Author Topic: NBA 2013-2014 <FINALS>  (Read 523007 times)

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: NBA 2013-2014 <REGULAR SEASON>
« Reply #2100 on: Feb 09, 2014 at 07:34 PM »
9.8 rpg ang average ni Blake for the year. Malapit-lapit na sa 20-10 criteria. He seems to be averaging a lot less rebounds during the stretch  w/out CP3.

18 games without CP3
- 8.17 rpg
last 10 games w CP3 - 11.2 rpg

It probably has to do being the focal point of the offense during that stretch and being paired up with the top rebounder in the league (Deandre - 14 rpg/15 rpg w/out CP3).

Personally I prefer Blake over Love right now. I've grown a bit skeptical of Love because of his track record of playing in a losing team, poor interior defense and lack of durability.

Love has a tendency of boxing out instead of contesting shots:
[img width=452 height=236]http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3962811/klovedefense.gif[/img
He's 2nd in the league in rebounding but is the league worst (58% OPP FG%/min 6 attempts) at defending the paint.

Sa PER kasi ako nagbebase.  Kevin Love is even 2nd behind Kevin Durant and above Lebron James in PER. While Griffin is no slouch though at number 8 to Love's number 2 according to ESPN. Sa RealGM number 4 si Love, Griffin is 11.   Basketball reference naman has Love at 3 and Griffin at 9.
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2014 at 07:55 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2101 on: Feb 09, 2014 at 09:05 PM »
Di ako masyadong kumpyansa sa PER as an indicator of overall value. Di kasi naisasama sa calculation ng PER yung ibang aspeto ng depensa aside from steals and blocks. I think PER is more useful as a tool for finding underrated role players like Blatche/Drummond/B.Wright. According to Basketball Ref., pareho lang ang PER ni Blake Griffin tsaka ni Brandan Wright. Nakakalito ang computation ng PER na yan  ;D

Personally, I'd like to see someone like K. Love thrive in a winning environment. But until he proves that he can lead his team to the playoffs or even wiinning record, Blake over Love muna. And apparently a majority of the Wolves losses came from really close games, so I guess it's somewhat fixable.
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2014 at 09:06 PM by rusty »

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #2102 on: Feb 10, 2014 at 09:04 AM »
I've watched only a few T'Wolves games but from what I've seen, K.Love is not who he is now because he is on a weak team. I think he will thrive no matter which team you put him in. He has that so-called motor that scouts these days always seem to look for. He really brings the effort every night.

On the contrary, si Blake Griffin, nung andun si Chris Paul, napapansin ko madalas passive. There were a lot of plays na he coulvd've attacked the D' but decided to defer. I haven't watched the Clippers since CP3 went down but hopefully, based on stats, Griffin has changed that already. Pero offensively, BG has a long way to go. He needs to work on extending his range to be a really huge threat. Otherwise, pagdating sa playoffs, kayang kayang i-shutdown yan pag puro inside game like how the Lakers diffused Dwight Howard in the 2009 finals.

Right now, all things considered, I'll take Kevin Love over Bake Griffin. Love beats BG on offense and while BG's athleticism might give him an edge on D, Kevin Love makes up for it with his knack for rebounding the ball.

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2103 on: Feb 10, 2014 at 10:24 AM »
On the contrary, si Blake Griffin, nung andun si Chris Paul, napapansin ko madalas passive. There were a lot of plays na he coulvd've attacked the D' but decided to defer. I haven't watched the Clippers since CP3 went down but hopefully, based on stats, Griffin has changed that already.

Coming out party ni Blake ang injury CP3, but he was already on a tear before that. He was averaging aroung 27pts 11rpg in the last 10 games before CP3 went down. Clips have a better record (12-6/ 10-3 in the first 13 games) when Paul was out largely due to Blake.

. Pero offensively, BG has a long way to go. He needs to work on extending his range to be a really huge threat.

Blake has less range than other top PF's like Aldridge and Love, but he's shooting the ball more efficiently as a whole. His mid-range(15-24 ft) is still creaky but has improved to to 40% (33.5% last year). He's also improved his FT% to around 70%.

pagdating sa playoffs, kayang kayang i-shutdown yan pag puro inside game like how the Lakers diffused Dwight Howard in the 2009 finals.

