Author Topic: Unbalanced and Balanced Connection  (Read 802 times)

Offline deo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Unbalanced and Balanced Connection
« on: Jan 28, 2013 at 12:06 PM »
Hi Gurus, need your help.  I have a DAC that has both Balanced and Unbalanced analog output.  I want to hook it up into two separate amplifiers.  The DAC unlike some, doesn't have an option to switch to use either one.  I tried reading the manual, but it doesn't say.  Base on your experience, is it ok to connect them both to two separate amps at the same time?

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Unbalanced and Balanced Connection
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2013 at 12:15 PM »
Hi Gurus, need your help.  I have a DAC that has both Balanced and Unbalanced analog output.  I want to hook it up into two separate amplifiers.  The DAC unlike some, doesn't have an option to switch to use either one.  I tried reading the manual, but it doesn't say.  Base on your experience, is it ok to connect them both to two separate amps at the same time?

it will work....if the high frequencies gets noticeably attenuated, that means the output impedance of your dac is not low enough....but try it and find out....
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2013 at 01:21 PM »
it will work....if the high frequencies gets noticeably attenuated, that means the output impedance of your dac is not low enough....but try it and find out....

I see. I just wanted to know if it's safe. Thanks sir.

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1002
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2013 at 07:41 PM »

Try to email the manufacturer just to make sure. There might be a jumper inside that has to be set correctly.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2013 at 09:12 AM »
Try to email the manufacturer just to make sure. There might be a jumper inside that has to be set correctly.

No reply sir.  I asked the store i got it from. Ok naman daw pag sabayin