Author Topic: PROVING GOD WITHOUT THE BIBLE  (Read 86671 times)

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
Re: PROVING GOD WITHOUT THE BIBLE
« Reply #210 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 01:29 PM »
So you think a flat earth will just be a coincidence of nature?

Knowing that the earth is flat, paano napunta sa conclusion na there is God.
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline tigkal

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #211 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 01:29 PM »
The earth is spinning at 1000 miles per hour. An airplane not moving at tarmac is travelling at what speed? Speed has a point of reference. If you change your point of reference, you will be confused. If you are on a back of a pick up truck and travelling at 100km/ hr. If you jump vertically, where would you land? same spot or different spot? Or try jumping on a travelling MRT at constant speed.

In summary, if you can free yourself of the gravity of earth, you can just float, and see the earth passing by at 1000 miles per hour.

Offline JT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #212 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 01:30 PM »
The problem with suspending yourself in air is that you are still affected by gravity and air resistance. You still move with Earth. Same goes with flying. You don't get to fly "higher".

The curvature of the horizon is easily seen in this photograph, taken from a space shuttle at an altitude of 226 km in 2008.

Hmm, so are you saying while in the sky we are moving 1000 miles per hour also?  So here in new zealand, why the weather bureau says today wind speed here in Wellington is only 32km/h?

See if you use a type of lens, you can achieve the same curvature in the picture. Simply part of an elaborate deceptions.

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 01:34 PM »
Okay, the earth is flat, paano napunta sa conclusion na there is God. You just show us that the earth is flat. Im still waiting for the evidence that there is God.

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 01:35 PM »
Can i say, the earth is sphere/globe. Therefore, there is God.

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #215 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 01:36 PM »
Because it is given that everything on earth moves 1000 mph relative to that point where the 1000 mph was measured. It would be silly to say the the wind is 1641 kph when all we are feeling is 32 kph.
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2015 at 01:42 PM by bumblebee »

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #216 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 01:41 PM »
Now my issue is, according to scientist the earth is spinning around 1000 miles per hour. If clockwise it is impossible for the airplane to reach NZ at the speed of 480 miles/hr only.  And if counter clockwise it will only take a few minutes travel. Unless the earth does not move.

Having said that the earth moves around 1000 miles per hour, that is about 17 miles per minute. So if i go up in the sky, stay there then go down after 1 minute? I should be around 17 miles away from my original spot but is that the case? the only possibility is that the earth doesn't move nor spin.

The answer is momentum.

The earth rotates at a speed of 1,000 miles per hour.  When a person is standing still, he's really moving with the earth's rotation at a speed of 1,000 mph.  When he jumps up, he lands at the same place because while in mid-air, he's still moving at a speed of 1,000 mph, and the ground where he lands also moved at the same speed.

When the plane is parked, it isn't really still, it just looks that way because it's also moving at a speed of 1,000 mph with the earth's rotation.  Before it took off, it already had an initial momentum.  The additional thrust from its engines allowed it to take off from the ground and fly.

When the plane is flying at a speed of 500 mph, its 500 mph speed is in additon to the plane's initial 1,000 mph momentum, which is the same as the 1,000 mph rotation of the earth, which is the same as the 1,000 mph movement of the atmosphere (with varying wind speeds as a result of different atmospheric pressures at different places). 

Why I support flat-earth, while on the airplane I can see flat horizon. Auto-pilot mode will travel in straight direction only which they do for most long distance flight. So if the earth has curvature as globe, we would have reached higher atmosphere. But actually, it maintains the same distance from the ground. There is so much evidence of flaat earth now that the technology (like go pro) is available.

Auto pilot does not travel in a straight horizontal path.

Auto pilot travels at constant altitude.  The plane has instruments that detect outside air pressure, which indicates altitude. 

Setting auto pilot at a specific altitude will maintain the altitude set.  Constant altitude will not cause the plane to fly in a horizontally straight path; it will cause the plane to fly in accordance with the curvature of the round earth.

Why you support flat earth?  Because your mind was closed by your religious belief.
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2015 at 01:48 PM by barrister »

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #217 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 01:44 PM »
Because it is given that everything on earth moves 1000 mph relative to that point where the 100 mph was measured. It would be silly to say the the wind is 1641 kph when all we are feeling is 32 kph.

Ok so pls enlighten me. If everything is moving 1000 mph, and that includes the atmosphere. In flying, how much speed we need to reach 1000 miles away (1st case going to east and 2nd case going to west) from the point of origin in one hour?

« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2015 at 01:46 PM by JT »

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 01:47 PM »
Okay, earth is flat. Where is the evidence that there is God?

