Author Topic: Generic DVD Players Part 3  (Read 11095 times)

Offline utoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • the noxious in obnoxious
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:dvd players at vcd player prices?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 22, 2003 at 03:51 PM »
You'd have to reconfigure your player's sound set-up. To do that, press SETUP on your remote. Select SOUND. Select Dolby Digital. Select, uhm, I forget the next step. But the general idea is to have your player downmix the 5.1 audio to 2 channels.

Offline bently

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re:dvd players at vcd player prices?
« Reply #31 on: Jan 22, 2003 at 10:40 PM »
nice review what's the brand name?

this looks like a generic dvd player, so i'm merging this with Generic DVD Players Part 3
thread

thanks
bently
.·´ `·. . ><((((º> . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . <º))))><
.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . ><((((º> .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .
·. . .·´ `·. . .><((((º>.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. .

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
Re:question re generic player
« Reply #32 on: Jan 23, 2003 at 07:25 AM »
i was looking through the dvd players the abus were selling at Makati Cinema Square when i chanced upon a Roxing (not sure kung tama ang tanda ko) player.  It looked like a typical china made player but when i checked the rear input/output i noticed a "progressive scan output" daw.  It looks like a computer monitor port  na pwedeng pagkabitan ng monitor.  i asked the abu, ang sabi para daw sa laptop attachment (?).  Ganoon ba talaga ang output para sa progressive scan, or is that thingie just so you can watch the dvd's on a computer monitor?  and btw, mas ok ba manood sa monitor o parehas lang sa tv?

junji98

If you are looking for a generic progressive scan player, go to Image Video Harrison.  They have a DVD player there with the brand AV Link USA loaded with features you wanted in a DVD player:

>progressive scan
>internal PAL/NTSC converter
>DD/DTS decoders
>reads JPEG pics
>DVD, DVD-R, CD, VCD, MP3, etc
>Price: P5k

Check it out!

BTW,  I am not an agent with Image in anyway, I just happen to buy a lot of AV stuff from them.  ;)

Offline stac

• Collector
  • #rm -rf /
  • Liked:
Re:Generic DVD Players Part 3
« Reply #33 on: Jan 25, 2003 at 10:03 AM »
uy, may DVD player http://www.kiss-technology.com/projects/dvd_450.asp?id=109 na pwede DivX! dami pa mga features! sana magkaroon rin ng mga generic na KISS DVD player.  Abangan... :)
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2003 at 10:04 AM by stac »

Offline tien tsai

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re:Generic DVD Players Part 3
« Reply #34 on: Feb 06, 2003 at 08:55 AM »
Hi, is Tha AHOO player as good as Nextbase/Xenon in  terms or being able to play all DVD discs and the sound quality?  Any feedback or Threads about AHOO? Thanks!

Offline jdg

• Collector
  • divx addict!!!
  • Liked:
generic dvd recommendation?
« Reply #35 on: Sep 30, 2004 at 10:49 AM »
i'm about to buy my first dvd player ano bang recommended niyong generic brand and model? sobra kasing dami ng brands and model hindi ko malaman kung ano magandang bilin. gusto ko sana yung matibay and maganda ang warranty and after sales service. :)

Offline vendvd

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Re: generic dvd recommendation?
« Reply #36 on: Oct 01, 2004 at 04:49 AM »
Ranging from 2,100 to 2,300 pesos, you can try Starfast3 with one year warranty but if you want a better generic DVD player and you are willing to add an extra 1,ooo pesos (more or less), Skyworth is the way to go.  It also carries a one year warranty.  Goodluck on your purchase.

Offline sickmaggot

• Collector
  • Sick & Twisted
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Oct 01, 2004 at 09:33 AM »
Ranging from 2,100 to 2,300 pesos, you can try Starfast3 with one year warranty but if you want a better generic DVD player and you are willing to add an extra 1,ooo pesos (more or less), Skyworth is the way to go.  It also carries a one year warranty.  Goodluck on your purchase.

