Author Topic: NBA 2013-2014 <FINALS>  (Read 520510 times)

Offline Kd Jb

• Trade Count: (+113)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Re: NBA 2013-2014 <OFFSEASON>
« Reply #210 on: Jun 28, 2013 at 01:15 PM »
nung 2008 bumulusok bigla yung number of Boston fans. Ngayon, sobrang konti na. Naglipatan na lahat sa Heat. haha

Lakas bigla ng Nets! Hope they actually contend next season.

STARTING 5:

Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Brook Lopez

That's a solid bunch!

Bench:
Jason Terry
Marshon Brooks
Andre Blatche

Tapos coach pa si jkidd hahaha

Offline mikz023

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: NBA 2013-2014 <OFFSEASON>
« Reply #211 on: Jun 28, 2013 at 01:40 PM »

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #212 on: Jun 28, 2013 at 01:49 PM »
sinu kaya naka Jackpot dito? hehehehe

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: Jun 28, 2013 at 02:19 PM »
Matagal tagal n rebuilding gagawin ng celtics ko...tsk tsk...sana makakuha man lang kahit rudy gay..para may go to guy..tsk tsk..

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #214 on: Jun 28, 2013 at 02:55 PM »
Sac Kings I think got the biggest steal in mclemore.. But malalaman natin at the end of the year..
Sana nga bro works, ma trade si evans sa decent team like bulls, I like that kid too, problem sa sac ung PF nila, parang bata pa rin, they need a veteran player..
Howard - Noah - marc gasol are the best centers for me..
Good moved by Nets, kNicks on a revamp, di ba pwede trade si amare? babalik na rin si rose, another year for paul george and hibbert, medyo balance na Eastcon this year, nice..
The Pats way...

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: Jun 28, 2013 at 03:07 PM »
Parang mga goons un celtics....rondo..wallace..evans..bogans...mukhang mahihirapan makascore ng 80 pts per game tong line up na to..may pag asa pa bang bumalik al jefferson sa celtics?

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #216 on: Jun 28, 2013 at 03:12 PM »
http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/son-of-former-ginebra-import-projected-as-top-pick-in-nba-draft-next-year

Anak pla c wiggins ng dating import ng ginebra.
Nice info. I'd like my team to tank this year to get that chance to get Wiggins. *crossing my fingers*

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2188
« Reply #217 on: Jun 28, 2013 at 03:19 PM »
@ Gob_Loves_Sony, nasaktan ka ba? Ako kse nagdurugo puso ko. Ang sakit! Hirap tanggapin!
Parang mas Nets na ako ngayon kesa Celtics.

Sana makakauha ng new franchise superstar player and Celtics sa draft 2014. Kse kung di rin lang top 6 sa draft bali wala yan!

« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2013 at 05:03 PM by thebat »
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline aRujoN

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 202
« Reply #218 on: Jun 28, 2013 at 03:30 PM »
i wonder why mclemore dropped all the way to the 7th?? and the Nets...wow

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: Jun 28, 2013 at 03:31 PM »
@ Gob_Loves_Sony, nasaktan ka ba? Ako kse nagdurugo puso ko. Ang sakit! Hirap tanggapin!
Parang mas Next na ako ngayon kesa Celtics.

Sana makakauha ng new franchise superstar player and Celtics sa draft 2014. Kse kung di rin lang top 6 sa draft bali wala yan!

...di ako makakain ng meryenda...pero tingin ko di papayag si tusong danny ainge na ganun ganun n lang...may niluluto pa yan....abang abang lng mga celts!!..josh smith !!!

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #220 on: Jun 28, 2013 at 03:44 PM »
sana lumakas NYK ngayon... para maganda match up ng Miami at NYK sa conference final...
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #221 on: Jun 28, 2013 at 05:30 PM »
Regardin the NETs. Just remember how supposedly good the Lakers where on Paper at the start of the last season.

Debate debate pa vs. OKC, vs HEAT etc...

ala lang. ;D
*read the guy above me's signature ^

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #222 on: Jun 28, 2013 at 05:36 PM »
From Yahoo Sports..

NEW YORK – Danny Ainge once told Boston Celtics patriarch Red Auerbach he should have traded Larry Bird while the Hall of Fame forward still had value at the end of his career. Years later, Ainge listened to his own advice.
The Celtics general manager broke up the remaining core pieces of the franchise's most recent championship team by agreeing in principle to a blockbuster trade that will send Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to the Brooklyn Nets.

Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett are headed to Brooklyn after a blockbuster trade. (NBAE/Getty Images)
In return, the Celtics will acquire valuable draft picks and millions of dollars in payroll flexibility to begin their rebuilding process. Earlier in the week, Ainge acquired the Los Angeles Clippers' 2015 pick in return for releasing Doc Rivers from his coaching contract.
That was enough to make the Celtics one of draft night's biggest winners. The Garnett-Pierce trade, which also will send Jason Terry to the Nets, will land the Celtics three first-round picks (2014, '16 and '18) and the right to swap first-round picks with the Nets in 2017 – along with Gerald Wallace, Kris Joseph and the expiring deal of Kris Humphries.
Boston now has two first-round picks, including its own, in a stellar 2014 draft that will possibly be led by coveted Kansas guard Andrew Wiggins.
Rajon Rondo is now clearly the Celtics' franchise player, but Boston won't have much reason to rush him back from knee surgery in what will be a rebuilding year. Armed with more draft picks and eventual cap room, Boston now hopes the rebuilding process won't take as long.
Among the biggest losers on draft night? One could make a case for the other team in the evening's big trade.
Yes, the Nets added Garnett and Pierce to play with guards Deron Williams and Joe Johnson and center Brook Lopez. But Garnett and Pierce are at the end of their careers, which puts heavy pressure on rookie NBA head coach Jason Kidd to produce a title contender immediately. Brooklyn faces a luxury-tax bill of nearly $80 million and will have a payroll close to $100 million.
Even with the upgrades, Brooklyn isn't a lock to be a top-three team in the Eastern Conference. The Miami Heat, Indiana Pacers and the Chicago Bulls (with a healthy Derrick Rose) should all be formidable.
The Nets did win by temporarily stealing some of the NBA spotlight from the New York Knicks.
The trade won't be official until July 10.
Here's a look at some of the other winners and losers from the 2013 NBA draft.

WINNER: Anthony Bennett
On the eve of the draft, Bennett said there was a chance he could be the top pick. Few listened. Now, after being selected No. 1 overall, the former UNLV forward could be the biggest surprise pick in NBA draft history.
"I'm just really as surprised as everyone else," Bennett said. "I didn't have any idea who was going No. 1 or who was going No. 2. I heard everything was up for grabs. But I'm just real happy, glad I have this opportunity."
The Cavaliers were expected to select Kentucky center Nerlens Noel or Maryland center Alex Len. Bennett was viewed as a dark horse candidate, especially since Cleveland already had another power forward in Tristan Thompson. The undersized Bennett is also recovering from shoulder surgery.
Other intriguing candidates included Indiana guard Victor Oladipo, Georgetown small forward Otto Porter Jr., and Kansas guard Ben McLemore.
So when did Bennett know for sure he was going to be taken No. 1?
"When they said my name," he said. "I had no idea."

LOSER: Nerlens Noel
Nerlens Noel had been projected as a possible No. 1 pick. (AP)
It was nearly 1 a.m. ET Friday when Noel finally addressed reporters as a surprised member of the Philadelphia 76ers. It was a long and disappointing night for the slim center as he fell from the possible top pick to the sixth overall selection by the New Orleans Pelicans. Noel then learned he had been traded to the Sixers – with a protected 2014 first-round pick dealt to the Sixers for All-Star guard Jrue Holiday and the rights to Baylor guard Pierre Jackson, the 42nd overall pick.
"I'm going to look at this night a few years down the road when I'm established in the NBA as the night that gave me the motivation that I needed to become the player I wanted to be," Noel said.
Noel hopes to be able to play by November following knee surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament that cut short his freshman season at Kentucky. He believes the injury contributed to his slide in the draft.
"They're going to make their own decisions that are best for them," Noel said of the teams that passed on him. "Down the road they can just hope they made the right decision."

WINNER: Pelicans
The Pelicans acquired one of the NBA's marquee young point guards. Holiday, 23, might help New Orleans finally soothe the loss of Chris Paul from two years ago while giving them another key player to build around.
Holiday averaged 17.7 points and eight assists last season and is beginning a four-year, $44 million contract extension he previously signed with the Sixers.
"He's shocked," said Holiday's agent, Tony Dutt. "He understands it's a business as well. He's OK. It is what it is – something we didn't expect."
The Pelicans might explore trading disgruntled shooting guard Eric Gordon. Point guard Greivis Vasquez also is coming off the best season of his young career.
"Jrue will be great for us," Gordon said. "Very excited."

LOSER: NBA hecklers
Hakeem Olajuwan, left, surprised David Stern at the end of the first round. (AP)
One of the draft's greatest pastimes is the booing of NBA commissioner David Stern as he announces the first-round picks. Hecklers, however, no longer have Stern to pick on.
Stern was booed for the last time at the draft Thursday. He retires as commissioner on Feb. 1, 2014.
Stern took his final booing in stride by bantering with the jeering Barclays Center crowd.
The fans eventually gave him a standing ovation at the end of the first round. The crowd, of course, followed by booing Stern's replacement, Adam Silver.
"We've had to explain to our international audience that the 'boo' is an American sign of respect," Stern said.

WINNER: Lucas "Bebe" Nogueira's Celtics hat
The hat had the ride of its life atop the Brazilian center's large afro, but somehow didn't fall completely off. Alas, the hat was eventually traded for a Atlanta model when Nogueria's rights were officially shipped to the Hawks.
"I want them to recognize me because of my hair, too, but mostly for my game," Nogueira said.

