Author Topic: NBA 2013-2014 <FINALS>  (Read 521863 times)

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: NBA 2013-2014 <REGULAR SEASON>
« Reply #3180 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 01:57 PM »
Asa.  ;D

Si Rondo bagay, si Melo hindi masyado. Mas bagay si Melo mag-sign and trade sa Bulls. Leading scorer nila sa regular season si DJ Augustin, kaya kamote sila sa playoffs  ;D

haha

nakakatawa mga reaction ng Rockets fans! Sobra yung hate nila kay Lin and sa refs. haha

one more non call na naalala ko was yung foul ni Beverly kay Batum sa overtime. That non call led to an easy drive to the basket tuloy.

Offline Kd Jb

• Trade Count: (+113)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3181 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 02:31 PM »
Free trial p b ang league pass? Skin kasi 1 week na gumagana sa ps3 wala naman ako sinubscribe na package at walang cc na naka tie up sa free league pass acct ko
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2014 at 02:31 PM by Kd Jb »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3182 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 02:57 PM »
Free trial p b ang league pass? Skin kasi 1 week na gumagana sa ps3 wala naman ako sinubscribe na package at walang cc na naka tie up sa free league pass acct ko

meron nga yata free trial. 7 days, i think?

Offline Kd Jb

• Trade Count: (+113)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: Re: NBA 2013-2014 <REGULAR SEASON>
« Reply #3183 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 03:16 PM »
meron nga yata free trial. 7 days, i think?

Ah kaya cguro. Sarap kasi manuod sa big screen kesa sa ipad or iphone. Hehe

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #3184 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 04:31 PM »

I don't think the Rockets should overreact if they get eliminated. They've got Harden and D12 locked up in the foreseeable future.They've some promising young players (TJones, Beverley, Parsons) and some huge expiring contracts (Lin/Asik) for trading. But maybe Mchale should get canned in the offseason.

Ako naman McHale is a decent coach but a great mentor for Dwight.  Kita naman ang laki ng improvement on the post.  What they need is a good PG.  Beverly is a keeper but should be a third guard off the bench.  He is not really a playmaker but a great on the ball defender.  I have questions on his decision making as well as his handles.  Lin should be let go.  And you are right, Rockets should try to get Rondo.  It solves two of their needs.... an able PG and the 3rd all star for their long wanted vision of a big 3.

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 960
« Reply #3185 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 04:39 PM »
When the Rockets got Dwight last year many sportscasters wondered how he will be integrated to the offense without stifling the number one asset of Houston which is the run and gun offense. It is now beginning to show up.

Dwight demands ball = everybody stands still. Houston runs the fast paced offense = Dwight complains.

If he would just play ball and concentrate on defense they wouldn't be down 3 - 1. Game 2 he scored a whole lot but it mired Houston's offense so much. Result was a loss.

A year ago they went deeper in the playoffs with the same cast of players less Howard.

Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3186 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 04:46 PM »
When the Rockets got Dwight last year many sportscasters wondered how he will be integrated to the offense without stifling the number one asset of Houston which is the run and gun offense. It is now beginning to show up.

Dwight demands ball = everybody stands still. Houston runs the fast paced offense = Dwight complains.

If he would just play ball and concentrate on defense they wouldn't be down 3 - 1. Game 2 he scored a whole lot but it mired Houston's offense so much. Result was a loss.

A year ago they went deeper in the playoffs with the same cast of players less Howard.

Dwight should learn how to play the pick and roll like how Amare Stoudamire perfected with Steve Nash as the facilitator.
That way he can attack the basket w/o goin thru much double teaming from the opposing teams.
He should do the pick and roll with James Harden who has ability dribble past his defenders and drive strong to the basket.

Steve Kerr offered by PhilJax to coach the Knick?
I think he's a good choice since he played under Jackson and Popovich and with the full support of the Managaement plus a good blend of veteran and rookies, he can do it.
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2014 at 04:55 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3187 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 04:47 PM »
Remember they gave up Kyle Lowry AND Goran Dragic to get Lin. What a bad move.

Lowry is averaging 22PPG now with Toronto and Dragic well he is the most improved player and he almost single handedly gift wrapped a playoff berth to the fans of Phoenix.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3188 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 04:56 PM »

I don't think it's Dwight's fault alone.  Harden has been super tentative that leads to isolating Dwight on the box.  If Harden concentrates on penetrating to the basket and scoring instead of simply foul-baiting, maybe he could be more of a threat on the floor.  I remember last year's version of Harden as being more aggressive going to the hoop compared to this year.  This season, his game is more of jump shooting.

