Author Topic: NBA 2013-2014 <FINALS>  (Read 521856 times)

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
NBA 2013-2014 <OFFSEASON>
« Reply #330 on: Jul 02, 2013 at 07:56 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D iba ka talaga bro dpogs! YO DA MAN ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nice one DPOGS haha your the man.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Re: NBA 2013-2014 <OFFSEASON>
« Reply #331 on: Jul 02, 2013 at 08:11 PM »
Parang hindi yata ganun ang sinabi ni MJ dun sa interview.   :D Yun initial write up kasi misleading.  But when the interview aired, iba naman pala yun context.  From what I recall basically Jordan said mas magaling si Lebron.  But he would choose Kobe for his 5 rings
. Pero mas magaling pa rin si Lebron.   :D

ahh.. ok

ito kasi yong sinasabi ko ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqEL4CDWXR8

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #332 on: Jul 02, 2013 at 08:32 PM »
ahh.. ok

Oh! My mistake then. I thought you were referring to the last MJ interview where he was made to choose between Lebron & Kobe  and he said 5 will always beat 1.

In the video you posted, MJ was simply being humble.  Sya naman talaga ang GOAT. MJ is only one of two players to win Regular Season MVP, Finals MVP, won an NBA title and won an Olympic Gold in the same year.  Mahirap yun!  The other one is.....not even Magic, Bird, Shaq, Duncan, etc. :D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
NBA 2013-2014 <OFFSEASON>
« Reply #333 on: Jul 02, 2013 at 08:40 PM »
Oh! My mistake then. I thought you were referring to the last MJ interview where he was made to choose between Lebron & Kobe  and he said 5 will always beat 1.

In the video you posted, MJ was simply being humble.  Sya naman talaga ang GOAT. MJ is only one of two players to win Regular Season MVP, Finals MVP, won an NBA title and won an Olympic Gold in the same year.  Mahirap yun!  The other one is.....not even Magic, Bird, Shaq, Duncan, etc. :D

Sino nga ba yung other one bat di pangalanan. :)
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #334 on: Jul 02, 2013 at 08:57 PM »

none other than LBJ...
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
« Reply #335 on: Jul 02, 2013 at 09:03 PM »
Lbj will not be better than mj because  we wont let it happen

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #336 on: Jul 02, 2013 at 09:05 PM »
IMHO lang
russell time (8 consecutive champ :o) offense minded nba, talent pool was very low, zone defense. konti lang malalaki.
dr. j era also the era of kareem and the showtime lakers. tinangal na ang zone defense (1982)and this was the time the we were awed by  out of this world shot selection and poster dunks of julius rving. his greatest moments was with moses malone when they won the ring. the greatness of dr j was overshadowed by the showtime lakers celtics rivalry. until the bad boy piston came along and showed to us that defense can win championship too. and  every team from then on, focused on defense. this was the time of michael jordan, when the nba is allowing those handchecks and hardfouls and basically the most rugged and physical era of the nba. until the nba thinks that this is not becoming a spectator sport and start implementing rules that limit defenses. tinggal ang handchecking, naglagay ng defensive 3 seconds, naglagay ng five second back to the basket rule at kung ano ano pa. and now, lucky are we for we see a lot of poster shots in every game than before! its good to watch those plays. isnt it? but are we deprive of the true game of basketball? yes for some no for others ;D ;D

let me get this straight. so you're saying that bringing back the zone defense limits defenses? and having only 2 types of defense (man-to-man and double teaming) is better than being able to use zone defense and letting coaches be creative with their defensive plays? and in which having an "Illegal Defense" rule makes the 90's defense better than what we currently have?

also an FYI, the five second back-to-the-basket rule favors the defense not the offense.
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2013 at 09:06 PM by leomarley »

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #337 on: Jul 02, 2013 at 09:12 PM »
ahh.. ok

Let's not make to much fuss about this MJ's End of Debate video.  Why?  Because it's a actually a teaser/trailer for EA Sports NBA2K12 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5pfBLm_S3I)  which, as we all know, is a video game.  Because in a video game, you can create squads, pit teams and players from different eras and end debates on who's the greatest, once and for all.   The concluding text says it all - "Pick a squad. Make a video and end the debate."  Yes you can do this.  In a video game.  Not in a real game.
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2013 at 09:12 PM by mattia »

Offline bashi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • Yo!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 349

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #339 on: Jul 02, 2013 at 10:57 PM »
Kala ko ba NBA 2013-2014 OFFSEASON thread to? bat puro MJ vs Lebron vs Kobe etc... nanaman.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #340 on: Jul 02, 2013 at 11:01 PM »
none other than LBJ...

