Author Topic: Monitor Audio Speakers  (Read 473444 times)

Offline accastil

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
Re: Monitor Audio Speakers
« Reply #3210 on: Nov 26, 2010 at 01:05 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation, Allan ;D

Hindi ba dapat talo ni RX8 si RX6? But I think I get your point - Im a little bit weary in knowing that the RX8 having dual woofers in a FS design might be a little too much.

in terms of quality bass...yes, the RX8 will deliver more than the RX6. as for its integration with the mids and the highs, this would be greatly affected by your room size and acoustics already.

still, my take is that the RS series has superior sound over the RX...but that's just me :)
im allan - 09178087173

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #3211 on: Nov 26, 2010 at 02:01 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation, Allan ;D

Hindi ba dapat talo ni RX8 si RX6? But I think I get your point - Im a little bit weary in knowing that the RX8 having dual woofers in a FS design might be a little too much.

Hindi naman siguro sarge. Most manufacturers ng dual woofers also consider the freq response of their speakers. Hindi naman siguro magiging boomy ito. Possibly sa tightness lang, better roll offs ang hinabol sa dual woofer design.

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3212 on: Nov 26, 2010 at 02:16 PM »
Hindi naman siguro sarge. Most manufacturers ng dual woofers also consider the freq response of their speakers. Hindi naman siguro magiging boomy ito. Possibly sa tightness lang, better roll offs ang hinabol sa dual woofer design.

Preference na cguro master N plus the fact that my room is not that big naman. Very subjective talaga etong hobby natin ;D

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #3213 on: Nov 26, 2010 at 02:23 PM »
Preference na cguro master N plus the fact that my room is not that big naman. Very subjective talaga etong hobby natin ;D

buti na lang di ko afford tong speakers na ito kaya wa epek sa akin and preference hehehehehehe and subjectivity
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3214 on: Nov 26, 2010 at 03:12 PM »
buti na lang di ko afford tong speakers na ito kaya wa epek sa akin and preference hehehehehehe and subjectivity

Ows?  ;D
Oh cge, adbans congrats nalang sa RS6 mo next week ha ;D

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #3215 on: Nov 26, 2010 at 03:32 PM »
Ows?  ;D

May alam si Sarge!!!

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3216 on: Nov 26, 2010 at 03:35 PM »
Ows?  ;D

may ganun ba di ko alam yun ah ??? ??? ::) ::) ::)

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3217 on: Nov 26, 2010 at 03:47 PM »
may ganun ba di ko alam yun ah ??? ??? ::) ::) ::)

Todo todo at walang preno!  ;D

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #3218 on: Nov 26, 2010 at 09:12 PM »
Ows?  ;D

'kala " 8 " ang magic number...  ::)  ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #3219 on: Nov 26, 2010 at 10:43 PM »
Mukhang nagiisip si Master Luther mag-Platinum.  8)

heheh nadale mo na naman ako dun idol,  sabi sa 'yo pang-entry level lang powers ko. ;D

Mga Sirs,

Si RX2 has a tweet and 8"mid/bass, while si RX6 has a tweet, 6"mid/bass and 6"woofer......sa mga nakapag audition na dun sa dalawa - gaano kalaki ang diff sa sonics?

Sarge, meron yata sila Butch sa taas nyan. Interesado din ako malaman dati hindi lang natuloy pag-schedule.

Anybody?

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3220 on: Nov 26, 2010 at 11:03 PM »
'kala " 8 " ang magic number...  ::)  ;D

chnage of plan brader something came up eh titingnan ko sa martes or friday from there i will know kung 8 or 6 but likely its 6

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #3221 on: Nov 27, 2010 at 12:17 AM »
chnage of plan brader something came up eh titingnan ko sa martes or friday from there i will know kung 8 or 6 but likely its 6

personal opinion ko brader for HT use x-over at 80hz,6 is good enough as midrange / midbass level and sub will take-over the lower region. For pure music system w/o sub 8 is perfect for the job to bring out the full frequency of music...  :)
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3222 on: Nov 27, 2010 at 12:44 AM »
Sarge, meron yata sila Butch sa taas nyan. Interesado din ako malaman dati hindi lang natuloy pag-schedule.
Anybody?

