Author Topic: Recommend a soundbar  (Read 11104 times)

Offline tigkal

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
Re: Recommend a soundbar
« Reply #30 on: Nov 29, 2016 at 02:59 PM »
I was in Megamall last Sunday. Naka sale yung JBL 350 at 250 na soundbar. Yung 20k, 12k na lang. Yung 16k, 11k na lang. Hanggang Nov.30 only. Or while supplies last.
Same lang yata pricing sa Lazada. Much less if via app and citibank card on a weekend.

Offline Pipo_1925

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #31 on: Nov 29, 2016 at 03:05 PM »
Same lang yata pricing sa Lazada. Much less if via app and citibank card on a weekend.

sa tingin ko dun galing yon kasi sold by JBL nakalagay

Offline Reefshark

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Ride on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #32 on: Nov 29, 2016 at 07:36 PM »
How about HK sb26? If I'm not mistaken kaya nya decode dts

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #33 on: Dec 18, 2016 at 12:05 AM »
my magandang soundbar ba na worth 10k below lang? balak ko sana kasi maglagay sa kwarto.

Offline TobyStark

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #34 on: Dec 19, 2016 at 11:31 AM »
This seems to be a good deal

https://www.olx.ph/item/polk-audio-magnifi-one-soundbar-ID7JSx6.html?p=3&h=5b6f5e7d02#5b6f5e7d02

Lazada and Polk Store still has this priced @ 22,990

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
« Reply #35 on: Dec 21, 2016 at 03:27 PM »
my magandang soundbar ba na worth 10k below lang? balak ko sana kasi maglagay sa kwarto.

sir Emorej2015, try LG SH5... I have one and I'm satisfied with it.  also set-up at our bedroom.

Offline marvin666

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #36 on: Dec 21, 2016 at 04:12 PM »
sir Emorej2015, try LG SH5... I have one and I'm satisfied with it.  also set-up at our bedroom.
Sir,  around how much sh5? I'm considering the sb350 for my LG 43".  Thanks

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Dec 21, 2016 at 04:55 PM »
^ i've bought mine PhP8,990 at Anson's C&C c/o Boss King.. SMS mo siya if still available.. if your LG 43 is a 2016 model, i think you could pair them via bluetooth =))  else, via HDMI or S/PDIF

JBL 350 has no DTS decoder, sir..

Offline Pipo_1925

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Dec 21, 2016 at 05:18 PM »
^ i've bought mine PhP8,990 at Anson's C&C c/o Boss King.. SMS mo siya if still available.. if your LG 43 is a 2016 model, i think you could pair them via bluetooth =))  else, via HDMI or S/PDIF

dapat nag tiyaga na lang ako maghanap nitong LG. 7700 kuha ko sb150. cable viewing lang maganda

edit: night and day siya sa HT ko pag nanonood ng movies
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2016 at 05:21 PM by pipo_4321 »

Offline marvin666

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Dec 21, 2016 at 08:31 PM »

Thanks for the reply sir, will inquire with him. Yes my LG 43" TV is 2016 model.

Offline Pipo_1925

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Dec 22, 2016 at 12:22 AM »
Thanks for the reply sir, will inquire with him. Yes my LG 43" TV is 2016 model.

Mas mura sa olx. 8k cash price. Ansons glorietta yata

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Dec 22, 2016 at 09:46 AM »

thank you sa input boss. try ko to..

Offline Audio Excellence

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Definitive Technology
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Dec 22, 2016 at 12:45 PM »
If you can increase your budget. Consider the Polk Audio Magnifi Mini for P22,990.

Polk Audio MagniFi Mini
Powered home theater sound bar with wireless subwoofer, plus Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®

Big sound for smaller spaces

There's one TV in my house that I almost never watch. The picture looks fine, but the sound from its tiny built-in speakers is just pathetic. I've been looking to upgrade with a compact sound bar system, and Polk Audio's MagniFi Mini is a strong contender.

When Polk stopped by recently they demoed their new Signature series speakers and the MagniFi Mini system. They played the 5.1 speaker setup first, and I think we were all expecting a big letdown when they switched to the MagniFi sound bar and sub, but that didn't happen. The MagniFi duo sounded ridiculously big and full for a system of this size and price.

The biggest problem with most TV speakers is distorted, hard-to-hear dialogue. The MagniFi Mini sound bar tackles this issue with Polk's patent-pending VoiceAdjust™ technology. VoiceAdjust lifts the sound of speech so that it's easy to make out, regardless of what you're watching — or how loud. Even soft-spoken dialogue comes through crystal-clear whether you're sitting directly in front of the TV or off to the side. There's even a separate volume control just for voice.

Simple to hook up and use
Hooking up the MagniFi Mini is quick and easy. It connects to your TV with just a single audio cable. Using the included HDMI or optical digital cables lets you take advantage of the bar's built-in Dolby® Digital decoding. You can also choose between three listening modes — Movies, Music, and Sports — to help tailor the sound to what you're watching.

Speaking of connections, the MagniFi Mini also has built-in Bluetooth® and Google Cast. You can wirelessly play tunes from your smartphone or tablet through the sound bar's powerful drivers.

A compact, convenient wireless subwoofer
Polk included a sub with a 6-1/2" woofer to deliver satisfying bass for high-energy action scenes and music. It connects to the sound bar wirelessly, which makes it super easy to place in your room — you just need to plug it into a wall outlet for power.

Audio Excellence
427 F. Martinez Ave., Mandaluyong City
(Near Cityhall Rotunda and beside 'Seatmate')
Cel: (0917) 854-1243 / Tel: (02) 631-6008 / (02) 239-7051

Offline marvin666

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Dec 24, 2016 at 11:13 PM »
Got the LG sh5, I'm very satisfied with it. Thanks guys (@mhacman) for the recommendation, wala na stock si boss King, sa ansons the link ako nakakuha (@pipo_4321)

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Dec 28, 2016 at 02:05 AM »
^ wow, sir!  I'm happy that you liked it too.  and you're fortunate in getting one with a lesser price =))

have you tried to connect your LG TV with LG SH5 wireless (Bluetooth)?

also, as the subwoofer is wireless, try to find an appropriate place for a better lows
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2016 at 02:11 AM by mhacman »

Offline marvin666

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Dec 28, 2016 at 08:44 PM »
^ wow, sir!  I'm happy that you liked it too.  and you're fortunate in getting one with a lesser price =))

have you tried to connect your LG TV with LG SH5 wireless (Bluetooth)?

also, as the subwoofer is wireless, try to find an appropriate place for a better lows
I used the optical cable that came with it. I'm using bt for Spotify streaming, but will try connecting the TV via bt next time.

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Dec 30, 2016 at 11:53 AM »
^
wow. congrats sir...

Offline marsie38

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Dec 31, 2016 at 06:26 AM »
Mga guru ano mas ok sa soundbar jbl sb400 or lg sh8. Ano mas bang for the buck and ok na tunog. Have no idea sa mga tunog ng mga ito pa e.

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2016 at 06:35 AM by marsie38 »
~*mars*~

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Jan 01, 2017 at 09:09 PM »
ang sinasabi ni mhacman sir mukhang maganda sya

Offline Pipo_1925

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jan 01, 2017 at 10:59 PM »
Mga guru ano mas ok sa soundbar jbl sb400 or lg sh8. Ano mas bang for the buck and ok na tunog. Have no idea sa mga tunog ng mga ito pa e.

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

Bang for the buck ang lg based sa price and specs pero di ko pa nadinig yung tunog

Offline elmo37

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #50 on: Jan 04, 2017 at 01:36 AM »
mga sirs, ok na rin ba pang videoke tong soundbars? ano marerecommend nyo for below 10k budget?
i'm also considering LG sh5 and JBL SB250 (10k @ lazada)

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jan 23, 2017 at 10:44 AM »
Polk Audio MagniFi Mini
Powered home theater sound bar with wireless subwoofer, plus Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®

Price is P22,990 for the set.

Available at:

POLK AUDIO HOME THEATER & HIFI CONCEPT STORE
SM Mall of Asia - 2nd floor North wing near Imax/Cinema area 
Tel: 664-8191 / 957-0256 / (0917) 832-5821

Big sound for smaller spaces

There's one TV in my house that I almost never watch. The picture looks fine, but the sound from its tiny built-in speakers is just pathetic. I've been looking to upgrade with a compact sound bar system, and Polk Audio's MagniFi Mini is a strong contender.

When Polk stopped by recently they demoed their new Signature series speakers and the MagniFi Mini system. They played the 5.1 speaker setup first, and I think we were all expecting a big letdown when they switched to the MagniFi sound bar and sub, but that didn't happen. The MagniFi duo sounded ridiculously big and full for a system of this size and price.

The biggest problem with most TV speakers is distorted, hard-to-hear dialogue. The MagniFi Mini sound bar tackles this issue with Polk's patent-pending VoiceAdjust™ technology. VoiceAdjust lifts the sound of speech so that it's easy to make out, regardless of what you're watching — or how loud. Even soft-spoken dialogue comes through crystal-clear whether you're sitting directly in front of the TV or off to the side. There's even a separate volume control just for voice.

