Author Topic: Onkyo nr 535 busted hdmi board  (Read 818 times)

Offline ubermab

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Onkyo nr 535 busted hdmi board
« on: Apr 20, 2016 at 04:02 PM »
Sadly this is the report of the technician at onkyo. Whats weird is they cant tell me how much for repair because apparently they are waitmg for the master technician.

Im anxious. Haha is my receiver considered dead now?
Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Offline muniman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: Onkyo nr 535 busted hdmi board
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2016 at 06:40 AM »
Had the same case with my txnr 609. Sent it to Toyama at West ave and they told me itll cost me around 13k. Wtf right? I made some research and found out that my onkyo receiver model is listed in their recall. Apparently, Onkyo used substandard hdmi boards with those models. Sent onkyo an email and they agreed to replace my hdmi board with a new one even if its beyond warranty.. Paid for the shipping cost of the new board only.  Now, my receiver works like new. I suggest you check yours at their site and ask for extended warranty of the parts. Hope this helps and goodluck bro.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Offline vapo_chill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Onkyo nr 535 busted hdmi board
« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2016 at 05:42 PM »
if you can identify the part # of the board, you might find your luck at ebay or aliexpress. i got a replacement hdmi board for a friend's tx-sr506 from ebay, costed us around 30 usd + about 10 usd shipping. but isn't it that the 535 is fairly new? wala na ba sa warranty?
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2016 at 05:47 PM by vapo_chill »