Author Topic: Wetek Hub / Play 2 Review  (Read 42109 times)

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
Re: Wetek Hub Review
« Reply #90 on: Nov 02, 2016 at 11:54 PM »
Hi Stickfighter,

I called ehome today and inquired about the Wetek based on your post. Like you im a mede8er user that i got from ehome 4 yrs ago. Im looking for a media player too but im more interested in the media streaming  (unli access to movies online) features and capabilities of Wetek. Can you share more reviews regarding that feature?
I was told that it comes pre installed with software and a free 1 month subscription and access to unli movies capped at 100gb per month. Theres a p450 monthly subscription if you want this service continued.
Thank you and looking forward to your posts.

Hello mcspicy :)

As a media player, hands down, this kicks Egreat and Mede8er's butt!!! The PQ/AQ of the Wetek Hub is awesome 8)

Yes. When you purchase the Hub, it comes pre-installed with apps to access online streaming programs. Viewing online programs varies on a number of factors, namely:
1. Internet Speed
2. Source (host from where you are accessing the file)
3. Quality (PQ: SD/HD - AQ: 2 channel/surround audio)

The pre-installed software is different. The product it called put.io. Simply put, put.io is a cloud storage service and bittorrent client combined. It basically allows you to download torrents thru a "web drive" and then lets you stream content back to any of your devices with subtitle support. Put.Io also has support for torrent rss feeds. The nice thing about this is, it turns your torrents into streams. No more waiting to download. Capture the torrent link, incorporate it into put.io and watch right away. No more waiting to download the file prior to watching. Put.io is free for the first 30 days. Should you wish to continue, the service will cost you 450 pesos a month for a 100GB cloud storage. You may pay by credit card or by pre-paid card which is available at eHome as well :)
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2016 at 11:58 PM by stickfighter »

Offline ehome

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #91 on: Nov 04, 2016 at 12:20 PM »
i forgot to mention that what makes the purchase of wetek really worth it is the generosity of ehome to help in all aspect.yesterday ehome walked me through in setting up put. io and in putting it to use. everytime i text ehome for questions responses are provided. i always get the help needed from either stickfighter or ehome.

Sent from my ASUS_Z002 using Tapatalk

Thank you :)

Offline mcspicy316

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #92 on: Nov 08, 2016 at 09:34 AM »
I got my Wetek from Ehome last week and I've been totally satisfied with the product as well as the after-sales customer support. Everyone in the household is amazed at the video on demand capabilities. Im still trying to organize my files but ive already managed to network my wetek to my desktop so that files downloaded from torrent can be played without having to physically load the file in the USB drive.

Is there an app or a playlist add-on from Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB so that all highly recommended movies by the viewing public will automatically be collated in a folder complete with movie info? Thanks1:)

Offline ehome

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Nov 08, 2016 at 10:05 AM »
I got my Wetek from Ehome last week and I've been totally satisfied with the product as well as the after-sales customer support. Everyone in the household is amazed at the video on demand capabilities.

Thanks for the feedback mscpicy316 :)
Im still trying to organize my files but ive already managed to network my wetek to my desktop so that files downloaded from torrent can be played without having to physically load the file in the USB drive.

Glad to hear it worked out :)

Is there an app or a playlist add-on from Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB so that all highly recommended movies by the viewing public will automatically be collated in a folder complete with movie info? Thanks1:)
I'm not aware if there's something exactly like that, but I'll PM you something I think is close.

Offline ehome

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Nov 08, 2016 at 11:35 AM »
Anyone curious about the upcoming Android Marshmallow for the Wetek Hub?  ^-^

The development build is out. Please note that there're still some bugs but try it out anyway. You can always revert back to the current stable build :)

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/28930/development-build-wetek-hub-android-6-0#latest

Offline azzileur

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #95 on: Nov 10, 2016 at 05:03 PM »
Off-topic, may I ask what USB hub are you using?  eHome selling USB hubs as well?

...Unfortunately, Wetek was only only able to read two out of the three hard drives attached to my USB hub, one 1 tb and one 2 tb...

