Author Topic: NBA 2013-2014 <FINALS>  (Read 521864 times)

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: NBA 2013-2014 <REGULAR SEASON>
« Reply #2430 on: Mar 04, 2014 at 12:02 PM »
Great feat by Lebron. Not to take anything away from what he accomplished but he totally could have gone out of the game as early as the start of the 4th quarter when he already had 53points or when he broke Glen Rice's record when he got to 57 points. But Spo kept him in there to purely stat pad and nothing else. :D

Compare that to when Carmelo scored 62 points. After breaking Kobe's MSG scoring record with a lot of time remaining in the 4th quarter, lumabas na siya sa game. Just sayin. :D

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2431 on: Mar 04, 2014 at 12:04 PM »
^^The Bobcats waived BG after the playoff eligibility deadline. Kahit kunin sya ng playoff bound team, di sya qualified.

Gusto ko mapanood ang replay ng laro ni halimaw.  ;D

« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2014 at 12:06 PM by rusty »

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2432 on: Mar 04, 2014 at 12:21 PM »
Relevant: The Truth Behind Wilt Chamberlain's 100-Point Game

The playoff-bound Warriors were facing the lowly Knicks, who would finish with the league's second-worst record and were missing Phil Jordon, their starting center-forward. The official story was that he was suffering from the flu, though his teammates knew better.

...the rest of the Warriors did everything they could do to manufacture such a ridiculous outing. Chamberlain admitted as much during the autobiographical Wilt. According to the big man himself, "But my teammates wanted me to do it, too. They started feeding me the ball even when they were wide open."

Sixty-three shots from the field in a single game? Some players go a dozen outings without attempting that many shots.

Basketball-Reference shows that in the last three decades, only 22 games have been recorded in which a player lofted up at least 40 attempts from the field. No one has broken past 50, though Michael Jordan came close when he took 49 shots against the Orlando Magic in 1993.
"From accounts of how it went down, the Warriors spent almost the entire fourth quarter fouling to get the ball back and force-feeding Chamberlain the ball," writes CBS Sports' Royce Young. "New York coach Eddie Donovan said, 'The game was a farce. They would foul us and we would foul them.' Chamberlain's shot attempts by quarter: 14, 12, 16, 21. You think in a blowout in today's game that a team would keeping feeding their star like that?"

Offline Seryo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2433 on: Mar 04, 2014 at 12:28 PM »
^Good read.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #2434 on: Mar 04, 2014 at 01:01 PM »
Lebron's shot chart for his 61-point game. What stands out for me is the three-point shooting. When he shoots like that, Halimaw na talaga.

Your move, KD :) Kaso nandyan na pala si Westbrook...
We deserve better.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2435 on: Mar 04, 2014 at 01:27 PM »
Great win by the Lakers, 107 - 106 over Portland via an alley hoop pass to Wesley Johnson. 

Go Lakers .... paminsan minsan!! hahahaha

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2436 on: Mar 04, 2014 at 01:33 PM »
Man, the Lakers need to keep losing to distance themselves from the Jazz and Kings. A win today is a loss for the future. :(

Lebron's shot chart for his 61-point game. What stands out for me is the three-point shooting. When he shoots like that, Halimaw na talaga.

Your move, KD :) Kaso nandyan na pala si Westbrook...

The Thunder was a better team with Reggie Jackson manning the point and Durant freestyling. Si Westbrook dapat off the bench na lang e. Yaan na lang nilang magsulk basta maganda chemistry ni Durant and Reggie Jax

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2437 on: Mar 04, 2014 at 02:06 PM »
Great win by the Lakers, 107 - 106 over Portland via an alley hoop pass to Wesley Johnson. 

Just saw the clip of the winning play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVLb1elo6p8 I think the Lakers have executed a similar game-winning play before?

I've also always wondered if the inbounder is credited with an assist for that kind of a play. Hindi siguro because he's out of bounds so, strictly speaking, the pass was not made during live play?
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2014 at 02:08 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2438 on: Mar 04, 2014 at 02:15 PM »
I've also always wondered if the inbounder is credited with an assist for that kind of a play. Hindi siguro because he's out of bounds so, strictly speaking, the pass was not made during live play?

