Author Topic: PBA Season 39  (Read 143543 times)

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: PBA Season 39
« Reply #420 on: Feb 28, 2014 at 01:52 PM »
Di na nagchampion, fined P2 million pa ang ROS. Sakit nun!

Anyway, mukhang madadagdagan ng isang team next season. Kung papayag ang PBA board, Blackwater will be the 11th team sa PBA next season.

Blackwater of Deoceldo SY?
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #421 on: Feb 28, 2014 at 02:02 PM »
maganda sana kung dalawang team ang pumasok. tapos bawasan ng team ang smc. ibalik sa dati na limited to just two teams.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #422 on: Feb 28, 2014 at 02:23 PM »
Blackwater of Deoceldo SY?

Yup. NLEX is also thinking of moving up to the PBA. It's another MVP team though. At least 3 teams daw and nag-iisip pumasok sa PBA. Kung matuloy, more players will have a chance to play.

Offline Chorus

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • DVD Addict
  • Reading is Learning
  • Liked:
« Reply #423 on: Feb 28, 2014 at 07:39 PM »
Yup. NLEX is also thinking of moving up to the PBA. It's another MVP team though. At least 3 teams daw and nag-iisip pumasok sa PBA. Kung matuloy, more players will have a chance to play.

ayos madami ng player may chance magpakitang gilas

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #424 on: Feb 28, 2014 at 08:56 PM »
Di na nagchampion, fined P2 million pa ang ROS. Sakit nun!

i hate it when coaches are using officiating as an excuse.. anyway, Go ROS na lang next con.. sayang all filipino pa naman..
The Pats way...

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 375
« Reply #425 on: Feb 28, 2014 at 09:52 PM »
Not to belittle Sy's BLACKWATER bid for the PBA ...... I have serious doubts that Sy can bankroll a sustained PBA franchise - not unless he aligns with SMCorp and becomes their 4th farm team.

Farm teams make very lucrative deals ex. Arwind Santos for P20M.

Though NLEX is another MVP team, it's easily the lesser evil than having another SMCorp farm team.

PHOENIX Petroleum made a serious bid a few years ago, only to be shot down by the SMCorp main & farm teams ....... maybe this time, they can bid again.

CEBUANA Lhuillier would make an ideal addition to the PBA ....... its independent, has resources & more importantly, it can add a much needed regional flavor to the PBA.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #426 on: Mar 01, 2014 at 10:07 AM »
Not to belittle Sy's BLACKWATER bid for the PBA ...... I have serious doubts that Sy can bankroll a sustained PBA franchise - not unless he aligns with SMCorp and becomes their 4th farm team.

Farm teams make very lucrative deals ex. Arwind Santos for P20M.

Though NLEX is another MVP team, it's easily the lesser evil than having another SMCorp farm team.

PHOENIX Petroleum made a serious bid a few years ago, only to be shot down by the SMCorp main & farm teams ....... maybe this time, they can bid again.

CEBUANA Lhuillier would make an ideal addition to the PBA ....... its independent, has resources & more importantly, it can add a much needed regional flavor to the PBA.

That's what I taught.
Sy can't maintain a PBA team with elite players of high salary but he cam provide unheralded players as a training ground to polish their skills then make money out of trades just like Barako and Air 21.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #427 on: Mar 01, 2014 at 07:24 PM »
Kia Motors has also submitted a letter of intent to join the PBA. One big obstacle these teams will have are the concessions. Malamang hihingi yan na i-allow sila mag-direct hire ng mga amateurs. Papayag kaya ang SMC na guys like Parks and Banchero won't be available for them in the draft?

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/top-korean-carmaker-kia-files-letter-of-intent-to-put-up-pba-expansion-team
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2014 at 07:28 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 375
« Reply #428 on: Mar 01, 2014 at 07:41 PM »
Kia Motors has also submitted a letter of intent to join the PBA. One big obstacle these teams will have are the concessions. Malamang hihingi yan na i-allow sila mag-direct hire ng mga amateurs. Papayag kaya ang SMC na guys like Parks and Banchero won't be available for them in the draft?

