Author Topic: Denon AVR-X550BT Speaker Calibration.  (Read 180 times)

Offline shoestrings.v2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • My previous account was Shoestrings. Thanks
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Denon AVR-X550BT Speaker Calibration.
« on: Jan 17, 2024 at 11:46 PM »
I bought a 2nd hand Denon AVR-X550BT Speaker unfortunately it didn't came with calibration mic. Since meron pa naman akong Denon Audyssey DM-A409 calibration mic from a previous receiver. Kala ko it will just work. I tried doing the speaker calibration last week unfortunately di na de-detect ang speakers when performing a calibration. Since hindi pala Audyssey yung Denon AVR-X550BT so di pala talaga pwede mag work Audyssey mic ko.
Anyone can help me source this calibration mic for my reciever? Or if meron kayo maybe I can buy or borrow it just for the weekend?

Offline shoestrings.v2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • My previous account was Shoestrings. Thanks
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Denon AVR-X550BT Speaker Calibration.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2024 at 04:10 AM »
Not sure what happened but after playing around with REW(room equalizer wizard) with my audio interface using ASIO drivers with the Audyssey DM-A409 calibration mic. I was able to confirm that the mic was 100% working. I connected it again to my Denon AVR-X550BT receiver and ran another setup. Lo and behold the mic was able to finish the speaker calibration without any issues.
So far after the calibration I measured the speaker distances and everything seems that the values seems to closely match up.
Not really sure what happened, but I've been trying this for days but it was not working at all.  Now the Audyssey DM-A409 mice is now working.

Offline RastaSega

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: Denon AVR-X550BT Speaker Calibration.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2024 at 06:15 PM »
it might just be a corrosion issue sa 3.5mm jack. You plug / unplug it a number of times, nalinis yung contact points