Author Topic: Monitor Audio Speakers  (Read 470551 times)

Offline beginner

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Monitor Audio Speakers
« Reply #3450 on: Aug 17, 2011 at 04:15 PM »
@Master Patrick
Yeah that route looks really expensive. Buti pa kayo Master Patrick, nasa inyo na ang gears na pinapangarap ko.  :) San ba tumatambay si Master Daku para makapaglimos nga

@Idol Raz,
Kahit subjective to, pareho naman taste natin------------ Chinita girls!  ;D

Sige idol, pag-usapan natin mamaya yang pag-aaudition ng mga "uffgreyds".  ;)

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 814
« Reply #3451 on: Aug 17, 2011 at 04:25 PM »
I just got back from a listening session of Monitor Audio S1, the older series which is replaced by the newer RX line. Matched with NAD C275BEE amplifier, the sound was just gorgeous. Sweet sounding midrange and adequately detailed highs. Big sound coming from a small cabinet was able to sound better than Klipsch RB 61 II and also PSB B6. Of course the price also sets it in a different league. Can't wait to hear the newer RX speakers!
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2011 at 04:27 PM by Conan »
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Online Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 606
« Reply #3452 on: Aug 17, 2011 at 04:32 PM »
I just got back from a listening session of Monitor Audio S1, the older series which is replaced by the newer RX line. Matched with NAD C275BEE amplifier, the sound was just gorgeous. Sweet sounding midrange and adequately detailed highs. Big sound coming from a small cabinet was able to sound better than Klipsch RB 61 II and also PSB B6. Of course the price also sets it in a different league. Can't wait to hear the newer RX speakers!

Check out the RX2 bro. I'm just not sure how well it'd pair with your gear. Bring your stuff with you. ;)

Offline musika

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Absolute sounds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3453 on: Aug 17, 2011 at 05:00 PM »

Its a different story, iba talaga pag fully break-in na yung speakers, well matched with nad.

Cheers,

Offline mikeer2002ph

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • What have you done today to make you feel PROUD?
  • Liked:
« Reply #3454 on: Aug 25, 2011 at 07:43 PM »
Its a different story, iba talaga pag fully break-in na yung speakers, well matched with nad.

Cheers,

Nad is a 'bright' amp .. I can relate since the MA B1 sounded a bit 'ngongo' with the harman/kardon, but is perfect sounding with the Marantz.
Gay Stereophile
Kann HugoTT GSXMk2 LCDMX4 Elear EtherFlow MDRZ7
DACMagicPlus CA650A RB1582 LSi9 Aon3

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3455 on: Aug 25, 2011 at 08:25 PM »
Nad is a 'bright' amp .. I can relate since the MA B1 sounded a bit 'ngongo' with the harman/kardon, but is perfect sounding with the Marantz.

Rotel is a lot brighter than NAD, which I consider to be in between dark and bright. I listened to the Monitor Audio BX2 with a Rotel RA-04 and the sound was screechingly bright. When it was paired with a NAD C326BEE the sound was just right, warm with detailed highs.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Arulco

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 693
« Reply #3456 on: Aug 26, 2011 at 09:53 PM »
...the sound was just right, warm with detailed highs.

I concur. That is exactly how I would describe my NAD C325BEE & MA BR2 combo.
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2011 at 09:59 PM by °BSΩLE†e »

Offline musika

• Collector
  • Absolute sounds
  • Liked:
« Reply #3457 on: Aug 27, 2011 at 12:49 PM »
Rotel is a lot brighter than NAD, which I consider to be in between dark and bright. I listened to the Monitor Audio BX2 with a Rotel RA-04 and the sound was screechingly bright. When it was paired with a NAD C326BEE the sound was just right, warm with detailed highs.

+100 ;)

Offline musika

• Collector
  • Absolute sounds
  • Liked:
« Reply #3458 on: Aug 27, 2011 at 12:50 PM »
I concur. That is exactly how I would describe my NAD C325BEE & MA BR2 combo.

Yes indeed!  ;D

Offline karzai

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3459 on: Aug 27, 2011 at 01:51 PM »
I have the RX6AV-12 (except the Subwoofer, which is replaced by Hsu Research VTF3-MK4) system that is powered by Marantz SR-7002 (a rather old model amplifier) and they sound amazing. The sound at the opening of Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen in a lossless DTSHD-MA audio gives an eerily spine-tingling realism that makes you think the speakers have disappeared altogether. It is so convincingly real that no words can describe. Honestly, I do not know what to expect if the room correction and acoustic treatment have been applied since I am still struggling at the moment with the resonance and standing bass problems in my small room.

Offline musika

• Collector
  • Absolute sounds
  • Liked:
« Reply #3460 on: Aug 31, 2011 at 01:20 PM »
I have the RX6AV-12 (except the Subwoofer, which is replaced by Hsu Research VTF3-MK4) system that is powered by Marantz SR-7002 (a rather old model amplifier) and they sound amazing. The sound at the opening of Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen in a lossless DTSHD-MA audio gives an eerily spine-tingling realism that makes you think the speakers have disappeared altogether. It is so convincingly real that no words can describe. Honestly, I do not know what to expect if the room correction and acoustic treatment have been applied since I am still struggling at the moment with the resonance and standing bass problems in my small room.

Good for you chief!

Happy listening

Offline karzai

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3461 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 06:18 PM »
Thanks. I can say that Marantz SR-7002 and Monitor Audio do make a great pair. But then wag mo lang masyado lakasan kasi parang mararamdaman mo yung strain sa Marantz. Although tests revealed that the SR-7002 has a lot more power than what Marantz advertise, pag tinodo mo parang kinokontrol niya.

Offline pert

• Collector
  • Great Danes!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3462 on: Sep 02, 2011 at 03:56 PM »
Are the silver series still made in england? ???

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #3463 on: Sep 02, 2011 at 05:27 PM »
Even the Platinum series are made in China now.

Offline karzai

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3464 on: Sep 04, 2011 at 01:51 AM »
Are the silver series still made in england? ???

No. They are all made in China.

Well, it's probably just psychological, thinking that anything made in China is nothing but quality, I say, there is not really that much difference between the RS6, which was made in England, and the RX6 that are made in China. Afterall, it is still the quality of the sound that matters. And to me, it transcends any localities where the speakers were made.

If the RX6 were made in England, it probably would have cost a little more about twice than how much one would have paid if it were made in China. And thankfully, it is. For once, I was glad that these speakers were made in China and it gave me the chance to be able to afford them.
« Last Edit: Sep 04, 2011 at 01:53 AM by karzai »

Offline edwin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • My day is not complete without music
  • Liked:
« Reply #3465 on: Sep 04, 2011 at 08:46 AM »
Top priorities are the drivers. Hopefully those drivers are not made there and only the assembly is. You just need to worry then are the last details they might overlooked or ika nga sa parati kong naririnig sa mga china workers dito, pwede na yan! ;D

I had seen a few speakera made in china, when i had opened up for crossover mod, how cheaply it was made. Good news, Monitor Audio is not one of them. :)
LaptopWin19,AO,Fidelizer
Hermes
Pontus 2
Mapletree
Van Alstein
DeCapo BE
Spacedeck
Hana SL
Vetere

Offline pert

• Collector
  • Great Danes!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3466 on: Sep 04, 2011 at 08:50 AM »
No. They are all made in China.

Well, it's probably just psychological, thinking that anything made in China is nothing but quality, I say, there is not really that much difference between the RS6, which was made in England, and the RX6 that are made in China. Afterall, it is still the quality of the sound that matters. And to me, it transcends any localities where the speakers were made.

If the RX6 were made in England, it probably would have cost a little more about twice than how much one would have paid if it were made in China. And thankfully, it is. For once, I was glad that these speakers were made in China and it gave me the chance to be able to afford them.

Totally agree with you. What bothers me is that MA does not indicate where these were made. Even some people in Audio World made me believe that the silver line series are still manufactured in England. The BX series are made in malaysia as indicated at the rear portion of the speakers. My friend and I went to audition it at audio world and bought home these award winning speakers even though made in malaysia. Perhaps MA has to be more transparent in labeling where they manufacture their products, nothing to be worried or ashamed about even if it is made in China or better yet in the Philippines???!!! lol ;D

Offline karzai

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3467 on: Sep 05, 2011 at 03:20 AM »
Totally agree with you. What bothers me is that MA does not indicate where these were made. Even some people in Audio World made me believe that the silver line series are still manufactured in England. The BX series are made in malaysia as indicated at the rear portion of the speakers. My friend and I went to audition it at audio world and bought home these award winning speakers even though made in malaysia. Perhaps MA has to be more transparent in labeling where they manufacture their products, nothing to be worried or ashamed about even if it is made in China or better yet in the Philippines???!!! lol ;D

Actually, nilalagay nila. Dun sa likod. Sa RX6, sa taas ng binding posts, which are very easy to overlook. Siguro they strategically placed it there so that it is least likely to be found. Kahit sa box meron ding nakalagay na made in China.

Nung pag open ko ng box parang napansin ko na parang peke yung mga speakers. Ibang iba kasi yung gloss ng Rosenut na England na RS6 e. Ang alam ko kasi, made in England pa sila. Nung makita kong "made in China" parang nabuhusan ako ng malamig na tubig. Nung kinakabit ko yung mga wires parang natutulala ako. Pero nung tumunog na yung RX6, napawi lahat ang lumbay ko. Tama nga, the most important are the drivers.

Kahit yung Hsu Research made in China na rin. Pero nilalagay nila Designed in the USA. Isang speaker na lang yata ang mabibili mo na di made in China e. Yung SVS subwoofers. But we don't know when they are going to decide to transfer their production overseas.

Online Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #3468 on: Sep 05, 2011 at 06:25 AM »
Kahit yung Hsu Research made in China na rin. Pero nilalagay nila Designed in the USA. Isang speaker na lang yata ang mabibili mo na di made in China e. Yung SVS subwoofers. But we don't know when they are going to decide to transfer their production overseas.

The subs are assembled in the US, with the amp (Bash/Sledge) and enclosure (Sound Art) coming from China, cmiiw. The old models had drivers from TC Sounds, but I'm not sure where they source the new ones (I don't think they still do business with TC). The S-series speakers are made in China, afaik.

Marami pa din namang hindi made in China, but you oftentimes have to pay a premium for it. I think may ongoing China thread na about things made there. I personally don't have an issue kung Made in China. Depende na din siguro sa company and their partners, kung papano ang magiging transition nila to a different location. The company I work with moved their production from Japan and the US to Vietnam and China, without any noticeable change in defect/failure rates (to think mas complex na yung products namin these days). Kailangan lang talaga ng masinsinang process engineering, at siyempre checks/controls dun sa production facilities. The less possibility of human error you leave out for each step, the better (boring lang siguro for the assembly line worker). Aside from costing less in terms of labor, it also made sense sa supply chain side, since most of the parts suppliers are moving their production there. The cost savings allowed us to stay afloat despite the bad economy and falling retail prices.
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2011 at 10:34 AM by Stagea »

Offline crazyhog

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3469 on: Sep 05, 2011 at 01:02 PM »
is an entry level ONKYO reciever a good match for MA BX2. anyone here tried it? TIA

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3470 on: Sep 05, 2011 at 02:05 PM »

Actually the sourcing out in China began with the RS series but I agree it really doesn't matter where it was assembled as long as the parts esp. the driver is coming from UK. As master Stagea said nasa design and QC pa din yan, kung papayagan nila mag-tunog pirated ang MA.
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2011 at 02:54 PM by dts-HD 3D »

Offline musika

• Collector
  • Absolute sounds
  • Liked:
« Reply #3471 on: Sep 05, 2011 at 09:27 PM »
if budget permits try to get the next model of onkyo to bring out the best of it lalo na sa music, but the entry level can play this babies. just me

Offline karzai

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3472 on: Sep 06, 2011 at 12:48 AM »
Actually the sourcing out in China began with the RS series but I agree it really doesn't matter where it was assembled as long as the parts esp. the driver is coming from UK. As master Stagea said nasa design and QC pa din yan, kung papayagan nila mag-tunog pirated ang MA.

I see. That means I got the older stocks when I bought the RS. Hmmm. It seems they have become a collector's item.

Anything not made in china is fast becoming a collector's item.

@ stagea,

Are your products mainly about speakers? What's the nature of your business? My curiosity is piqued.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #3473 on: Sep 06, 2011 at 02:18 AM »
I see. That means I got the older stocks when I bought the RS. Hmmm. It seems they have become a collector's item.

Anything not made in china is fast becoming a collector's item.

@ stagea,

Are your products mainly about speakers? What's the nature of your business? My curiosity is piqued.

Sir, I don't think StageA is into selling or manufacturing speakers. He is more of a speaker collector. Mainly high-end ones. In fact he built a dedicated house to use as his stock room.

Online Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #3474 on: Sep 06, 2011 at 06:26 AM »
@ stagea,

Nope, I work with a company that builds mostly business machines. I think that manufacturing/assembly work for other items would be more or less analogous though.

Sir, I don't think StageA is into selling or manufacturing speakers. He is more of a speaker collector. Mainly high-end ones. In fact he built a dedicated house to use as his stock room.

Lokoloko ka Master Gerard. Ikaw lang ang ganyan kayaman.

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3475 on: Sep 06, 2011 at 09:09 AM »

Ha-ha!  :D
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3476 on: Sep 06, 2011 at 05:29 PM »

:D idollll!!!!

Ayus yan and if you can find anything in the box, manual or speaker itself that says it is indeed made in UK then congrats! You just found a platinum in your Silvers ;D

Offline Signal2Noise

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Triode Junkie...It's MUSIC not HIFI!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3477 on: Sep 08, 2011 at 12:16 AM »
MA - GR (Gold Reference) and S (silver) - Made in England

Platinum, GX, GS, RX, RS, BR are all Made in China (except BX - assembled in Malaysia) , but designed and engineered in the UK.

MA's tweeters for platinum series are Made in Malaysia but the final assembly is done in MA's factory in China, with QC supervised and inspected by Monitor Audio's own staff.

Source: excerpt from Stereophile Magazine April 2010 / Interview with Dean Hartley - Head Designer - Monitor Audio

« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2011 at 12:32 AM by Signal2Noise »
VPI
Musical Surroundings
Harbeth
Sonusfaber
Garrard
Exposure
NAD
Amadeus SR#1 KT88
Maestro SET 845

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3478 on: Sep 12, 2011 at 03:07 PM »
the monitor audio bx2 is available again for audition. :)

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 210
« Reply #3479 on: Sep 12, 2011 at 07:27 PM »
Marc;

Can you please PM me cash prices for the RX2, RXFX, RX Center, BX2, BXFX, & BX Center?  How's the MA synergy with higher-end Yamaha AVR's?

Thanks.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL