Author Topic: Monitor Audio Speakers  (Read 468558 times)

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Monitor Audio Speakers
« Reply #3480 on: Sep 12, 2011 at 08:15 PM »
Marc;

Can you please PM me cash prices for the RX2, RXFX, RX Center, BX2, BXFX, & BX Center?  How's the MA synergy with higher-end Yamaha AVR's?

Thanks.

Sent you pm. :)

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #3481 on: Sep 13, 2011 at 10:25 AM »
Sent you pm. :)

Thanks Marc.  Hmm attractive pricing.  How is the synergy of Yamaha (I plan to get a 130 to 140 - wpc Aventage series) and MA kaya?
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #3482 on: Sep 13, 2011 at 03:35 PM »
Thanks Marc.  Hmm attractive pricing.  How is the synergy of Yamaha (I plan to get a 130 to 140 - wpc Aventage series) and MA kaya?

Imho, higher end Yamahas sound great with the RX series. I've never heard the RX play as good with other AVR brands.

Offline karzai

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3483 on: Sep 17, 2011 at 01:48 PM »
Imho, higher end Yamahas sound great with the RX series. I've never heard the RX play as good with other AVR brands.

Really? Actually before I decided to buy the amp that I have now, I narrowed down my choices between a Yamaha RXV-1065 and a Marantz SR-7002. Eventually, I went with the Marantz because according to one of the reviews I've read, and I quote "Keep in mind most review publications don’t do continuous power measurements and they usually publish power measurements into clipping at 1% THD + N. Our measurements are very conservative and it is clear that the 110wpc power rating of this receiver is greatly understated as Marantz is delivering MUCH more than specified.". Since I am a loudness junkie, anyone can see that the choice is pretty obvious.

I am quite satisfied with the performance of SR-7002 but there were times that it was coughing up blood (it seemed like the source material had a cut between scenes and the RX6s are having  an abrupt disruption of signals, like a broken pop). My suspicion tells me that the capacitors are running out of reserved power. I had the Low pass filter set to 80 Hz so that the RXFX, which are rated at  60 Hz - 35 kHz, 80 watts, wouldn't have a hard time squeezing out frequencies lower than that.

Do you think, I made a mistake by choosing the Marantz?
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2011 at 11:49 AM by karzai »

Offline arnold

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3484 on: Sep 28, 2011 at 09:32 PM »
I have B&W 685 on yamaha RXV 3800...parang gusto ko itest ung RX2..685 are nice pero may hinahanap ako sa kanya na parang nasa RX2....anyone here tried RX2 sa yamaha when it comes to music?

Offline Billabong

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3485 on: Sep 29, 2011 at 12:04 AM »
Really? Actually before I decided to buy the amp that I have now, I narrowed down my choices between a Yamaha RXV-1065 and a Marantz SR-7002. Eventually, I went with the Marantz because according to one of the reviews I've read, and I quote "Keep in mind most review publications don’t do continuous power measurements and they usually publish power measurements into clipping at 1% THD + N. Our measurements are very conservative and it is clear that the 110wpc power rating of this receiver is greatly understated as Marantz is delivering MUCH more than specified.". Since I am a loudness junkie, anyone can see that the choice is pretty obvious.

I am quite satisfied with the performance of SR-7002 but there were times that it was coughing up blood (it seemed like the source material had a cut between scenes and the RX6s are having  an abrupt disruption of signals, like a broken pop). My suspicion tells me that the capacitors are running out of reserved power. I had the Low pass filter set to 80 Hz so that the RXFX, which are rated at 80 watts,  wouldn't have a hard time squeezing out frequencies lower than that.

You can add an external power amp. It will help a lot! ;)

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #3486 on: Sep 29, 2011 at 03:59 PM »

I am quite satisfied with the performance of SR-7002 but there were times that it was coughing up blood (it seemed like the source material had a cut between scenes and the RX6s are having  an abrupt disruption of signals, like a broken pop). My suspicion tells me that the capacitors are running out of reserved power. I had the Low pass filter set to 80 Hz so that the RXFX, which are rated at  60 Hz - 35 kHz, 80 watts, wouldn't have a hard time squeezing out frequencies lower than that.

It shouldn't pop unless you're driving it to clipping levels. You don't normally hear a pop when it's just the rail level collapsing. Try crossing the front channels a little higher to see if that remedies the problem.

Marantz makes very nice AV gear, imho.

