Author Topic: NBA 2013-2014 <FINALS>  (Read 521835 times)

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: NBA 2013-2014 <OFFSEASON>
« Reply #660 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 08:45 AM »
Naguluhan ako ke Monta Ellis....

Ellis opted out of the final year of his six-year, $66 million deal with the Bucks to seek a higher contract elsewhere, but so far, Ellis hasn’t received the kind of money he thinks he deserves, according to Broussard.  The former Most Improved Player of the Year from 2007 had turned down a contract extension with the Bucks that would’ve paid him $36 million over three years, but according to Broussard, the 27-year-old is holding out for a four-year deal worth $40 million.

So he opted out the final year of his contract with the Bucks for $11M and turned down an extension of $36M over 3 years...basically $12M/year.  So in four years he would have earned a total of $47M.  But he is looking for a 4yr deal worth $40M?   :o ::)

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #661 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 09:30 AM »
RE: Ellis
insurance din siguro for him yung extra year kahit na lower siya than the 3-year extension. what if he gets injured on the 3rd year? at least sure pa din yung 4th year earnings nya (depending on the terms of the contract).

I guess that's his line of thinking.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #662 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 09:45 AM »
RE: Ellis
insurance din siguro for him yung extra year kahit na lower siya than the 3-year extension. what if he gets injured on the 3rd year? at least sure pa din yung 4th year earnings nya (depending on the terms of the contract).

I guess that's his line of thinking.

Actually pareho lang yun 4 year time frame.  If hindi siya nag opt out, $11M for the 2013-2014 season...then extension the next 3 years averaging $12M/year.  Since he opted out...the 4 year contract he is looking for is $10M for the 2013-2014 season....then average of $10M for the next 3 years.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #663 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM »
Actually pareho lang yun 4 year time frame.  If hindi siya nag opt out, $11M for the 2013-2014 season...then extension the next 3 years averaging $12M/year.  Since he opted out...the 4 year contract he is looking for is $10M for the 2013-2014 season....then average of $10M for the next 3 years.

oh, if that's the case, wtf was he thinking. he must dislike Milwaukee so much. :D

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #664 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM »
MIA + MWP = 115% 3peat :D

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #665 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 12:00 PM »
panalo yun sir."The BIG K.O." nga tawag nila sa kanya.advantage nya is he was a point guard during his high school days kaya marunong humawak ng bola

Kaya pala.. ok din sa ilalim eh, but will know sa regular season..
The Pats way...

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #666 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 12:06 PM »

Pwedehh. Imagine him guarding Paul George, D.Rose/Deng(?) and getting open for 3s.

I bet he'll elbow Danny Granger or someone. ;D

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #667 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 12:46 PM »
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9466869/lakers
I believe many of lakers fans read this article, sana mabasa rin nina Jim Buss at ni Mitch :)

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #668 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 01:14 PM »
No pay cut for Kobe. >:D >:D

“I’m not taking any at all – that’s the negotiation that you have to have.” Kobe Bryant told Lakers Nation in an exclusive interview at his Kobe Basketball Academy on Wednesday. “For me to sit here and say, ‘Oh yeah, I’m just going to take a huge pay cut. Nah, I’m going to try to get as much as I possibly can.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-kobe-bryant-not-planning-to-take-a-pay-cut-in-2014/2013/07/10/
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #669 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 01:44 PM »
No pay cut for Kobe. >:D >:D

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-kobe-bryant-not-planning-to-take-a-pay-cut-in-2014/2013/07/10/

if this is not him just posturing, then I'll have no problem if he becomes an ex-Laker. :D

May absurd article kasi na nagsuggest na Kobe should take the vet minimum para mas madami pang madagdag sa Lakers in 2014. from $32million to $1.2million. Kahit ako di naman papayag if put in a similar situation. at the end of the day - it's all about the money. If Tim and Garnett did not get that kind of deal, why should Kobe.

Siguro posturing nga lang yan. Siyempre aim high pa din yang si Kobe pero the Lakers should not offer him more than $10million per year. Take it or leave it dapat. haha

Tapos he'll go to some crap team for top money. haha So long Kobe.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #670 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 01:57 PM »
if this is not him just posturing, then I'll have no problem if he becomes an ex-Laker. :D

May absurd article kasi na nagsuggest na Kobe should take the vet minimum para mas madami pang madagdag sa Lakers in 2014. from $32million to $1.2million. Kahit ako di naman papayag if put in a similar situation. at the end of the day - it's all about the money. If Tim and Garnett did not get that kind of deal, why should Kobe.

