Author Topic: Cancelled or Shelved Region 3 Releases  (Read 2030 times)

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Cancelled or Shelved Region 3 Releases
« on: Oct 09, 2004 at 09:28 AM »
I've learned that this is actually a growing concern for some R3 distributors. One of the major reasons why some DVD releases don't make it to Asia is when consolidated orders across the region (except for certain territories like Korea) do not meet the minimum order requirements of the US studios.

The way I understand it, this is one of the reasons why certain R3 distributors seem uncomfortable when queried about future releases.

To give you an idea of how this works, each studio releases an annual region-by-region roadmap that details what DVDs will be available for a particular year. As the months go by, this list is revised depending on a variety of factors - demand being the most critical. Cancellations tend to be sudden, so a title may appear on a studio's release list for the following month but never actually make it to market.

In any case, I've requested that PinoyDVD be informed of any such decisions ASAP to prevent confusion in the community and to allow consumers to find alternative sources for their DVD fix.

This thread will be updated whenever we receive new information.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Cancelled or Shelved Region 3 Releases
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2005 at 10:23 AM »
I think we can start this thread with two titles you've mentioned:

Veronica Mars: The Complete First Season

The Tarzan Collection - Please note: Now is a good time to buy this from Amazon. It's currently selling for only $19.97. I bought my copy last July for $47.94!  :-[
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...