It's kinda funny how stars get dissed so much for struggling in the playoffs (Blake schooled by Zbo last year/Melo shutdown by Q. Ross early in his career, etc.), but the players who have never played in that level of competition get overrated by people so quickly. I'm sure that guys like Love, Unibrow, Cousins etc. would all have their flaws magnified in the playoffs, but they have to make it there first.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2104 on: Feb 10, 2014 at 11:00 AM »
Not overrating Love. I still don't like him enough due to his lack of athleticism pero he is a hard worker with a very competitive mindset plus he has an inside-outside game. Overall, kelangan talaga ni BG i-improve 15-ft jumper nya to make the D' come out a little on him especially in the playoffs. Kasi if Kevin Love yan, inside-out offense yan, hence, defenders will have to play honest D on him.

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2105 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 08:52 AM »

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2207
« Reply #2106 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 10:55 AM »
^ i'm sure kahit di tumama sa pipes mag fa-flop na yan maiinis lang tayo mag laro!
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2107 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 06:27 PM »
Not overrating Love. I still don't like him enough due to his lack of athleticism pero he is a hard worker with a very competitive mindset plus he has an inside-outside game. Overall, kelangan talaga ni BG i-improve 15-ft jumper nya to make the D' come out a little on him especially in the playoffs. Kasi if Kevin Love yan, inside-out offense yan, hence, defenders will have to play honest D on him.

Just like Tim Duncan they both live with the fundamentals despite their lack of athleticism and above that, they're both very intelligent players.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #2108 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 06:57 PM »
I sure would love to have... Love with Miami. :)

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2109 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 07:15 PM »
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1955284-lebron-james-puts-on-a-practice-dunk-show-in-phoenix?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Lebron, IMO, will never join individual contests such as a Slam Dunk or a One on One match.  For him, basketball is always a team sport.  Parang mentality ni Jaworski nung araw.  Ayaw sumali sa mga one on one or mga 3 point contests.

Let's be content with seeing Lebron do sick dunks in practice and warm ups ;D

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2110 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 07:49 PM »
Or maybe he's not as confident as we expect him to be ;D I mean, when he couldn't do it in Cleveland, he went to Miami to join 2 superstars. He never believed he could do it on his own.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2111 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 07:54 PM »
Sa sobrang hina ng east the last couple of years or so, tingin ko napag champion na niya siguro ang Cleveland if he had stayed with the Cavs. Maybe his reputation wouldn't have been as battered as the one after the decision.

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #2112 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 07:55 PM »
Or maybe he's not as confident as we expect him to be ;D I mean, when he couldn't do it in Cleveland, he went to Miami to join 2 superstars. He never believed he could do it on his own.

Uhm.. name 1 player who did it on his own? Shaq? Gasol? Kobe? <-- ah yeah on his own he won the Dunk Contest.. oh ok I got it. ;D

Sa sobrang hina ng east the last couple of years or so, tingin ko napag champion na niya siguro ang Cleveland if he had stayed with the Cavs. Maybe his reputation wouldn't have been as battered as the one after the decision.

Also Spoelstra >>>> Brown. Who would wanted to stay with that guy(brown)? ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2014 at 07:58 PM by rexFi »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2113 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 08:00 PM »
Also Spoelstra >>>> Brown. Who would wanted to stay with that guy(brown)? ;D

Nope.  Not Brown.  I believe the Cavs just hired Byron Scott then when Lebron left.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 379
« Reply #2114 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 08:04 PM »

Without any Lebron nuthugging whatsoever - I cant recall any great/transcendent NBA player believing or claiming he can do it on his own.

Even Jordan clashed with BULLS management to build the best team around him ...... Kobe pouted post-Shaq, only to be given Gasol, etc.

Lebron was well within his rights to leave Cleveland - taking less money to boot. He has won championships & MVP awards, while being dominant and playing unselfish basketball ..... yet he still gets panned.

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #2115 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 08:06 PM »
Nope.  Not Brown.  I believe the Cavs just hired Byron Scott then when Lebron left.

Too late of a move by the Cavs Front Office "the decision" was already made and the ESPN special was just a formality.

So yes I think Brown and the Front office was the main reasons for leaving.

« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2014 at 08:07 PM by rexFi »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2116 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 08:07 PM »
Without any Lebron nuthugging whatsoever - I cant recall any great/transcendent NBA player believing or claiming he can do it on his own.