LOSER: Shabazz Muhammad
Muhammad was viewed as a possible No. 1 NBA pick as the NCAA season began. But the former UCLA star's stock dropped dramatically, and he wasn't invited to the draft green room for the top prospects. He was eventually taken with the final lottery pick (No. 14 by the Utah Jazz) before his draft rights were acquired by the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Muhammad learned of his draft selection while watching on TV near the Barclays Center. He still came to the arena to hear his name announced and shake Stern's hand.
"Some teams passed on me," Muhammad said. "That's why you have a chip on your shoulder. I'm a guy who has a chip on his shoulder and wants to work."

WINNER: Hoosiers
Oladipo and former University of Indiana teammate Cody Zeller were selected with the second and fourth overall picks by the Orlando Magic and Charlotte Bobcats, respectively. Oladipo was considered a top-three pick, but Zeller was more of a surprise."I was just kidding my agent because he didn't bail me out," Zeller said. "He didn't tell me. I didn't know until David Stern announced it."
The Pats way...

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 373
« Reply #223 on: Jun 28, 2013 at 06:18 PM »
The NETS go all in for the next 2 years ...... it's championship or bust, for them.

Their projected lineup next season is loaded with solid starters and a half-decent bench ....... but will still be hard-pressed to topple the HEAT, PACERS and a healthy BULLS team.

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: Jun 28, 2013 at 06:25 PM »
Pag nainjured yun lopez..tapos cla...mapipilitan n naman magsentro kg...

Offline Tha_Mann

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
« Reply #225 on: Jun 28, 2013 at 07:02 PM »
the Nets are on a win-now mode. good for 2-3 yrs lang line-up nila then they have to reload again once KG & PP retires or goes down w/ an injury.

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #226 on: Jun 28, 2013 at 07:59 PM »
looking at the celtics right now, mukang after 3yrs pa nila plano magcompete. i wonder how rondo will respond on the court with their lineup. wallace should now be able to score again.

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: Jun 28, 2013 at 08:21 PM »
Mukhng matetrade din si rondo...
Bradley green sullinger ang big 3 ng celtics ....

Offline gunslinger

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: Jun 28, 2013 at 10:30 PM »
It's a bet all ballgame for the nets. But its a gutsy move nonetheless, :)
I can stop speaking but I cannot so easily silence my thoughts...

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2650
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: Jun 29, 2013 at 01:09 PM »

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: Jun 29, 2013 at 01:29 PM »
galing ng decision ng CAVS at tama pala yong hinala ko :)

KI+AB+Deng.. sana makakuha silang veteran para sure maka pag playoff

SAC also a big winner.. dapat supportahan nila si Mclemore, bigyan ng isang PF

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:

Offline bashi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • Yo!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 349
« Reply #233 on: Jun 30, 2013 at 01:23 PM »
I get the feeling that the Lakers will let Dwight Howard walk, medyo indifferent yun mood ng Lakers fanbase kahit mag stay or umalis si Howard

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #234 on: Jun 30, 2013 at 01:57 PM »
I get the feeling that the Lakers will let Dwight Howard walk, medyo indifferent yun mood ng Lakers fanbase kahit mag stay or umalis si Howard
Yeah. I dont care if he leaves. Lakers will not win anything next season anyway. Injured kobe, old nash, old pau, old world peace + unhappy howard will not win any championship.

2014 should be the focus
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2013 at 01:57 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: Jun 30, 2013 at 02:27 PM »
Ready to tank na 76ers at Celtics this season. Daming naghahabol kay Wiggins on next year's draft.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: Jun 30, 2013 at 03:23 PM »
Ready to tank na 76ers at Celtics this season. Daming naghahabol kay Wiggins on next year's draft.

May own 1st round pick ba sila for next year? Kasi yung pick nila from Pelicans protected sa top 5 yata. So pelicans may habol pa kay Wiggins!

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Jun 30, 2013 at 05:32 PM »
^76ers still have their own pick. So that's 2 lottery picks (if the Pelicans miss the playoffs) in a pretty stacked draft.
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2013 at 05:45 PM by rusty »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: Jun 30, 2013 at 05:59 PM »
^76ers still have their own pick. So that's 2 lottery picks (if the Pelicans miss the playoffs) in a pretty stacked draft.

Freakin awesome situation for them! Wiggins will not need to adjust to the weather if he goes to Philly or Boston.

Based on the USA team vs The World game (high school ballers), Jabari Parker and a few others have huge potential. Pero Wiggins talaga ibang klase. I love his spin move and fantastic leaping ability. The next phenom.

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #239 on: Jun 30, 2013 at 08:26 PM »
Yup next year's draft looks good. Wiggins, Parker and Smart. Any of which could potentially have been the number 1 pick this year if they joined the draft.

Wiggins reminds me of a prime Tmac. He makes scoring look easy. Very fluid and has an arsenal of moves. Can't wait to see how they perform in college basketball. Sana they wont turn into a shabaz muhammed na all-hype but underperformed in college.