Author Topic: Monitor Audio Speakers  (Read 473620 times)

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 608
Re: Monitor Audio Speakers
« Reply #2910 on: Feb 22, 2010 at 10:13 AM »
I strongly agree. Very clean sounding indeed. So when do we get these babies master?  ;D

Idol, bilhin mo na... wala nang isip isip pa. Diba andun naman ang hinahanap mo na lukso ng dugong bughaw mo.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #2911 on: Mar 17, 2010 at 11:52 AM »
was able to auditon the RX 1 and the RX2 yesterday at Audioworld and all I can sya is that Im eating my own words abiout it. I thought they are inferior compared to the RS series considering some reviews I was able to read but I was totally wrong. The RX2 is one of the best sounding I heard for a BS type.Very detailed, relaxing and not ear fatiguing. If only I have the money.

And by the way, was able to get an RSLCR yesterday. Thanks to mam che and sir jayson for being so accomodating.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline audioworld

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Puresound As Close As It Gets
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2912 on: Mar 17, 2010 at 12:07 PM »
was able to auditon the RX 1 and the RX2 yesterday at Audioworld and all I can sya is that Im eating my own words abiout it. I thought they are inferior compared to the RS series considering some reviews I was able to read but I was totally wrong. The RX2 is one of the best sounding I heard for a BS type.Very detailed, relaxing and not ear fatiguing. If only I have the money.

And by the way, was able to get an RSLCR yesterday. Thanks to mam che and sir jayson for being so accomodating.

Good day!

Thank you and Happy Listening.

Cheers,

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2913 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 02:35 AM »
its been four days since i got the MSLCR from Audioworld. I must admit that of all the speaker set I have used, this is the best sounding. It s worth all the penny i piad and all the sleepless nights i spent just complete the set up.

Its details with a capital D and clarity wiht a capital C, at least in my own opinion

Offline beginner

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2914 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 03:14 AM »

The first time I heard how the RX2 sounds, I fell in love with it. So now I'm saving up every which way I can to get my hands on these speakers. Nagbabaon na lang ako sa opis. Hehe!

Offline vaportrail

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2915 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 03:46 PM »
kursunada ko din yang rx2!

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2916 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 06:54 PM »
its been four days since i got the MSLCR from Audioworld. I must admit that of all the speaker set I have used, this is the best sounding. It s worth all the penny i piad and all the sleepless nights i spent just complete the set up.

Its details with a capital D and clarity wiht a capital C, at least in my own opinion

completed simplifying my HT set up. Gone were the Pi s that i use as front wide speaker. Its now an all MA set up and i have not regretted giving up my audio set up just to get the MAs.

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 50
« Reply #2917 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 08:24 PM »
completed simplifying my HT set up. Gone were the Pi s that i use as front wide speaker. Its now an all MA set up and i have not regretted giving up my audio set up just to get the MAs.

huwaw ok sa alright!  san ka nakakuha ng rears na MA?
˙ ˙ ˙ ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #2918 on: Mar 23, 2010 at 01:14 AM »
New Monitor Audio showroom in Makati:

Silver RX1,  RX Centre,  RXW-12,  RX8 & RX6 (far right)

Silver RX8 & RX6

Bronze Reference 2 & BR5

. . . located at SGT's Home Theater:
Ground Floor of Prince Tower, Tordesillas corner Bautista, Salcedo Village, Makati City
Tel. No.: 813-8443

or head on to http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=3164.0

*w/ permission from Butch to post pics . . . sorry for the quality, phone cam lang po.
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2010 at 01:22 AM by dts-HD 3D »

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2919 on: Mar 24, 2010 at 03:32 PM »
New Monitor Audio showroom in Makati:

Silver RX1,  RX Centre,  RXW-12,  RX8 & RX6 (far right)

Silver RX8 & RX6

Bronze Reference 2 & BR5

. . . located at SGT's Home Theater:
Ground Floor of Prince Tower, Tordesillas corner Bautista, Salcedo Village, Makati City
Tel. No.: 813-8443

or head on to http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=3164.0

*w/ permission from Butch to post pics . . . sorry for the quality, phone cam lang po.