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/top-korean-carmaker-kia-files-letter-of-intent-to-put-up-pba-expansion-team

Wow, didn't think that an automotive company would want to come back to the PBA - with the cyclical nature of the auto-industry and all.

Good for the PBA and the watching public, if KIA gets approved soon.

No way in hell that SMCorp allows Banchero, Parks, etc to slip from their hands.

Matagal nang niluto ito nila Noli Eala, Robert Non & the Bugaw Brothers (Bert Lina, Lito Alvarez & George Chua) at hindi papayag ang mga dorobong yan na makuha lang nang iba ...... much like Junemar Fajardo was ready to wait, until such time that SMCorp got the 1st overall pick.

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #429 on: Mar 03, 2014 at 06:49 AM »
smc corps mission in the pba:
 san miguel will hoard the best talents
 bgk will hoard the fans
 smcm will hoard the championships.
san ka kakampi?

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #430 on: Mar 07, 2014 at 10:14 PM »
Is Barako Bull a San Miguel Group team?
I just noticed former San Miguel Group coaches like Coy Banal and Coach Siot assisting Bong Ramos for Barako.
Another thing Assistant Coach Juno Sauler calling the shots for Ginebra?
Another coaching experiment by the San Miguel Group?
I also noticed hnd bumubulong bulong si Al sa coaching huddle when Coach Juno was coaching the offensive plays with intensity!
After observing my guess is that since its an import laden conference eh bka mahina sa English si Coach Ato at bka hnd mgkaintindihan ng knilang import so Coach Juno is assigned to give instructions in English. Am i right?
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2014 at 10:27 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #431 on: Mar 07, 2014 at 11:53 PM »
Is Barako Bull a San Miguel Group team?

xxx  xxx  xxx

Another thing Assistant Coach Juno Sauler calling the shots for Ginebra?

IIRC, San Miguel is the exclusive distributor of Barako Bull energy Drink.

xxx  xxx  xx

i also noticed Sauler calling the shots. Ginebra has too many coaches. Ato, Juno, Al....hindi kaya nalilito ang mga players nila nyan?
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #432 on: Mar 08, 2014 at 03:56 PM »
IIRC, San Miguel is the exclusive distributor of Barako Bull energy Drink.

xxx  xxx  xx

i also noticed Sauler calling the shots. Ginebra has too many coaches. Ato, Juno, Al....hindi kaya nalilito ang mga players nila nyan?

Ginebra and Petron are the most inconsistent San Miguel Group of teams since they don't allow their selected coach to mature with the team, konting mali palit agad so those legions of coaches don't really blossom but instead are confused among themselves how the teams will be handled unlike San Mig Coffee which have Tim Cone plus his own personal selection of assistant coaches plus team manager Alvin Patrimonio never meddled with any of his coaching huddles.
Iba tlga ang well organized team and I just don't understand why Petron and Ginebra continue to do shuffling of coaches when it's crystal clear it doesn't work.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Chorus

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • DVD Addict
  • Reading is Learning
  • Liked:
« Reply #433 on: Mar 08, 2014 at 04:02 PM »
Ginebra and Petron are the most inconsistent San Miguel Group of teams since they don't allow their selected coach to mature with the team, konting mali palit agad so those legions of coaches don't really blossom but instead are confused among themselves how the teams will be handled unlike San Mig Coffee which have Tim Cone plus his own personal selection of assistant coaches plus team manager Alvin Patrimonio never meddled with any of his coaching huddles.
Iba tlga ang well organized team and I just don't understand why Petron and Ginebra continue to do shuffling of coaches when it's crystal clear it doesn't work.

agreed to you bro!

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1451
« Reply #434 on: Mar 08, 2014 at 10:11 PM »
mukhang maganda start ng Alaska ah. ganda ng nilaro kanina.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #435 on: Mar 08, 2014 at 10:29 PM »
mukhang maganda start ng Alaska ah. ganda ng nilaro kanina.

