Author Topic: Media player that plays Full SBS  (Read 915 times)

Offline mrm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Media player that plays Full SBS
« on: Dec 20, 2013 at 07:28 AM »
hi, just wanted to ask if there are media players capable of playing full side by side mkv files?
I tried playing one on my player (mede8er) and it says "Frame too big".

Thanks.

Offline marfin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
Re: Media player that plays Full SBS
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2013 at 09:59 AM »
Just want to share my newbie experience not sure if this is related to your problem,

I was having problem playing some of 3D mkv movies SBS in fullscreen when playing it directly to samsung PS51F4900, even i try to zoom it wont worked.  Now i got the R6S pro and everything is solved, i can now fit the pictures on the entire screen.

Maybe it would be helpfull too if you specify the specific movie you are trying to play or even include the TV types as well, or maybe some masters here can chip in.

Offline mrm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Media player that plays Full SBS
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2013 at 04:24 PM »
Thanks for the great info. I have a mede8er 400x model and a LG 47la6910 TV. The problem I encountered was when I tried a 3D mkv movie which was full side by side format. It did not play and the
error was "frame too big". I  did my research sometime ago and it seems the problem was my player was capable of  only 2560×1600 resolution (hdmi 1.3 limitation). The full side by side  3D mkv I was playing  had a 3840x1080 3D content  resolution.   

I have not found one player yet. I tried to order xtreamer sidewinder 3 which states in the manual that it supports full side by side but  was out of stock.
« Last Edit: Dec 25, 2013 at 09:28 AM by mrm »