Credited, accdg sa play-by-play ng ESPN.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2439 on: Mar 04, 2014 at 02:17 PM »
Credited, accdg sa play-by-play ng ESPN.

Ah okay. Salamat, sir!
We deserve better.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2440 on: Mar 04, 2014 at 02:56 PM »
Just saw the clip of the winning play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVLb1elo6p8 I think the Lakers have executed a similar game-winning play before?

Should be an assist.  Jaworski, the all time assist leader in the PBA, had many of those inbound passes back in the day.  They used to call it "nakaw" pass. 

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #2441 on: Mar 04, 2014 at 02:58 PM »

great win but they're ruining the tank!. got to drive the tank further into the lottery. 2 game winning streak na tuloy. :( ;D >:D

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2442 on: Mar 05, 2014 at 08:32 AM »

Kobe Bryant fueled by naysayers

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10549900/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-says-revenge-sweet-quick

"next year it ain't gonna be this way."

I say, Kobe should pass me whatever he is smoking. Gramps is delusional at this point. He doesn't even know which players from this team are staying. For all we know, they could just be as bad as this year's team. haha

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2443 on: Mar 05, 2014 at 08:49 AM »
Kobe Bryant fueled by naysayers
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10549900/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-says-revenge-sweet-quick

"next year it ain't gonna be this way."

Yan din sabi niya before this season began.  Ganyan din reaction niya when ESPN ranked him as the NBA's 25th best player iirc.  Then the Lakers were ranked 12th in the West.  Revenge is gonna be sweet daw.   ;D  Pero ano nangyari?  Kobe only played 6 games....so di hamak na mas mababa pa sa 25th yun ranking niya.  Then the Lakers are dead last in the West.  Compliment pa nga yun 12th seed nila.   ;D

Oftentimes it's better to just be quiet than to open your mouth and look like a fool.   ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2014 at 08:50 AM by DVD_Freak »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2444 on: Mar 05, 2014 at 09:06 AM »
Yep. At this point in his career, Kobe is just all bark and no bite. His mind is very, very willing to do it all but his body just can't do what his mind wants it to do.

Besides, Kupchak has made it clear that they will not be spending that much in the offseason regardless if they have a big cap space (which they could have had more if they didn't sign Kobe to that BS contract). The only chance for the Lakers to actually get better is if they find a real diamond in the next draft. Otherwise, it's going to be a continuation of suckfest next season.

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2445 on: Mar 05, 2014 at 10:54 AM »
is it his fault that he fractured his knee 6 games into the season? who knows what could have happened this season if he played.

alangan sabihin nya, "it's fine that im 25th in the ranking I deserve it" or "nah our team suck, just count us out we are not going to make it". LOL.
« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2014 at 10:55 AM by XanderCage »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2446 on: Mar 05, 2014 at 11:09 AM »
is it his fault that he fractured his knee 6 games into the season? who knows what could have happened this season if he played.

alangan sabihin nya, "it's fine that im 25th in the ranking I deserve it" or "nah our team suck, just count us out we are not going to make it". LOL.

Lahat naman nung conceivable factors considered na ng espn when they ranked Kobe as a player and the Laker team. Alam nila galing na sa injury.  Bleacher Report has actually stated that espn was actually betting against a fully healthy Bryant.  Even if hindi naman na injure si Kobe, he will not be the same this season.  LOL!  Hindi naman alangan naman sabihin niya.... dapat wala na lang siya sinabi.  Hindi naman siya tinatanong.  Alam ko sa twitter siya nagreact.   ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2014 at 11:16 AM by DVD_Freak »

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2447 on: Mar 05, 2014 at 12:02 PM »

Offline prototypeone

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 199
« Reply #2448 on: Mar 05, 2014 at 11:03 PM »
Natawa ako dito nung nakita ko  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOT3hiwwAg0
Say hello to my little friend!

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2449 on: Mar 06, 2014 at 11:18 AM »
With approximately 20 games left each for the Pacers, Heat, Spurs and Thunder.