They're still nowhere close to how they played last season. They've been very inconsistent and predictable. Basa na ng ibang teams yung laro nila and Trillo doesn't have enough manpower to take this team all the way. Dozier will always come up big for them but local support will be the most important thing for them. Walang consistent contributor. Yung shooters nila, panget ng shooting since 3rd conference last year pa. Matanda na rin yung mga players na palaging babad. Ayaw naman ni Trillo gamitin yung mga bata tulad nina Aldrech Ramos at Ryan Buenafe. Nirerendahan din nila si Abueva.

As an Alaska fan I'm hoping they get to defend their title but judging by the why they've played in their first 2 games, medyo malabo.

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #436 on: Mar 08, 2014 at 11:06 PM »

i agree.. iba talaga pag may continuity ung program..
The Pats way...

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #437 on: Mar 09, 2014 at 12:06 AM »
They're still nowhere close to how they played last season. They've been very inconsistent and predictable. Basa na ng ibang teams yung laro nila and Trillo doesn't have enough manpower to take this team all the way. Dozier will always come up big for them but local support will be the most important thing for them. Walang consistent contributor. Yung shooters nila, panget ng shooting since 3rd conference last year pa. Matanda na rin yung mga players na palaging babad. Ayaw naman ni Trillo gamitin yung mga bata tulad nina Aldrech Ramos at Ryan Buenafe. Nirerendahan din nila si Abueva.

As an Alaska fan I'm hoping they get to defend their title but judging by the why they've played in their first 2 games, medyo malabo.

Alaska had the element of surprise last season. No one expected the impact Abueva had on the team. Abueva was expected to be good but no one expected the Alaska team to rally behind him. But now, the other teams know what to do with Abueva and he has not been as effective as last year.

I do agree with you about Ramos and Buenafe. Alaska would really benefit if these two are given more playing time.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #438 on: Mar 09, 2014 at 10:09 AM »
Alaska had the element of surprise last season. No one expected the impact Abueva had on the team. Abueva was expected to be good but no one expected the Alaska team to rally behind him. But now, the other teams know what to do with Abueva and he has not been as effective as last year.

I do agree with you about Ramos and Buenafe. Alaska would really benefit if these two are given more playing time.

More playing time for Ryan, YES coz impact player yan buo ang loob at magulang din mglaro but for Ramos, he didn't get any better training with the Gilas team, still soft like a feather puros jump shots lng compared to the rookies Sangalang and Almazan who plays tougher inside the lane.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline brainwashed

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #439 on: Mar 09, 2014 at 12:03 PM »
More playing time for Ryan, YES coz impact player yan buo ang loob at magulang din mglaro but for Ramos, he didn't get any better training with the Gilas team, still soft like a feather puros jump shots lng compared to the rookies Sangalang and Almazan who plays tougher inside the lane.

Pero yun naman ang laro niya talaga sa FEU specially sa offense. Sa defense naman, with his length, he can guard the 2, 3 and 4 spots much like Tony Dela Cruz. Hindi na rin naman bata si Dela Cruz, kailangan na rin ng papalit.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #440 on: Mar 09, 2014 at 01:22 PM »
Pero yun naman ang laro niya talaga sa FEU specially sa offense. Sa defense naman, with his length, he can guard the 2, 3 and 4 spots much like Tony Dela Cruz. Hindi na rin naman bata si Dela Cruz, kailangan na rin ng papalit.

Dela Cruz is a far better shooter with better mobility compared to Ramos.
Ramos can't guard the opposing teams wingman in the PBA, he's too slow for that.
Ramos will be better at power forward but takot sa banggaan so eventually he'll be junked like Mark Borboran.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline brainwashed

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #441 on: Mar 09, 2014 at 01:59 PM »
Dela Cruz is a far better shooter with better mobility compared to Ramos.
Ramos can't guard the opposing teams wingman in the PBA, he's too slow for that.
Ramos will be better at power forward but takot sa banggaan so eventually he'll be junked like Mark Borboran.

Speed and agility can be learned through training and practice. Getting the courage to bang bodies is more difficult. If a team isn't willing to give its young players the time to mature then these young players would definitely be junked. 

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #442 on: Mar 09, 2014 at 02:39 PM »
Ramos actually made a good account of himself when he played significant minutes during the 1st half of the elims last conference. He was shooting well and rebounding well at the SF position. Nawalan lang siya ng minutes because they weren't winning. Trillo reverted to his veteran lineup then. He has shown he can deliver when given the minutes.

Alaska would definitely benefit if Ramos gets his minutes. Their veterans playing the same position as Ramos aren't that reliable anymore. Hontiveros and Dela Cruz are slower now and their shooting aren't that sharp anymore. If Trillo slides Hontiveros back at the 2 spot then Abueva, Ramos and Buenafe can alternate at the 3 spot. Abueva plays the 4 spot as well so there should be available minutes for their young guys. The defense and hustle Hontiveros and Dela Cruz give to Alaska may be missing from Ramos but his offense can still be a big help to the team.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #443 on: Mar 09, 2014 at 04:42 PM »
I've not watched all the imports played yet but I'm very impressed with the Barako Import Dollard.

Observing the Ginebra bench, I noticed the coaching staffs are well behaved, meaning wlang tumatayo para sumisigawsigaw and also Sauler calling the shots during timeouts so most likely he has taken over the head coach chores atleast for this conference before the UAAP season starts in July.

Goin over to the San Miguel bench, sobrang animated etong si Biboy Ravanes mgcoach and who's that guy in suit? panay ang tayo shouting instructions.
San Miguel off setting Ginebra's height advantage with transition game.
They're running more with the addition of Sol Mercado.
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2014 at 05:58 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline rukawakaide1721

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #444 on: Mar 09, 2014 at 05:53 PM »
The Guy in the suit (Todd Purves) is the active consultant (Head Coach) of San Miguel, Biboy Ravanes Head Coach role is just in the paper...

I've not watched all the imports played yet but I'm very impressed with the Barako Import Dollard.

Observing the Ginebra bench, I noticed the coaching staffs are well behaved, meaning wlang tumatayo para sumisigawsigaw and also Sauler calling the shots during timeouts so most likely he has taken over the head coach chores atleast for this conference before the UAAP season starts in July.

Goin over to the San Miguel bench, sobrang animated etong si Biboy Ravanes mgcoach and who's that guy in suit? panay ang tayo shouting instructions.
Happiness is a choice....

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #445 on: Mar 09, 2014 at 06:03 PM »
The Guy in the suit (Todd Purves) is the active consultant (Head Coach) of San Miguel, Biboy Ravanes Head Coach role is just in the paper...

Ah so puppet coach lng pala si Biboy.
That's disappointing.
Nakakatawa tingnan un bench ng San Miguel with both coaches standing sa magkabilang dulo ng bench shouting instructions.
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2014 at 06:09 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #446 on: Mar 09, 2014 at 06:10 PM »
Weird seeing someone else's name on that #7 San Miguel jersey. For 10 years I've seen Hontiveros at the back of that jersey. Just doesn't feel right seeing another name there.

Anyway, may dahilan naman pala kung bakit di ginagamit si Aldrech Ramos sa Alaska. They're trading him to Air21 for Vic Manuel. Good trade for Alaska. Their frontline gets deeper and Abueva won't have to play guys bigger than him at the 4 spot anymore.
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2014 at 06:16 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #447 on: Mar 09, 2014 at 06:20 PM »
Weird seeing someone else's name on that #7 San Miguel jersey. For 10 years I've seen Hontiveros at the back of that jersey. Just doesn't feel right seeing another name there.

Anyway, may dahilan naman pala kung bakit di ginagamit si Aldrech Ramos sa Alaska. They're trading him to Air21 for Vic Manuel. Good trade for Alaska. Their frontline gets deeper and Abueva won't have to play guys bigger than him at the 4 spot anymore.

Like I said, Alaska needs a power forward and Ramos can't play that for them despite his height and playing center in his FEU days.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #448 on: Mar 09, 2014 at 09:52 PM »
San Miguel 2-0 under their Active Consultant Purves and Puppet Head Coach Ravanes despite playing w/0 the Kraken Fajardo.
So far the Beermen are responding well to the 2 new coaches.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1451
« Reply #449 on: Mar 09, 2014 at 10:04 PM »
maganda nga pinakita ng SMB. mukhang contenders. kumpleto line up nila sa tingin ko