Ayan sabihin kung sino para alam hindi yun may pasakalye pa. haha
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline dodie

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #341 on: Jul 02, 2013 at 11:22 PM »
let me get this straight. so you're saying that bringing back the zone defense limits defenses? and having only 2 types of defense (man-to-man and double teaming) is better than being able to use zone defense and letting coaches be creative with their defensive plays? and in which having an "Illegal Defense" rule makes the 90's defense better than what we currently have?

also an FYI, the five second back-to-the-basket rule favors the defense not the offense.

ive never said that zone defense limits the defenses. in fact nung tanggalin nga,  it made the game exiting. during the ninety meron silang soft zone na tinatawag but now hindi na din allowed. binasa ko chief yung sinulat ko and hindi ko nakita yung ini imply mo. and also im stating an opinion here and said some others think otherwise and others may concur. i guess your on the other side of the fence.

some articles for your reading pag may tym ;D ;D ;D

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1383036-how-michael-jordan-changed-the-nbas-center-position-forever

http://www.thesportscol.com/2013/03/2817/
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2013 at 11:25 PM by dodie »
WCH CM U?

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #342 on: Jul 02, 2013 at 11:46 PM »
Kala ko ba NBA 2013-2014 OFFSEASON thread to? bat puro MJ vs Lebron vs Kobe etc... nanaman.

Buhay pa yata ang kabayo.
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2013 at 11:47 PM by rusty »

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #343 on: Jul 03, 2013 at 12:32 AM »
ive never said that zone defense limits the defenses. in fact nung tanggalin nga,  it made the game exiting. during the ninety meron silang soft zone na tinatawag but now hindi na din allowed. binasa ko chief yung sinulat ko and hindi ko nakita yung ini imply mo. and also im stating an opinion here and said some others think otherwise and others may concur. i guess your on the other side of the fence.

some articles for your reading pag may tym ;D ;D ;D

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1383036-how-michael-jordan-changed-the-nbas-center-position-forever

http://www.thesportscol.com/2013/03/2817/

i was referring to this post of yours:

until the nba thinks that this is not becoming a spectator sport and start implementing rules that limit defenses. tinggal ang handchecking, naglagay ng defensive 3 seconds, naglagay ng five second back to the basket rule at kung ano ano pa.

you were implying that 80's/90's defense was better than this era's defense and i've pointed out things contrary to your belief. note the bold part. what soft zone are you referring to in the 90's? because it will result with the team getting an Illegal Defense. So what other "kung ano ano pa" are you referring to that makes this era's defense worse than the 80's/90's?

FYI lang. hand checking was removed to open up the game for wing players and allow them to make Jordanesque plays but does not necessarily make team defenses weaker and that is due to the Zone defense that was implemented. defensive 3 seconds was implemented as a result of them abolishing the "Illegal D" rule so that players won't camp below the basket. it does not make the defense worse. these were in the articles that you posted. maybe you should read the articles that you post first before posting. "pag may time" (ugh. the.worst.phrase.in.the.internet.EVER.) ::)

here's an excerpt from that article:

Adding all this together; the removal of hand-checking, the addition of the three second rule, less physical defences and the lack of big men in the game today leads us to only one conclusion; it is easier for perimeter players to perform at a high level today than compared to in previous years.

nothing in that article says that defense in the 80's/90's is better that today and even says that this era's defense is more sophisticated. it may be less physical but definitely not worse in any way.

just an intelligent exchange of ideas here but i don't think the defense back then is better than it was today( and vice versa) because if the defense today is worse, why do we see less and less teams scoring less than 100 and even less players averaging more than 30ppg?

Offline dodie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #344 on: Jul 03, 2013 at 12:42 AM »
Ive read it again sir,and i still believe that the rule changes affects the abilityof the team to defend the basket. Just like what the second article is implying. I you can read it again youll be seeing my point. There is no point of debate here. I think it affects how team plays today, you belive the opposite. Its your take, not mine.
WCH CM U?

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #345 on: Jul 03, 2013 at 12:50 AM »
Mas mahirap depensa ngayun kc may zone un ang sakin at MJ is still GOAT  for the time being hahaha teka saang  team na ba talaga si Dwight? :)

Offline dodie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #346 on: Jul 03, 2013 at 12:52 AM »
"From the article"
Are Defences Tougher Now?
As I covered before in the hand-checking section the removal of hand checking led to the NBA’s worst season for defending perimeter players.  Although scoring has slowed down since then it is common knowledge that players score a lot more then they did when compared to twenty or thirty years ago.  One thing that cannot be disputed is that today’s defences are not as physical as previous.  One only has to look at best defences of the past such as the ‘Bad boy Pistons’ and 92 Knicks when compared to top defences today such as the Miami Heat and San Antoni Spurs to see that there is a difference. Defensive techniques such as wrapping, hand-checking and even mauling have all been removed from the game.

