Author Topic: Mini-LED TV's  (Read 803 times)

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 285
Mini-LED TV's
« on: Aug 09, 2024 at 11:09 AM »
After many sneak previews from CES and a select number of models that came out early on, mini-LED TV's are now plentiful in the country.  A step up from the usual LED TV's, mini-LED's provide excellent brightness, contrast, and very good HDR performance.  Most mini-leds also come with full array local dimming, providing deep blacks that are nearly as good as that of an OLED TV. 

As of August 2024, here are some of the available mini-LED TV's in the Philippines:

Hisense
• ULED U7K

Philips
• MINILED 9506 TV

Samsung
•  Neo QLED Q85D
•  Neo QLED Q90D
•  Neo QLED Q800D (8K)
•  Neo QLED Q900D (8K)

Sharp
•  Aquos XLED

Sony
• Bravia 7
• X95L

TCL
• C755 QD Mini-LED
• C855 QD Mini-LED
• X955 Premium QD Mini-LED (115 inch only)

This thread is dedicated to discussing mini-LED TV's, so if there is a model missing from the list above, please feel free to post on this thread.

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Mini-LED TV's
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2024 at 01:36 PM »
The most expensive one I've found in Manila so far.

Note: 1-year warranty

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Mini-LED TV's
« Reply #2 on: Sep 05, 2024 at 03:21 PM »
RTings compares the Sony Bravia 9 and Bravia 7.  They mentioned that the Bravia 9 is the best LED TV they have ever reviewed but that the Bravia 7 is actually pretty close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9SxA1DPX1A

What I didn't expect was this: at the 10:35 mark on the video, the reviewer mentioned that the HiSense U8N was just as good as the Bravia 7 but at a cheaper price.  I was surprised by this as XR processing has always been the best in the LED world.

I did a quick check, and it turns out that HiSense DOES have an extensive lineup in the Philippines but that they choose very carefully where they put their top-shelf products (which is why on the first post I thought that the U7N series were their only mini-leds available here).  Hopefully we get to see one on more stores soon.