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #96 on: Nov 10, 2016 at 05:31 PM »
Off-topic, may I ask what USB hub are you using?  eHome selling USB hubs as well?
something i got fr sm cyberzone not sure what the brand is.

SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #97 on: Nov 11, 2016 at 09:05 AM »
hmmnn...looks promising ito..still using xtreamer gen1 to this day..subscribing

Offline mcspicy316

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Nov 11, 2016 at 12:53 PM »
Its a good buy for it's video on demand feature

Offline mcspicy316

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Nov 12, 2016 at 01:58 PM »
Hi wetek users can you recommend working links for F1 and motogp live broadcast? How about.mma and ufc? Thanks

Offline shoestrings

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • missing the moon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #100 on: Nov 12, 2016 at 06:49 PM »
i've been following this thread and since wetek hub has only 1gb of ram what's the total usable ram?
can you guys post a screenshot of kodi systeminfo then hardware or cpuz > 2nd tab called devices? Thanks
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2016 at 06:50 PM by shoestrings »
I spent the summer wasting
The time was passed so easily

Offline dencio105

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 205

Offline ehome

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Nov 16, 2016 at 01:53 PM »
i've been following this thread and since wetek hub has only 1gb of ram what's the total usable ram?
can you guys post a screenshot of kodi systeminfo then hardware or cpuz > 2nd tab called devices? Thanks

Hi shoestrings,

Here's the system info on the Wetek Hub (Kodi16.1-android5.1.1)

Here's the system info on the Wetek Hub (Kodi 16.1-LibreElec)

Here's the system info on the Wetek Hub (Kodi 17-android 6.0.1 beta)
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2016 at 03:16 PM by ehome »

Offline shoestrings

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • missing the moon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #103 on: Nov 16, 2016 at 03:26 PM »
Hi shoestrings,

Thanks ehome!
I spent the summer wasting
The time was passed so easily

Offline ehome

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Nov 16, 2016 at 03:28 PM »
Quoting wrxtasy from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=280406&page=17

You do not need more than 1GB RAM to play 2160p 10bit HEVC files, you could probably get away with 512MB or RAM or even less for use as a Kodi media streaming device.
Android Lollipop has efficient Garbage collection and housekeeping routines to keep everything running smoothly. LibreELEC is very efficient and does not even use 500MB of RAM when running. You can easily stream media in excess of the UHD HEVC 10bit - Max bitrate without problems.

The only use for more than 1GB I can see is for games with lots and lots of 3D textures and maybe torrenting, when a lot of data may be held in memory.
A PC running a comparatively bloated OS like Windows for Kodi use would need more than 1GB of RAM.

Kodi, by default, only uses around 64MB for video caching. http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_the_video_cache at section 2.

Offline ehome

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Nov 16, 2016 at 03:29 PM »

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
« Reply #106 on: Nov 16, 2016 at 03:40 PM »
besides the article about 1GB RAM (which is very much comforting to know), there hasn't anyone here complaining of video play issues with their Wetek Hub, right?  Knowing that PDVD peeps lurking here are already collectors of some 4K materials.

I would think its 8GB ROM is more of an issue since we want to install too many applications.  but then, the interim solution is to extend it with a removable media card.

=))

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Nov 16, 2016 at 03:45 PM »

Here's the system info on the Wetek Hub (Kodi 16.1-LibreElec)

Here's the system info on the Wetek Hub (Kodi 17-android 6.0.1 beta)

sir marvin, why is it with "Kodi16.1-android5.1.1"  there's only tri-Core?  whereas with LibreElec and Kodi v17 Beta on Marshmallow, it shows its all Quad-Core active?

do you still release Wetek Hub in Lollipop OS?  TIA!

Offline ehome

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Nov 16, 2016 at 03:52 PM »
sir marvin, why is it with "Kodi16.1-android5.1.1"  there's only tri-Core?  whereas with LibreElec and Kodi v17 Beta on Marshmallow, it shows its all Quad-Core active?

do you still release Wetek Hub in Lollipop OS?  TIA!