The Pacers are losing steam down the stretch after leading most of the way.
The Heat playing inconsistently still hanging on and now goin strong down the finish line.
The Thunder trying to play more consistent with Westbrook back.
The Spurs still hanging tough despite injuries on key players and pacing strategies from their coach.

Who do you think will clinch the #1 over seed?
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2450 on: Mar 06, 2014 at 11:45 AM »
With approximately 20 games left each for the Pacers, Heat, Spurs and Thunder.

The Pacers are losing steam down the stretch after leading most of the way.
The Heat playing inconsistently still hanging on and now goin strong down the finish line.
The Thunder trying to play more consistent with Westbrook back.
The Spurs still hanging tough despite injuries on key players and pacing strategies from their coach.

Who do you think will clinch the #1 over seed?

I'll go with the team that has the best player in the world right now ;D

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2451 on: Mar 06, 2014 at 12:36 PM »
^ Good call going with Oklahoma Thunder with Kevin Durant as the best player in the world right now...

LOL

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2452 on: Mar 06, 2014 at 12:49 PM »
^ Good call going with Oklahoma Thunder with Kevin Durant as the best player in the world right now...

LOL

OO nga ano?  If you look at the stats, KD is clearly on top and may even be the MVP this year :

Durant is averaging 31.6 points per game, 7.7 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 21 double-doubles and has two triple-doubles. James is putting up 27.5 points, 7.0 rebounds, 6.4 assists, 10 double-doubles and has zero triple-doubles. James has led the Heat to a 43-14 record, while Durant’s Thunder are 45-15 on the season after playing most of the year without their second best player.
Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/03/04/nba-mvp-race-even-after-lebron-james-61-point-game-kevin-durant-still-holds-the-lead/?sTwm5O8WgVXsepRh.99

But I don't think King James is ready to give up his BEST IN THE WORLD status yet to the Slim Reaper. ^-^

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2453 on: Mar 06, 2014 at 09:58 PM »
Comparing Durant and LBJ?
Let's face it LBJ has already proved to be one the best by winning championships while Durant despite his firey form during the eliminations hasn't proven anything so far.
I would hate to see KD get old and retire without winning a Ring just like some NBA greats in Ewing, Malone and Stockton, Nash, Barkley, Wilkins, etc.

Btw just for comparison sake, which guard is better in your personal opinion? John Wall or Kyrie Irving?
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Seryo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2454 on: Mar 07, 2014 at 02:33 AM »
^Kyrie, all the way.

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2455 on: Mar 07, 2014 at 03:26 AM »
Kyrie has the better skills in my opinion, he just lacks heart, parang tinatamad plus a lot of complaints from his camp that he wants to leave cleveland.

John wall on the other hand has the better supporting cast this season hence the better record.

Offline Seryo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2456 on: Mar 07, 2014 at 04:15 AM »
^Balita ko sa mga nababasa ko, sobrang basura daw ugali nung Dion Waiters.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2457 on: Mar 07, 2014 at 08:50 AM »
Let's face it LBJ has already proved to be one the best by winning championships while Durant despite his firey form during the eliminations hasn't proven anything so far.
I would hate to see KD get old and retire without winning a Ring just like some NBA greats in Ewing, Malone and Stockton, Nash, Barkley, Wilkins, etc.

Btw just for comparison sake, which guard is better in your personal opinion? John Wall or Kyrie Irving?

Ako naman eh nagbibiro lang sa comment ni mattia. si mattia naman nicompare agad. nyahaha

Lebron might flop a lot pero di talaga maitatanggi yung kagalingan nya. Best player in the world talaga.

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2458 on: Mar 07, 2014 at 11:07 AM »

Lillard :)

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2459 on: Mar 07, 2014 at 11:12 AM »
Ako naman eh nagbibiro lang sa comment ni mattia. si mattia naman nicompare agad. nyahaha

Lebron might flop a lot pero di talaga maitatanggi yung kagalingan nya. Best player in the world talaga.

Actually I agree with you. Lebron is still the best player this half decade. Ang pagkakaintindi ko rin best player sabi kasi......right now.  And this season undeniably, Durant is the best player in the world right now.  But the last 5 years, Lebron pa rin.