Author Topic: Monitor Audio Speakers  (Read 470496 times)

Offline beginner

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Monitor Audio Speakers
« Reply #3360 on: May 12, 2011 at 01:26 AM »
i just listened to the rx2 a while ago and you are right master stagea, parang there is something missing when its paired with the onkyo pair, although the detail and wide soundstage are still very noticeable. hmm.. i wonder how it will sound to me if paired with the nad, marantz or the cambridge integrated amps.

The RX2, when paired with the Onkyos at Marc's, lacked the body and lustre in the mid and high freqs. The BX2 surprisingly paired well with the Onkyos though.

The best I have heard the RX2 with was with a yamaha receiver. I have also heard it pairs well with Marantz gears... and of course with Roksan.

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 606
« Reply #3361 on: May 12, 2011 at 08:44 AM »
i just listened to the rx2 a while ago and you are right master stagea, parang there is something missing when its paired with the onkyo pair, although the detail and wide soundstage are still very noticeable. hmm.. i wonder how it will sound to me if paired with the nad, marantz or the cambridge integrated amps.

I have not tried them with NAD gear, but I have a feeling that the bass might slightly bloat with that combination. Aside from the usual suspects (Yamaha and Roksan), they also sound great with Master Luther's Marantz and Emotiva toys, and supposedly also work well with CA gear (as per Jason of Audioworld).

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #3362 on: May 12, 2011 at 11:12 AM »
Glad you liked it master. As always thru your gracious guidance nagkaroon ako ng idea, any neutral to reavealing amp and source will work best for the rx2. I also agree with the Yammy & Roksan pairing.

Offline romymartinez

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3363 on: May 12, 2011 at 11:47 AM »
Just wondering if the GX line is already locally available?

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #3364 on: May 12, 2011 at 01:11 PM »
Just wondering if the GX line is already locally available?

When I inquired sa audioworld sa June pa daw irerelease dito...

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #3365 on: May 12, 2011 at 04:12 PM »
Glad you liked it master. As always thru your gracious guidance nagkaroon ako ng idea, any neutral to reavealing amp and source will work best for the rx2. I also agree with the Yammy & Roksan pairing.

Nyek, nakikirinig lang nga ako ng mga heavenly setups mo Master. So far, yung huling narinig ko ang pinaka-nagustohan ko. Kowtow kami lahat diyan.

Offline efrenatstpaul

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3366 on: May 17, 2011 at 08:36 PM »
Got my MA BX2 for 14800 pesos! Hehehe..Ganda!

Offline Digities

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3367 on: May 18, 2011 at 01:09 AM »
Got my MA BX2 for 14800 pesos! Hehehe..Ganda!

congrats !

Offline Tavus

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3368 on: May 18, 2011 at 03:16 PM »
will a bx5 run well with a harman kardon 160?

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3369 on: May 18, 2011 at 06:30 PM »
will a bx5 run well with a harman kardon 160?

We have the bx2 and bx centre in the shop for you to check out. :)

Offline Clinton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3370 on: May 20, 2011 at 02:13 PM »
Anybody tried pairing the MA RX6 with an onkyo 609 or 709?

Offline ASuL

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3371 on: May 20, 2011 at 09:13 PM »
would the bx2 be a good match to generally bright pioneer vsx 920?

Offline dede

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3372 on: May 30, 2011 at 08:01 AM »
i am scouting for an audio setup... my eyes on BX2 and RX2 paired with Yaqin Tube MC10-T. Would appreciate any comments on this. Any idea for the prices of BX2, RX2 and RX6?

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #3373 on: May 30, 2011 at 09:49 AM »
would the bx2 be a good match to generally bright pioneer vsx 920?

I think the 920 has enough processing to tame the highs, in case it does get overly bright. Some of the character would still show through, however.

i am scouting for an audio setup... my eyes on BX2 and RX2 paired with Yaqin Tube MC10-T. Would appreciate any comments on this. Any idea for the prices of BX2, RX2 and RX6?

The RX2 doesn't seem to be a natural match for budget tube amplifiers. Marc may be able to let you demo this combination. Do try both 4 and 8 ohm taps, to see which one works better. You can demo the other speakers in there too, in case you're set on getting the Yaqin.