This is already edited. It still sees 4 cores, it's just core0-3 :) Weird numbering. Hehe.
Thanks. Very good catch :) Currently the Wetek Hub is in 5.1.1 lollipop and they've released an open beta for those who want to try Netflix in 4K and 5.1 audio. LibreElec is the Kodi with the smallest footprint in case you want more RAM :)
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2016 at 04:10 PM by ehome »

Offline kangkaroth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Nov 24, 2016 at 06:50 AM »
thanks boss Martin and Marvin for the last unit... really enjoying it

Offline ehome

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Nov 24, 2016 at 04:10 PM »

Thank you too, Jeff :) Glad you're enjoying. ;D

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #111 on: Dec 01, 2016 at 12:44 AM »

Congrats paps. I am glad your enjoying it. Happy endless viewing :)

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #112 on: Dec 01, 2016 at 02:42 AM »
put.io has been very convenient so far. because of the streaming features i upgraded my net subscription to 3mbps ang bagal pa din compared to those having 10 or 50 mbps pero ok na ako. i used 30 mtrs cat6 cable instead of wifi. now im beginning to understand why people ard abuzz with android players.  observation ko lang when watching via streaming yung last 20 minutes ng movie bigla na sya bumibili at nag stutter. need ko mag pause for a few minutes para ma play ulit ng maayos.

SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Dec 08, 2016 at 01:37 AM »
been able to test this Wetek Hub. but not yet in full, as I need to acquire myself a HDMI ver2.0a cables.

despite the above, I would already highly recommend this. and it's cheaper among other known China NMTs.  you can get yourself buying either new HDMI cables and an extra 1TB or 2TB HDD (or whichever you like) on your savings.. =))

using it's pre-installed Kodi (Wetek-configured), tested among movies with:
- file containers: MKV, AVI, MP4, BD ISO, TS, MTS, M2TS
- video codecs: AVC, HEVC, XVID, DIVX
- audio codecs: AAC, AC3, MP3, DD, DD Plus, TrueHD, ATMOS, DTS,DTS-HD MA, DTS:X
- resolutions: 720p, 1080p, 2K & 4K

I'm really glad there is most significant improvement on PQ and colors with this Wetek Hub -- compared to watching the same movies tested with the Sony 4K HDR TV via it's own KODI/SPMC that I installed.

I've not tested this on music nor file streaming, though.  because I'm more on collecting audio-visual entertainment saved on HDD's.. =))

do audition this promising NMT.  bring your own materials for you to see how it'll perform with your own's practical usage at home.  it's immaterial and non-bearing using test clips and demo movies/files as they're not a wise decision factor in choosing an NMT for you.

Offline chidori009

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #114 on: Dec 12, 2016 at 11:42 PM »
Just Got Wetek Hub last Saturday and I'm loving it! Thanks ehome(Marvin), good customer service and showroom.  ;D ;) O0
PS3 80GB CECHE06(PHAT)
Dell XPS M1530
LG 32LH35

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #115 on: Dec 12, 2016 at 11:57 PM »
Just Got Wetek Hub last Saturday and I'm loving it! Thanks ehome(Marvin), good customer service and showroom.  ;D ;) O0
congrats chief. ;)

Offline ehome

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Dec 13, 2016 at 10:15 AM »
Thank you too! ;D

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Dec 15, 2016 at 05:24 PM »
just wanted to share the latest 4K film I've watched with this Wetek Hub little fella...

True Memoirs of an International Assassin -- a Netflix original film.  it's very funny =))

Offline jao143

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Going back to a more simple set-up ;(
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #118 on: Dec 22, 2016 at 11:38 AM »
Nice review bro Martin :) how would you compare video/picture quality compared to PCH like a400? Another consideration aside from video quality is compatability with Probox 4bay HDD
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline ehome

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Dec 22, 2016 at 01:28 PM »
Nice review bro Martin :) how would you compare video/picture quality compared to PCH like a400? Another consideration aside from video quality is compatability with Probox 4bay HDD

I can't answer the first question. 2nd question (re Probox 4 bay), it's currently not working but this has been raised in the wetek forums and I think they're working on a fix.