Meron sir. I was talking to butch earlier and was planning to go sa SGT after the hifi show - kaso gusto daw ni butch na nandun sya habang audi ko, kaya next weekend nalang cguro.

btw, sir Luther - this is an excerpt I found from blu-ray.forum:

When I went to the store I knew the RX was out and I knew I was going to try and get the lowest price I could for the RS series, but when I heard the RS compared to the RX, I had to get the RX without a doubt.

What I was thinking before I heard the speakers is mainly the two questions 4x12 asked and I normally don't need the latest and wanted to save some money.

The funny thing too, I didn't get the RX6 or RX8, I ended up with the RX2's for my fronts

I bought mine mainly for movies(90/10), I don't listen to music that much at home. I think the RX2's are new, because they didn't have RS2 before. The RX2's have an 8in woofer compared to the rest of the set with a 6in woofer.

I ended up getting:
(2) RX2's
(1) RX Center
(4) RXFX - Plan to Di-pole

I went back and forth with the idea of just getting the RSFX for surrounds and saving some money, but I really love how the RXFX look and ended up getting those.

Offline turismo1997

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 257
« Reply #3223 on: Nov 27, 2010 at 03:36 AM »
Ako RXFX na lang kulang huhuhu. Ipon mode pa ;D. Currently have RXCLR, RX6 for center and fronts. I have S2 also but deligated to 2 channel setup.

Need ko yung pwede i wall mount. wala na space kung bookshelf pa ang gagamitin.

Got the RX6 from Butch and the center from les

I was auditioning for RX2 sa SGT but when I tried RX6, namayat bigla wallet ko pero oks lang worth it ang RX6.
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2010 at 03:39 AM by turismo1997 »

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3224 on: Nov 27, 2010 at 09:17 AM »
personal opinion ko brader for HT use x-over at 80hz,6 is good enough as midrange / midbass level and sub will take-over the lower region. For pure music system w/o sub 8 is perfect for the job to bring out the full frequency of music...  :)

salamat brader. i have never been into music anyway, i listen to music yes but not into that mumbo jumbo of the technicalities of it. As long as I like the song being played, Im already sold to it

Price difference is 21 K, that can go a long way. Will see what happens. I might even end up not getting any of the two at all

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3225 on: Nov 27, 2010 at 09:37 AM »
Meron sir. I was talking to butch earlier and was planning to go sa SGT after the hifi show - kaso gusto daw ni butch na nandun sya habang audi ko, kaya next weekend nalang cguro.

When I went to the store I knew the RX was out and I knew I was going to try and get the lowest price I could for the RS series, but when I heard the RS compared to the RX, I had to get the RX without a doubt.

What I was thinking before I heard the speakers is mainly the two questions 4x12 asked and I normally don't need the latest and wanted to save some money.

The funny thing too, I didn't get the RX6 or RX8, I ended up with the RX2's for my fronts

I bought mine mainly for movies(90/10), I don't listen to music that much at home. I think the RX2's are new, because they didn't have RS2 before. The RX2's have an 8in woofer compared to the rest of the set with a 6in woofer.

I ended up getting:
(2) RX2's
(1) RX Center

I went back and forth with the idea of just getting the RSFX for surrounds and saving some money, but I really love how the RXFX look and ended up getting those.

my opinion only,

RX series fits those people who wants it very laid back and relaxed, parang sa tao there are those who likes it in the baryo where everything is so serene and quite while there are those who likes it in the city where there are hustles and bustles(tama ba ang spelling),

both the RX and RS would have pros and cons dependent on the listener's preference. In my case, the aesthetics also plays a part in choosing which one to get. The price wouldnt matter much as they have the same price basically. the biggest problem is availability, AFAIK, only xyobub was able to snatch bnew sets of RS sa middle east pa

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 210
« Reply #3226 on: Nov 27, 2010 at 11:34 AM »
Auditioned the GX20 at Mandarin this AM. They were being driven a 100-wpc Audio Analogue hybrid integrated amp.  First off, build quality and finish is impressive. The drivers are tightly tensioned against the box by Allen screws at the rear, hence the front is very clean looking.

How does it sound? Well it was obviously not broken in so there was some glare but I wanted to hear how low those tiny metal drivers can go so they put in a bassy number and cranked it up. I was impressed by how deep and impactful the bass was considering how small these floorstanders were. Tautness could be improved by better electronics I am sure but the speakers are obviously miners of detail, hence I've no doubt these will be excellent for HT.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3227 on: Nov 27, 2010 at 11:58 AM »
Auditioned the GX20 at Mandarin this AM. They were being driven a 100-wpc Audio Analogue hybrid integrated amp.  First off, build quality and finish is impressive. The drivers are tightly tensioned against the box by Allen screws at the rear, hence the front is very clean looking.

How does it sound? Well it was obviously not broken in so there was some glare but I wanted to hear how low those tiny metal drivers can go so they put in a bassy number and cranked it up. I was impressed by how deep and impactful the bass was considering how small these floorstanders were. Tautness could be improved by better electronics I am sure but the speakers are obviously miners of detail, hence I've no doubt these will be excellent for HT.

sir john go get your self this gift, this will surely sound heavenly with your soon to be Onkyo 1007

congrats in advance ;) ;D ;) ;D

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 210
« Reply #3228 on: Nov 27, 2010 at 02:36 PM »
May 1008 na sa Toyama I think.  The new MA's will be out next year pa. What Audioworld has is an early sample.
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2010 at 02:44 PM by lithium_deuteride »
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3229 on: Nov 27, 2010 at 03:52 PM »
May 1008 na sa Toyama I think.  The new MA's will be out next year pa. What Audioworld has is an early sample.

1008 is inferior compared to 1007, donwgraded version ito eh

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3230 on: Nov 27, 2010 at 07:38 PM »
The HiFi show was a blast!  ;D

I had a great time chatting with ma'am Che and sir Joey of Audioworld ;)

A sneak peek at the Golden X ;D

SRP Php175K........NICE! ;D

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3231 on: Nov 27, 2010 at 10:56 PM »
The RX2 and the RX6

A few minutes drive from the HiFi show led me to the steps of The Home theater 1 (SGT) - to finally decipher the reviews Ive been reading on the net between the RX6/RX2 choices and to possibly answer a few issues of some members here.

Monitor Audio's trickling down of tech advancements from the gold line to the RX line is very commendable as the RX6 sounded "refined" and smooth. I really wouldnt call it "laid back" or warm - a bit clinical infact but not subdued. The one thing that I would probably want more - would be the bass. For a FS speaker, I would expect more.
The real ghost in the RX line is definitely the RX2 - just the first note of the song immediately made leaps & bounds over the RX6 - the RX2 sounded bigger, fuller and definitely had more bass. The physics of its 8" driver trounced whatever 6" bass driver that the RX6 had! Hands down, the RX2 is amazing!
Its funny, but it seems like the RX6 sounded more like a BS speaker, while the RX2 sounded like a FS :o
If I was shopping for a HT speaker - I'd definitely get the RX2 over the RX6........and save money!

This led me to believe why someone here could have a problem with the RX6 being a tad bright, because it was never the case with the RX2 with having the same tweeter. I guess the 8" driver of the RX2 was a better match for its tweeter than the 6" woofer (plus bigger enclosure) had in the RX6.
As subjectively goes, please take what I wrote above with a grain of salt as this is only my opinion - its just individual preference.

@brader Tirso - if memory serves in recalling how I heard Jazzy Jake's RS6 a few years back then I could understand your analogy (barrio/city). Compared to the new RX6, the RS6 seems more dynamic & livelier which is your preference ;) Maybe you should look into the RX8 instead? ;D
Nonetheless, MA's path in taking the RX6 is similar to the sonics of those hi-end speaker brands that I heard in today's hifi show - the only difference in those hi-ends is that they come in bigger packages and bigger price tags ;D 

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 608
« Reply #3232 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 12:45 AM »

I definitely liked the dynamics for such a small FS. The presentation was surprisingly crisp and intense. :)

Zitro and dts-HD 3D *MAY* have lined-up to order. :D

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3233 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 12:47 AM »
The RX2 and the RX6

A few minutes drive from the HiFi show led me to the steps of The Home theater 1 (SGT) - to finally decipher the reviews Ive been reading on the net between the RX6/RX2 choices and to possibly answer a few issues of some members here.

Monitor Audio's trickling down of tech advancements from the gold line to the RX line is very commendable as the RX6 sounded "refined" and smooth. I really wouldnt call it "laid back" or warm - a bit clinical infact but not subdued. The one thing that I would probably want more - would be the bass. For a FS speaker, I would expect more.
The real ghost in the RX line is definitely the RX2 - just the first note of the song immediately made leaps & bounds over the RX6 - the RX2 sounded bigger, fuller and definitely had more bass. The physics of its 8" driver trounced whatever 6" bass driver that the RX6 had! Hands down, the RX2 is amazing!
Its funny, but it seems like the RX6 sounded more like a BS speaker, while the RX2 sounded like a FS :o
If I was shopping for a HT speaker - I'd definitely get the RX2 over the RX6........and save money!

