Author Topic: Samsung UA-40F6300 panel discoloration  (Read 949 times)

Offline dennison

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Samsung UA-40F6300 panel discoloration
« on: Apr 10, 2014 at 10:45 PM »
I noticed a discoloration in the panel of a brand new Samsung UA-40F6300. It is only noticeable at night when the lights are out, and when the display is showing something that's not totally black, say 1% black. There are areas where the LED is brighter than it's supposed to be.

I noticed the same issue with my other Samsung gadgets, particularly with my first Galaxy S3, which also had a yellowish tint. My second Galaxy S3 did not have this problem. The Galaxy S2 also had similar issues.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm deciding if I should send this for a replacement. The last time I went to have my Galaxy S3 screen replaced the technician just pretended that it was "normal". I'm worried I'll be wasting my time again getting this replaced, since it is impossible to simulate during the day where there's ambient lighting present.

Offline jjb

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Samsung UA-40F6300 panel discoloration
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2014 at 11:01 PM »
google "LED clouding". That's pretty normal for all led tvs though some have really bad clouding

Offline dennison

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2014 at 11:54 PM »
Thanks jjb. I found this: http://www.rtings.com/info/what-is-flashlighting

What do you guys do with your units? Do you recommend trying to have it replaced, when the replacement might suffer the same issues anyway?

It's certainly annoying when watching at night. Sigh.

Offline nesty

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2014 at 06:44 PM »
Bro, have it replaced. I have the same issue on the lower right corner with my 2012 I didn't notice it and the 7 days replacement expired. It's only noticeable in darkroom.
Samsung replaced my panel. I have a bad experience with samsung led tv 3x it bugged down. Not sure if it a lemon unit that I got. I'm requesting them to replace it with a new model series 6 too.