Author Topic: deciding on a 55" LED TV  (Read 1169 times)

Offline dyzophoria

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
deciding on a 55" LED TV
« on: Feb 09, 2014 at 06:58 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm currently deciding on purchasing an LED TV, but im purchasing it abroad (uncle and family are coming home, will have a way to bring home without me almost not paying anything so taking the oppurtunity), I'm currently looking at the LG 55LA6900 and Samsung UN55F6400, favoring the LG, though worried that the thin bezel will give less protection to the screen during transport (and as I have read packaging is not really that good), or maybe people would have any other suggestion? budget would be at 1000-1400 usd max, I'm not really in a rush since they would be going home  around May, thanks

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
Re: deciding on a 55" LED TV
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2014 at 09:41 PM »
You can add extra protection na lang sa bezel by loosely putting expanded PE foam sa isang long plastic and taping it around. Then cover it paikot with carton. May risks talaga ang pag-uwi ng TVs. I would also suggest putting expanded PE foam na din sa harap ang likod ng panel, then cover it with a piece of thin plywood para if in case of accidental puncture sa TV carton, sa plywood muna una tatama yun object. Kung gusto niyo talaga ng secure, pwede din kayo gumawa ng wooden crate to cover the box.

Offline dyzophoria

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2014 at 02:27 PM »
Thanks for the input Nelson, I've been thinking the same regarding the wooden frame, I've had experiences with handling/delivering laboratory equipment and this seems to be the most cost effective way of having it delivered.

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2014 at 03:00 PM »
for that size, it comes in a standard shipping box... just keep the original box protection that came with the item... the box is fairly large irregular sized box so don't think it will be treated as a check-in baggage but I maybe wrong.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 07:58 AM »
I think it's going to be treated as oversized luggage kung tatanggapin man na check-in.   And over 50 lbs. ang shipping weight ng mga 55 incher na ganyan ang class.  If you don't reinforce the original box of those LED models properly, that would be rather too narrow (on the side) for overseas transport.  If you reinforce it well, bibigat naman ng husto.  Mapapalusot ba sa airport Customs yung ganoon kalaking HDTV box?  Might be cheaper to have it shipped through door to door.
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2014 at 08:11 AM by Clondalkin »