This led me to believe why someone here could have a problem with the RX6 being a tad bright, because it was never the case with the RX2 with having the same tweeter. I guess the 8" driver of the RX2 was a better match for its tweeter than the 6" woofer (plus bigger enclosure) had in the RX6.
As subjectively goes, please take what I wrote above with a grain of salt as this is only my opinion - its just individual preference.

@brader Tirso - if memory serves in recalling how I heard Jazzy Jake's RS6 a few years back then I could understand your analogy (barrio/city). Compared to the new RX6, the RS6 seems more dynamic & livelier which is your preference ;) Maybe you should look into the RX8 instead? ;D
Nonetheless, MA's path in taking the RX6 is similar to the sonics of those hi-end speaker brands that I heard in today's hifi show - the only difference in those hi-ends is that they come in bigger packages and bigger price tags ;D 

the bass part is really the main strenght of the RX2 thats why luther never had second thoughts when he heard the RX2 the firts time apart of course form the over all sound quality that suites his liking, we were together when we auditioned the RX and while w agree both that this is a very good speaker, my preference came into play as i really find the RS more dynamic and livelier, really suites me naman.

Shifting to the RX series would create more trouble to me than solution considering it will need me to chnage the center too, the pocket cant afford that anymore. Guess  Monday is a very important day to me as this day will determine if i will go RS 6 or I go RS8 or I go home empty handed, save the money and keep the RS1, RSLCR combo and buy me a projector instead so i can go big in visual instead of audio ;D

Offline Hammerheart

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • DVD Guru
  • Formerly known as tormentor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #3234 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 12:51 AM »

A sneak peek at the Golden X ;D

SRP Php175K........NICE! ;D

ganda ng roksan kandy k2 cdp. project ko yan this december. partner sa k2 amp ko.....hopefully.... :) :) :) :)

Offline Hammerheart

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • DVD Guru
  • Formerly known as tormentor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #3235 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 12:56 AM »

+1
ma'am che and sir (tokayo) joey are so nice plus roksan is the best...my best purchase ever....
audioworld knows what to distribute here in the philippines. the best gears from the best people in the "audioworld"....

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3236 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 12:28 PM »

I ended up getting:
(2) RX2's
(1) RX Center

Sarge, baka pwedeng pasabay ako kila Butch next weekend. Very long overdue na yung dilemma ko sa 2 speakers na yan ;D

Similar case dun sa 2 nakausap ko, they had the chance to audition the RX6 & RX2 and they both ended up buying the RX2(the other one is a fellow member). Iba-iba talaga hit & miss ang response ng listener that's why we have to give each other respect, pareho naman MA yan afterall.

Pero ang hindi ko makalimutan yung 'fever' ni Peggy Lee sa RX2, Roksan K2 amp & cdp . . . up to now hindi ko ma-replicate yung extension & dynamics hahahaha. Nasa high powered amp talaga ang magic kahit sabihin na easy to drive ang speakers. Yung cdp din siguro pero IMO not sure kung ganun kalaki naitulong.
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2010 at 12:34 PM by dts-HD 3D »

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3237 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 12:49 PM »
The RX2 and the RX6

Nyak! natuloy ka pala kahapon sarge hahahaha suri delayed reaction ako pls. disregard my previous post. But nonetheless, your observations on the 2 speakers validates the 2 RX2 owners I mentioned above. Saktong-sakto parang pareho kayong 3 ng tenga. Thanks for the comparo.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3238 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 01:05 PM »
Nyak! natuloy ka pala kahapon sarge hahahaha suri delayed reaction ako pls. disregard my previous post. But nonetheless, your observations on the 2 speakers validates the 2 RX2 owners I mentioned above. Saktong-sakto parang pareho kayong 3 ng tenga. Thanks for the comparo.

Are you still contemplating on going RX6?

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3239 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 01:19 PM »
Are you still contemplating on going RX6?

medyo nabawasan na talaga brad pip, si sarge na nag-review eh but I'm still open for auditioning the 2 side by side . . . bat ba kase sa ibaba naka-display yung rx6 nung andun tayo sa audioworld eh hahahahah Hirap pa nito meron 1 nadagdag sa list but I'm shifting my priorities now fr. speakers to a more powerful amp.