thanks for posting Luther... ma pasyalan nga. Sa wakas meron na rin sa makati :)

Offline gutierrez

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llamas!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2920 on: Mar 25, 2010 at 05:15 AM »
magkano kaya rx2

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #2921 on: Mar 25, 2010 at 05:24 AM »
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2922 on: Mar 25, 2010 at 07:13 AM »

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2923 on: Mar 25, 2010 at 08:47 AM »
wow! congrats ulit kay luther ;)

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2924 on: Mar 25, 2010 at 11:25 AM »
thanks for posting Luther... ma pasyalan nga. Sa wakas meron na rin sa makati :)

You're welcome arman . . . yep, mas malapit sa atin. Punta tayo abangan natin yung shootout  ;D

39K srp
wow! congrats ulit kay luther ;)

Thanks, meron discount basta kasama nyo si bro Tirso  ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2010 at 11:30 AM by dts-HD 3D »

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #2925 on: Mar 27, 2010 at 12:32 AM »
39K srp

so mga 31.2k with the usual 20% discount ng mga shops to get your interest?

konting haggle, baka pwede pang bumaba ng 30k to 31k flat.  tama po ba? or I'm probably just dreaming.  ;D

Offline beginner

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2926 on: Mar 27, 2010 at 01:12 AM »

konting haggle, baka pwede pang bumaba ng 30k to 31k flat.  tama po ba? or I'm probably just dreaming.  ;D

Inquired at Audioworld Banawe and they can give it as low as 31k at 20% discount (pag cash basis).

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 608
« Reply #2927 on: Mar 27, 2010 at 04:18 AM »
Go na master Beginner!!! Time for that RX2!

It's a great speaker at any price point. I can't say the same for many other speakers in the same price range.

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2928 on: Mar 27, 2010 at 04:23 AM »
Inquired at Audioworld Banawe and they can give it as low as 31k at 20% discount (pag cash basis).

most of the time same lang cash and card discounted prices, may libre pang iced tea sa tramway ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2010 at 04:24 AM by JohnE. »

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2929 on: Mar 27, 2010 at 02:33 PM »

correct, around that price range nga.

Pero one should hear first to learn the true value of these speakers. I'm not blessed w/ a deep pocket but for its clarity, clinical & dynamic qualities I would say its a 'value for the money' speakers. I have heard few expensive, audiophile bookshelves some paired w/ tube amp and they sounded really good even at the lowest volume.
But given the price-perf. ratio of the RX2, it will definitely not fall behind. Its so easy to drive I'm just using a mid-level AVR w/ it(Onkyo 705) pero kaya nya ng palabasin mga maliit na detalye.
Well of course . . . if its crap, its crap but I swear all my favorite tracks were transformed by these 'sweet-sounding but detailed' speakers. The Silver quality is still there but much more improved . . . as Jason of audioworld said RXs are RSs w/ hi-frequencies edges refined. I agree its not as fatiguing when listening at loud volumes but could be very detailed at low as well.

just my 2 mameras po  :)

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2930 on: Mar 27, 2010 at 03:00 PM »
correct, around that price range nga.

Pero one should hear first to learn the true value of these speakers. I'm not blessed w/ a deep pocket but for its clarity, clinical & dynamic qualities I would say its a 'value for the money' speakers. I have heard few expensive, audiophile bookshelves some paired w/ tube amp and they sounded really good even at the lowest volume.
But given the price-perf. ratio of the RX2, it will definitely not fall behind. Its so easy to drive I'm just using a mid-level AVR w/ it(Onkyo 705) pero kaya nya ng palabasin mga maliit na detalye.
Well of course . . . if its crap, its crap but I swear all my favorite tracks were transformed by these 'sweet-sounding but detailed' speakers. The Silver quality is still there but much more improved . . . as Jason of audioworld said RXs are RSs w/ hi-frequencies edges refined. I agree its not as fatiguing when listening at loud volumes but could be very detailed at low as well.

just my 2 mameras po  :)

+100000

pwede ng mag apply sa cnet ;)