I have B&W 685 on yamaha RXV 3800...parang gusto ko itest ung RX2..685 are nice pero may hinahanap ako sa kanya na parang nasa RX2....anyone here tried RX2 sa yamaha when it comes to music?

Yep, maganda siya for me (as far as AVRs go). Try it, then decide. :)

Offline cray

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3487 on: Oct 01, 2011 at 10:43 PM »
sir ask ko lang po kung worth it po ba mag upgrade from wharfedale diamond to MA BX series po? my current setup is 9.1, 9 cs,9sr and vsx520 gusto ko po sana mag upgrade BX2 and BX center, nagiisip lang ako kasi ito den yung entry ng MA baka hindi ganun ka sulet.. usage is 80% movies and x0% music ( also planning to build a separate stereo nasa living kasi yung Home Theater eh mas madalas ako sa bedroom because of my work 3D rendering )

hingi lang ako suggestion para hindi naman masayang yung hard earned money
toshiba AV4000E, wharfdale 9.1, 9 cs, 9 sr, pioneer vsx 520, ac ryan PlayOnHD, ps3 160 gig,

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #3488 on: Oct 02, 2011 at 01:36 AM »
sir ask ko lang po kung worth it po ba mag upgrade from wharfedale diamond to MA BX series po? my current setup is 9.1, 9 cs,9sr and vsx520 gusto ko po sana mag upgrade BX2 and BX center, nagiisip lang ako kasi ito den yung entry ng MA baka hindi ganun ka sulet.. usage is 80% movies and x0% music ( also planning to build a separate stereo nasa living kasi yung Home Theater eh mas madalas ako sa bedroom because of my work 3D rendering )

Pakinggan mo na lang then decide. If you're happy with your current setup, you don't have to change a thing.

You can use the money on your separate music system.

Offline sovrain

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 33
« Reply #3489 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 02:50 PM »
just got a marantz sr5005, pwede bang i-match sa  Rx6? tnx
Marantz SR5005/PM90/SA8260
Mission Mx5/C2/1/S
Klipsch RW12D
TEAC UD-HO1|Trio TT|Asus O'play|MED1000X

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #3490 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 02:58 PM »

Doable. However, I'm not sure of the sound that you're after. I suggest heading over to Audioworld to test these speakers with your AVR.

Offline richardcruz

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #3491 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 03:12 PM »

Looks more like "just" a lateral move as both MA BX and Wharf 9s are entry levels, that it will just change the character of the sound. Just save up and aim for the "next higher" level - e.g., B&W 6 series, MA RX series, Dali Ikon series, Dynaudio DM or Excite or Focal Chorus.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3492 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 03:27 PM »

i had a chance to help set up the system of one of our members here, he has the same Marantz though uses a full RS series, RS6, RSLCR and RSFX,

i would say its one of the nicest I heard and I almost replaced my receiver with a marantz was just able to fight the urge.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline sovrain

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3493 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 03:57 PM »
i had a chance to help set up the system of one of our members here, he has the same Marantz though uses a full RS series, RS6, RSLCR and RSFX,

i would say its one of the nicest I heard and I almost replaced my receiver with a marantz was just able to fight the urge.
now, the urge is on me to take the Rx series :D tnx Sir Onkyo606 and Sir stagea
Mission Mx5/C2/1/S
Klipsch RW12D

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3494 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 04:31 PM »
now, the urge is on me to take the Rx series :D tnx Sir Onkyo606 and Sir stagea

its a worthy investment sir

congrats in advance

Offline karzai

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3495 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 07:21 PM »
I exactly have the same setup: Marantz SR7002 and the Full RXAV getup (RX6, RX Centre, RXFX) except that I replaced the subwoofer with a Hsu Research VTF3-MK4.

I could say that until now, the full fledged Marantz-MA RX sound tandem leaves my mouth gaping. Only that sometimes the Marantz is tripping, which causes it to a pop a sound that seems to alarm me whether it could do damage to the right RXFX and the right RX6 whenever I crank the volume up. Don't worry about this, as this might just be a problem with my own amp only.

Get the Marantz and the RXFX. It's the perfect combination.

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #3496 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 11:22 PM »

"^" seems that your AVR is running out of juice to push your RX6.

..Have you considered getting ext. power amp?  :)
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline karzai

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3497 on: Oct 07, 2011 at 06:04 PM »
'I'm considering... but I don't know how to do it. Plus, it's not only the amp's juice that's running out. I've stretched my budget far enough that I might have to declare bankruptcy. Lol.

Offline sovrain

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3498 on: Oct 07, 2011 at 09:02 PM »
I exactly have the same setup: Marantz SR7002 and the Full RXAV getup (RX6, RX Centre, RXFX) except that I replaced the subwoofer with a Hsu Research VTF3-MK4.

I could say that until now, the full fledged Marantz-MA RX sound tandem leaves my mouth gaping. Only that sometimes the Marantz is tripping, which causes it to a pop a sound that seems to alarm me whether it could do damage to the right RXFX and the right RX6 whenever I crank the volume up. Don't worry about this, as this might just be a problem with my own amp only.

Get the Marantz and the RXFX. It's the perfect combination.
tnx sir karzai.........

malapit na...........na ma close and selection, audition na lang, or baka di na rin, baka deretso bili na rin
malapit na..........ang december bonus..or baka di na rin mahintay.... ;D ;D ;D
Mission Mx5/C2/1/S
Klipsch RW12D

Offline karzai

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3499 on: Oct 07, 2011 at 09:15 PM »
Utangin na yan. Bayaran na lang pag dating ng nosbu. Lalo kang magkakasakit niyan e... sa excitement...

Haha.

Offline sovrain

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3500 on: Oct 07, 2011 at 09:24 PM »
Utangin na yan. Bayaran na lang pag dating ng nosbu. Lalo kang magkakasakit niyan e... sa excitement...

Haha.
alin bang MA dealer ang tumatanggap ng visa ;D ;D
Mission Mx5/C2/1/S
Klipsch RW12D

Offline karzai

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3501 on: Oct 08, 2011 at 01:59 AM »
Yung sa Shang yata puwede hulugan per month e. Sight n sound yata o yung taga teacher's village sa QC.

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #3502 on: Oct 15, 2011 at 06:55 PM »
Am now a satisfied MA user :).  Sharing a few pics:

Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 806
« Reply #3503 on: Oct 15, 2011 at 07:23 PM »
Am now a satisfied MA user :).  Sharing a few pics:

Nice!  ;D
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline [r0n1n]

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #3504 on: Nov 08, 2011 at 09:45 PM »
Congrats sir lithium!

MA gurus, ask ko lang ano ba ang difference ng RS at RX series aside from the obvious newer series yung RX? Specifically RS6 and RX6.

Thanks in advance!
Paradigm Studio 10 | Anthem MRX310 | Power Sound Audio XS30 | Mirage Prestige

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3505 on: Nov 09, 2011 at 03:07 PM »
Congrats sir lithium!

MA gurus, ask ko lang ano ba ang difference ng RS at RX series aside from the obvious newer series yung RX? Specifically RS6 and RX6.

Thanks in advance!

not on the technical perspective but i will try anyway. Im using an RS6 currently with RSLCR but have listened to RX6 and RXLCR before getting the RS.

LOOKS:

RS6 has a fancier looks because of the trimmings on the drivers. RX6 looks simpler and suites well those who are not into fancy looking things, simplistic design but very calssy looking.

SOUND CHARACTER:

I feel the RS6 sounds more dynamic in the sense that the top end (HF) sounds brighter than the RX6. The RX6 sounds a bit laidback to me and perhaps would be appreciated more by those people who wants it that way. Im into dynamic sounding speakers thats why the RS6 suites me well. All the rest, i dont hear any difference.

BUILD QUALITY:

Same even the color (atleast the wall nut and black as I see them)

Both possesses excellent  sound quality and build quality overall. Its just really a matter of preference.

Offline [r0n1n]

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #3506 on: Nov 09, 2011 at 09:27 PM »
thanks bro onkyo606 for your inputs. i saw someone selling his RS6 and I am contemplating to trade but Im not sure if I'll be doing an upgrade/sidegrade/downgrade  ???
Paradigm Studio 10 | Anthem MRX310 | Power Sound Audio XS30 | Mirage Prestige

Offline sovrain

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3507 on: Jan 01, 2012 at 10:58 AM »
what audio store that has Rx6 for demo? been to avshop and AA but they dont have demo unit........tia

HAppy new year!!!!!!!
Mission Mx5/C2/1/S
Klipsch RW12D

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #3508 on: Jan 01, 2012 at 11:36 AM »
what audio store that has Rx6 for demo? been to avshop and AA but they dont have demo unit........tia

HAppy new year!!!!!!!

Try Audio World along Banawe. :)

Offline natosan

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3509 on: Jan 01, 2012 at 06:16 PM »

HAppy new year!!!!!!!

Saw one at Toyz for the Big Boyz at the basement of Makati Cinema Square.