Author Topic: Buffy The Vampire Slayer  (Read 31834 times)

Offline gumby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • The future rested on my shoulders...and I shrugged
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Buffy: The Vampire Slayer
« Reply #450 on: Dec 31, 2002 at 11:05 PM »
You actually think he survived?

I don't think Giles avoided the axe - it swung too close to leave any margins for escape! However, I don't think he died - I think he came prepared. It could be a personal forcefield or he was astral projecting himself but I think Ripper survived that axe.

Or am I just hoping too much?  :'(

Anyway, I loved Bring On The Night as the slayer FINALLY decides to become proactive rather than reactive. The speech was delivered really well by SMG - rah rah rah team go go go!  ;D

Offline pagan

• Collector
  • grr..arg
  • Liked:
« Reply #451 on: Jan 03, 2003 at 12:31 PM »
I don't think Giles avoided the axe - it swung too close to leave any margins for escape! However, I don't think he died - I think he came prepared. It could be a personal forcefield or he was astral projecting himself but I think Ripper survived that axe.

Or am I just hoping too much?  :'(

You and me both! Do you think if we hope hard enough, our hopes will come true?  Aargh!!  GILESSSSS!!!

Anyway, I loved Bring On The Night as the slayer FINALLY decides to become proactive rather than reactive. The speech was delivered really well by SMG - rah rah rah team go go go!  ;D

Yeah, it was about time actually.  Go team.  ;D

Anyone here know when the new eps will start to air?
Join the Pinoyslayers, the most kick-ass club of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans in the country.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #452 on: Jan 03, 2003 at 11:54 PM »
Anyone here know when the new eps will start to air?

In four days - January 7th. Then every other week: January 21st, then February 4th.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline gumby

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #453 on: Jan 05, 2003 at 09:28 PM »
FINALLY decides to become proactive rather than reactive.

I have an addition: Buffy DID go on proactive stance before na pala - in season 3's Choices. It went sour though but I guess it's not her fault  ;D

Offline gumby

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #454 on: Jan 10, 2003 at 10:21 AM »
Just saw the latest ep - Showtime.

Buffy's battle with the uber-vamp was phenomenal! I was actually holding my breath as the Turok-Haan creamed Buffy, then cheered when she finally decapitated him!

Hmmm, seems the slayers-in-training are increasing in number every episode - last week we had three, then minus one, then three more this ep. If this continues, by the time Faith returns, everyone'll be sleeping on the lawn!

Andrew's scenes are so funny! I liked his comic book references and his child-like retorts! Maybe he and Anya could pair up? That'd be a hoot!

Anya had the best line in the ep, however: "I'll have sex with you"! ;D

I was surprised by the telepathic link between Buffy, Willow and Xander but it was a nice touch.

Giles oh Giles - are you really dead or not? Seems he's not but there's still that uncertainty.

Offline pagan

• Collector
  • grr..arg
  • Liked:
« Reply #455 on: Jan 13, 2003 at 05:55 PM »
Just saw the latest ep - Showtime.

Buffy's battle with the uber-vamp was phenomenal! I was actually holding my breath as the Turok-Haan creamed Buffy, then cheered when she finally decapitated him!

Now that was a fight.

Hmmm, seems the slayers-in-training are increasing in number every episode - last week we had three, then minus one, then three more this ep. If this continues, by the time Faith returns, everyone'll be sleeping on the lawn!

Yay, Faith!

Andrew's scenes are so funny! I liked his comic book references and his child-like retorts! Maybe he and Anya could pair up? That'd be a hoot!

Eww!! Still, yes, Andrew v. funny.

Anya had the best line in the ep, however: "I'll have sex with you"! ;D

I still think the best line was:
"Those were entrails."

I was surprised by the telepathic link between Buffy, Willow and Xander but it was a nice touch.

They used to do it in "The Gift" and beginning of season six, remember?

Giles oh Giles - are you really dead or not? Seems he's not but there's still that uncertainty.

Ah, I know what ME is trying to do.  Get us all distracted so we'd stop thinking about whether Giles is real or not, then plunge the knife in and twist!  Giles, live!  For me!

I think I must've watched this episode 7 times!
Join the Pinoyslayers, the most kick-ass club of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans in the country.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #456 on: Jan 14, 2003 at 12:52 AM »

Huh? Did we watch the same show? There's no way a "live" Giles wouldn't have hugged Anya when she arrived at that disturbing conclusion...