Mas ok ba ung skyworth 3250 kesa sa KEBAO 8089? Ano ba pinagkaiba nung dalawa? I'm planning to buy a new dvd, gamit ko dati pioneer. Ano ba ang mas maganda sa dalawang player? 5.1 naman cla paraeho at multiregion db?

Offline galoop

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Nov 15, 2004 at 08:35 PM »
i'm about to buy my first dvd player ano bang recommended niyong generic brand and model? sobra kasing dami ng brands and model hindi ko malaman kung ano magandang bilin. gusto ko sana yung matibay and maganda ang warranty and after sales service. :)
If until now you are not yet bought any generic dvd player, you might as well buy the KEBAO dvd player because this player is sturdy and has and excellent after sales service. Proven na ito, mahigit na 2 years ang Kebao player ko and it still working properly kahit na heavy duty ang gamit ko dito (5 hrs/day on average). But it is up to you what kind of dvd player you will buy. Just read the comments of people that have bought and used their respective units and you will be able to have an idea of what you will buy. Goodluck !

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #39 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 01:45 PM »
How about this one ...  its 139sgd( 4.5K pesos)

http://www.honeyandbees.com/

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 02:00 PM »
Very nice.  Definitely can make a stylish statement in any home decor.  Reminds me of some nakamichi and bang & olufsen mini-compo systems.  ;D   

Offline napalmdog

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 11:37 AM »
meron nang ganyan sa compex, protech ata tatak worth 4,700

Offline Jecko

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Nov 29, 2004 at 05:13 PM »
a newbie here.

may nkita ako nyan sa compex din. standing style, mirage ang tatak for 3,9k yata.  bought a nextbase 785 though, burn in test ko as of now, hehe! bought sa sm megamall for 3,7k. hirap kasi sa raon malayo if ever may problem. 6 months warranty nga lang.

Offline Jude

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #43 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 01:54 PM »
Already have a nextbase (1.5 years old) and a skyworth (6 mos old). I'm satisfied with them naman but now I want to "upgrade" to a player with both DTS decoding and progressive scan. What's the best deal of all the DVD players out there? Yung kasing-OK yung quality compared to nextbase and skyworth pero with the two features I mentioned.

Offline Monzki

• Collector
  • Yeboy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 02:03 PM »
Already have a nextbase (1.5 years old) and a skyworth (6 mos old). I'm satisfied with them naman but now I want to "upgrade" to a player with both DTS decoding and progressive scan. What's the best deal of all the DVD players out there? Yung kasing-OK yung quality compared to nextbase and skyworth pero with the two features I mentioned.

XTREME 6500A is the unit that will satisfy your requirements bro, look for the one with the Video Bitrate Display feature yun yung matinong version ng XTREME (the ultimate generic DVD player  :))
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2004 at 07:42 PM by Monzki »

Offline jdg

• Collector
  • divx addict!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 06:13 PM »
magkano yung xtreme 6500A and saan available? :)

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #46 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 06:20 PM »
Recently went with a friend. He tested a model with Xtreme brand costing about P3,800 with component output. It has slim design & actually quite good looking. There are a few other units with lower price range at around 3,400. I believe you can still bargain with them to a much lower price. It's a universal player. Tried playing it with R1, R3 & R4. Absolutely no problem whatsoever encountered.  :)
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2004 at 06:21 PM by pchin »

Offline Monzki

• Collector
  • Yeboy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 07:39 PM »
Recently went with a friend. He tested a model with Xtreme brand costing about P3,800 with component output. It has slim design & actually quite good looking. There are a few other units with lower price range at around 3,400. I believe you can still bargain with them to a much lower price. It's a universal player. Tried playing it with R1, R3 & R4. Absolutely no problem whatsoever encountered.  :)

Feature-packed pa siya in terms of video and audio configuration settings/options  O0

My XTREME 6500A belongs to the first batch release (the one with the Video Bitrate Display feature), bought it at Raon Shopping Center (Stall 52) costs P3,300 before  :)
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2004 at 07:44 PM by Monzki »

Offline torque

• DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 08:39 PM »