Then last year's playoff run I think is not comparable to this year.  Westbrook was out which the Thunder never recovered.  This version of the Blazers are deadlier than last playoffs' Thunder where it was really just basically Durant.  Jackson was not the force that he is right now.  Then 3 of the 4 games went into OT.  So it could have gone either way during regulation.  The Rockets could have been the one up 3-1.  Also the series last playoffs ended in 6 games.  So if the Rockets win the next game, they already went as deep as last season though more disappointing since they have Howard this year.

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3189 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 04:56 PM »
Dwight should learn how to play the pick and roll like how Amare Stoudamire perfected with Steve Nash as the facilitator.
That way he can attack the basket w/o goin thru much double teaming from the opposing teams.
He should do the pick and roll with James Harden who has ability dribble past his defenders and drive strong to the basket.

Agree that he would be devastating if he runs the PNR with the Beard though the variations of their version of the PNR will be less because he doesn't have a midrange game and he will just dive towards the basket all night. He might average 30ppg if he does that but for some reason he won't. What he wants is to get the ball and the pound it for 10 to 12 seconds to get into position for that baby hook. That's his only go to move.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2195
« Reply #3190 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 05:11 PM »
Wala nang pagasa si Dwight. Yun na yun, wala nang improvement mangyayari. Ang tagal na nyang player.

I am most disappointed with Jeremy Lin. Sayang sya di sya nag improve this playoffs.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3191 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 05:19 PM »
Agree that he would be devastating if he runs the PNR with the Beard though the variations of their version of the PNR will be less because he doesn't have a midrange game and he will just dive towards the basket all night. He might average 30ppg if he does that but for some reason he won't. What he wants is to get the ball and the pound it for 10 to 12 seconds to get into position for that baby hook. That's his only go to move.

Shaq also didnt have a midrange jumper but he did dominate the paint so it all boils down how a coach can view and know how to maximize DH's limited but dominating presence.
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2014 at 05:20 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3192 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 05:21 PM »
Ngayon ko lang nakita yung last steal play ni Matthews that sealed the game, binulaga pala si Beverly biglang lumitaw sa screen kaya na agaw yung bola. Defense talaga nagkatalo.

Btw, ano yung drama ni Harden at Mo Williams at the end of the game?
Yamaha AVR-S80
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3193 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 05:23 PM »

Btw, ano yung drama ni Harden at Mo Williams at the end of the game?

Pinamumukha kasi ni Mo Williams yun panalo nila.  Nagyabang pa kasi itong si Williams.

Offline thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3194 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 05:25 PM »
I miss the likes of Shaq. Sya talaga yung unstoppable sa post. Sa kanya ata nauso yung "Sumakay ka pa"!

Walang sinabi si Superman Dwight kay Superman Shaq! Not even close.
Yamaha AVR-S80
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
Re: Re: NBA 2013-2014 <REGULAR SEASON>
« Reply #3195 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 06:18 PM »

As a Lakers fan, I can tell you that this is what MDA asked him to do last year. But he (along with Pau) refused to roll hard to the basket.

It appears he wants to be known as a low post scorer. Not just a dunker, which is what he would be if he ran the P&R all the time. (IIRC, he was happy being a dunker when he was with Orlando, but Shaq continually criticized him that dunking is the only thing he does, so he got it into his head to go to the opposite extreme and want to post up only). This is why he wanted to play for Phil rather than MDA.

So good luck to the Rockets convincing him to roll to the basket =)

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3196 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 06:33 PM »
DH and Pau obviously can't compliment each other. Both are post players and both like to be given the ball down low but I like Pau's post pivoting moves  more compared to those of DH.
Another thing is both centers styles of play are not applicable to the system of MDA becoz they are not as mobile as a Stoudamire or a Josh Smith who will fit perfectly to the run and gun high octane style of MDA.