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2931 on: Mar 27, 2010 at 03:46 PM »
hahaha tag-lish version ng cnet noh? . . . Share lang natin sa mga interested at MA fans shameless plugging na din . . . thanks to Audioworld & Home Theater! 25% din po sana pag balik ko ehehehe kapal ko.  :D

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #2932 on: Mar 27, 2010 at 05:59 PM »

wow mukhang interesado kayo bossing. thanks for the info btw!  ;D

hahaha tag-lish version ng cnet noh? . . . Share lang natin sa mga interested at MA fans shameless plugging na din . . . thanks to Audioworld & Home Theater! 25% din po sana pag balik ko ehehehe kapal ko.  :D

why not? it's by word of mouth din naman kaya kumikita yung mga known resident shops dito sa pdvd.  :D

w/o pdvd member's feedbacks, baka bumibili pa rin mga karamihan sa sm appliance stores for video and audio needs.  :P

congrats po uli, sir.
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2010 at 06:02 PM by HEXAGRAM »

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2933 on: Mar 28, 2010 at 12:17 AM »
why not? it's by word of mouth din naman kaya kumikita yung mga known resident shops dito sa pdvd.  :D

w/o pdvd member's feedbacks, baka bumibili pa rin mga karamihan sa sm appliance stores for video and audio needs.  :P

congrats po uli, sir.

Thanks sir chino.

Naku! baka sabihin ng iba biased yung impressions ko about the Rx2 ahahahaha . . . dont worry po the 25% discount was meant to be a joke and I assure you what I just shared was very transparent & coming from the heart. I'm still looking for flaws and I will share it if I find one - knocking on wood.

btw, I find the magnetic grille cover to be so convenient. No need for finding the holes for that or pushing it hard against the speaker . . . konting tapat lang mag-snap na sa magnets. Cool eh.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2934 on: Mar 28, 2010 at 12:57 AM »
Thanks sir chino.

Naku! baka sabihin ng iba biased yung impressions ko about the Rx2 ahahahaha . . . dont worry po the 25% discount was meant to be a joke and I assure you what I just shared was very transparent & coming from the heart. I'm still looking for flaws and I will share it if I find one - knocking on wood.

btw, I find the magnetic grille cover to be so convenient. No need for finding the holes for that or pushing it hard against the speaker . . . konting tapat lang mag-snap na sa magnets. Cool eh.

i dont think you will ever find a chink in the RX2 if we will just be talking about the SQ. Any other impressions not jiving with yours would fall under preference. As we all have been agreeing here in the community, when we talk of preference, there will be no speaker better than or inferior than what a person prefer.

at least for the RX2's sake or the RX1 for that matter barder luther, im one with you in sharing your impressions. ;) ;)

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2935 on: Mar 28, 2010 at 02:19 PM »
Nicely said, agreed . . . personal preference pa din, as always.

Offline rap2x

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2936 on: Mar 30, 2010 at 12:02 PM »
hmmm not that good in reviews since i'm just new sa HT and Home Audio pero matagal na ako sa Car Audio...for my taste and I will put my money on it (kung me natitira pa hehe) SULIT and investment for my Rx2 ;) 8)

It's true that you will fall in love with it...it's very clear, the music will penetrate not only to your senses but in your imaginations as well...so relaxing and di ka mabibitin sa mid-bass...

correct me if i'm wrong it's very hard to find a BS with an 8"/200mm driver :o with that price range. 8) so whether voices or you want a little ooompf!!! solve ka sa Rx2 ;) One last thing, it's "very easy to drive" :)

It's for eveyone to hear and jusdge based on their preference...i suggest you hear it side by side with an Br6 then RX5 or even RX6 ;D

at the end of the day...when you go home...ang nahakot mo -"MA Rx2 Walnut or Piano White Finish" :D

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2937 on: Mar 30, 2010 at 01:35 PM »

at the end of the day...when you go home...ang nahakot mo -"MA Rx2 Walnut or Piano White Finish" :D

Parang kilala ko kung sino mga future owners nito ah  ;D

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2938 on: Mar 30, 2010 at 02:31 PM »
Parang kilala ko kung sino mga future owners nito ah  ;D

hindi ako ha ;D ;D ;D