Author Topic: Toshiba DVD players  (Read 5409 times)

Offline kt

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Toshiba DVD players
« Reply #30 on: Jan 09, 2006 at 10:12 AM »
bro levi n dts!!!! tnx for the tip! i think ill keep my player for now n just wait...hopefully...hehe

Offline espi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Waddup?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Mar 12, 2006 at 09:23 PM »
kt!

musta?
i'm thinkin of getting this one too. kasi magpapalit na din ako tv. im planning to get the philips 32pf7320 lcd tv with pixel plus over the samsung dlp.

sirs mejo ot, pero what do u think about my decision? (lcd over dlp)

back to topic.

i currently have a pioneer 676a player...just like kt's thoughts before, i want to maximize the hdmi feature sana..

do you think it's wise to get this player over the 676a?

im interested on what it can bring together with the pixel plus technology...

hoping for your inputs...

salamat!
Ye Boy! :p

Offline kt

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Mar 13, 2006 at 10:17 AM »
bro pol! advanced congrats on your tv purchase!!! as wat the guys suggested, im still using my 686a until a better upconverting player comes out.... gluk n balitaan mo kami bro!

Offline espi

• Collector
  • Waddup?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Mar 15, 2006 at 09:07 AM »
I saw the catalog last night and I am now eyeing this dvd player mainly cuz of its reasonable price. If I remember correctly, its a universal player (DVD, DVDa, SACD) with divX to boot.

I saw a xerox review from Sound & Vision from the salesman & the mag has rated this to be comparableto the Denon 1920 (24k here). It also stated that both have good PQ, but the Toshiba image quality beat Denon by a bit.

sir matz,

did u get this player already? how do you find its performance?

Offline espi

• Collector
  • Waddup?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Mar 15, 2006 at 09:21 AM »
here's a review on the toshiba sd350e player:

http://www.cnet.com.au/hometheatre/dvd/0,39026197,40058300,00.htm

Offline mika888

• Collector
  • Let's turn it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2006 at 09:27 AM »
i own one. i think it's the best upconversion player around for the price package. others dont include hdmi cable(HDMI-HDMI) but it was a surprise when i saw one upon opening the box. i asked one samsung reps. during my scout before settling to sd350e if they include hdmi cable, not included daw to cut cost cos accdng. to him one hdmi cable would cost around P7k here, tho i'm not sure how true that is.

PQ is sharp but a bit grainy(compared to when im using xbox as my upscaler thru XBMC) maybe bcos i project movies thru a 70" screen, not visible on 50" & below tho. I played 720p DIVX trailers, burned on DVD-r with no problem. Sound is much clearer compared to my old pioneer 535k. I just wish it has optical out and can play WMV & SACD. :)

you can check this review:
http://www.shopireland.ie/electronics/detail/B0009IF1Z2/Toshiba-Sd-350E-Multi-region/

Sir...  You said that you use your Xbox as an upscaler?  We do have an Xbox and I would like to know how can it be used as an upscaler.  Thanks
Your eye is the key...

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2006 at 02:57 PM »
Guys please help! I bought a Toshiba DVD Player with HDMI sa US two months ago, I would like to know if possible ba na mawala yung R1 restriction nito. TIA.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006 at 03:53 PM by vtec3 »

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2006 at 05:32 PM »
Sir...  You said that you use your Xbox as an upscaler?  We do have an Xbox and I would like to know how can it be used as an upscaler.  Thanks

Yes you can use it as an upscaler just install 'xbox media center' in your hard drive. its a bit frustrating cos you have to use a pc connection to do an ftp and its not easy to find this software over the net. But I can PM you the shop where you can go and have it installed instead. You might also want to consider buying the High Definition AV Pack for your digital audio & video connection, another hard to find these days or you can settle for the Advanced AV pack if you're ok watching just w/ stereo sound. Once installed you will notice that the video mode is already activated to switch fr. 720p and 1080i.