Offline dede

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3374 on: May 30, 2011 at 12:24 PM »
The RX2 doesn't seem to be a natural match for budget tube amplifiers. Marc may be able to let you demo this combination. Do try both 4 and 8 ohm taps, to see which one works better. You can demo the other speakers in there too, in case you're set on getting the Yaqin.

I am very new to this...

What do you mean when you say "natural match"? What will I get if I pair them? I actually dont have the amp yet... so still open for suggestions. I am into mostly jazz.

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3375 on: May 30, 2011 at 12:36 PM »

Come by the shop to try them out. Will give you great deals on them. :)

Offline vectormaniac

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3376 on: Jun 10, 2011 at 10:59 PM »
hi guys, tanong ko lang kung kayang idrive ng t-amp yung bx2. any experience with this combination?

thanks ü

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #3377 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 04:17 AM »
That would depend on which t-amp, and your actual use.

Offline vectormaniac

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3378 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 09:49 AM »
That would depend on which t-amp, and your actual use.

panu sir kung ta2020 or ta2024 based t-amp?

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #3379 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 11:57 AM »
panu sir kung ta2020 or ta2024 based t-amp?

Moderate-volume listening with simpler materials, pwede in most cases. Magiging kasinglakas siya ng typical PC speakers before distorting.

On the other hand, if you want a flexible system with sufficient dynamic headroom, then look for a stronger amp. Pakinggan mo rin with different amps, para makasiguro ka.

Offline karzai

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3380 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 03:07 PM »
Master Stagea,
I have a problem, which I believe you are one of the right persons who can help me.

I have a pair of RX6 which is powered by Marantz SR 7002. They are bi-amped.

However, I am not completely satisfied with the sound I'm getting from this setup.

I don't know if any of the following has something to do with my problem.

1. Room dimension: 4m x 4m x 3m
2. Equalizer: default (flat) - I don't want to change anything because I believe that if the amp and the speakers are good, they must be able to reproduce any sound what the sound engineer wanted to be reproduced without coloration from equalizers.
3. Speaker location: 6" from back wall, 2' from side wall, 6' apart from each other. Driver tension was already adjusted. Speaker distance configuration in amplifier was set to Large.
4. Connection Setting: bi-amplified using Monster Surround THX-certified cable, 16 AWG (max cable length 2.5 meters)
5. Floor of the room: Glazed tiles
6. Wall of the room: Painted plaster
7. Ceiling of the Room: Painted Gypsum false ceiling.
8. Speaker toe-in: about 5 degrees towards up.
9. Audio Formats sampled: Wave (16 bit 41 khz), FLAC

If any of the above affects correct sound reproduction in any way, please tell me so that I may rectify it.
Thank you
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2011 at 03:10 PM by karzai »

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 814
« Reply #3381 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 06:15 PM »
Master Stagea,
I have a problem, which I believe you are one of the right persons who can help me.

However, I am not completely satisfied with the sound I'm getting from this setup.

2. Equalizer: default (flat) - I don't want to change anything because I believe that if the amp and the speakers are good, they must be able to reproduce any sound what the sound engineer wanted to be reproduced without coloration from equalizers.
3. Speaker location: 6" from back wall, 2' from side wall, 6' apart from each other. Driver tension was already adjusted. Speaker distance configuration in amplifier was set to Large.
4. Connection Setting: bi-amplified using Monster Surround THX-certified cable, 16 AWG (max cable length 2.5 meters)

If any of the above affects correct sound reproduction in any way, please tell me so that I may rectify it.
Thank you

Using an AV Receiver for audio duties may be the problem. A decent integrated amp would easily outperform an AV Receiver when listening to music.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline karzai

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3382 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 07:32 PM »
I see. Can you recommend a particular brand for an integrated amp and how do I set it up with my existing system?

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 814
« Reply #3383 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 09:02 PM »
I see. Can you recommend a particular brand for an integrated amp and how do I set it up with my existing system?

You would have to audition this with your speakers but my first choice would be NAD C326BEE. There are other choices as well like Marantz PM 5004, Cambridge and Rotel also have good integrated amps but may sound bright paired with your speakers. As for your set-up, what is it right now? Are your speakers part of a 5.1 or 7.1 system? What is your audio source?
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #3384 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 11:26 PM »
magkano ba rx6 shipped to kuwait?

