Author Topic: Home Theater Setup - TV is off center  (Read 500 times)

Offline bigbadvoodoodaddy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Home Theater Setup - TV is off center
« on: Aug 19, 2013 at 10:38 PM »
Hi Guys. I have a quick question. I am putting up the TV on a wall. However, the entertainment wall was designed with a top long shelf, a bottom long shelf, and shelfs to the left side. The TV was placed on the wall on the right side. Therefore, the left speaker will be about 6-7 feet from the TV and the right speaker will be about 2 feet from the TV. The center channel, thus will be very close to the right speaker. In essence, the 2 front floor standing speakers are not equidistant from the TV. Will this be a problem.

I can still talk to the wife about this since an interior designer drew up the plans.

I am looking to get an ONKYO NR626 and I understand that Odyssey might be able to compensate for this.

Your thoughts and thank you in advance.

Thanks.

Offline rthirtyfourgtr

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: Home Theater Setup - TV is off center
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2013 at 06:57 AM »
while audyssey may try to compensate for the irregular placement, for best results it's still recommended that you employ proper speaker positioning unless it's totally impossible to implement.

if you're willing to spend considerably more on a receiver/equalizer equipped with trinnov auto-calibration, then this irregular speaker placement may become a non-issue.
One should not seek the meaning of life until one is ready to understand death.

Offline bigbadvoodoodaddy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: Home Theater Setup - TV is off center
« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2013 at 11:29 AM »
Thank you for your reply. Am not willing to spend considerably more money. I'll just reposition the TV. Thank You for your help.