Author Topic: Hamran Kardon Service Center In the Philippines  (Read 23734 times)

Offline rcaquinojr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hamran Kardon Service Center In the Philippines
« on: Jan 09, 2013 at 06:36 PM »
HI !! just want to share my experience with harman kardon Philippines. how they GREEDY they are!!...I have Harman Kardon HKTS 14 from the US and when my subwoofer malfunction/damage i contacted harman service center in Manila which is Beyond Innovations. here's our conversation just want to share.

Date: December 1, 2012 11:08:10 AM GMT+08:00
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Service Center for Harman Kardon

Sir/Mam,

I have HK home theater system and the subwoofer Hkts 14 not functioning well. The sound has a "crack sound" and i send to local tech and they cannot fix it coz there is parts need to replace. I keep calling the number in ur website and spend for than 100 on load but nobody answering. Just want to know if u can fix my subwoofer problem? There is power, sound...only the problem
Is the "crack sound". Im from La Union just want to know if there is available service center here in nothern luzon?

Regards,
Bong

Hi Sir Bong,

Good DayJ

I am Claire from Beyond Innovations, Inc. authorized distributor of JBL/Harman Kardon here in the Philippines. With regards to your below concern Sir, we are very sorry but we do not accept repair for parallel imports or items bought outside the country.

Thanks and God Bless!

Claire Anne Necio

Operations Officer

Beyond Innovations, Inc.

638-4299 loc 120 or 122

after the first reply she reply again....

Hi Sir Bong,

As we wanted to help you in your concern of repairing your defective HKTS14 which you bought abroad, we can make exception if you’re interested but you need to pay for our membership fee worth P10K upfront cash first before we will diagnose you defective unit. But please do take note that the repair charge and parts price (if any) are excluded to the said membership fee.

If you’re interested Sir, you may email back to us.

Thanks and God Bless

Claire Anne Necio

Operations Officer

Beyond Innovations, Inc.

638-4299 loc 120 or 122

Claire,

Thanks for your fast reply. Just want to know what is the 10k membership for? It is refundable? Can you elaborate more about the membership what are the pros. and where the 10k goes?

Best Regards,

Bong

Hi Sir Ramon,

Good dayJ

The 10K membership fee is because we do not honor international warranty Sir and warranty is part of the price we offer to clients. And since your unit was not bought from us Sir, it doesn’t cover our warranty. This membership fee is for your unit to support locally. Or you have an option of sending your unit abroad to where you bought it for much cheaper price.

Hoping for your kind understanding.

Thanks and God Bless

Regards,

Claire Anne Necio
Service Team Head

Beyond Innovations, Inc.
Unit B4 Topys Place , Calle Industria,
Corner Economia, Libis, Quezon City
638-42-99 loc 120

I bought spare parts from HARMAN KARDON MIDDLE EAST and it cost 3K PESOS only. and now my subwoofer works now....shame on you BEYOND INNOVATIONS!! YOUR TOO GREEDY!

Offline suavegabe

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Hamran Kardon Service Center In the Philippines
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2013 at 06:43 PM »
that's the risk of buying outside the PH. hindi lang naman beyond innovations ang ganyan. even onkyo service centers here charge extra for repairing products that did not come from them.

also experienced this with CDSC for a nikon camera. the part that needed replacement was less than P500 but the labor they charged me was around 7.5k since the unit did not come from them.

and wrong section din pala tong post mo. ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2013 at 06:45 PM by suavegabe »

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1454
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2013 at 08:45 PM »
wow.tindi ng "membership fee". cant help but smell something fishy with that but thats just me.

sorry to hear about what happened to your gear sir.

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2013 at 09:04 PM »
Wala palang international warranty? Kawawa naman tayong mga customer.  :'(

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2013 at 09:10 PM »
Wala palang international warranty? Kawawa naman tayong mga customer.  :'(
kung may international warranty yung mga receivers na nabibili sa us wala ng bibili dito sa pinas  ;D

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2013 at 09:14 PM »
Its a way to discourage grey imports. Even auto manufacturer have that. I know in Porsche its 75K everytime you have your car serviced on top of the charges.

Offline rochie

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2013 at 12:05 AM »
kung may international warranty yung mga receivers na nabibili sa us wala ng bibili dito sa pinas  ;D

I think kung may local distributor/service center na HK talaga ang may-ari is possible ang international warranty just like canon, kahit saan mo binili ang photography gear/equipment mo honor pa din ng canon ang warranty and walang surcharge/membership fee pag nagpa service ka sa kanila

Offline suavegabe

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2013 at 10:27 AM »
I think kung may local distributor/service center na HK talaga ang may-ari is possible ang international warranty just like canon, kahit saan mo binili ang photography gear/equipment mo honor pa din ng canon ang warranty and walang surcharge/membership fee pag nagpa service ka sa kanila

no. hindi rin international warranty ang canon dito sa pinas. they also discourage buying grey imports. I think a few years ago, canon philippines offered an amnesty program where people can register canon products that were bought abroad. pero pag sa canon japan daw, kahit saan mo pa binili ang canon gear mo, no questions asked, i-service nila.

Offline gunslinger

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM »
Just the same, I don't think the "membership fee" is acceptable. Understood that parallel imports tend to undermine the business of local distributors but they should also take into consideration that there are Filipinos who can afford to travel abroad and buy stuff and not just importers. They can charge higher for labor like toyama for onkyo but the so called "membership fee" is just out of line. The TS did not try to claim warranty to begin with. He was trying to avail of their services with the intent to pay a reasonable fee.
I can stop speaking but I cannot so easily silence my thoughts...

Offline zgim

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2013 at 11:33 AM »
You should have asked if they can service other products too, since "member" ka na

Offline chrisrhob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Nov 06, 2013 at 10:41 AM »
^up, anyone knows saan pwede pa service harman kardon. Been to that place beyond innovations. dapat ipablacklist mga taong to. without looking at the unit, sinabi nalang na replace na daw lahat. A whole lot of BS.

Offline titor

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #11 on: Nov 06, 2013 at 11:37 AM »
Try mo yung pioneer service center along buendia south super. They fixed my brother's onkyo receiver.

I tried Love electronics along buendia as well before reaching taft. I plugged my Yamaha avr 110v unit sa 220v the avr is going strong mga 8 months na.
That awkward moment when I'm drunk and you're still ugly.

Offline chrisrhob

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Nov 08, 2013 at 09:49 AM »
can you provide me with the exact address, im not very familiar sa manila since i am from pangasinan. a google map direction would be greatly appreciated if it is not that much of a trouble. Ty sir for the recomendation.

Offline titor

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #13 on: Nov 08, 2013 at 09:56 AM »
can you provide me with the exact address, im not very familiar sa manila since i am from pangasinan. a google map direction would be greatly appreciated if it is not that much of a trouble. Ty sir for the recomendation.

Here's the website:

http://www.love-electronics.com/1/

yung sa pioneer

Laser Active Enterprises
Unit B, MRDC Building
85 Sen. Gil Puyat Ave. Palanan Makati City
Tel: (02)8433001  /  (02)7101452  /  0915-5308830
Email: [email protected]   

That awkward moment when I'm drunk and you're still ugly.

Offline chrisrhob

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Dec 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM »
WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. Their after sales support sucks balls big time. I have a H/K Go + Play unit that I brought to their service center for repair, without looking at the unit they just told us that the unit is no longer repairable and told us to just go buy a NEW unit (as if money grows out of my ass). I filed a complaint at their FB page to which again I was instructed to  bring my unit again to their service center. So I drove my unit all the way from Pangasinan and waited for more than a month and guess what? UNIT IS NO LONGER SERVICEABLE. Worst part of it is I get to pay them 750 bucks all for nothing. NICE HK. GJ. I owned 6 generations of H/K AVRs and was about to get JBL Onbeat Xtreme. Found out the service center is the same. I am switching brands now. Actualy any brands that they carry and service will no longer be part of any of my purchases. If after sales service is important to you then stay away from the products they carry, unless of course you have a reputable shop that has an excellent customer service support. Shops that have other alternative means of having your units fixed (i.e. SNS c/o Vic).

Bottomline, comming from experience, stay away from Beyon Innovations service centers and the products they carry. I hope H/K changes their service centers here in PH.

Offline korix_73

• Apprentice
  • groovy baby yeah!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Sep 21, 2015 at 10:03 AM »
meron pa po ba ibang na nagrerepair ng HK AVR aside from the 2 mentioned above?
Groovy baby yeah!!!

Offline AC

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 333
« Reply #16 on: Sep 21, 2015 at 10:11 AM »
i sell grey market jbl headphones..
meron isang bumili.. dismaya din sakanila.. bumili siya ng jbl bluetooth headphones.. and sabi niya... may static daw... wala pang 1 month yung unit... sabi daw sakaniya normal lang yun... sabi ko nga gamit kong bluetooth is fake nokia lang.. and wala naman static...

walang kinaibahan pala harman/jbl sa cdrking.. buy it and dont expect anything from them
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2015 at 03:07 PM by AC »

Offline zonks

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3175
« Reply #17 on: Sep 21, 2015 at 12:10 PM »
sa kanila din ang denon

Offline zonks

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3175
« Reply #18 on: Sep 21, 2015 at 12:11 PM »
baka dapat sa dti na yan idulog.

may love electronics sa tuazon cor 20th ave cubao sa may daily supermarket, mas malapit if coming from north area

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1454
« Reply #19 on: Sep 22, 2015 at 03:24 AM »
Someone should email the company hq directly about this