Siguro posturing nga lang yan. Siyempre aim high pa din yang si Kobe pero the Lakers should not offer him more than $10million per year. Take it or leave it dapat. haha

Tapos he'll go to some crap team for top money. haha So long Kobe.

haha pero lakernation website yan all the news na nag katotooo lang dwight and other signing of contract meron din diyan.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #671 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 02:01 PM »
haha pero lakernation website yan all the news na nag katotooo lang dwight and other signing of contract meron din diyan.

originally from Sports Illustrated website yata. ang sinasabi ko lang, mukhang pumuposisyon lang siya for negotiation. kelangan talaga nya tanggapin na magkakapaycut talaga siya pero ang sabi naman nya, kukunin nya yung best deal na pwede nya makuha. siyempre, start ng mataas yan sa negotiation, then eventually you meet in the middle. mukhang vet minimum...that's way bellow the middle. haha

and mukhang ayaw din nya yung MLE @ around 6million. trade sa Wizards yan kung magmatigas na gusto pa din ng mataas sweldo. haha

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #672 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 02:19 PM »
originally from Sports Illustrated website yata. ang sinasabi ko lang, mukhang pumuposisyon lang siya for negotiation. kelangan talaga nya tanggapin na magkakapaycut talaga siya pero ang sabi naman nya, kukunin nya yung best deal na pwede nya makuha. siyempre, start ng mataas yan sa negotiation, then eventually you meet in the middle. mukhang vet minimum...that's way bellow the middle. haha

and mukhang ayaw din nya yung MLE @ around 6million. trade sa Wizards yan kung magmatigas na gusto pa din ng mataas sweldo. haha

Malamang may pay cut pa din yan pero malamang di papayag yan na sobrang laki din. Meron pa naman siya edorsement like nike.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Kd Jb

• Trade Count: (+113)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #673 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 03:50 PM »
Ganda pinapakita ni Jeremy Lamb sa summer league. After hitting the game winner he scored 32pts naman against sixers. Time to shine na lalo at wala na si Kevin Martin sa OKC.

Si Idol jkidd winless pa din. Olats

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #674 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 04:39 PM »
para sa akin nga underpaid pa si Kobe eh :) just like LBJ, in terms of what they bring to their team both basketball and business wise.

Offline Tha_Mann

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 134
« Reply #675 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 05:18 PM »

LOL... the only thing he can contribute now is giving elbows to the opponents. too slow to guard faster and younger SFs, kakainin lang siya ng buhay ni Paul George. inconsistent offense (ok, the heat don't need his offense). and I don't think anyone in their locker room can contain him pag umatake ang topak niya haha..

the heat are better off w/o him.

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #676 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 11:43 PM »
re Kobe: it's just posturing. and he wasn't even serious. check out at the video when/how he said it - very lighthearted tone:

(for those with no EQ, go to the 2:40 mark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ICQCfvv70&feature=c4-overview&list=UUbNWe0snu7U9H2qioNH2nvg
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2013 at 11:44 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #677 on: Jul 12, 2013 at 12:17 AM »
question: sa office nyo ba will you take a pay cut to help your co-workers and boss? haha. i doubt it.

ganyan talaga yan si kobe pagdating sa mga interview. but i think he will accept any reasonable contract given to him after his current contract expires. and if binigyan sya ng lakers na panibagong malaking contract I doubt he will reject it. not his fault but the management.

Offline XanderCage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #678 on: Jul 12, 2013 at 12:21 AM »

kaya pa ba ng cap ng miami yung salary ni Artest? minimum na nga yung binigay nila kay birdman.

pagkakaintindi ko sa amnesty, mawawala lang sya sa cap ng current team but the next team who will pick him up will absorb his current salary. unless im wrong.

ganun kasi nangyari kay billups nung kinuha sya ng clippers after ma amnesty ng knicks.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #679 on: Jul 12, 2013 at 12:33 AM »
kaya pa ba ng cap ng miami yung salary ni Artest? minimum na nga yung binigay nila kay birdman.

pagkakaintindi ko sa amnesty, mawawala lang sya sa cap ng current team but the next team who will pick him up will absorb his current salary. unless im wrong.

ganun kasi nangyari kay billups nung kinuha sya ng clippers after ma amnesty ng knicks.