Even Jordan clashed with BULLS management to build the best team around him ...... Kobe pouted post-Shaq, only to be given Gasol, etc.

Lebron was well within his rights to leave Cleveland - taking less money to boot. He has won championships & MVP awards, while being dominant and playing unselfish basketball ..... yet he still gets panned.

Correct.  You can't say Lebron made a big mistake.  Parang si Ray Allen.  You can't say he made a mistake leaving Boston. He won a ring in Miami.

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #2117 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 08:12 PM »
Speaking of the Cavs, ano nangyari kay Irving? Akala ko next Kobe siya eh. :)

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2118 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 08:15 PM »
Too late of a move by the Cavs Front Office "the decision" was already made and the ESPN special was just a formality.

So yes I think Brown and the Front office was the main reasons for leaving.

How can it be too late when the hiring of Byron Scott came before "The Decision".  If you are going with speculation, then actually the agreement to play together was made during the 2008 Olympics.  Then that would even be worse for Lebron's reputation.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2119 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 08:25 PM »
Simply put, Lebron left CLEVELAND for MIAMI, to have his best shot of winning a championship.

Whether by design or not, it was a good opportunity for Lebron to hook up with other elite players to have a shot at a championship ....... and they did.

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #2120 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 08:26 PM »
How can it be too late when the hiring of Byron Scott came before "The Decision".  If you are going with speculation, then actually the agreement to play together was made during the 2008 Olympics.  Then that would even be worse for Lebron's reputation.

Not 2008. My "speculation" would be when the Free Agency is already looming that's where he made his decision then the ESPN special because of Brown and the Cavs FO.
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2014 at 08:27 PM by rexFi »

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #2121 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 08:28 PM »
Simply put, Lebron left CLEVELAND for MIAMI, to have his best shot of winning a championship.

Whether by design or not, it was a good opportunity for Lebron to hook up with other elite players to have a shot at a championship ....... and they did.

Pat Riley >>>> Whole Cavs FO. ;D

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2122 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 08:34 PM »
Pat Riley >>>> Whole Cavs FO. ;D

Exactly ....... regardless of who owned, coached or managed the CAVS, Lebron was leaving for Riley's blueprint for success.

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #2123 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 08:40 PM »
Exactly ....... regardless of who owned, coached or managed the CAVS, Lebron was leaving for Riley's blueprint for success.

Nahh Mike Brown sucks and still sucking. ;D

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2124 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 09:25 PM »
Uhm.. name 1 player who did it on his own? Shaq? Gasol? Kobe? <-- ah yeah on his own he won the Dunk Contest.. oh ok I got it. ;D

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I thought I made my point. Hmmm, here goes, to be the man, you gotta beat the man. Ok na ba yun?

Online dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #2125 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 09:38 PM »
i just cant believe meron pa ring tao na naniniwalang one man team ang basketball... he he he... para maconsidered na magaling ay kailangan niyang dalhin mag-isa ang team to championship... tsk...
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Re: NBA 2013-2014 <REGULAR SEASON>
« Reply #2126 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 10:22 PM »
Speaking of the Cavs, ano nangyari kay Irving? Akala ko next Kobe siya eh. :)

Huuhh??? Where did you get that "next kobe" idea? They play different positions and maliit si Irving to be compared to a player like Kobe.

Lacking pa si Irving. Nag.regress din kasi di nya siguro trip yung team nya.
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2014 at 08:11 AM by the_w0rks »

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #2127 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 10:58 PM »
^ 1-2 season atah nya for some reason. :) but you're right nawala na.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I thought I made my point. Hmmm, here goes, to be the man, you gotta beat the man. Ok na ba yun?

ilang season MVPs and Finals MVPs na nga si LBJ? ;D ilan na si Shaq? hehe.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2128 on: Feb 12, 2014 at 11:00 AM »

ilang season MVPs and Finals MVPs na nga si LBJ? ;D ilan na si Shaq? hehe.

Yun na nga e, ang galing galing di ba? Kayang-kaya naman nya e, lumipat pa ng Miami.

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2129 on: Feb 12, 2014 at 12:28 PM »
lufet ng steal and jam "direct face windmil floater dunk".. the best dunk ever ni LBJ6 this season

sarap ulit ulitin :)

mukhang nakikiuso na din .. sa mga nag windmill Jam   O0
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2014 at 12:32 PM by ayosbathere »