigger screen and way better PQ - still runnning perfectly.

Never really heard or thought that Sony had issues with reliability.... Although the posts above are also correct, manufacturers intend their products to last only for a certain period of time, but I believe "upgradatitis" more often than not, is the culprit for replacement of these electronics rather than the thing getting busted. :D

Cheers :)
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2012 at 07:46 AM by meat_eater »
Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline motion55

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Dec 30, 2012 at 01:52 AM »
did you shell out cash for the repair sir motion55?

Luckily no cash out since under warranty pa. Just a lot of waiting and thanks.

Never really heard or thought that Sony had issues with reliability....

Judging from the devices being serviced, I was the only one with Sony TV being serviced under warranty the 2 hours I waited in line. So maybe I was simply unlucky. Initially I was pissed because the new TV set exhibited the same symptoms as my almost 6 year old Sony LCDTV.

Too bad, these TV sets are so complicated, they can stop working because a less than 500 peso part on a board inside the TV set got busted. Then you have to replace that entire board if you are lucky to get it diagnosed correctly.

Offline Armz316

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #20 on: Dec 30, 2012 at 08:33 PM »

This reminds me of a person from Cagayan De Oro in Mindanao who cried out at a International forum
about his Sony 40 inch w/c got busted in 3 days. And wants his hard earned money back. Since the Sony shop there didn't know what to say to the customer. I called up the Sony hotline here in Metro Manila. They checked if my report was true and indeed it was. Since i directed them to the website. They were able to locate the person and his Bravia unit and in less than 5 working days he got his unit replaced. He
was happy that Sony took some action right away. He wanted to replace it with a Philips. Happy New
Year everyone! :) Peace!