XTREME 6500A is the unit that will satisfy your requirements bro, look for the one with the Video Bitrate Display feature yun yung matinong version ng XTREME (the ultimate generic DVD player  :))

bro Monzki,  mukhang malupit ang XTREME  6500A (the ultimate generic DVD player)  ;D
magandang  feature  ang  Video Bitrate Display,  try  kong i-audition to para i-recommend  sa mga friends  ko  ;D

Offline Monzki

• Collector
  • Yeboy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Dec 01, 2004 at 07:24 AM »

bro Monzki,  mukhang malupit ang XTREME  6500A (the ultimate generic DVD player)  ;D
magandang  feature  ang  Video Bitrate Display,  try  kong i-audition to para i-recommend  sa mga friends  ko  ;D

Malufet siya in my opinion bro, in all of the generic DVD players that I've owned e.g. XENON-NEXTBASE-VISTRON-KEBAO-LEXING, the XTREME 6500A has all the features that I was looking for in a DVD player i.e. feature-packed (audio and video setup options), plays a variety of formats without being choosy, has built-in DTS decoder, has built-in fan, has VGA port, progressive scan, plays anamorphic encoded PAL discs correctly, full Karaoke functions, setup controls integrated in the unit, etc.  hence, "The Ultimate Generic DVD Player"  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2004 at 08:50 AM by Monzki »

Offline jdg

• Collector
  • divx addict!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Dec 01, 2004 at 09:54 AM »
magkano ba yang Xtreme 6500A gaano katagal ang warranty and saan available? btw may pics ka ba niyang 65000A kasi hanap ko yung simple lang itsura. yung nabili kasi namin na ganz klar umiilaw pa yung disc tray nababaduyan ako. :-\

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #51 on: Dec 01, 2004 at 10:29 AM »
a skyworth (6 mos old). I'm satisfied with them naman but now I want to "upgrade" to a player with both DTS decoding and progressive scan.

From what I know, Skyworth DVD players are progscan capable.

Offline Monzki

• Collector
  • Yeboy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Dec 02, 2004 at 02:53 PM »
magkano ba yang Xtreme 6500A gaano katagal ang warranty and saan available? btw may pics ka ba niyang 65000A kasi hanap ko yung simple lang itsura. yung nabili kasi namin na ganz klar umiilaw pa yung disc tray nababaduyan ako. :-\

The XTREME 6500A looks and japorms is similar to the Pioneer DV-566K-S, sa logo and remote lang nagkatalo   :D

Ayus pala yang Ganz Klar mo ah kumukuti-kutitap tamang-tama ngayong pasko  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2004 at 02:55 PM by Monzki »

Offline torque

• DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Dec 02, 2004 at 03:34 PM »
bro,  panalo sa porma! ;D

Offline Monzki

• Collector
  • Yeboy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Dec 02, 2004 at 06:17 PM »
bro,  panalo sa porma! ;D

Kaya nga na-love at first sight ako sa XTREME 6500A eh... together forever na tuloy kami  ;D

Offline jdg

• Collector
  • divx addict!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Dec 03, 2004 at 09:32 AM »
magkano ba yang xtreme 6500A mukhang ok na ok! kumpleto ba siya sa features? O0

Offline napalmdog

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Dec 03, 2004 at 05:59 PM »
sabi sa xtreme threads na may issue to sa reliability. madali daw masira. sa mga units nyo ok pa ba?

Offline Monzki

• Collector
  • Yeboy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Dec 03, 2004 at 06:21 PM »
sabi sa xtreme threads na may issue to sa reliability. madali daw masira. sa mga units nyo ok pa ba?

My XTREME is 9 months old, subjected to heavy use and abuse... only problem encountered recently is the inability to read some DVDs (displays "NO DISC") which was fixed via DIY by adjusting the lens alignment screws (lens recalibration) and after the fix it's good as new again  8)

Offline aya12

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Dec 03, 2004 at 07:51 PM »
how did you do the lens calibration?

Offline aya12

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Dec 03, 2004 at 07:57 PM »
how much po ito ngayon and where specifically mabibili. di ba ito madaling masira