Can we say also, the earth is globe/sphere shape, therefore God exist.

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #219 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 01:59 PM »
Ok so pls enlighten me. If everything is moving 1000 mph, and that includes the atmosphere. In flying, how much speed we need to reach 1000 miles away (1st case going to east and 2nd case going to west) from the point of origin in one hour?

The answer is definitely not 2000 mph going east and 500 mph going west. There's just too many variables that we to need consider.
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2015 at 02:02 PM by bumblebee »

Offline tigkal

• Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
« Reply #220 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 01:59 PM »
For those civil engineers here, they understand about earth's curvature, because it is compensated during survey works. If the earth is really flat, so we can fall off the edge?

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #221 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 02:04 PM »

If everything is moving at 1000 miles per away then relative to this speed, everything is actually in "standstill". If you want to travel a distance from your current location to a specified location point B with below given:

- distance from origin to point B (D) -> 1000 miles
- required travel time (T) -> 1 hour

Speed (R) = D/T = 1000/1 = 1000 miles/hour (relative to "standstill")

Speed (R1) = 1000 + 1000 = 2000 miles/hour (relative to true standstill)

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 02:06 PM »
Okay... You prove that the earth is flat. Now, prove me that there is God.

The earth is flat therefore there is God? Ganito ba ibig mong iparating?

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 02:08 PM »
For those civil engineers here, they understand about earth's curvature, because it is compensated during survey works. If the earth is really flat, so we can fall off the edge?

You do not need to be a civil engineer to understand the world is spherical in nature. You can just maintain a northern, southern, western or eastern heading (and travel in a straight line) and keep going. At a point in time at the same point you started.

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #224 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 02:19 PM »
Ok, let me share to you how I started looking into this.  You see when I was going to New Zealand which is around 11 hrs flight from Singapore. 5,297 miles journey. So the airplane is travelling (5,297/11 hrs) for around 480 miles/hr which is the average speed allowed for airplanes. Speed is being broadcasted during the flight.

Now my issue is, according to scientist the earth is spinning around 1000 miles per hour. If clockwise it is impossible for the airplane to reach NZ at the speed of 480 miles/hr only.  And if counter clockwise it will only take a few minutes travel. Unless the earth does not move.

Having said that the earth moves around 1000 miles per hour, that is about 17 miles per minute. So if i go up in the sky, stay there then go down after 1 minute? I should be around 17 miles away from my original spot but is that the case? the only possibility is that the earth doesn't move nor spin.

The atmosphere spins geo-synchronously with the earth.  You assume wrongly that the earth spins while the atmosphere stays put.  No doubt you've tracked typhoons over the Pacific.  If your "theory" is correct, a typhoon spotted over Micronesia now will be over the Philippines in 4 hours.  Doesn't happen that way right? (It will take about 5 days for the typhoon to reach PAR).
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2015 at 02:21 PM by lithium_deuteride »
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline panzimus

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #225 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 02:40 PM »
Now this is something you don't see everyday. A flat Earth. This is interesting although I can see flaws na agad especially yung pag suspended ka sa air dapat sa ibang lugar na land mo due to pagikot ng Earth.

When I was a kid, tumatalon ako sa loob ng van habang nasa express way kami. Thinking na maiiwan ako at didikit sa rear window dahil sa speed of between 80-100kph. But same spot pa din ang binabagsakan ko kung saan ako tumalon. Di ako plumakda sa rear window. Same ng pag may langaw sa sasakyan, bakit di sila naiiwan samantalang naka suspend sila sa ere while flying. Answer? Momentum.

Offline tigkal

• Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
« Reply #226 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 02:45 PM »
You do not need to be a civil engineer to understand the world is spherical in nature. You can just maintain a northern, southern, western or eastern heading (and travel in a straight line) and keep going. At a point in time at the same point you started.

I think what JT is driving at is that it is circular but flat, so if you travel from point a to point b, you can still arrive at the start point. Think of it as a ball but laid flat on the floor. That is why if that is the case, then we should have some place where we will fall off the edge.

Offline bosyo

• Collector
  • Namaste
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 02:59 PM »
circle zoom at 3000%

Dai-ichi
Crown
Micro
Starvox
Booster (mj2955)
ALC 888
Phelps Dodge
Aiwa Cassette

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 03:05 PM »
. Answer? Momentum.

Aka Newton's 1st Law of Motion - a body in motion stays in motion with same speed & direction unless compelled to change speed and/or direction by an outside force.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 03:17 PM »
I think what JT is driving at is that it is circular but flat, so if you travel from point a to point b, you can still arrive at the start point. Think of it as a ball but laid flat on the floor. That is why if that is the case, then we should have some place where we will fall off the edge.

Circular but flat? This is impossible. You cannot even visualize this.

A very big circle with very large diameter can be visualized as "flat" provided you limit the amount of distance you travel. This is very similar with a person looking into the earth. Due to the limited vision of the person, it is very difficult to see it is spherical in nature.
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2015 at 03:21 PM by rascal101 »

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: The Religion Thread
« Reply #230 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 03:24 PM »

Travel continuously and return to the starting point, you can only do that if you travel along edge of the flat circle.

Travel from one edge to the opposite edge and you still fall off the opposite edge.

What JT is driving at is his insistence on the truth of his religious belief.
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2015 at 09:01 PM by barrister »

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 03:30 PM »
Now this is something you don't see everyday. A flat Earth. This is interesting although I can see flaws na agad especially yung pag suspended ka sa air dapat sa ibang lugar na land mo due to pagikot ng Earth.

When I was a kid, tumatalon ako sa loob ng van habang nasa express way kami. Thinking na maiiwan ako at didikit sa rear window dahil sa speed of between 80-100kph. But same spot pa din ang binabagsakan ko kung saan ako tumalon. Di ako plumakda sa rear window. Same ng pag may langaw sa sasakyan, bakit di sila naiiwan samantalang naka suspend sila sa ere while flying. Answer? Momentum.

The earth is rotating at a certain speed. Due to gravitational pull we "become" a part of the earth. As such, we acquire the speed with which the earth rotates.

This is the same thing when you take a vehicle. Take notice if you try to throw an object in the air inside the vehicle, provided you throw it perpendicular to the car or bus, the object will return to the original point where you threw it. The object having "acquired" the vehicles speed will accelerate or decelerate in the axis with which the vehicle is travelling. It will not be suspended in mid-air.

Offline panzimus

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 03:34 PM »
The earth is rotating at a certain speed. Due to gravitational pull we "become" a part of the earth. As such, we acquire the speed with which the earth rotates.

This is the same thing when you take a vehicle. Take notice if you try to throw an object in the air inside the vehicle, provided you throw it perpendicular to the car or bus, the object will return to the original point where you threw it. The object having "acquired" the vehicles speed will accelerate or decelerate in the axis with which the vehicle is travelling. It will not be suspended in mid-air.

Exactly. I remember my Dad laughing at me trying to jump and stay in the air as long as I can sa loob ng van namin noon thinking na didikit ako sa likod. Ang sinabi niya lang sakin, maiintindihan ko din daw balang araw bakit di mangyayari yung gusto kong gawin. then natutunan ko ang gravity at momentum ng mga bagay bagay, tama nga siya, maiintindihan ko din balang araw. :)

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: The Religion Thread
« Reply #233 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 03:39 PM »
Si sir JT, sana tumalon siya sa loob ng eroplano habang nasa cruising speed yung eroplano.

Tapos pag uwi niya, sumakay siya sa estribo ng jeepney, habang umaandar, tumalon siya galing estribo papunta sa kalye.

Para maintindihan niya kung ano ang momentum at inertia... :D
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2015 at 03:52 PM by barrister »

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 03:45 PM »
Palagay ko nag "cutting class" si Sir JT kaya hindi niya naliwanagan na hindi patag ang mundo.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 03:46 PM »
 :D  Absent...

Tiyak na bata pa siya alam na niya yon.

Ang naging problema, nang tumanda, may narinig sa relihiyon.  Ayun, nagkaloko-loko na...  ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2015 at 03:46 PM by barrister »

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 03:48 PM »
Si sir JT, sana tumalon siya sa loob ng eroplano babang nasa cruising speed yung eroplano.

Tapos pag uwi niya, sumakay siya sa estribo ng jeepney, habang umaandar, tumalon siya galing estribo papunta sa kalye.

Para maintindihan niya kung ano ang momentum at inertia... :D

Momentum nalang Atty.  Masakit yung inertia.

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 04:01 PM »
:D  Absent...

Tiyak na bata pa siya alam na niya yon.

Ang naging problema, nang tumanda, may narinig sa relihiyon.  Ayun, nagkaloko-loko na...  ;)

Ang agham at relihiyon ay hindi naman dapat magka kontra. Ang agham nga ang nagpapatunay na totoo ang Panginoong Jesus at tama ang kanyang mga sinasabi. Kung may kakulangan ang kasalukuyang agham isa lang ibig sabihin noon, may kakulangan pa rin ang pag unawa ng tao.

Offline mbtorn

• Trade Count: (+169)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #239 on: Sep 02, 2015 at 04:24 PM »
Hilig nyo kasi magpapatol.. >:D >:D >:D >:D