In the 2011 off-season the NBA introduced a rule that states if contact is made with a player while he is at full extension when attempting a layup or dunk then an immediate flagrant foul is given to the defensive player.  Rules such as this are responsible for defences being less physical than twenty years ago.  It is worth noting that defences are more sophisticated now than before due to the advancements in technology and better coaching, but I don’t believe that these single advancements are enough to out-weigh the changes in the game of basketball.

Conclusion

Courtesy: Yahoo Sports

Adding all this together; the removal of hand-checking, the addition of the three second rule, less physical defences and the lack of big men in the game today leads us to only one conclusion; it is easier for perimeter players to perform at a high level today than compared to in previous years.

I took the time to explain all of this because I feel that it is drastically overlooked by many NBA fans and the media when it comes to comparing the current players to the past ones.  Many times the media will hype up an achievement without putting it in proper perspective.  An example of this is LeBron’s recent run of 6 games shooting over 60% while scoring 30 points or more.  Yes, LeBron is to be commended for shooting efficiently and reading what the defence gave him and adjusting accordingly, but it is important to put into perspective the circumstances which he did it in.

Hopefully this blog post has educated you in the changes of the NBA, although it seems that I might be bashing the NBA there have been many positive consequences to this, for example, the increase in marketing for perimeter players that has lead to more people becoming interested in the NBA.

Although I generally dislike using quotes from NBA players and coaches I will leave you with some regarding the changes of the NBA.
During a 2007 L.A. Lakers pre-season broadcast, Phil Jackson was asked how he thought Michael Jordan would perform today, Phil said: “Michael would average 45 with these rules.”

MJ also says due to defensive rule changes like hand checking, if he played in today’s NBA, dropping triple digits would be reachable for him. “It’s less physical and the rules have changed, obviously.” says Jordan. “Based on these rules, if I had to play with my style of play, I’m pretty sure I would have fouled out or I would have been at the free throw line pretty often and I could have scored 100 points.”
“You can’t even touch a guy now,” says Charlotte coach Larry Brown. “The college game is much more physical than our game. I always tease Michael [Jordan], if he played today, he’d average 50.”
“The history book inspires them to be some of the best,” said Jordan. “Rules have changed to help them. I could have averaged 50 points today!”

http://dimemag.com/2009/11/michael-jordan-dwyane-wade-unveil-the-air-jordan-2010/

Question for Clyde Drexler:

“In the current league where there is no hand checking and no ruff play how much better would your numbers be?”

Clyde Drexler: “Oh, tremendously better, from shooting percentage to points per game everything would be up, and our old teams would score a lot more points, and that is saying something because we could score a lot back then. I do think there should be an asterisk next to some of these scoring leaders, because it is much different trying to score with a forearm in your face. It is harder to score with that resistance. You had to turn your back on guys defending you back in the day with all the hand checking that was going on. For guys who penetrate these days, it’s hunting season. Yes, now you can play (floating)zone(legally), but teams rarely do.”

“The defensive rules, the hand checking, the ability to make contact on a guy in certain areas …. [have] all been taken away from the game. If Kobe could get 81, I think Michael could get 100 in today’s game.”
- Scottie Pippen – January 2006

Hall of Famer Rick Barry, a keen observer of the game, said he would love to see players of the past getting to attack the basket under the new officiating. “They’d score a lot more,” he said.
Tex Winter said. “Players today can get to the basket individually much easier.”
Asked if he could defend Jordan under today’s interpretation of the rules, Dumars first laughed, “It would have been virtually impossible to defend Michael Jordan based on the way the game’s being called right now.”
WCH CM U?

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #347 on: Jul 03, 2013 at 01:01 AM »
Ive read it again sir,and i still believe that the rule changes affects the ability of the team to defend the basket. Just like what the second article is implying. I you can read it again youll be seeing my point. There is no point of debate here. I think it affects how team plays today, you belive the opposite. Its your take, not mine.

no. i do believe those changes and affects how teams play today and thus made adjustments as to how they defend. is today's style of defense worse than back then? i don't think so. as the article pointed out, defenses today are much more sophisticated that we don't need the physical style of defense. those change of rules favor wing players more, i'll give you that but worse? not even close.

again, that article you posted only says that the style of defense before was tougher and more physical but not necessarily better because if the defense today is worse then how come we don't see more teams scoring more than 100, 110, 120, 130 so on and so forth? how many players average more than 30PPG right now compare to the 80's/90's?

