Author Topic: NBA 2013-2014 <FINALS>  (Read 521192 times)

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: NBA 2013-2014 <PLAYOFFS>
« Reply #4050 on: May 19, 2014 at 12:11 PM »
Kay Vonleh ako intrigued.  I think he will turn out to be the best among 4s including Randle  and Aaron Goodwin.
I'm surprised his stock has gone up so high. I wouldn't want him on my Lakers though.

I'd go Wiggins>Exum>Smart>Randle>Gordon. Jabari, Embiid, Vonleh, no-no for me. But I hope most of the top picks blossom to be good players in the future. Would be nice for the league.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4051 on: May 19, 2014 at 12:26 PM »
Damn, lost my bet :(  I actually thought the Heat will come out strong.  Failed to read also that the Heat has a penchant for losing game 1s.  Damn.  Bawi ulit next game but it's hard to start the week with a loss.. >:(

Anyway, great game by the Pacers.  When they play good, they ARE REALLY GOOD.  107 pts is their biggest production thus far in the playoffs.  I guess this is because pinipilit pa rin ng Heat ang small ball nila eh.  Sometimes, I'd like the Heat to lose in the finals so that Pat Riley can once and for all get rid of this small ball.  Pero if they keep winning, who can argue with success?  But I believe, sooner or later the small ball won't work against the ever improving big men in the NBA.

Odds for Game 2 still the same so far at +2 for IND.  I'm going Miami.  I'm expecting the Big 3 to be on attack mode on Wednesday ;D

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4052 on: May 19, 2014 at 12:38 PM »
Good read on Miami's Small Ball technique.  And Indiana's size built to to cool off Miami...

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/24566418/pacers-do-what-that-they-were-built-to-do-beat-heat-in-playoffs

The Pacers have a lot of size, and a lot of girth, and a lot of moxie. And the Heat are in a lot of trouble.

They don't see it that way, of course, which is fine. The Miami Heat of this LeBron-Dwyane Wade era have lost the first game of a seven-game series four times -- and they won the series all four times. Been here? Done that. And they were talking on Sunday like a team that expects to do it again.....

.... Maybe so. But what if "figuring it out" requires changing the roster? Bringing in a center who can handle Hibbert -- and a power forward who can slow down West?/i]

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4053 on: May 19, 2014 at 12:46 PM »
I'm not too sold on Randle.  Not really tall, hefty and athletic enough to play the 4 in the NBA.  He will have a hard time bullying his way inside to score.  But if he can pattern his play after Zach Randolph, then he would be decent enough.  Even following Big Baby Davis would earn himself a career in the NBA.

Ako rin di ako masyadong sold kay Randle. He actually acquitted himself pretty well in the combine. His max vertical is comparable to Blake Griffin (35.5 in), and his wingspan is longer than was previously measured (7'0, still 5 inches shorter than Randolph). Which probably means that the fact that he has low defensive stats has less to do with his athleticism/wingspan, and is more likely the cause of his poor defensive awareness.

Lottery picks with low steal rates comparable to Randle (1.0): Kevin Love (1.4), Joe Alexander (1.3), Hasheem Thabeet (1.1), Spencer Hawes (1.0), and Ike Diogu (0.8 ). Except for Love, not very good company.

He's also very TO prone, and hasn't developed any semblance of a mid-range game. He mostly relies on bullying smaller  opponents on the post in college. His high ranking on draft boards is mostly due to hype from his high school career.

Noah Vonleh is definitely more intriguing. He has the ideal size (2nd longest wingspan in the combine, 2nd longest recorded hand width in the combine database, 37 in vert ), can block shots and has a mid-range game. I haven't checked out some of the late lottery international guys (Saric/Nurkic), but they also seem more intriguing than Randle.

I also like Aaron Gordon, but I don't think he should be picked over someone who you think is gonna be a star. He's more of a role player/intangibles kind of guy.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014 at 01:02 PM by rusty »

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4054 on: May 19, 2014 at 01:20 PM »

lezzgo. haha

bakit wala si Parker dyan.. sureball na malamang si Parker sa bucks hehehe

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4055 on: May 19, 2014 at 02:06 PM »
bakit wala si Parker dyan.. sureball na malamang si Parker sa bucks hehehe

Most Lakers fans don't want him. haha

Those 6 players can play both ends of the floor. Parker on the other hand is a defensive liability.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4056 on: May 19, 2014 at 02:18 PM »
Most Lakers fans don't want him. haha

Those 6 players can play both ends of the floor. Parker on the other hand is a defensive liability.

Dude, Randle is really bad at D. Aaron Gordon is not so good at O.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4057 on: May 19, 2014 at 02:25 PM »
Dude, Randle is really bad at D. Aaron Gordon is not so good at O.

Well, at least Randle wasn't taken out of the game due to his lack of defense like Jabari. :D Jabari with his lack of D as a tweener...not looking good for me.

As for Aaron Gordon, it was mostly due to ASU's system. He was willing to defer to his upperclassmen and take a smaller role on the offense. He was still able to get his numbers though. I'm sure he can do well offensively once he is in the NBA.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4058 on: May 19, 2014 at 02:43 PM »
^Randle will play closer to the rim, therefore more important to team defense. An SF is easier to hide.

Here's what Gordon's shooting splits looks like as of February:

Except for scoring around the rim, it looks pretty bleak. His FT is historically bad, I don't think there's a worst non-center prospect in the lottery who's has a lower %. He doesn't shoot many 3's but he's improved his 3pt% by the end of the year, so there's some hope.

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #4059 on: May 19, 2014 at 02:45 PM »
LAL fans thinking about team's future..  enjoy the playoffs muna.. hehe.. just kidding..

Go Spurs..
The Pats way...

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4060 on: May 19, 2014 at 02:51 PM »
^Randle will play closer to the rim, therefore more important to team defense. An SF is easier to hide.

Here's what Gordon's shooting splits looks like as of February:

Except for scoring around the rim, it looks pretty bleak. His FT is historically bad, I don't think there's a worst non-center prospect in the lottery who's has a lower %. He doesn't shoot many 3's but he's improved his 3pt% by the end of the year, so there's some hope.

At least Randle has that big body he can use to hold his own in the NBA and it looks like he has the motor naman to work on his game. Si Jabari kelangan magpaliit  to be faster as an SF or else he'll be like Paul Pierce. Slow but strong though. Offensively talaga, Jabari is complete. He is the most polished among the prospects but his lack of D is the biggest knock on him.

As for Gordon, he can be a lockdown type and then he can work his way up in the offense. He just needs to fix his shooting mechanics. If Blake Griffin could do it, then there is still big hope for a young guy like him. He'll get there if he works hard.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #4061 on: May 19, 2014 at 02:59 PM »
LAL fans thinking about team's future..  enjoy the playoffs muna.. hehe.. just kidding..

Go Spurs..

Coming off from their worst season in LA Lakers history, of course what would you have them excited about?   :D

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4062 on: May 19, 2014 at 03:03 PM »
At least Randle has that big body he can use to hold his own in the NBA and it looks like he has the motor naman to work on his game. Si Jabari kelangan magpaliit  to be faster as an SF or else he'll be like Paul Pierce. Slow but strong though. Offensively talaga, Jabari is complete. He is the most polished among the prospects but his lack of D is the biggest knock on him.

As for Gordon, he can be a lockdown type and then he can work his way up in the offense. He just needs to fix his shooting mechanics. If Blake Griffin could do it, then there is still big hope for a young guy like him. He'll get there if he works hard.

Kelangan talaga magpapayat nyan si Jabari. But hey, Paul Pierce isn't a bad comparison.

Blake was so much better than Gordon at FT% shooting in college. Even Shaq was much better than Gordon as a college freshman . An SF who can't shoot - medyo delikado.

I like him though, he defends really well without fouling. I think he'll be a very good role player.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014 at 03:08 PM by rusty »

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4063 on: May 19, 2014 at 03:14 PM »
Coming off from their worst season in LA Lakers history, of course what would you have them excited about?   :D

100% agree :)

We want PF who can play hard both O&D .. so Randle or Vonlen is a good choice for me :)

pag hindi nila kinuha si Exum... Exum na ;)

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4064 on: May 19, 2014 at 03:45 PM »

Go Spurs..