Offline pagan

• Collector
  • grr..arg
  • Liked:
« Reply #457 on: Jan 14, 2003 at 10:20 AM »

Huh? Did we watch the same show? There's no way a "live" Giles wouldn't have hugged Anya when she arrived at that disturbing conclusion...

Huh?  Why would Giles (alive or not) want to hug Anya for arriving at that conclusion?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #458 on: Jan 14, 2003 at 10:23 AM »
Huh?  Why would Giles (alive or not) want to hug Anya for arriving at that conclusion?

To (falsely) reassure her that although it's their fault, things will be okay?   ::)

Offline pagan

• Collector
  • grr..arg
  • Liked:
« Reply #459 on: Jan 14, 2003 at 02:29 PM »

To (falsely) reassure her that although it's their fault, things will be okay?   ::)

I don't think Giles would be the type to do that.  Because what Anya said was true, technically.  That it WAS their fault. And Giles didn't exactly try to hide the fact from Willow that he thought resurrecting Buffy was a stupid and dangerous thing to do.  Although he never said the same to the other Scoobies, he never said he thought it was a good thing.

Besides, Anya isn't one to buy false reassurances, and even Giles knows that.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
Re:The Bronze, The Buffy the Vampire Slayer Thread
« Reply #460 on: Jan 14, 2003 at 11:50 PM »
From SciFi.Com:

Buffy Mates Engaged

Angel co-star Alexis Denisof told SCI FI Wire that he became formally engaged to former Buffy the Vampire Slayer castmate Alyson Hannigan (Willow) over the Christmas break. "I'm the luckiest guy in the world right now," a beaming Denisof said in an interview at The WB's winter press preview. "Sorry. She's mine. All mine! Ha ha ha ha!"

Denisof, 36, who plays former Watcher Wesley Wyndam-Pryce on Angel, met Hannigan, 28, when they both appeared on UPN's Buffy, and the two have been dating since Denisof moved to The WB's Buffy spinoff series. He said he decided to propose while the two took a break from production for the holidays. "We were driving up to my family up in Seattle during the Christmas break from our shows," he said. "And I had the ring. And I had thought of a hundred different crazy, romantic, complicated plans of asking her. And at the end, I was just like, 'You know, I'm going to keep it simple, and I'll know when it's the right time.'"

Denisof added, "So I had the ring with me. .. It was burning a hole in the ... armrest of my car, where it was locked. And we drove all night from L.A. to get north of San Francisco, so we could spend the following day in Napa Valley. And we were just having the most perfect day. We stopped at a winery, and stopped at a Dean and Deluca and got some beautiful food to make a picnic, and then we drove up to a mountain lake in Napa Valley. And it was there that I asked her. And lucky for me, she said yes."

The couple have set a tentative September or October date for the nuptials, which will likely take place in California, Denisof said. Meanwhile, he said, "We're both working on our shows, and she's also doing the third American Pie movie, so ... I won't actually see her until March [laughs]. So if we can manage to plan a wedding, then we'll be doing pretty well, yeah. But we're shooting for September or October if possible." Angel airs an original episode in its new 9 p.m. ET/PT Wednesday timeslot on Jan. 15; Buffy airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

Offline pagan

• Collector
  • grr..arg
  • Liked:
Buffy Mates Engaged
« Reply #461 on: Jan 16, 2003 at 12:16 PM »
Thanks, for posting that bit of news Mr. Hankey!

Would I kill to be invited to that wedding or what?

Offline pagan

• Collector
  • grr..arg
  • Liked:
First Philippine Sci-Fi & Fantasy Convention
« Reply #462 on: Jan 16, 2003 at 03:36 PM »
Buffy/Angel fans might be interested to know there's a Convention coming up.
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2003 at 05:41 PM by pagan »

Offline pagan

• Collector
  • grr..arg
  • Liked:
« Reply #463 on: Jan 16, 2003 at 03:45 PM »
Buffy/Angel fans might be interested to know there's a Convention coming up.
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2003 at 05:34 PM by pagan »

Offline gumby

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #464 on: Jan 24, 2003 at 09:19 AM »
Just saw Potential:

"Dawn the vampire slayer" - finally the show addressed the dreaded question that had been in everybody's mind since season 7 was announced as the last of the series. While the episode didn't resolve it, the possibility was explored and eventually "shifted".

I loved Dawn when she took the initiative to deal with the vamp in the school, and was actually awed by her maturity in turning over the "torch" to Amanda when she realized she wasn't really a chosen one. She might be whiny and irritating sometimes but episodes like Checkpoint, Him and Conversations with Dead People makes me like here more than say Willow (sometimes anyway).

The inclusion of Andrew to the supporting cast is a brilliant move! The male version of Anya has become a pleasure to watch - from comic book references to his pouting, arms-crossed-over-his-chest stance! Anya still had the best comedic lines but Andrew's catching up!

The slayerettes are now a fun bunch to watch - some are whiny, some are strong-willed but all are different and are actually individuals.

Finally, the superb Xander speech - "seven years Dawny, seven years - the witch, the demon" - I actually got misty-eyed when he kissed Dawn on the forehead. Again, people might hate him (and I did in Hell's Bells) but in s7, he's bouncing back! Aside from this episode, his speech in Selfless was also equally heartbreaking - if nothing else, s7 is turning out to have the most emotional speeches (Buffy's Bring On The Night also comes to mind).

All in all, it was a nice "quiet" episode after the action of the last two.

Offline gumby

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #465 on: Feb 06, 2003 at 08:31 PM »
Ummm, did you guys forget this thread of what?  :'(

Anyway, my thoughts on The Killer In Me:

Finally! A Kennedy spotlight! Well, okay it's actually a Willow spotlight but finally - the plot between the two have progressed! It was a nice look back at the Willow/Tara relationship, and it was nice to see Tara (even though it's just what? Two scenes?). I also liked Willow's answer, when Kennedy asked her how long she had known she was gay, and she said, "Three years" - yup, in season 4 indeed!

And the "season 4 revisited" continues with Buffy and Spike's return to the Initiative stomping grounds! What-oh-what will Buffy's decision be concerning Spike's chip? I for say "take it out!" She needs all of Spike's visciousness more than ever - and he has a soul anyway.

GILES IS NOT DEAD! Sorry, had to say it :) Finally, the question that had been on everyone's mind (c'mon admit it) was finally resolved! Hmm, did Xander and Andrew touch him errrr intimately? :D

Amy's back - and she's a bitch! Finally, no more kind Amy - it was nice a few times but it was a nice character development to turn her into a vengeful witch.

All in all, a filler episode IMO but a good one.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #466 on: Feb 06, 2003 at 08:41 PM »
Ummm, did you guys forget this thread of what?  :'(

Actually, I pretty much forgot about the show. I've had Potential on my hard drive for two weeks now, but have had neither the time nor inclination to watch it. The fact that its "Description" when I downloaded it from Kazaa said "Boy, does this episode suck!" played a factor in that.

And seeing from the bottom of your description that the next episode is filler... umm...

Will catch up soon. I also have 3 Smallvilles backed up already...
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2003 at 08:42 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #467 on: Feb 07, 2003 at 06:45 AM »
not much of a fan of the series, but posting this for fans in case you haven't read this yet.

BLOOD LUST
Spike and Buffy Summers, ''Buffy the Vampire Slayer''

PLAYED BY James Marsters and Sarah Michelle Gellar

RELATIONSHIP STATUS Spike the vampire still loves Buffy the vampire slayer -- even though this season's Übervillain, the First Evil, was appearing to him in the form of Buffy, taunting and (literally) torturing him. Meanwhile, Buffy is clearly conflicted about her relationship with William the Bloody (Spike's nickname from days of yore).

WHY WE LOVE THEM Their hot sex last season had them falling through floors and breaking walls. And talk about soul mates... Spike went to great pains to get his soul back for the Buffster.

WHY WE DON'T Buffy needs to get over that whole ''I was using you'' thing and admit she has feelings for the vamp.
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline gumby

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #468 on: Feb 07, 2003 at 08:00 AM »
Actually, I pretty much forgot about the show. I've had Potential on my hard drive for two weeks now, but have had neither the time nor inclination to watch it. The fact that its "Description" when I downloaded it from Kazaa said "Boy, does this episode suck!" played a factor in that.

Watch it na Mr Hankey - I'm interested in knowing what you say about the two eps :)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #469 on: Feb 15, 2003 at 10:59 AM »
Watch it na Mr Hankey - I'm interested in knowing what you say about the two eps :)

I loved the line where geeky new slayerette-to-be says, "Well, most people think (Buffy's) a high functioning schizophrenic".

