Author Topic: Shanling Service Center  (Read 809 times)

Offline ProtegeManiac

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shanling Service Center
« on: Dec 13, 2014 at 01:12 AM »
Anyone know any store that can service Shanling in QC and can source parts on their own? I have a Meier Corda amp here mass-manufactured (but not designed) by Shanling; I can get some of the schematics.

Technical problem is that the stereo width has narrowed significantly since I got a new cable working on it; service-wise, the tech in a high-end audio dealer that has been servicing my gear from NADs to Marantz and now this Meier Corda amplifier screwed up (the old tech I dealt with before isn't working there anymore). One cable was indeed faulty, but he kept blaming the cable even after the replacement worked properly on their set-up; then when he can finally hear that the Left output was almost dead center, he diagnosed the amp and called me up saying the opamps were broken, but they have no way of getting this specific part because none of the brands they carried used it.

I went to Element14, then called him up because there were FOUR LM6171xxx variants in there, and he said it didn't matter because any of them would work. After spending P2,150 importing the op-amps and waiting two weeks, lo and behold, the "high speed" op-amps I ordered were about 1/3 the size of the op-amps. He then insisted that they weren't the same op-amps and I should get a refund because the part number was written as

LM61
71AIM

I don't want anyone who I've clearly observed can't deal with basic spatial reasoning (as in, "I'm out of space to write here, screw it I'll hit ENTER") to keep poking around inside my amp, but this time I need someone who will order the parts themselves because I just threw away P2,150 and too much time for absolutely nothing getting done. At least then it will be absolutely their responsibility to deal with Element14 if they screw this up.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
Re: Shanling Service Center
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2014 at 01:15 AM »
Kamusta ka na?! Allow me this opportunity to say hi to you...!

Offline ProtegeManiac

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Shanling Service Center
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2014 at 03:18 PM »
Haha Nelson I've just been busy  ;D

And that's what made going to the bank to pay for the op-amps, waiting two weeks, then driving three hours through December traffic a lot worse! Not to mention I spent 2k++ on it and at minimum I'll never see P800 of that again (shipping cost).