Author Topic: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  (Read 15096 times)

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
« Reply #60 on: Nov 19, 2004 at 10:14 PM »
Well, blame it on the Regions 1, 2, and 4 collectors. It was their petition that convinced Warner to shift to plastic globally.

Anyway, got a clarification from Warner stating that Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Region 3 will indeed be re-released in widescreen in March 2005.
If the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone will release next year in widescreen.Defenitely it will be in amaray type casing >:(

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Nov 20, 2004 at 05:39 AM »

If the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone will release next year in widescreen.Defenitely it will be in amaray type casing >:(

yikes! so that only leaves HP2 as the double digipak... i just hope warner at the very least offers to replace the old digipak cases IF they are indeed going amaray. even if i had to pay warner a fee for the replacements, i wouldn't mind. (wouldn't be a problem sana if "custom/conversion" sites like dvdcoverart wasn't closed down by legal troubles....  *sigh!*)

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Nov 20, 2004 at 12:30 PM »
Well, blame it on the Regions 1, 2, and 4 collectors. It was their petition that convinced Warner to shift to plastic globally.

These collectors probably never had a taste of pirated DVDs in their markets.  So they wouldn't know how they look like. With all the cost-cutting being done in the manufacture of legit DVDs locally made available, (as in all other commodities), those origs are getting closer to looking like pirated stuff, no inserts and kulobot see-through plaster cover on some cheap amaray cases.  You should see the latest offerings from the abus, I think their printing and packaging have improved, especially those cardboard slipcases from Taiwan.

I will certainly miss those snapper cases from warner - about the only DVD feature the pirates never copied. 

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Nov 20, 2004 at 07:31 PM »

These collectors probably never had a taste of pirated DVDs in their markets.  So they wouldn't know how they look like. With all the cost-cutting being done in the manufacture of legit DVDs locally made available, (as in all other commodities), those origs are getting closer to looking like pirated stuff, no inserts and kulobot see-through plaster cover on some cheap amaray cases.  You should see the latest offerings from the abus, I think their printing and packaging have improved, especially those cardboard slipcases from Taiwan.

I will certainly miss those snapper cases from warner - about the only DVD feature the pirates never copied. 

Meron snapper cases na Pirated seen them here and Bangkok.  I think they came from Korea.   ;D

Offline sillyputty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Nov 20, 2004 at 10:40 PM »
magkano po HP3 dyan sa pinas? 32sgd dito e so kung mas mura dyan e baka dyan na ako bumili. ;)

Offline sillyputty

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Nov 20, 2004 at 10:42 PM »
ooopss. nakalagay pala sa home(895)

Offline cHiNo2728

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Addict
  • Its All In Your Ears
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #66 on: Nov 21, 2004 at 07:10 PM »
Hingin ko lang po mga opinions nyo Sirs. Bumili ako kahapon sa Astroplus Podium ng Harry Potter POA for 895. Pagplay ko sa Pioneer 533K namin sa sala okay naman both Movie disc and Special Features disc. Pagplay ko sa kwarto ko using Kebao 6089, yung movie disc hindi naglo-load, pero yung special features okay. Sa player ba ito or talagang kailangan kong isoli ito sa AstroPlus?

Anybody knows their return policies?
LG SuperUHD SJ8500
Yamaha RXV 673
Raspberry Pi 2
Pana BDT310
Polk Audio Rti A7 & A6
Dual SVS PB100

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #67 on: Nov 21, 2004 at 07:31 PM »
I didn't like the 1st 2 movies and really hated the 3rd installment. It needs a new director to awaken the movie audience, it kinda put me to sleep in the theater. Sometimes things in the book need not be made exactly in the movies, because it's kinda in a different perspective.

Whoa...relax Gideon;)  For me, I feel all the 3 movies are kind of luke-warm effect. Sort of lacking some sort of critical ingredients....hence, making it not movies that you wish to re-watch again & again. Overall, they are watchable & not bad but at this point adding them into my DVD collection is yet to be decided. Consideration is in progress.... ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2004 at 07:32 PM by pchin »

Offline Hot Mama

• Collector
  • I Love My Hot Mama!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 08:01 AM »
Hey Guys!

I dont know if its just me... but is HP3 truly a widescreen format? As in 16:9 aspect ratio???

Reason is... i saw it playing at astrovision megamall. The TV screen shows widescreen, meaning the top and bottom of the TV screen are black. However, looking at the picture itself, Harry seemed to have lost weight...as in payat yung picture...its compressed...parang old cinemascope film...am sure its not just my eyes because round objects in the picture turned oblong.

Is it just Astro's video player??? or have any of you guys experienced what i am saying?

:)

Offline sweetam

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 08:59 AM »

Anyway, got a clarification from Warner stating that Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Region 3 will indeed be re-released in widescreen in March 2005.

thanks for this info about HP1 sir firewired!  :D

anyway, i was able to bought HP3 at tower records for PhP 805.50 only...  I availed the 10% discount when you use your BPI edge

;D

Offline subtitle

• Collector
  • W
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 10:58 AM »
it's just astro's player not set in the correct aspect ratio.

Hey Guys!

I dont know if its just me... but is HP3 truly a widescreen format? As in 16:9 aspect ratio???

Reason is... i saw it playing at astrovision megamall. The TV screen shows widescreen, meaning the top and bottom of the TV screen are black. However, looking at the picture itself, Harry seemed to have lost weight...as in payat yung picture...its compressed...parang old cinemascope film...am sure its not just my eyes because round objects in the picture turned oblong.

Is it just Astro's video player??? or have any of you guys experienced what i am saying?

Offline aszamora

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • DVD Guru
  • En Taro Adun
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 02:49 PM »
   I'm torn between HP 3 and Shrek 2. Can anybody who has both, give me an idea which one is better overall in terms of feature film and bonus features? I heard that Shrek 2 has bad packaging so despite it being my first choice, I just want to know if the movie itself and the extra features makes it better than HP 3. Kung hindi or parehas lang, I'll go with HP 3. Thanks to anyone who'll share their input.  :)

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #72 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 12:07 AM »
Hey Guys!

it is anamorphic widescreen.  from what you described nasa anamorphic setting yung player.  aspect ratio kasi is 2:35:1.  so if its in anamorphic setting on a regular tv (not widescreen), stretched ang itsura niya and still maintaining the black bars on top and at the bottom.

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 12:19 PM »
   I'm torn between HP 3 and Shrek 2. Can anybody who has both, give me an idea which one is better overall in terms of feature film and bonus features? I heard that Shrek 2 has bad packaging so despite it being my first choice, I just want to know if the movie itself and the extra features makes it better than HP 3. Kung hindi or parehas lang, I'll go with HP 3. Thanks to anyone who'll share their input.  :)

I have both R3 versions and both have entertainment value, especially to my kid.  If you already have the previous HPs and Shrek, like I do, I'd get both.  But you really don't have to agonize choosing between the two. You don't even have to get both at the same time, those titles will always be there anyway.  I only bought the first Shrek a few weeks ago, close to getting shrek2.  Just get one now and get the other later.   Maybe a year from now, both will be on sale. 

If you ask me, both R3 packaging leaves much to be desired, shrek 2 being worse, looking  more like pirated stuff.  But even HP3, compared to the previous two, looks like p stuff.  Both movies are entertaining, excellent video and active surround sounds.   I haven't gone through either of their 2nd disk features to compare.  But i'm almost sure, if the previous ones are any indication, they'd be just as good.  So let's not be "torn" between the two.  Get one now and the other later. 

BUT...if you MUST choose between the two, for whatever reason, I'd pick Shrek 2.  It gave me more laughs.   ;D  But that's just me.
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2004 at 12:22 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline czedryk

• Collector
  • VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VICI
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 03:26 PM »
Maybe I'll pass this one...

Hintay ko n lng mag-sale...

Offline aszamora

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • DVD Guru
  • En Taro Adun
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 06:15 PM »

I have both R3 versions and both have entertainment value, especially to my kid.  If you already have the previous HPs and Shrek, like I do, I'd get both.  But you really don't have to agonize choosing between the two. You don't even have to get both at the same time, those titles will always be there anyway.  I only bought the first Shrek a few weeks ago, close to getting shrek2.  Just get one now and get the other later.   Maybe a year from now, both will be on sale. 

If you ask me, both R3 packaging leaves much to be desired, shrek 2 being worse, looking  more like pirated stuff.  But even HP3, compared to the previous two, looks like p stuff.  Both movies are entertaining, excellent video and active surround sounds.   I haven't gone through either of their 2nd disk features to compare.  But i'm almost sure, if the previous ones are any indication, they'd be just as good.  So let's not be "torn" between the two.  Get one now and the other later. 

BUT...if you MUST choose between the two, for whatever reason, I'd pick Shrek 2.  It gave me more laughs.   ;D  But that's just me.

Thanks for the input! I will set my sights on Shrek 2 first then. I still have with me most of the P5000 GC that I won at the EB but I meant to buy only one regular priced DVDs and the rest I will use to buy from the current and upcoming DVD sales. I just want to have one brand new title to go with my Troy and Spider-man 2 DVDs. I'm saving some of my own money for the LOTR Extended Trilogy. I've seen HP3 at the Glorietta when it was shown but not Shrek 2 so I guess, I'll go with the latter. I might just buy HP3 together with HP1 when it's released in widescreen next year. I'm also close to completing the top 10 movies of all time in the US and if I get Shrek 2, I'm only lacking 3. Well, THANKS AGAIN!!

Offline IceTea

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 09:15 AM »
Question:  :)

I believe, based on HP1 and HP2, R1 vs R3 have the same feature.  Can anyone confirm that on HP3, R3 is the same as R1?  TIA.

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 09:27 AM »

Thanks for the input! I will set my sights on Shrek 2 first then. I still have with me most of the P5000 GC that I won at the EB but I meant to buy only one regular priced DVDs and the rest I will use to buy from the current and upcoming DVD sales. I just want to have one brand new title to go with my Troy and Spider-man 2 DVDs. I'm saving some of my own money for the LOTR Extended Trilogy. I've seen HP3 at the Glorietta when it was shown but not Shrek 2 so I guess, I'll go with the latter. I might just buy HP3 together with HP1 when it's released in widescreen next year. I'm also close to completing the top 10 movies of all time in the US and if I get Shrek 2, I'm only lacking 3. Well, THANKS AGAIN!!

He, he,  ;D  Pareho pala tayo, I also won a 5T GC. (Ba't kaya di- na post yung pictures natin?)   Nabawasan na last Sunday with two titles on sale.    I might splurge on the magna sale next week.  ;D  Good luck. 

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #78 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 09:40 AM »
I believe, based on HP1 and HP2, R1 vs R3 have the same feature.  Can anyone confirm that on HP3, R3 is the same as R1?

Yes.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #79 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 09:49 AM »
buti pa kayo, 5t GC, malayo-layo mararatng nyan mga sirs, pero at least sa akin, i got the HP3... m still keepin it virgin up to this time-- i hope i wont be tempted not until this weekend- -  ;D
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 12:19 PM »
Hingin ko lang po mga opinions nyo Sirs. Bumili ako kahapon sa Astroplus Podium ng Harry Potter POA for 895. Pagplay ko sa Pioneer 533K namin sa sala okay naman both Movie disc and Special Features disc. Pagplay ko sa kwarto ko using Kebao 6089, yung movie disc hindi naglo-load, pero yung special features okay. Sa player ba ito or talagang kailangan kong isoli ito sa AstroPlus?

From the looks of it, mukhang meron ulit protection ang DVD na to...just like A.I.  I experienced this problem before when I tried playing the A.I. DVD sa generic player.  coz of some protection provided by Warner, it simply wouldn't play sa generic player.  Pero sa branded okey naman. 

If you still want to return it, madali naman kausap mga tao sa Astro Branches.  Just show them the receipt and tell them the problem and they will gladly entertain you. 

Good luck sir!  ;)

Offline hubes

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #81 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 12:25 PM »
I also experience something like that on AI R3. but it plays on Astro's nextbase dvd player and would not play on my philips dvd player. special features plays on both.  ???

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #82 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 01:17 PM »

It happened to my Spiderman R3 but in my case it's the Bonus disc that won't play on my generic player. What I did was input "0" while the disc tray is open and then it played. :)

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Nov 26, 2004 at 12:52 AM »
ok ba yung Harry Potter 3???

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
« Reply #84 on: Nov 26, 2004 at 02:06 AM »
ok ba yung Harry Potter 3???

The quality of the movie or the quality of the DVD?

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Nov 26, 2004 at 08:16 PM »

The quality of the movie or the quality of the DVD?

actually both sir....  ;D

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
« Reply #86 on: Nov 27, 2004 at 01:04 PM »

actually both sir....  ;D

The movie's the best of the series so far. A well-crafted piece of fantasy.

The DVD's also pretty good. It has more in-the-making specials than the other two DVD's.

Offline rocksteady

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Dec 12, 2004 at 09:58 PM »
is it just me or is there a shortage of this title in Tower Records? ???  I went to tower glorietta, music one greenbelt, and tower alabang town center.... all out of stock  :-[

sayang wanted to take advantage pa naman sana of the BPI edge discount....

Offline don jose

• Apprentice
  • Delicious!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Jan 15, 2005 at 09:03 AM »
hi guys. i dont think anybody noticed this. the previous releases of HPs are 5.1EX, the HP3 is only 5.1.
di pa ko kumukuha ng HP3 because of:
1: the casing
2: 5.1 nga lang
3: just bought LOTR ROTK R1 from astro for only 899(on sale). compared the two and decided to get LOTR.

just in case, are the sound of HP3 very good?
tnx. 8)
Count your blessings!!!

Offline JhunDV

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Good old-fashioned lover boy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Jan 15, 2005 at 11:36 AM »
hi guys. i dont think anybody noticed this. the previous releases of HPs are 5.1EX, the HP3 is only 5.1.
di pa ko kumukuha ng HP3 because of:
1: the casing
2: 5.1 nga lang
3: just bought LOTR ROTK R1 from astro for only 899(on sale). compared the two and decided to get LOTR.

just in case, are the sound of HP3 very good?
tnx. 8)

- The casing of HP3 is the same even for Region 1 so don't expect it to revert back to digipack.

- The sound quality of HP3 is comparable to HP1 and HP2 so no complains there.

- You should have gotten the LOTR ROTK R1 here at marketplace where you can get it for as low as 500 (mint condition).

Panny 50VT30 - Onkyo 818 - Polk  RTiA5/CSiA6/FXiA4/DSWPro550 - MEDE8ER 1000x3D - Synology DS413j