Hi sir Kanzai,Nice choice of speakers. I'm also in Kuwait..

Master Stagea,

4. Connection Setting: bi-amplified using Monster Surround THX-certified cable, 16 AWG (max cable length 2.5 meters

Thank you

Have you tried other speaker speaker cable other than monster? I used before their 12 AWG which I got mashy top end. If you're still in Kuwait take a visit toPanasonic in Salmiya  they have CHORD cable which you can get by meter also.
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3385 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 11:32 PM »

if you don't intend to have have separate system for audio, you can add External Power Amp to take the fronts and AVR will power the rest when you complete the HT setup.

Brands available in Q8 are; Sunfire, Anthem (both by Panasonic) & Carver (old model but still in good condition, but price still high despite it's age  ::)  :( ).
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2011 at 11:38 PM by audiojunkie »
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #3386 on: Jun 12, 2011 at 03:34 AM »

What is your main issue with the sound? It's hard to tell without actually hearing the system, but a description of the problem will help us tremendously.

To throw some depth in the presentation, I suggest pulling the speakers away from the wall (2' away or more). You didn't indicate your listening position, but it should again be away from walls (ideally).

Your room's boundaries (floor, walls and ceiling) also seem a bit lively (especially if you don't have anything on them), which might smear the mids and highs a bit. On top of that, interaction with your square room may make the sound a bit boomy (something that I also contend with).

As for the Equalizer, EQing isn't necessarily bad. It can actually help remedy issues in a less than perfect installation or component match. Your AVR has 1-octave graphic EQ bands covering most of the audible range. This should be simple enough to be tunable by ear, if you know what you're looking for.

Lastly, what player are you using for those WAV and FLAC files? How is it hooked up?
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2011 at 03:36 AM by Stagea »

Offline karzai

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3387 on: Jun 12, 2011 at 09:31 PM »
You would have to audition this with your speakers but my first choice would be NAD C326BEE. There are other choices as well like Marantz PM 5004, Cambridge and Rotel also have good integrated amps but may sound bright paired with your speakers. As for your set-up, what is it right now? Are your speakers part of a 5.1 or 7.1 system? What is your audio source?

I don't think there is NAD or Rotel here in Kuwait. I am planning a 5.1 System but as of now I still have the stereo. I don't think they have NAD or Rotel here in Kuwait. Marantz, which is carried only by Eureka seems to have cd players and amplifiers only.

My audio sources are cds, blurays, and some high resolution FLAC files and bluray ripped movies (about 5 GB size each)

Honestly, I do not really know what's the principle behind integrated amps. I think i need some education on this area.
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2011 at 09:40 PM by karzai »

Offline karzai

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3388 on: Jun 12, 2011 at 09:36 PM »
Hi sir Kanzai,Nice choice of speakers. I'm also in Kuwait..

Have you tried other speaker speaker cable other than monster? I used before their 12 AWG which I got mashy top end. If you're still in Kuwait take a visit toPanasonic in Salmiya  they have CHORD cable which you can get by meter also.

Hi audiojunkie. Glad to know there's someone else here in Kuwait who also has the same interests. Anyway, I'm not really familiar with Salmiya area because I'm staying in Fahaheel. How do I get there? If I rode bus 999, can it take me there?

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3389 on: Jun 12, 2011 at 09:59 PM »
Hi audiojunkie. Glad to know there's someone else here in Kuwait who also has the same interests. Anyway, I'm not really familiar with Salmiya area because I'm staying in Fahaheel. How do I get there? If I rode bus 999, can it take me there?

Hi Karzai, Also glad to know another Pdvd member in Kuwait. We are now 4 aside from me Audiobackyard & Defcon3 both staying Salwa and I'm in Old Khaitan. I already been to their place several times, you can check their system in the gallery. There are more into this hobby but not members of this site. 

Salmiya is quite far from your location and also not familiar w/ bus route. I only know from my place & Kwt City. Try to call this No. 25719499  & enquire if they have branch in Fahaheel. sorry for the O.T. MOD..  :)

To be on topic, how did you get you MA to Kuwait? I check online & found the dealer but seems they don't have showroom. Is it by order only? Thanks!    :)
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest