Author Topic: Home Theater(s) / Gym / Mini-bar - December 2015  (Read 7671 times)

Offline dimfer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: Home Theater(s) / Gym / Mini-bar - December 2015
« Reply #30 on: Jan 24, 2016 at 02:30 PM »
or some people say "house broke"

Are you getting a dedicated room Nogie?

I envy guy who have a dedicated audio or HT room... The original plan of our basement has a dedicated room but I was more into aquariums when we built the house that's we have an aquarium room but no dedicated audio room...

well, you cannot have everything in life I suppose
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2016 at 02:36 PM by dimfer »
Magico S7, Trodt Gm70, Lamm LL2 Deluxe, PS Audio Direct Stream, Aurender A10, Garrard 401

Offline muscleboy

• Collector
  • Pinoy Canadian :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Home Theater(s) / Gym / Mini-bar - December 2015
« Reply #31 on: Jan 25, 2016 at 09:08 AM »
Nogie, I'm almost mid-40 din pero kayo lang ni Dimfer ang matanda

Yeah, men. Can't have everything in life. Mine just happens to be I need to have an HT room regardless of the size of my home. I remember first time my wife and I migrated here as we we're just renting a small room in the basement. Our small room was a bedroom/HT/family/dining room in one, hehe..
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2016 at 09:08 AM by muscleboy »
Yamaha | Paradigm | SVS | Pioneer Elite | PS3 | Apple Tv | Panasonic | EluneVision | Primacoustic

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jan 25, 2016 at 02:02 PM »
tingnan lang natin kung sino mauunang magtina ng buhok ang magbunot ng puting kilay at balbas  >:D I will turn 52 this September, nai-ID pa paminsan minsan  8)

you've come a long way muscleboy.. may killer HT ka na, abangan natin ang kay Nogie
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2016 at 02:04 PM by dimfer »
Magico S7, Trodt Gm70, Lamm LL2 Deluxe, PS Audio Direct Stream, Aurender A10, Garrard 401

Offline muscleboy

• Collector
  • Pinoy Canadian :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: Jan 26, 2016 at 10:50 PM »
you've come a long way muscleboy.. may killer HT ka na, abangan natin ang kay Nogie

Pag nadaanan mo na kse yung butas ng karayom dito sa Canada, you feel like you can take on any challenge life gives you plus you get to appreciate all the great things and blessings here. :)

Yeah, gamit na gamit etong finished basement. I have a full bathroom as well so after my 30 minute morning/afternoon workout in my gym diretso ligo then bihis sa masters bedroom upstairs.  HT naman on weeknights and weekends. I often work in the basement too so I keep some food and drinks in the mini-bar so I don't have to go upstairs everytime I need a snack.

It's a lot of money to finish a basement kaya most people just keep it unfinished and use it just for storage but if you plan and build it well then you get to have dedicated rooms for your exact needs. My wife also loves me more now ;) as she got her own sewing/projects area and also a nicely done laundry room as well.
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2016 at 10:50 PM by muscleboy »
Yamaha | Paradigm | SVS | Pioneer Elite | PS3 | Apple Tv | Panasonic | EluneVision | Primacoustic

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jan 27, 2016 at 06:26 AM »
sewing room - my wife and our daughter would love to have that.

we bought a small house but finished the basement right away and very happy with the decision. some people buy big 2 storey houses and fill up the basement with unused/unwanted junk, my wife doesn't like that idea. she believe that if you have less space, you will accumulate less junk.

my hobby related stuff in the basement are slowly expanding from the aquarium room, to the main family room, to the second spare bedroom and on to the third.. my wife if not very happy about it.

I intend to replace the bed in the bigger spare room with a wall bed for guests, and utilize the same as my wife's sawing room. gusto ko sanang i-convert into a dedicated audio room, pero palagay ko di na papayag si kumander.. when she talk to her sisters, she would point her fingers around our bed and say "yan, yan lang ang lugar ko".. but of course she knows it's not the case. pero kailangan ko na ring sumipsip para di pansinin masyado ang audio stuff ko.

talking about pagdaan sa butas ng karayom - been there, done that. halos sampung taon na naggugupitan kaming mag-asawa kasi namamahalan kaming magpagupit sa parlor/barbero.