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #348 on: Jul 03, 2013 at 01:07 AM »
D12 leaning on staying w/ Lakers...Lakers Management willing to fire MDA to retain D12...

Bring Back Phil! :D

Lakers are re-signing Farmar and Sasha V.
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline dodie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #349 on: Jul 03, 2013 at 01:20 AM »
no. i do believe those changes and affects how teams play today and thus made adjustments as to how they defend. is today's style of defense worse than back then? i don't think so. as the article pointed out, defenses today are much more sophisticated that we don't need the physical style of defense. those change of rules favor wing players more, i'll give you that but worse? not even close.

again, that article you posted only says that the style of defense before was tougher and more physical but not necessarily better because if the defense today is worse then how come we don't see more teams scoring more than 100, 110, 120, 130 so on and so forth? how many players average more than 30PPG right now compare to the 80's/90's?

with due respect sir ..... i still belive otherwise. and beside no one is saying that the defense was better before than today until you mentioned it.
WCH CM U?

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: Re: NBA 2013-2014 <OFFSEASON>
« Reply #350 on: Jul 03, 2013 at 05:58 AM »
D12 leaning on staying w/ Lakers...Lakers Management willing to fire MDA to retain D12...

Bring Back Phil! :D

Lakers are re-signing Farmar and Sasha V.

Now all we need are Lamar Odom, Josh Powell, DJ Mbenga and...Adam Morrison! 2010 team part 2. Lewlz.

Offline Kd Jb

• Trade Count: (+113)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #351 on: Jul 03, 2013 at 06:44 AM »

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #352 on: Jul 03, 2013 at 07:40 AM »

link please... sana mag ka totoo :)

if ever ma punta si DH12 sa GSW, hope we can get Thompson+Barnes.. then get one decent C plus to cut KB24 contract (not 14M max)

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #353 on: Jul 03, 2013 at 08:34 AM »
^ MDA was part of the Laker contingent that made the final sales pitch to Howard, so clearly the message there is MDA will remain the coach should D12 decide to stay with the Lakers. Wonder how LA addressed that much-publicized issue about D12's coaching concerns during their presentation. Anyway, the Indecision will "air" on July 10. Exciting.   :)

Kevin Martin is hooking up with the TWolves. More than a year after the Harden trade, OKC is still reeling from the deal.  Dorell Wright? :P
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2013 at 08:35 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #354 on: Jul 03, 2013 at 09:21 AM »
^ MDA was part of the Laker contingent that made the final sales pitch to Howard, so clearly the message there is MDA will remain the coach should D12 decide to stay with the Lakers. Wonder how LA addressed that much-publicized issue about D12's coaching concerns during their presentation. Anyway, the Indecision will "air" on July 10. Exciting.   :)

Kevin Martin is hooking up with the TWolves. More than a year after the Harden trade, OKC is still reeling from the deal.  Dorell Wright? :P

bummer for them. Head-scratcher pa din yung early trade nila kay Harden when they could've let him stay until this offseason and then sign-and-trade to get better pieces. yan, Jeremy Lamb na lang natitira. haha

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #355 on: Jul 03, 2013 at 10:11 AM »
^ time for jeremy lamb na.. Any news on iguodala? One player I truly admire,
The Pats way...

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #356 on: Jul 03, 2013 at 10:26 AM »
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline Tha_Mann

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 134
« Reply #357 on: Jul 03, 2013 at 11:13 AM »
Now all we need are Lamar Odom, Josh Powell, DJ Mbenga and...Adam Morrison! 2010 team part 2. Lewlz.

what the ??? farmar & sasha? are they tanking this season? hahaha.. I agree bring back Adam "the next Larry Bird" Morrison!

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #358 on: Jul 03, 2013 at 11:17 AM »
bring back Adam "the next Larry Bird" Morrison!

Did they really say that? Hahahaha! You know you've become a legend when they say the next Larry Bird, the next Magic Johnson.  And of course the most used, the next Michael Jordan.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #359 on: Jul 03, 2013 at 11:31 AM »
Did they really say that? Hahahaha! You know you've become a legend when they say the next Larry Bird, the next Magic Johnson.  And of course the most used, the next Michael Jordan.

haha. I think he was touted nga as the next LArry Bird. LMFAO. poor guy. At least he has a ring. haha