Simple to hook up and use
Hooking up the MagniFi Mini is quick and easy. It connects to your TV with just a single audio cable. Using the included HDMI or optical digital cables lets you take advantage of the bar's built-in Dolby® Digital decoding. You can also choose between three listening modes — Movies, Music, and Sports — to help tailor the sound to what you're watching.

Speaking of connections, the MagniFi Mini also has built-in Bluetooth® and Google Cast. You can wirelessly play tunes from your smartphone or tablet through the sound bar's powerful drivers.

A compact, convenient wireless subwoofer
Polk included a sub with a 6-1/2" woofer to deliver satisfying bass for high-energy action scenes and music. It connects to the sound bar wirelessly, which makes it super easy to place in your room — you just need to plug it into a wall outlet for power.

Product Highlights:

2.1-channel system; compact sound bar has 6 built-in speakers
four 2-1/4" drivers and two 1/2" tweeters
separate wireless subwoofer with 6-1/2" driver
built-in Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and Google Cast for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
Polk VoiceAdjust™ technology helps keep dialogue intelligible
Dolby® Digital decoding
three listening modes: Movie, Music, and Sports
universal remote control learns commands from IR remotes for TVs, satellite receivers, and cable boxes
remote has master volume control, plus separate volume buttons for "bass" and "voice"
HDMI input (6-1/2-ft. cable included)
Toslink optical digital audio input (6-ft. cable included)
3.5mm stereo minijack input (6-ft. cable included)
Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network
USB port for firmware updates
system frequency response 40-24,000 Hz
sound bar: 13-7/16"W x 3-1/8"H x 4-1/4"D
subwoofer: 7-7/16"W x 14-1/2"H 14-7/16"D

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jan 29, 2017 at 12:11 PM »
mahal masyado ito MagniFi Mini...

any actual user reviews here in PDVD -- to know if price is justifiable?  doesn't even have DTS decoder, or does it has?

Offline viperkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Jul 17, 2017 at 10:16 AM »
Anybody tried the JBL SB450?

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Sep 11, 2017 at 09:06 AM »
mahal masyado ito MagniFi Mini...

any actual user reviews here in PDVD -- to know if price is justifiable?  doesn't even have DTS decoder, or does it has?

one of my friend bro yan ang binili. in terms of performance maganda talaga sya for a soundbar. my DTS decoder sya.
but for price hindi sulit magbayad ng ganyan ka mahal.

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Sep 11, 2017 at 09:07 AM »
Anybody tried the JBL SB450?

JBL SB450 is a very good soundbar. pero dagdagan mo nalnag kunti makakapag 5.1 ka na.

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 975
« Reply #56 on: Sep 11, 2017 at 09:35 AM »
Looking at the driver compliment of the Polk...how can it simulate or do justice to DD or DTS if its just 2.1? I mean the bar itself is just stereo (2 x mid + 1 tweeter per channel)
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Sep 11, 2017 at 01:59 PM »
^ same as other soundbars, sir.  not just the Polk.  with minimum 2.1 or 4.1 speaker config, they have each own's proprietary virtual surround software -- closely mimicking the "full surround sound effects".  soundbars are the answer to those who "just cannot" afford a full HT set-up (AVR + 5.1 speakers).  either due to environment limitations or other reasons...

though soundbars with this speaker configuration will never match the actual surround sound effects of full 5.1 set can provide, just find a good placement for it on your theater room and "virtual" surround sound will really work i. e.  the sound bounces off side walls/back wall on to your listening spot. 

per my experience watching DD/DTS encoded movies with the LG SH5, I do hear sound effects by my side and sometimes come from behind me (depend on the movie scenes.. =)

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Sep 11, 2017 at 02:08 PM »
latest movies I watched with my LG SH5 (before I was able to sell it about 3 weeks ago) were Okja & Wonder Woman =))

also watched some concerts (DD/DTS audio format) with it and finds it working well -- just not exactly the same as immerse satisfaction as with full HT set-up..

Offline Bemermeister

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Dec 09, 2017 at 05:19 PM »
Hi All,

Anyone else here own an LG SJ5 or SH5? Did anyone try conmecting via ARC?

Everytime I connect a hdmi imput to the tv, i lose sound sa ARC. I opted to use the optical cable instead to avoid the hassle. Is this normal?

Any tips to improve volume of netflix? Na max out ko na soundbar pero parang mahina talaga sound ng netflix for movies.

Thanks!