I felt cheated, since they deliberately threw a red herring at us by intentionally not letting Giles touch anything. It's insulting and gimmick-y. And HOW he prevented decapitation... have you seen the next episode? Bloody unlikely.

But last Tuesday's episode was a fun episode. You can tell when one of the "old guards" pens an episode... the feel/mix of elements is right. The Xander the demon magnet, the Buffy "I love (chipless!) Spike but would never admit it" factor, the Andrew as the "Jack from Will & Grace" character, the funny subtitles with the Chinese slayerette - all classic! My only problem with the episode, though, was... given the principal's age and race, how could Buffy NOT know who his mother was and who killed her?
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2003 at 11:02 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline gumby

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #470 on: Feb 16, 2003 at 01:22 PM »
I felt cheated, since they deliberately threw a red herring at us by intentionally not letting Giles touch anything. It's insulting and gimmick-y. And HOW he prevented decapitation... have you seen the next episode? Bloody unlikely.

I tend to agree with you Mr Hankey - it seemed so...I dunno...impossible to avoid that damn axe? Still, I enjoyed the Giles mystery while it lasted - it was frustrating (in a good way) for a while.

But last Tuesday's episode was a fun episode. You can tell when one of the "old guards" pens an episode... the feel/mix of elements is right. The Xander the demon magnet, the Buffy "I love (chipless!) Spike but would never admit it" factor, the Andrew as the "Jack from Will & Grace" character, the funny subtitles with the Chinese slayerette - all classic! My only problem with the episode, though, was... given the principal's age and race, how could Buffy NOT know who his mother was and who killed her?

Yep, that Jane Espenson never fails to deliver. I have seen First Date, haven't had the time yet to post my comments though as I am so deep into Alias right now. Maybe soon  ;D

Oh and maybe Buffy forgot about Principal Wood's mother because (a) Spike never told her that the 70s slayer was black (I don't think he did), and (b) Fool For Love was two years ago and maybe she had forgotten about it, with her ressurection and all.

Offline gumby

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #471 on: Feb 16, 2003 at 07:49 PM »
My thoughts on First Date:

Okay - if anyone out there had requested a male slayer, they got their wish - kind of - in Principal Wood. His lineage was a great twist - the 70s slayer made quite an impression on me in her first and only appearance in season 5's Fool For Love, and I'm glad she's not forgotten.

Poor Xander - he's never going to be lucky with women will he? Ashanti's no errr Queen Latifah but I wish they brought back the girl from Beneath You - wonder whatever happened to her? But seriously, I wish he and Anya would get back together again. They seemed so right together.

The Chinese slayer's a hoot - lactose intolerance indeed - but I wish they took in a Filipina slayer  ;D. Imagine her line: may bagoong at balut kaya sila? Nagugutom na ako eh.

And Andrew continues to please! His scene with the First was both terrifying and hilarious! I hope they bring back Jonathan again and again, even if he's in the guise of the First.

Finally, Spike - now that his chip's been removed, I wonder if he can indeed curb his instincts? I know he did with his soul and his love for Buffy, but I'm still not sure.

All in all, a great episode penned by the ever-dependable Jane Espenson. However, take away the Principal Wood revelation and it felt like it's another filler episode. Nothing else was revealed about the First  ???

Offline Holly Golightly

• Collector
  • impulsive. compulsive. insane
  • Liked:
« Reply #472 on: Feb 24, 2003 at 06:41 PM »
Funniest thing I've seen in a while. After the Spander ad, at least.

Monkey!
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2003 at 06:42 PM by Holly Golightly »

Offline Holly Golightly

• Collector
  • impulsive. compulsive. insane
  • Liked:
« Reply #473 on: Feb 26, 2003 at 04:23 PM »
http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?30318

Gellar Will Exit 'Buffy' in May
Tue, Feb 25, 2003 05:39 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Concluding months of Internet speculation, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" star Sarah Michelle Gellar will indeed be hanging up her wooden stakes come May at the conclusion of the show's seventh season.

While Gellar has given Entertainment Weekly an exclusive regarding her departure for the issue hitting stands on Friday, March 7, sources close to the UPN series confirm to Zap2it.com that the actress will not be part of the cast should "Buffy" return in the fall.

Much about the fate of the show remains up in the air with core cast members Alyson Hannigan and Nicholas Brendon both having said they feel that it's the final year, but no official word coming down from the show's creator Joss Whedon, UPN or production company Twentieth Centuty Fox.

Rumors of a possible spin-off still run rampant, although the most likely candidate -- based on the character of Buffy's fellow slayer Faith -- now seems iffy at best since actress Eliza Dushku (who plays the recurring role on both "Buffy" and "Angel") has signed on instead
for a drama pilot with FOX.

==============================

From Aintitcoolnews. Note the last line.

http://aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=14563

Another Key Clue About That BUFFY Spinoff!!

I am Hercules!!

More evidence emerges this morning that Eliza Dushku will not play Faith the vampire slayer (at least on a regular basis) in any "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" spinoff.

Variety reports that Dushku will play the lead in an another potential series, an untitled Fox network pilot from Jon Feldman ("American Dreams") and Rob Cohen ("The Fast and the Furious") about a grad student who discovers she can save lives by altering the course of events.

Though the pilot may not necessarily go to series, Dushku's commitment to it likely does prohibit the "Buffy" braintrust from building a series around Buffy's darker counterpart.

Dushku has signed to guest star this year in three upcoming episodes of "Buffy" spinoff "Angel" and the final five episodes of "Buffy" itself. "Buffy" now looks to end its seven-season run on May 20.

A few reports, including one from Britain's BBC News picked up an erroneous item in the London Express indicating that a Faith series was already a done deal.

So what will producers pitch as a new Buffiverse series? Something, likely, with potential.

=================

Additional news, although I can't remember where I got it: Marti Noxon is also working on another drama pilot. And the Eliza Dushku show sounds like an Alias ripoff. Sorry.
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2003 at 04:26 PM by Holly Golightly »

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
Re:The Bronze, The Buffy the Vampire Slayer Thread
« Reply #474 on: Feb 27, 2003 at 07:04 AM »
    HOLLYWOOD, Feb. 26 —  Put a stake in her: Sarah Michelle Gellar’s done with “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.” The actress has confirmed to producer Joss Whedon something most industry insiders have assumed for months — namely, that this season will be her last with the UPN series, according to people connected to the show.
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2003 at 07:04 AM by xage »
[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • the noxious in obnoxious
  • Liked:
« Reply #475 on: Feb 27, 2003 at 10:11 AM »
I'll miss you Sarah.  :'( And everybody else in the show, the actors, the producers, the writers (yes, including Marti Noxon) and Big Man Joss. I will buy all the DVDs and watch all your shows.  :'(

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #476 on: Apr 17, 2003 at 10:21 AM »
Anyone still watching? I just finished "Dirty Girls"...

Great to see Faith back! Can anyone who watches Angel fill me in on what's been going on over there until now? Just the subplots involving Faith and Willow, I mean...

It was nice to see the flirtation between Spike and Faith. In a perfect world, Buffy would go back to Angel, and these two should get the chance to be together... now THAT would be one POWER couple!

As much as I hated what happened to Xander, that was a bit stupid... if you're gonna say, "You're the one who sees, let's see if we can do something about that," you DON'T just gouge ONE eye out. He'll still be able to see... DUH!

Oh, and was it just me, or did the strength and fighting technique he showed at the end of the episode make everyone think that Caleb was nothing but "Glory without the hair?" ;D

It looks like it's going to be one hell of a series finale. I'm glad the show got a chance to redeem itself after last season's severe misfire.
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2003 at 11:23 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline The Stig

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #477 on: Apr 19, 2003 at 11:25 AM »
Anyone still watching? I just finished "Dirty Girls"...

Great to see Faith back! Can anyone who watches Angel fill me in on what's been going on over there until now? Just the subplots involving Faith and Willow, I mean...

Hey Mr. Hankey, here's roughly what happened on "Angel" , Angelus came back, Willow was brought in by Fred because shes the only one they know who's ever brought back Angel's soul. And Faith was broken out of prison by Wesley because they needed a heavy hitter against Angelus. After they restored Angel's soul, Willow decided to bring Faith with her back to Sunnydale, hoping she could help out there.

Hope that helped. :)
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2003 at 11:50 PM by hajime »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #478 on: Apr 19, 2003 at 05:14 PM »
Thanks, hajime!

Are you also counting down the days until our common addiction is a thing of the past?  ;D

Offline The Stig

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #479 on: Apr 19, 2003 at 06:40 PM »
Yeah. just a few more episodes to go and it will all be over :(. I'll practically have no use for kazaa. Have to find a new show to get hooked on. ;)