Pag na amnesty, there would be bidding by teams under the cap.  If no one bids, saka papasok yun teams over the cap.  If a team signs Artest for the vet's minimum, the Lakers will still pay for the balance.  So Miami can sign MWP for the veterans minimum and the Lakers absorbs the rest though not included in the cap.

Offline XanderCage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #680 on: Jul 12, 2013 at 12:56 AM »
good if the heat can get artest, additional big body to rebound and defend. wag lang sya tumira ng bricks. lol

im excited what the new lineup of the Nets can bring next season. strong starting five pero medyo manipis ang bench.

Offline Chain

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 138
« Reply #681 on: Jul 12, 2013 at 04:07 AM »
$6million lang pala guaranteed dun sa sweldo nya. incentive-based yung contract nya. In order to reach $12m, kelangan may goals siya na mareach. sayang talaga yung glass knees nya. If not for that, I'm sure he'll be the best center now.

at least he still can play.un lang talaga.sayang kasi ambata pa nya

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #683 on: Jul 12, 2013 at 06:41 AM »
Nick Young to sign one-year deal with the Lakers

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2510333

In MDA's system, Young would go nuts! :) Good pick-up IMO under the circumstances. Low expectations for this season anyway.
We deserve better.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Re: NBA 2013-2014 <OFFSEASON>
« Reply #684 on: Jul 12, 2013 at 06:43 AM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chicago-bulls-dwight-howard-bolting-l-puts-end-193400669.html

nice ^

Sheesh. What an awful bash article. The dude is a huge Bulls fan. Probably just irate about Kobe being compared to Jordan. He twisted some facts to fit his agenda.

He failed to mention that the Lakers made it to the playoffs with only Kwame, Smush and Odom as the other core players. Only went to jump at the fact that they got Pau, Odom and Bynum. Overall, not an objective read. And his comparison of Kobe's and Wade's average was just stupid. Kobe was a benchwarmer as a rookie. He took a backseat as Eddie Jones started. Wade was the man right from the start or at least earlier than Kobe. This article just reaches in order to put Kobe down.

Just another guy who hates Kobe. I cant wait for that time when Kobe retires so them haters can finally get a life. Lakers will probably have fewer haters then. Hopefully.

But I do agree with one thing - if Kobe gets his 6th ring, he will still not be any closer to Jordan's greatness. Not even close.
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2013 at 06:47 AM by the_w0rks »

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #685 on: Jul 12, 2013 at 06:58 AM »

But I do agree with one thing - if Kobe gets his 6th ring, he will still not be any closer to Jordan's greatness. Not even close.

i think thats the only point of the article. ;)

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Re: NBA 2013-2014 <OFFSEASON>
« Reply #686 on: Jul 12, 2013 at 07:13 AM »

i think thats the only point of the article. ;)

Yep. But he did not have to go about twisting and skipping other facts just to fit his agenda. Haha

Slow day for me to be even saying stuff about it. Haha

Anwyway,in other news, Lakers signed Nick Young. Wow. Farmar,young, meeks,Nash, Blake,Kobe? Small ball +Kaman and Pau. Tanking or just wanna get 8th seed? Cant read what they are trying to do
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2013 at 07:14 AM by the_w0rks »

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #687 on: Jul 12, 2013 at 08:12 AM »
Sheesh. What an awful bash article. The dude is a huge Bulls fan. Probably just irate about Kobe being compared to Jordan. He twisted some facts to fit his agenda.

He failed to mention that the Lakers made it to the playoffs with only Kwame, Smush and Odom as the other core players. Only went to jump at the fact that they got Pau, Odom and Bynum. Overall, not an objective read. And his comparison of Kobe's and Wade's average was just stupid. Kobe was a benchwarmer as a rookie. He took a backseat as Eddie Jones started. Wade was the man right from the start or at least earlier than Kobe. This article just reaches in order to put Kobe down.

Just another guy who hates Kobe. I cant wait for that time when Kobe retires so them haters can finally get a life. Lakers will probably have fewer haters then. Hopefully.

hahaha.. they comparing MJ23 to KB24... it never stop.. MJ23 is MJ23 while KB24 is KB24 period :)

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #688 on: Jul 12, 2013 at 08:30 AM »
Kirilenko signs with the Nets for the mini MLE.  So he left Minnesota foregoing $10M to sign a two year pact for around $6.5-7M total.  Ang lalim na ng Nets.  Puros oldies lang.   :D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #689 on: Jul 12, 2013 at 08:39 AM »
Lakers officially waive Artest via the amnesty provision.  And Lakers officially have no small forward now.   :D