Sometimes as a coach, one should know how to utilize the strength of his players rather than force them to do things which they're very uncomfortable specially if they are unable to adjust swiftly.
I think a coach like Doc Rivers will make DH a better player.
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2014 at 06:39 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 209
« Reply #3197 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 07:25 PM »
Go Mavs! Dirk fan here.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3198 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 08:43 PM »
Sana ganito na ang playoff format next year... Go Adam Silver!  ;D

It's ridiculous that the Spurs with their league best record is facing the 10th best team, while the Heat (5th best) is having a cakewalk while facing the Bobcats (16th best). On top of that, Phoenix (13th best) has a chance to end up with Wiggins/Embiid/Parker in the lottery, making the West more formidable. They should be taking on the struggling Pacers in the 1st RD instead.
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2014 at 08:56 PM by rusty »

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #3199 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 09:11 PM »
IMHO kahit anong format kung magaling ka magaling ka, kahit sino makaharap mo, kahit kailan, kahit saan. I think every league and not just the NBA must put more attention and improve their officiating kasi yun minsan ang nag-iispell sa kahihinatnan ng laro at chances ng isang magaling na koponan.

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3200 on: Apr 28, 2014 at 10:32 PM »
IMHO kahit anong format kung magaling ka magaling ka, kahit sino makaharap mo, kahit kailan, kahit saan.

lol kalokohan ano pa silbi ng standings eh di sana ginawa na lang bunutan yung playoffs. anong klaseng reasoning yun.

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #3201 on: Apr 29, 2014 at 02:00 AM »
I don't think it's Dwight's fault alone.  Harden has been super tentative that leads to isolating Dwight on the box.  If Harden concentrates on penetrating to the basket and scoring instead of simply foul-baiting, maybe he could be more of a threat on the floor.  I remember last year's version of Harden as being more aggressive going to the hoop compared to this year.  This season, his game is more of jump shooting.

Then last year's playoff run I think is not comparable to this year.  Westbrook was out which the Thunder never recovered.  This version of the Blazers are deadlier than last playoffs' Thunder where it was really just basically Durant.  Jackson was not the force that he is right now.  Then 3 of the 4 games went into OT.  So it could have gone either way during regulation.  The Rockets could have been the one up 3-1.  Also the series last playoffs ended in 6 games.  So if the Rockets win the next game, they already went as deep as last season though more disappointing since they have Howard this year.

+1

This series is like a boxing match to me, they are at it for 48 minutes and the pace is relentless.  I wish it was a best of 11 ( I feel the same with the mem-okc series). I'm having so much fun watching it that I dont want the series to end!
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline reenoip

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3202 on: Apr 29, 2014 at 03:24 AM »
Sana ganito na ang playoff format next year... Go Adam Silver!  ;D

It's ridiculous that the Spurs with their league best record is facing the 10th best team, while the Heat (5th best) is having a cakewalk while facing the Bobcats (16th best). On top of that, Phoenix (13th best) has a chance to end up with Wiggins/Embiid/Parker in the lottery, making the West more formidable. They should be taking on the struggling Pacers in the 1st RD instead.

kawawa east dito pag natuloy.. mas konting team ang makakapasok kumpara sa west..

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #3203 on: Apr 29, 2014 at 05:54 AM »
Al Jefferson has been ruled out for Game 4 today. Tipid-kuryente time :) IND-ATL and SAS-DAL na lang. Must-win games for both top seeds.
We deserve better.

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3204 on: Apr 29, 2014 at 06:10 AM »
kawawa east dito pag natuloy.. mas konting team ang makakapasok kumpara sa west..

sa playoffs lang dapat to, regular season same standing pa rin yung top 8 ng east and west. then dun na i rank yung top 16 teams pag playoffs na.

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #3205 on: Apr 29, 2014 at 07:39 AM »
imho, ok lang naman yung current east vs west seeding. nothing wrong with it.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3206 on: Apr 29, 2014 at 08:06 AM »
Ang tagal magstart ng games today. Hehe

Only 2 games lang pala scheduled today. :(

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #3207 on: Apr 29, 2014 at 08:57 AM »
If it's of any consolation,we get to see an elimination game :)

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2657
« Reply #3208 on: Apr 29, 2014 at 08:58 AM »
Ang tagal magstart ng games today. Hehe

Only 2 games lang pala scheduled today. :(

If it's of any consolation,we get to see an elimination game :)

malay mo makaisa, bilog ang bola  >:D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline 2fast2furious

• Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #3209 on: Apr 29, 2014 at 09:02 AM »
ATL leading IND by 20 points. although still a long way to go.