It's a not-so distant future. Draft lottery on Wednesday (PH time) and just a little over a month to go before the actual draft happens. It's the highest draft pick for the Lakers since drafting James Worthy 1st overall in '82 so  excited talaga ako as a Lakers fan. This year was terrible but that draft pick is our beacon of hope. haha
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014 at 03:51 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4065 on: May 19, 2014 at 03:50 PM »

It's a not-so distant future. Draft lottery on Wednesday (PH time) and actual draft is just a little over a month to go so...yeah. haha It's the highest draft pick for the Lakers since drafting James Worthy 1st overall in '82 so  excited talaga ako as a Lakers fan. This year was terrible but that draft pick is our beacon of hope. haha

Ako din!!  Live ba yan?

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4066 on: May 19, 2014 at 03:55 PM »
Ako din!!  Live ba yan?

Lottery? I don't think they show the actual lottery. That is quite boring. Parang pinapalabas lang is yung announcement on who won.

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4067 on: May 19, 2014 at 03:59 PM »
#6 Lakers natin.. sure na ba yan ?

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #4068 on: May 19, 2014 at 04:04 PM »
Goodluck to your LAL, sana makakuha kyo ng franchise playr sa draft.  playoffs is not the same without your team..

Go Spurs..
The Pats way...

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4069 on: May 19, 2014 at 04:07 PM »
#6 Lakers natin.. sure na ba yan ?

hindi.

Worst case scenario 9th pick
Best case 1st pick

Dasal na lang na swertehin sa lotto. hehe

9th pick though is the absolute extreme. That means 3 teams who have the 4th worst record and up were able to win the lottery and the 3 teams with the worst records would then pick 4th, 5th and 6th.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4070 on: May 19, 2014 at 04:23 PM »
Heat got hammered down low by the Pacers.
Haslem and Anderson must play more physical against west and Hibbert.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4071 on: May 19, 2014 at 04:24 PM »
so abang abang talaga...

prepare for the worst case.. and hope for the best

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #4072 on: May 19, 2014 at 05:52 PM »
Heat got hammered down low by the Pacers.
Haslem and Anderson must play more physical against west and Hibbert.

Saka madalas din libre sa tres 'yung Pacers. Pa decline na din si Battier. 'Yung secret weapon ng Heat si Oden pang tapat sana kay Hibbert, anyare?  :-[

"They (Pacers) don't like us, we don't like them" - LBJ

Go Heat!

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #4073 on: May 19, 2014 at 06:45 PM »
Lottery? I don't think they show the actual lottery. That is quite boring. Parang pinapalabas lang is yung announcement on who won.

That's right. I'm sure the draft lottery results will be telecast live on Wednesday (8AM) - or before tip-off of Game 2 of the ECF - on NBA Premium (and probably on BTV). Exciting na rin kahit papano when they announce the results, and it's clear early on that there's a team (or teams) with lower odds that gets lucky and barges into the top 3. :) But given how deep this draft class is, I guess ending up 6th to 9th in the draft won't be so bad. :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014 at 06:47 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #4074 on: May 19, 2014 at 07:37 PM »
bad trip...
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4075 on: May 19, 2014 at 07:51 PM »
bad trip...

It's just Game 1. I don't think anyone expect the Heat to sweep the slumping Pacers but I'm so sure LBJ will assert himself starting Game 2.
I think Coach Spo should start using Michael Beasley.

Btw why is Evan Turner not in IND roster?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014 at 08:19 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline rhapsody9

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 87
« Reply #4076 on: May 19, 2014 at 08:08 PM »
Although i'm rooting for Miami ayoko talaga nung push/shove ni chalmers ang dumi nakakainis mga ganung banat.

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #4077 on: May 19, 2014 at 08:15 PM »
eto nanaman ulit parang last year. Pero this time different result...hehe
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #4078 on: May 19, 2014 at 08:46 PM »

Btw why is Evan Turner not in IND roster?

Injured....

The Pacers announced before Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals that guard forward Evan Turner is inactive with strep throat.

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 952
« Reply #4079 on: May 20, 2014 at 12:17 AM »
I have a very strong feeling that LAL will definitely end up keeping their draft pick while at the same time landing the coveted Kevin Love.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat