Author Topic: PBA Season 39  (Read 144043 times)

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: PBA Season 39
« Reply #300 on: Feb 15, 2014 at 08:53 PM »
And Yeng Guiao would be right ...... what he means by it, he treates every player as equals and gives out no preferred treatment to anyone, be it playing time, offensive plays, etc.

Guiao will give you starter minutes one game, then relegate you to 2nd-half stringer the next.

Guiao's system has no designated scorer ...... what he does is, position each player according to his strengths and leave the players to decide the best shot.

Just look at Game 1 when Coach Guiao started with Jeric Teng to guard PJ Simon, Jeric had 2 blocks and if I'm not mistaken got 5 pts during the 1st quarter.
That confidence for his rookie is a morale booster and will make Jeric believe and feel his importance to the team.
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2014 at 05:13 AM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #301 on: Feb 15, 2014 at 09:15 PM »
i agree on how he uses his player's strengths magaling tlaga and a good motivator, his players also plays smarter but him telling na wala syang superstar player is just bs, pwede kasing excuse din un.. i hate it when my favorite team lose, but i hate it more pag nag excuse lalo na officiating.. talo kung talo.. btw i like ros the only team i follow since watching meneses' days with swift, ngayon lng ako ulet nanuod ng pba.. Go ROS..
The Pats way...

Offline Jingo

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • If you found love, you've found music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #302 on: Feb 15, 2014 at 09:47 PM »
ask ko lang bakit hindi gayahin ng pba yung net ng ring ng NBA. parang pangit nung net. tsaka ang gulo ng plays nila. tsaka ang bagal ng kilos.
Egreat R6S | Bose Companion 3 Series II | Marantz 1504 | Monitor Audio BX Series

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #303 on: Feb 15, 2014 at 09:55 PM »
on your 2nd question, genes bro..
The Pats way...

Offline Jingo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #304 on: Feb 15, 2014 at 10:35 PM »
A okay. Iba kasi yung swish di ba. ganda tignan tsaka nag basketball din naman ako, mas gusto kong maglaro pag maganda net. hehe. Anyway, I think PBA should come up with more games to have more experience. Invite new clubs. ilang beses mag finals sa isang taon ata tayo. daming conferences. paulit ulit na lang. tas panay game 7. tingin ko para lang tumagal. wala pa atang na sweep. o baka meron na.

For me lang ha, the reason I don't watch PBA, they don't progress, dami pang matataba. kulang sa practice. tsaka ang pinaka ayaw ko, yung hihinto sa gitna at naghahanap ng papasahan. Wala lang guys. Free country naman e. hehe.

Parang gusto ko SMB manalo.
Egreat R6S | Bose Companion 3 Series II | Marantz 1504 | Monitor Audio BX Series

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: Feb 16, 2014 at 04:32 PM »
Game 2 na!
This time Coach Yeng has a new starting 5 for today's game.
First 2 points kay TY Tang pa. Pambihira tlga un confidence ng ROS players dahil sa tiwalang ipinapakita ni Coach Yeng.
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2014 at 04:34 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: Feb 16, 2014 at 06:12 PM »
tambak.. bawi sa game 3.. Go ROS..
The Pats way...

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: Feb 16, 2014 at 06:14 PM »
tambak.. bawi sa game 3.. Go ROS..

SMC playing very well while ROS playing soft and w/o much intensity plus poor outside shooting today.
Joe Devance is the X-factor for SMC in this series.
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2014 at 06:29 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #308 on: Feb 16, 2014 at 08:25 PM »
SMC playing very well while ROS playing soft and w/o much intensity plus poor outside shooting today.
Joe Devance is the X-factor for SMC in this series.

yup. they played soft, opting to shoot from the outside instead of driving hard to the basket. and they were not crashing the boards.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 378
« Reply #309 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 08:24 AM »
Bad-shooting night for most of the ROS line-up ....... like I said, ROS' only chance in this series if they play fast and they shoot at a high FG% clip.

SMC shot and moved the ball well ...... defense made it tough for ROS to get inside the lane.

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #310 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 08:41 AM »
di ko makita ang logic dito. hindi naman sister teams ito na pwedeng pagdudahan na magbibigayan.

Cone obviously wanted to set up the last play that would give them the win. Unfortunately, they were not able to score and RoS got the ball with time still remaining.

Anyway, Cone has claimed the blame for their loss saying that his timeout allowed RoS to see the matchups on the floor and set the necessary defense. Ganyan dapat ang coach, kesa  ang player ang masisi sa pagkatalo dahil sa hindi nasunod ang play, aakuin ang sisi.

hindi keso sister company pwede nang magbaba ng laban.. simple, why you need to call a timeout after giving you instruction in last ball possession (22sec).. secondly why coach need to call a timeout e na call ng nya after 22sec play. stopped the clock 8.xsec and give final play..

luto yan.. tignan mo 1-1 hehehe

Offline Jingo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 01:08 PM »
Luto yan. di na tayo nasanay hehe

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #312 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 01:19 PM »
i dont believe na luto ung laban...

ROS will not be aprt of any anomaly if anycase..
Coach yeng - taas ng pride nyan for such....

unless SMC vs SMC

sabi ni coach yeng before... SMC sindikato
Love me or hate me.....

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 02:10 PM »
"Luto" from the coaches, in these ROS-SMC Finals series? Highly doubtful.

Seriously, if it were between SMCorp teams, I'd have little doubt if certain games were manipulated to favor one team and/or extend the series and/or team standings (avoid being matched-up).

Yeng Guiao (along with ALASKA's Uytengsu) has long been a vanguard against "illegal" practices of the SMCorp teams ....... he will literally shout & curse at the refs (even flashed the national-bird to the officals table, just recently) to demand a stop to his perceived pro-SMCorp calls.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 02:57 PM »
As usual, hindi makapag-hintay sina Danding & Ang ....... coaching change sa SMCorp mother-team for the nth time.

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/ravanes-is-new-petron-coach-purves-to-take-on-more-active-role-after-yet-another-coaching-shuffle

Honestly, I were in the shoes of Abanilla & Tanquincen, I'd just quit the team and settle down with another organization.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 08:07 PM »
I really don't understand the way this Petron/SMB franchise is being run. The problem really isn't the coach but the set-up. Ang daming coach sa bench nila eh. Ang daming nagsasalita gaya sa Ginebra. Same pa rin ata situation nila as before na walang mga contract so they're always looking over their shoulders. Tapos ngayon they're trading Cabagnot for Mercado. They're basically the same player. Mahilig mag-dribble at mag-hero ball. What's the point? It's good that they traded Cabagnot pero they should have gotten a player of a different mold. Isunod na rin nila si Arwind Santos. Nagsimula kamalasan ng team na yan nung pumasok yung dalawa eh.
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2014 at 08:42 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 08:28 PM »
I really don't understand the way this Petron/SMB franchise is being run. The problem really isn't the coach but the set-up. Ang daming coach sa bench nila eh. Ang daming nagsasalita gaya sa Ginebra. Same pa rin ata situation nila as before na walang mga contract so they're always looking over their shoulders. Tapos ngayon they're trading Cabagnot for Mercado. They're basically the same player. Mahilig mag-dribble at mag-hero ball. What's the point?

That's what they get for being crocodiles ....... ang SMCorp ay kain lang nang kain, walang paki-alam kahit sobrang busog na sila - staying true to the mantra of the greatest crony of all, Danding Cojuangco.

They hoard all the blue-chip players, high draft picks & stack up their coaching staff, regardless of salary cap rules or team chemistry.

SAN MIG COFFEE is the only team in their umbrella spared of all the madness, just because Tim Cone demanded (as part of his signing contract) that he be granted sole authority in picking players, staff & imports.

Earlier posts here are spot on ....... you can see both PETRON & BGK manned by a good number of assistant coaches & consultants, all shouting instructions along with the dummy head coach.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 08:38 PM »
I really don't understand the way this Petron/SMB franchise is being run. The problem really isn't the coach but the set-up. Ang daming coach sa bench nila eh. Ang daming nagsasalita gaya sa Ginebra. Same pa rin ata situation nila as before na walang mga contract so they're always looking over their shoulders. Tapos ngayon they're trading Cabagnot for Mercado. They're basically the same player. Mahilig mag-dribble at mag-hero ball. What's the point? It's good that they traded Cabagnot pero they should have gotten a player of a different mold. Isunod na rin nila si Arwind Santos. Nagsimula kamlasan ng team na yan nung pumasok yung dalawa eh.

Cabognot for Mercado?
I thought they'll eventually get Romeo to play the lead point guard for them.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #318 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 08:47 PM »
^ Mo money mo problems..
The Pats way...

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #319 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 08:48 PM »
Cabognot for Mercado?
I thought they'll eventually get Romeo to play the lead point guard for them.

Pido Jarencio's coaching Globalport now. He probably plans to use Romeo as trade bait to get his former UST players like Teng, Cruz, Ababou and Fortuna. May balita rin na Duncil is already on the way from Petron to Global for Justin Chua.

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #320 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 09:27 PM »
with pido at the helm, it is not a far fetched possibility that globalport will be like a ginebra team, too. run and gun, gung-ho style.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline gunslinger

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 12:57 AM »
And I was wondering why Ato Agustin doesn't react the way Cone, Guiao, Reyes and other coaches do when something is amiss. Parang lahat sila ang-aantayan sa bench ng BGK and andami nga nila nagsasalita dun even during timeout.
I can stop speaking but I cannot so easily silence my thoughts...

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #322 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 01:43 AM »
And so it begins again... ;D

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/petronsmb-to-get-maierhofer-chua-in-complex-seven-player-four-team-trade

Hoarding na naman ang Petron. Kumita na naman ang mga Lina. ;D

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #323 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 05:09 AM »
And I was wondering why Ato Agustin doesn't react the way Cone, Guiao, Reyes and other coaches do when something is amiss. Parang lahat sila ang-aantayan sa bench ng BGK and andami nga nila nagsasalita dun even during timeout.

Pati nga si Al gusto makisawsaw sa timeouts
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1456
« Reply #324 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 05:12 AM »
Pati nga si Al gusto makisawsaw sa timeouts

sabi nga nung officemate ko, laging naka bulong kay ato si al. parang minamando lang kung ano dapat gawin  :P

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #325 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 07:23 AM »
Four-team trade featuring multiple players ........ and when the dust settles, PETRON clearly takes in the best manpower from the trade (Mercado, Maierhofer & Chua). Bakit ganun?  ;)

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #326 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 02:35 PM »
Pido Jarencio's coaching Globalport now. He probably plans to use Romeo as trade bait to get his former UST players like Teng, Cruz, Ababou and Fortuna. May balita rin na Duncil is already on the way from Petron to Global for Justin Chua.

The question is, what say does Jarencio has with Global Port? He isn't multi titled Tim Cone who will not be puppet to the management.
It's a good test for Jarencio if he can gain respect from the professional players.
GlobalPort is also a trading pool team for the SMC group of teams so I won't be surprised if Romeo will end up either with Petron or Ginebra in the near future.
As for Jeric Teng, he should be happy with ROS coz he eventually he's gonna grow and blossom with the team.
The UAAP championship may have eluded him, but he has a chance to win a PBA ring on his rookie season and on his first conference playing in the PBA.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #327 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 03:58 PM »
Sadly, Pido Jarencio would be on a short leash under a Mikee Romero-ownership ....... he has the autonomy to choose players, but once the right sale este deal is in place, he'll have to say goodbye to bluechip players being bought by SMCorp teams.

I too fully expect players like RR Garcia & Terrence Romeo to be sold este traded in the near future.

All Pido can do right now, is to live his dream of coaching in the PBA and make the most of the situation (much like his fellow farm team coaches in Bong Ramos & Franz "Mr. Ironic" Pumaren.).

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #328 on: Feb 19, 2014 at 10:39 AM »
Petron and Ginebra will never be as successful as San Mig Coffee mainly becoz both keep on shuffling their legions of coaches aside from shuffling their line ups.
Success requires time. The coaches and players need time to blossom with one another and that's why teams like ROS, Alaska and TNT played with more consistency compared to the 2 San Miguel Corp teams.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• Trade Count: (+166)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Break-in done... time to enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 73
« Reply #329 on: Feb 19, 2014 at 09:03 PM »
Game 3 Half-time- 1point lead by ROS.
Nice game for both teams... officiating could be better.
Where is the Love? BEP